Shipping Cost from Top 8 Companies (Hope it helps)

Guest gem and si

Hi gem and si,

Thank you for starting such a great thread, lots of excellent info on it. Could you let me know please whether or not each removal company actually gave you an inventory of all the items and boxes included in the cubic ft when they sent you the quote? I had a company in the other day and we haven't got half the amount of stuff you have on your list and they've quoted me sole use of a 20ft container with 720 cubic ft at £3580. I'm a bit concerned as we're in a rented flat which has items of ours and our lanlords in it so I want to make sure they haven't included anything they shouldn't have. The inventory I have from this company just says "household goods" - is this what you had? Your thoughts and experience would be most appreciated please :biggrin:.

When you off to Oz and have the company you chosen been in to pack yet?

Thank you very much

Hev x

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jacqui70

Ok over the last week I have had 3 companies out to estimates and have another who did online quote and have one more visit on Monday, this is for a move from Scotland to Melbourne.

I had a list of items written down so each company had same list of items to do their quote.

PSS 20ft container (?cubic ft) £4504 online quote

830cubic ft (?groupage) £4245

Pickfords 20ft container (795cubic ft) £3920

(when rep came to home quoted 813 cubic ft???)

Crown 20ft container (731 cubic ft) £4492

groupage £3785

John Masons 20ft container (700ft) £4375

Now I am completely confused........Phone calls will be in order come Monday to clarify a few issues as well as last visit from Anglo pacific on Monday.

I am leaning toward Pickford and Crown because of the fact that they have offices in Melbourne and therfore a point of contact if things go wrong, plus very impresed with knowledge of Crown rep....

Will keep you up to date as haggling will now commence also as this was one of my questions to them all was would they price match...lol:jiggy:

Jacqui

only 6 weeks till I'm home...:biggrin:

we are are also from hartlepool heading for caloundra,near brisbane,where are you heading

Hi Natamy, we are also heading for somewhere near Brisbane as the son and his family hope to be moving from Cairns to Brisbane in the next few months. They have mentioned Caloundra as a place they they could possibly settle. Do you have family there? Are you able to let me know anything about the area, eg housing for older people as we are both retired. Have you received any removal prices yet.

Regards

David

I have had my quotes in they all stated sole use of a 20ft container (price includes three wooden crates for Plasma TV, picture and glass desk) from UK to Secret Harbour WA, they are as follows:

Anglo Pacific - £4930

Britannia - £5350 (waiting on a revised quote as they were the most expensive)

PSS - £4576

John Mason - £4360

Pickfords - £4140

Doree Bonner - still waiting..........................

Britannia never offered any crating just export wrap (all the others did) which I found a bit off-putting!! I have informed Anglo Pacific of other quotes and I am waiting on their response!! Hope this helps someone ??

Guest antipope
I have had my quotes in they all stated sole use of a 20ft container (price includes three wooden crates for Plasma TV, picture and glass desk) from UK to Secret Harbour WA, they are as follows:

Anglo Pacific - £4930

Britannia - £5350 (waiting on a revised quote as they were the most expensive)

PSS - £4576

Pickfords - £4140

Doree Bonner - still waiting..........................

Britannia never offered any crating just export wrap (all the others did) which I found a bit off-putting!! I have informed Anglo Pacific of other quotes and I am waiting on their response!! Hope this helps someone ??

The pickfords quote seems very good. We managed to get crown down to £4150 inc aqis fees (around £270) for sole use 20' container uk to perth but this didn't include any special packing boxes. All the companies (crown, john masons, pss and pickfords) managed to come down considerably and were all within £100 of each other by the end of price matching but went with crown due to the fact that all fees at both ends were sorted by them and it was one less thing to think about when we get there.

The pickfords quote seems very good. We managed to get crown down to £4150 inc aqis fees (around £270) for sole use 20' container uk to perth but this didn't include any special packing boxes. All the companies (crown, john masons, pss and pickfords) managed to come down considerably and were all within £100 of each other by the end of price matching but went with crown due to the fact that all fees at both ends were sorted by them and it was one less thing to think about when we get there.

I thought that too, Pickfords is a good quote and including the crates (I have checked twice with them that they were included to be sure ha! ha!) was even better. It does not include the AQIS fees however but it is a mere $400 ish (so not too worried) and I like the continuity of it being Pickfords at the other end aswell!!! I have even received a welcome letter from Allied Pickfords in Oz already and I haven't even chosen them yet? So very impressed so far with the rep and the move co-ordinator also, I hope if we do choose them the level of service remains the same!

P.S. Are you off to Wa too???

Guest antipope
I thought that too, Pickfords is a good quote and including the crates (I have checked twice with them that they were included to be sure ha! ha!) was even better. It does not include the AQIS fees however but it is a mere $400 ish (so not too worried) and I like the continuity of it being Pickfords at the other end aswell!!! I have even received a welcome letter from Allied Pickfords in Oz already and I haven't even chosen them yet? So very impressed so far with the rep and the move co-ordinator also, I hope if we do choose them the level of service remains the same!

