New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But when are they going to start 176?! Knowing when things will actually start moving will make the wait easier. But i guess only immi people will be able to tell...

176 should be within 12 mouths, same as 175 with lower priority.

Hi! I'm in 5th category. And I'm waiting near 5 years. 3 weeks ago I recieved a letter from immi.gov.au. They asked me to update 80, 1221 forms and mentiond about

• Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details
  • Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances
  • Form 1436 Adding an additional applicant after lodgement (if eligible)
  • Form 1023 Notification of incorrect answer(s)

Well now i'm married and I have a little baby (9 months old). 5 years ago I paid for application not for dependanse . Now if I want to send Form 1436 I should add information about credit card for payment.

See pic pricing table.jpg

Is it really?? Should I pay for my husband and baby more than 2000$?? Wooow

pricing table.jpg

Hi! I'm in 5th category. And I'm waiting near 5 years. 3 weeks ago I recieved a letter from immi.gov.au. They asked me to update 80, 1221 forms and mentiond about

• Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details

• Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances

• Form 1436 Adding an additional applicant after lodgement (if eligible)

• Form 1023 Notification of incorrect answer(s)

Well now i'm married and I have a little baby (9 months old). 5 years ago I paid for application not for dependanse . Now if I want to send Form 1436 I should add information about credit card for payment.

See pic [ATTACH=CONFIG]20947[/ATTACH]

Is it really?? Should I pay for my husband and baby more than 2000$?? Wooow

PLEASE share ur details... subclass date of application.

Hi all,

I just wanted to share some good news with you as I know how it feels being on hold for unknown period of time. I was there for almost 3.5 years but thankfully I got the golden email 8 months ago.

Anyways, a friend of mine just got CO on Friday Afternoon. He applied on March 2011 and they only asked for Medical and updated AFP. He is from HR country. The subclass of the visa was 885.

I hope this news brings a positive energy and make all of you hopeful....

Thanks

Hi all,

I just wanted to share some good news with you as I know how it feels being on hold for unknown period of time. I was there for almost 3.5 years but thankfully I got the golden email 8 months ago.

Anyways, a friend of mine just got CO on Friday Afternoon. He applied on March 2011 and they only asked for Medical and updated AFP. He is from HR country. The subclass of the visa was 885.

I hope this news brings a positive energy and make all of you hopeful....

Thanks

I AM Subclass 176 applicant applied in August 2008, wait has been more than 5 years, i called immi govt today after been on hold for a very long time, they sais category 5 will take a indefiniete period of time, as the new minister has not given guidance as to when they should be processed. so the wait continues , dont know what to expect, can any of you guys also contact immi and ask them what they have to say, then we could compare the feedbacks which we have got,

I AM Subclass 176 applicant applied in August 2008, wait has been more than 5 years, i called immi govt today after been on hold for a very long time, they sais category 5 will take a indefiniete period of time, as the new minister has not given guidance as to when they should be processed. so the wait continues , dont know what to expect, can any of you guys also contact immi and ask them what they have to say, then we could compare the feedbacks which we have got,

this is no good news even after changed of government.

which mean those that's in group 5 will continue these waiting game that don't know when will end :(

It is too early to expect any announcement to be made concerning Cat 5. Give them sometime...

This is a whole new government, they have just assumed power, they need to first assess the situation before making any announcements. I think it is better that they first study the skilled immigration pattern and situation properly and make policies that are based on some research rather than some minister's whims. and the first thing to grab their attention will be the boat people and onshore, but I am sure they will make up some policy announcement before the end of this year (this is my own analysis based on nothing so don't quote me!).

Give them time to settle in guys, our time will come, God Willing....

It is too early to expect any announcement to be made concerning Cat 5. Give them sometime...

This is a whole new government, they have just assumed power, they need to first assess the situation before making any announcements. I think it is better that they first study the skilled immigration pattern and situation properly and make policies that are based on some research rather than some minister's whims. and the first thing to grab their attention will be the boat people and onshore, but I am sure they will make up some policy announcement before the end of this year (this is my own analysis based on nothing so don't quote me!).

