New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Is this good news? Does this mean that State sponsors and family sponsors will now be treated as the one category and be processed in date order?

This could be great news for the oldest applicants, eg 2007-2008 offshore FS who haven't moved AT ALL in 4 years!!!

Fingers crossed.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this good news? Does this mean that State sponsors and family sponsors will now be treated as the one category and be processed in date order?

This could be great news for the oldest applicants, eg 2007-2008 offshore FS who haven't moved AT ALL in 4 years!!!

Fingers crossed.

I hope this is good news. Maybe it's because there's not much state sponsored nowadays as compared to years ago...

Hi there,

Is there anybody waiting for CO allocation for 885 from around june 2011......Because my friend is granted visa for 885 OCT 2012..

Bit worried and anxious whats going on...

share your thought..

Thanks

Hi Babu,Yours friend course might be different from yours.sometimes allocation it depends on the individual circumstances as well

we are all 886 family sponsored waiting for co.don't know whether or not they will allocate co or not.

1.3 of my friend applied june 09 got no co

2.1 of my friend applied sept 09 no co

3.i have applied oct'09 no co

i come to know from my friend that they know at least 5 people who got no co09 886 application

don't knowwhat is our fate ???????????????

Hi all, just wanting to vent a bit, though at least I am in the fortunate position of actually having a CO. I applied Dec 2009, 886 FS and I'm from a low risk country. All my docs were uploaded a week ago via my agent, so far there is no change showing on the online progress checker for me. Frustrating, knowing that some have got PR within 2 days of uploading docs. Also, my docs are all showing as 'required', despite having uploaded the original docs back in 2009 and the meds and pc last week. Rang the agent to ask if that was ok, and was told that it's just how it goes. Asked if they could give me any idea how much longer it might take, and they replied 'could be few weeks, could be few months.' Sigh.

Drop an email to CO saying that you have submitted all requested docs.......I was granted that way in 2 days.

Hey babu , July 2011 .

i did apply August 2011 too .my friend applied at 5 January 2011 too.i did talk to diac.they told me that they will start single applicant from 1st July .let see what will happen in next month.pls friends keep updating .we all single application are in same boat .

pray to almighty we all get co soon .

Hi Miltan001 and Babu,

Good to hear they will process single applicant from 1st July:) I will update you guys if i hear anything from DIAC.Wish you all the best.

we are all 886 family sponsored waiting for co.don't know whether or not they will allocate co or not.

1.3 of my friend applied june 09 got no co

2.1 of my friend applied sept 09 no co

3.i have applied oct'09 no co

i come to know from my friend that they know at least 5 people who got no co09 886 application

don't knowwhat is our fate ???????????????

Hi Wrong - my fiance is also November 2009 fs886 and still waiting for co. We have been told that there will be no more allocations this financial year so if you haven't heard you won't hear until the new financial year.

I don't know what is going to happen since we don't know whether Brendon O'Connor is resigning his position or will stay... if he resigns then we will get a new immigration minister who faces a huge portfolio and an upcoming election... unlikely anything will happen with skilled migration until much later in the year, and most likely a Liberal government.

It really is disappointing that applications have not been processed in date order but I suppose there isn't anything we can do about it.

I'm still hoping to hear back from my local member but I'm certainly not holding my breath now with all this drama.

How do you pm? can I talk to you on your mobile brother. If thats ok.

When you go in ur profile of poms in oz on left hand side...you will see send private message.I will personnel message u....you will see in notification when you log in.

Hi Guys

I'm bit concern looking at the migration program chart http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm.

if you look at (Skilled Australian Sponsored 7) Column for year 2013 - 2014, there is no allocation, what could that mean?

Does it mean that they will put a cease on all application that's in 886 FS?

Can someone clarify this if they have more information about it.

Also if you look at the chart itself, the number of allocation has been high in the previous years, but the last year program the number has dropped significantly are they going to stay with the same number.

Hi Wrong - my fiance is also November 2009 fs886 and still waiting for co. We have been told that there will be no more allocations this financial year so if you haven't heard you won't hear until the new financial year.

I don't know what is going to happen since we don't know whether Brendon O'Connor is resigning his position or will stay... if he resigns then we will get a new immigration minister who faces a huge portfolio and an upcoming election... unlikely anything will happen with skilled migration until much later in the year, and most likely a Liberal government.

It really is disappointing that applications have not been processed in date order but I suppose there isn't anything we can do about it.

I'm still hoping to hear back from my local member but I'm certainly not holding my breath now with all this drama.

Guys, this has been totally chaotic.

The fact the we now how good the current government in processing & dealing with migration problem.

And now they have cabinet re-shuffle, where things might get ceased where we are at the moment till they resolved internal problem.

Looks like is going to be a dreadful journey from here on:cry:

thanks for your reply.is there anything we can do together.would you please update me if you can get info from your local mp.it's heart breaking situation .also why in immi web the migration planning stat it doest show how much family sponsored will get visa next year.do you think rest of us the govt can cease the application

thanks for your reply.is there anything we can do together.would you please update me if you can get info from your local mp.it's heart breaking situation .also why in immi web the migration planning stat it doest show how much family sponsored will get visa next year.do you think rest of us the govt can cease the application

please check the note no.8 below the table which is:

8 State and Territory Sponsored and Skilled Australian Sponsored (Skilled Independent Regional) categories have been amalgamated into State/Territory and Regional Nominated category in the 2013–14 Program.

As per my understanding, they have merged the allocated numbers of state sponsored and FS..correct me if I'm wrong. As you can see they added that category which was absent from previous years.

just out of curiosity, can we really seek help from our local MP?

please check the note no.8 below the table which is:

8 State and Territory Sponsored and Skilled Australian Sponsored (Skilled Independent Regional) categories have been amalgamated into State/Territory and Regional Nominated category in the 2013–14 Program.

As per my understanding, they have merged the allocated numbers of state sponsored and FS..correct me if I'm wrong. As you can see they added that category which was absent from previous years.

Hi Sophie, at 1st I thought Skilled Australian Sponsored (Skilled Independent Regional) is referring to 885 application.886 FS application is under Skilled Australian Sponsored, cause we being sponsor by our family member.

but another glance at the chart i think you could be right, cause if you compare with 2012 - 2013 number for Skilled Australian Skilled Australian Sponsored and Territory Sponsored equal to 2013 - 2014States / Territory and Regional Nominated number.

Hi Sophie, at 1st I thought Skilled Australian Sponsored (Skilled Independent Regional) is referring to 885 application.886 FS application is under Skilled Australian Sponsored, cause we being sponsor by our family member.

but another glance at the chart i think you could be right, cause if you compare with 2012 - 2013 number for Skilled Australian Skilled Australian Sponsored and Territory Sponsored equal to 2013 - 2014States / Territory and Regional Nominated number.

let's keep our fingers crossed that it could mean they are not limiting slot as low as 4k for FS, and we can take a look at skillselect report, it reflects that SS was in low numbers compared to years before they started the skillselect. Maybe that's why they have merged the allocation slots for the 2 categories. Just my opinion! :)

I hate to discuss politics here on this forum..... but, return of Kevin Rudd rekindles some hope, there might be some changes in the immigration policy and finally we FS Offshore applicants be looked upon...... :no:

let's keep our fingers crossed that it could mean they are not limiting slot as low as 4k for FS, and we can take a look at skillselect report, it reflects that SS was in low numbers compared to years before they started the skillselect. Maybe that's why they have merged the allocation slots for the 2 categories. Just my opinion! :)

I have noticed, SMP figures have always varied by the figures they announce and the intake.... I really hope they enhance the quota for FS applicants for 2013 - 14...

Archived