Shipping Cost from Top 8 Companies (Hope it helps)

Guest gem and si

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gem and si
Hi, keep seeing some really helpful quotes on this thread but have a question. Are these prices for transport including the firm packing it all up or is this packing yourself? Thanks alot.

Hi,

The prices I quoted included the removal company packing everything themselves :biggrin:

Cheers

Si

I've heard 8Wks plus... i'm just about to embark on this ... have many people had quotes less than £1000... I have hardly anything to ship but my company have given me an allowance so definately going to ship something over but would probably only need a bedrooms worth (I know its rough) of stuff....

Guest MissBehaving
anybody know how long it takes to ship furniture out

As far as I know it depends on where, when and how much you have to ship.

If you are sharing a container it usually takes longer as they wait to have 'the other half full' before they send it... (unless of course you are the 'other half!!')

Also - I was told that our summer months are the busiest times so they tend to move quicker than if it was our winter.

I understand on average it is about 6 weeks (sometimes shorter, sometimes longer!)

Guest matthew from Essex

Thanks for these info, great help. We are going early next year to Adelaide and need to get the cheapest company to ship our stuff. Are this quotes includes insurance or do I need to get it separate?Many thanks.

Guest gem and si
Thanks for these info, great help. We are going early next year to Adelaide and need to get the cheapest company to ship our stuff. Are this quotes includes insurance or do I need to get it separate?Many thanks.

Hi Matthew,

The quotes I received did not include insurance as I found you can get a better quote with a independant company...The removal companies charge you between 2.95-3.00% of the total value of your goods!

Cheers

Si:biggrin:

Guest tyftina

Hi Si, we'll move to Sydney in the middle of June from London. Could you PM how you managed to negociate with the companies please? Your post is very helpful! Thank you so much!

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would do my little bit by posting some information on this site regarding shipping costs ets....I have got so much information from POI...I thought it was time to see if I can help others in return.

I looked long and hard into shipping as it can be a considerable cost. I decided to get the following company's out to quote my removals:

Pickfords =£4000.00

PSS International =£2860.00

White & Company =£2685.00

Excess International =£2877.00

John Mason =£ 2650.00

Doree Boner =£2613.00

Crown Relocation =£3779.00

Anglo Pacific =£3999.00

I used the same speech for every company that came round to quote as I wanted the best overall quote and estimate on cubic feet. I specified that I would flat pack as much of my furniture as possible as this can save you tens if not hundreds of cubic feet in your removals.

My first quote was from Pickfords who decided that I would need sole use of a 20ft container and that it would cost me 4k....I was a little surprised at first as i thought in my own mind that we would only need part, due to the fact we had no fridge or freezer and our main bedroom wardrobes were built in. I was in fact glad on the next quote that I had other companies to price, as PSS said I was only part container at 597 cubic feet.....This excercise went on for the next two weeks...as you can see from above list the cost varies a little and most companies were close on cubic feet except for Anglo Pacific & Pickfords.

As a note 5 of the companies came in at 592 - 620 cubic feet of each other!!!!

I decided to get the closest 4 to re-evaluate there costs to see if I could lower the price...three of them did...inbox me for details on those and prices...I can also send you an inventory of exactly what we are sending so you can gauge a price on your own belongings.

I hope this is of use to anyone seeking removals!...if you require any further information drop me a line!

All the best!

Si:biggrin:

Hi, we are at the stage of getting quotes and interestingly mananged to get pickfords down to the lowest price! £2969. I would be most grateful if you could send over a copy of your items, that would be really helpful? PM me!!

Thanks in advance

Guest guest33730
Hi, we are at the stage of getting quotes and interestingly mananged to get pickfords down to the lowest price! £2969. I would be most grateful if you could send over a copy of your items, that would be really helpful? PM me!!

Thanks in advance

The list is on the last post on the first page of this thread.

Daniel

The list is on the last post on the first page of this thread.

Daniel

Cheers, just saw that after I typed!! LOL! I have one question, you don't have to go with the insurance company that they removals firm uses do you?

Guest MissBehaving

Thanks in advance

Hi Fluxsta

Out of interest, how many cubic feet are you shipping over? We have started the process of getting quotes and were quite horrified by the first one that came around - 650 cubic = £4000 (shared container).:no:

Thanks

MB

Hi Fluxsta

Out of interest, how many cubic feet are you shipping over? We have started the process of getting quotes and were quite horrified by the first one that came around - 650 cubic = £4000 (shared container).:no:

Thanks

MB

Hiya,

They have quoted us at 700 cu feet. Just play them off against each other and see who wants the business!Ours is shared container, £4000 seems crazy! We were quoted full container at around £3200......

