New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

that last 2years FS has a quota of 4k only, but still many were processed towards the end of financial year

Goodluck to all of us!

My opinion is that they were processed only because actually they were never in Cat5 group, but higher priority. In Cat5 are all applications which were not able to meet the previous groups's priority requirements (skill, state sponsorship, code still on SOL, etc.) and these are the applications blocked.

Now it makes sense to me why they've merged State and Territory Sponsored and Skilled Australian Sponsored. It is because they already processed all group 4 for 176 FS and unless they unblock Cat5, they will no longer have other Skilled Australian Sponsored applications.

So, again, in my opinion, they are keeping the door open for State Sponsorship applications, but if very few new applications will be receiving State Sponsorship, the planning level for 2013-2014 will be hard to be reached, which might open Cat5 - 176 FS at the end of financial year, as you assumed.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is that they were processed only because actually they were never in Cat5 group, but higher priority. In Cat5 are all applications which were not able to meet the previous groups's priority requirements (skill, state sponsorship, code still on SOL, etc.) and these are the applications blocked.

Now it makes sense to me why they've merged State and Territory Sponsored and Skilled Australian Sponsored. It is because they already processed all group 4 for 176 FS and unless they unblock Cat5, they will no longer have other Skilled Australian Sponsored applications.

So, again, in my opinion, they are keeping the door open for State Sponsorship applications, but if very few new applications will be receiving State Sponsorship, the planning level for 2013-2014 will be hard to be reached, which might open Cat5 - 176 FS at the end of financial year, as you assumed.

It is onshore FS I am referring to and they were cat5 like us...

Dear All

I too got a reply in response to my mail sent to the Minister Burke. It is addressed to my agent but says that it is a reply to my letter dated 20th July asking for when my application will be processed. I got the same reply as those posted here but it did not mention my date of lodgement but kept refering to my name a number of times. Same statement that it will not be processed this year due to limited number of places and higher priority applications.

From my own analysis, which may be more optimistic than realistic, i feel that they can't land themselves in a tight spot by saying that they will process any of us this year because they don't know how many applications they will recived in Skillselect. because if there are too many people and they don't process us, they don't want to defend themselves about why they said they will process any of us. but we all know that when places are left towards the end of the year they do process Cat 5. and the very hefty fee they are now charging for Skillselect applications, fewer sponsored occupations and tougher requirements, there woun't be as many people applying as there were in the past while they havent actually reduced the total skilled places, so they will definitely have some places left over. But on shore people will get a chance first then our turn will come.

I do think that some 176 FS will be processed, mostly 2007-8, but this is my own thinking, so don't take my word for it. but they can't delay us further than 2014-15 ... but that's 2 years away!!!!!! *&&^%$*(@()#*@)(*!!!!!!

I was not to disappointed with the mail nor too optimistic but happy that my effort of writing to them did generate a response and some attention towards our problem. at least they now know that we are waiting and impatient and they are answerable to us too. hopefully this will make them give us a chance when the year is ending.

Don't lose hope, an like Daynne said, concentrate on your current life and live it to the fullest, and leave the rest to God!

This is the reply I received today from GSM...very discouraging and disappointing :nah:

Applicationsfor GSM continue to be processed in line with the Migration Program planninglevels as well as the Priority Processing direction set by the former Minister.The priorityprocessing arrangements and Migration Program planning levels have beendesigned to ensure the Australian economy gets the skills it needs now.

Consideringthe limited number of visa places currently available in the SRS category andprocessing priorities it is unlikely that your application will be progressedin the 2013-14 program year.

Theoverall number of Priority Group 5 applications processed in the 2013–14program year will ultimately depend on the number of higher priorityapplications received, and other factors, including the size of the MigrationProgram and its composition, and any variation of the Processing Direction. This will mean processing timesmay be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the departmentcannot grant any application until the following program year.

GAGAN4321 - Any inside info updates regarding 176FS ...would really appreciate at this time specially .

Please don't worry as they have a standard response. Right now the elections are going to happen very soon so nothing much happening at Immigration. As per my inside info I still stand by what I said - Cat 5 will be cleared by June 2014-Dec2014.

Rest what comes with the new government and what changes do they make that I am not aware. However, even if the new government comes its a 90% probability they will try to clear the backlog as soon as they can.

Please don't worry as they have a standard response. Right now the elections are going to happen very soon so nothing much happening at Immigration. As per my inside info I still stand by what I said - Cat 5 will be cleared by June 2014-Dec2014.