One of the reasons we went with crown was that it was crown in australia as well, same as you their australian office were in touch well before I decided to go with them. crown were also the most proactive of the companies and rang me regularly to ask how things were going, which was good.

Yes we are hoping to fly out mid september and hoping to settle around the rockingham area so not too far from secret harbour, house sale almost completed now and we've spent the last week sorting out and cleaning everything for the shipping which is provisionally booked for 25th and 26th of this month.

One of the reasons we went with crown was that it was crown in australia as well, same as you their australian office were in touch well before I decided to go with them. crown were also the most proactive of the companies and rang me regularly to ask how things were going, which was good.

Yes we are hoping to fly out mid september and hoping to settle around the rockingham area so not too far from secret harbour, house sale almost completed now and we've spent the last week sorting out and cleaning everything for the shipping which is provisionally booked for 25th and 26th of this month.

Lucky you managing to sell your house!!! We are having to rent! W e are planning on going the first week in October all being well, after three years of one thing and another we may just finally get there. Good luck with your move hope it all goes smoothly for you!!

Guest gem and si

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know the house has finally been packed up by John Masons...let’s say it was an eventful day!

I am awaiting a reply from Senior Directors of John Masons before I post what happened to see if they do the honourable thing of trying to make an offer to compensate our inconvenience.

I will be updating everyone soon!

All the best everyone!

Si and Gem

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know the house has finally been packed up by John Masons...let’s say it was an eventful day!

I am awaiting a reply from Senior Directors of John Masons before I post what happened to see if they do the honourable thing of trying to make an offer to compensate our inconvenience.

I will be updating everyone soon!

All the best everyone!

Si and Gem

Hi Si and Gem,

I'm keen to hear what happened. I've got JM coming to give me a quote in a weeks time. Can you PM me what happened if you don't hear back from the directors before then please?

Many thanks hev x

Guest gem and si

Hi Everyone,

just to let you know John Masons called back and rectified the problem straight away so everything turned out perfect. The guys came in at 9am and worked like Trojans all day. There packing was excellent and was amazed at how well it all went in the end. We had a issue with part of our removal but senior management called me that evening as promised and sorted it straight away.

So far I am extremely pleased with my choice as they have been great from the day the estimator came out and right up to being packed!

I will let you about all my belongings when we unpack the other side!

All the best everyone!

Si and gem

Guest karlnchris

pickfords just quoted 3960 ponnds .seven more companies to go .lets see how much they want my money

Guest antipope

Just looking at insuring my goods and wondered how much to insure it for? My shipping company have quoted an amount worked out from the size of the container of £51,000. Obviously this will work out to be a large premium. Can you just get insured for, say, £10,000 for your major items to be replaced if anything goes wrong?

Guest jacqui70

Qucik update

I have narrowed shipping companies down to Crown and Anglopacific. Both quoted approx 710-720 cubic feet. Anglo £3500 guarantee delivery October (already located a container in Scotland leaving mid August) Crown £3800. crown have asked me to wait till Monday so they can check and get me a more accurate time span for delivery. Crown quote includes AQUIS Anglo doesn't. I still think they could both bring their quotes down as they have hinted this. Like the thought that crown have office in Melbourne where Anglo don't....

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Getting a little twitchy now as I leave with 2 wee ones 4 weeks today and would like furniture etc packed up and on its way.

I am not after quotes for moving yet, as I have to sell our house first, and its looking likely that we will have to have a holiday later in the year to validate our Visa's. I was thinking of opening a NAB bank account on line and transferring some money into it so we could use it while over on holiday.

The bank account looks easy to set up but does anyone know the best way to transfer some spending money into it for the best exchange rate and with low charges.

David

I am not after quotes for moving yet, as I have to sell our house first, and its looking likely that we will have to have a holiday later in the year to validate our Visa's. I was thinking of opening a NAB bank account on line and transferring some money into it so we could use it while over on holiday.

The bank account looks easy to set up but does anyone know the best way to transfer some spending money into it for the best exchange rate and with low charges.

David

Try The FX Firm.

We use them regularly and not only do they offer a good esxchange rate, much better than the banks but there are no charges for the transaction.

Furthermore, the rate is fixed on the day order placed, even though the money transfer from your bank account to theirs does not hit for three days.

John

David

You may be better off shipping (:wink:) this question over to the:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/money-finance/

thread David or search our CPV thread where it comes up every month. :yes:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/77756-brand-new-pio-parents-visa-thread-296.html#post1139526

nice to hear from you again.

Les

Guest antipope

Well, that's it now, no turning back. Crown came and packed the container monday and tuesday and our stuff is now on it's way to perth. The packers did a great job with our stuff and managed to tightly squeeze all our belongings onto a 20' container. If anyone is considering using Crown (mine was the Leeds office) then you can rest easy as the process went as smoothly as possible. New house owner turned up to collect the keys to my home just as they were leaving! Flights now booked for 14th September, it's party time now!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest karlnchris

Hi we are just looking at all our quotes for a 20ft container, surprised at expense in relation to previous posts. Would be interested in your quote as we live in North Yorkshire, also one company want to charge us for cleaning of container if it arises at cost of 650 dollars, have you heard anything about that.

Thanks

Archived