Give them time to settle in guys, our time will come, God Willing....

I gave them 5 years 1 month and 17 days ! :(

I gave them 5 years 1 month and 17 days ! :(

LOLZZ! I have given them 1 week short of 4 years!

I know it sounds really lame that 'give them time' but what can we do, i mean give the new setup some more weeks and then let us write to them like we did a couple of months ago to let them know that we are tired of waiting and desperate. I am just trying to cheer up myself and everyone else!

Please could you help me?

I sent several documents Form 80, 1221 ect by email gsm.documents@immi.gov.au cause I cant attach documents online. I recieved only autoreply e-mail with the following information :

"Updated – 17th September 2013

This mailbox is for use by applicants who have lodged a General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa application that has not been allocated to a visa processing officer. blablabla"

Should they send me normal e-mail somthing like this " Your documents were attached" or how I can check if my documents were loaded or not?

LOLZZ! I have given them 1 week short of 4 years!

I know it sounds really lame that 'give them time' but what can we do, i mean give the new setup some more weeks and then let us write to them like we did a couple of months ago to let them know that we are tired of waiting and desperate. I am just trying to cheer up myself and everyone else!

aRSHAD, I agree , we should give them time upto December , my gut feeling says that something might happen in december , before christmas at least , be coz they cant keep people waiting forever , i am being positive as there is very little we can do at this moment, our lives have been in a limbo for so long

aRSHAD, I agree , we should give them time upto December , my gut feeling says that something might happen in december , before christmas at least , be coz they cant keep people waiting forever , i am being positive as there is very little we can do at this moment, our lives have been in a limbo for so long

One of my friends have applied under Subclass 176 category, he had called immi today, they have said the following to him quote They said in all likelyhood that under that category they may seek new applications unquote, i dont know it means , does it mean capping all subclass 176 visas to be processed or doesnt it mean that they will ask for fresh form 80 etc, like they have done for some applicants under subclass 175, y request to all subclass 176 out there is to call immi and ask them what they intend do with us

One of my friends have applied under Subclass 176 category, he had called immi today, they have said the following to him quote They said in all likelyhood that under that category they may seek new applications unquote, i dont know it means , does it mean capping all subclass 176 visas to be processed or doesnt it mean that they will ask for fresh form 80 etc, like they have done for some applicants under subclass 175, y request to all subclass 176 out there is to call immi and ask them what they intend do with us

anyone agree with jallis (on page 942) what he says...is true???

Dude,

You have every right to be suspicious about what I'm saying here. However believe it or not, its the truth. You don't see me commenting any where in this forum much and I cant figure out what's the point of lying here about someone got a CO.

Anyway.... I hope you guys get what you deserve and been waiting for a long time after all.

C ya

This is the most chilling post i have ever come across in this thread... I hope they don't mean 'new applications'!

This is the most chilling post i have ever come across in this thread... I hope they dowhyn't mean 'new applications'!

I dont understand why this guy didnt ask for a ckear information.... anyone else in 176 call them again ??

PLEAZE NEED I HELP!!!!!!!!!! can any 1 tell me until what date we could apply 885 visa online without ielts like I applied in june 2011 without ielts and later on I gave them ielts with 6 in each and havnot got CO yet m bit confuse till what date we were eligible to apply without ielts

thanks a lot

PLEAZE NEED I HELP!!!!!!!!!! can any 1 tell me until what date we could apply 885 visa online without ielts like I applied in june 2011 without ielts and later on I gave them ielts with 6 in each and havnot got CO yet m bit confuse till what date we were eligible to apply without ielts

thanks a lot

hi MM, from what I was been advised by the Immi officer before I put in my applications, all required documents need to be attached together with your submitted application.

and I asked him what if I'm missing some of the required documents? but will submit bit later after I put in my application, the official told me that they would NOT entertain applications that missing those required documents.

In my case I was waiting my ielts result, and they advised me to wait till I got my result that attached it together with my application.

Archived