Rest what comes with the new government and what changes do they make that I am not aware. However, even if the new government comes its a 90% probability they will try to clear the backlog as soon as they can.

happy to see people with fait.. (still beleive in it) over here..... ;):biggrin:

I completely endorse all your views up there..... It's an old tailor made response and DIAC wants to stick to it for now, as they would not risk any commitment with an uncertain government. But the positive thing is, our message is delivered and they fully understand they need to answer.... This would definitely make an impact while deciding SMP for 2013 - 14.

hey all,

i show you friends a light under the dark tunnel.today a officer from immigration department called me about my visa application .i did send an email to immigration minister as some of u done so . he told me that to immi will process maximum number of file of group 5 this year . and we all independent will be process very shortly . i did ask him about allocation table and he told me that after finish my call he will contact that team who will responsible for update the table . so friend forget all self make story , i and all of u r same situation about our future . pray to almighty for good news..

Hi All,

Looks like some positive murmurings at last, does anyone know of any 175's that have been processed in the last couple of months, we are 175 g5 from dec 2008 and still no news, I'm holding off reapplying as a 189 with my wife as the primary applicant (nurse) as I dont want to waste more money and time if I don't need to, I would also like to write a letter to the minister, does anyone have the contact details.

thanks in advance :-)

hey all,

i show you friends a light under the dark tunnel.today a officer from immigration department called me about my visa application .i did send an email to immigration minister as some of u done so . he told me that to immi will process maximum number of file of group 5 this year . and we all independent will be process very shortly . i did ask him about allocation table and he told me that after finish my call he will contact that team who will responsible for update the table . so friend forget all self make story , i and all of u r same situation about our future . pray to almighty for good news..

This IS good news! This means that our effort of writing to them paid off, and those who were discouraging and unhopeful about this, please take note. we can't expect them to give us any clear deadline about our future when they are uncertain about their own future! But at least they know that they owe us a reply and have given one.

We should not be disappointed with the reply because, as others have said, it is a standard reply.

And i have another suggestion, once the new government is in place, let's see what their policy is and we can again write to the new minister requesting him to pay attention to our cases. I am sure it will make a difference. It is just like going to your boss to ask for a raise, there can just be two scenarios: the worst that can happen is that he will say no and you will be still where you are but he may say yes and you will get a raise.

So be positive!

in God's time everything will fall in to place... we will all get the visa we want a long long time ago...

we are in cat5 subclass 475 lodged april, 2008 its been a long 5 yrs of waiting but i still believe that as long as the immigration doesn't return our application we had a cahance of getting the visa.... patience is a virtue ... as they say

thanks for all the info... God bless us all

vicky from the philippines...

hey mann,

i did apply vc 885 august 2011..my friend got visa today he did apply 5 th january 2011. single applicant .bro very soon all application will be allocated . today i got mail from DIAC. They launch a new website to show the allocation table . where we all can see the new update allocation table .. here the summary of it ..

I also would like to acknowledge the feedback you provided to Mr x regarding the lack of recent updates to the GSM allocations information page. The department is currently developing a new public website and this has impacted on our ability to update this information. As indicated by ### allocation information is expected to be made available as soon as practicable once the new site has been launched.

so all friends keep praying to almighty ..

Hi Guys,

Just saw these bit on diac site -

Introduction of Australian Visa Application Centre in Guangzhou

We are pleased to announce the introduction of an Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC) in Guangzhou.

The introduction of the AVAC is part of improvements to service delivery in China and will provide more convenient access to immigration services for clients through greater access to information, extended service hours and streamlined processing.

Does that mean any phone enquiries will go to China? and are they the one will take over those applications that is still pending to be processed.

not sure if this is a good news or not but in the past dealing with Chinese ppl is really really pain....

Diac is really driving me crazy.............

No news for G5 , My app : [TABLE=class: list-table, width: 949]

[TR]

[TD]Sales Representative (Medical and Pharmaceutical Products)[/TD]

[TD=class: special, bgcolor: #FF4517]Special Conditions Apply[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

All stopped for my App , hic

What is this supposed to mean 'Special Conditions Apply', have you gotten any communication from the dept? Also, which visa subclass have you applied for??

I apply 496 offshore , logded 29.08.2007 . That mean Immigration SA is able to offer a limited number of nominations for occupations that appear in red as “Special Conditions Apply” on the State Nominated Occupation List (SNOL ) . PLS see website : https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/snol_data & https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/104 .

I Immi to Adelaide

Archived