Cheers

Hi Fluxsta

Thanks

MB

Sounds dear to me.

John Mason & PPS quoted us £4000 for sole use of full 20ft container, Colchester to Brisbane, Crown (1050 cu ft) and Pickfords (1400 cu ft) wanted £5000 for same furniture. All plus insurance and Aqis (Crown included Aqis).

Guest MissBehaving

We are going from Kent to Mackay so I understand that there will be a bit added for the drive from Brisbane to Mackay - but I didnt think it would be ssssssssooooooooo much! Bit shellshocked really.

Guest boxtobox

If it's any use - Manchester to Perth, full container (1000 c/ft) £3600. You need to haggle like mad though. The company we are using initially quoted between £3800 and £4200 for 800 c/ft. Stick to your guns and just tell them that it is your price, and stick to it.

It has appeared to be a bit of a cartel, all the shippers apparently meet on a regular basis to 'agree' a pricing structure so to get any significant saving you need to negotiate hard.

We are going from Kent to Mackay so I understand that there will be a bit added for the drive from Brisbane to Mackay - but I didnt think it would be ssssssssooooooooo much! Bit shellshocked really.

Brisbane to Mackay is your answer!!

A bit added for the drive. :biglaugh:

"From Brisbane to Mackay by road is a distance of 950km. It would take twelve hours of non-stop driving to travel this distance. It would be just a bit too far to drive in one day, unless the driving was shared."

I was shellshocked too when I saw how far you are going. :shocked:

Our quote is for a 30 mile radius of the port of Brisbane. :wubclub:

Hi Si,

Thought I'd let you know how I got on. Had 6 companies from yr list out and the range in cubic footage was within 300 cubic feet of each other but infortunately on either side of a 20ft container. I emailed the 3 I liked under a 20 ft container and 2 agreed that if what was on the inventory did not fit in a 20ft container they would ship the rest free of charge. I then got them all to agree a base rate of 2.5% marine insurance and have now emailed them each others quotes (told them I was doing this at the start) and asked them for the best price by Monday morning so we shall see. Interestingly, the one that was the highest that I didn't contact, just emailed me taking £1000 of his quote. Think I will email him the others' prices.

My cheapest quotes are from Anglo Pacific, John Mason and Crown. Any experience anyone has had of them would be gratefully received.

Elizabeth x

Hi Si,

Thought I'd let you know how I got on. Had 6 companies from yr list out and the range in cubic footage was within 300 cubic feet of each other but infortunately on either side of a 20ft container. I emailed the 3 I liked under a 20 ft container and 2 agreed that if what was on the inventory did not fit in a 20ft container they would ship the rest free of charge. I then got them all to agree a base rate of 2.5% marine insurance and have now emailed them each others quotes (told them I was doing this at the start) and asked them for the best price by Monday morning so we shall see. Interestingly, the one that was the highest that I didn't contact, just emailed me taking £1000 of his quote. Think I will email him the others' prices.

My cheapest quotes are from Anglo Pacific, John Mason and Crown. Any experience anyone has had of them would be gratefully received.

Elizabeth x

Hi there,

God luck with it all. I would be really interested in who said they would ship the extra from your inventory for free? We are going to go with one who is a little more expensive but has better feedback from people. They only state a price for thei nventory. Whereas the other company has set the quote based on 700 cubic feet, and I am a little worried that if we take the cheaper one then they will add on money if it ends up being over 700 cubic feet? PM who it is if you don't wish to disclose

many thanks

p.s. great idea sending them the quotes from each other! 3rd person facilitator, I like it!!

Hi there,

God luck with it all. I would be really interested in who said they would ship the extra from your inventory for free? We are going to go with one who is a little more expensive but has better feedback from people. They only state a price for thei nventory. Whereas the other company has set the quote based on 700 cubic feet, and I am a little worried that if we take the cheaper one then they will add on money if it ends up being over 700 cubic feet? PM who it is if you don't wish to disclose

many thanks

p.s. great idea sending them the quotes from each other! 3rd person facilitator, I like it!!

Hi Fluxsta,

I told all companies I would not only reveal their quotes to each other but share ALL details on this forum! Both John Mason and Anglo Pacific have agreed that they will pack what is on the inventory and if it doesn't fit then they will send it free as that is what their surveyor quoted. Am hoping Crown will do the same as I like the idea of the same company handling the move both ends.

I have just had Doree Bonner come back and say that don't believe any company will ship the rest free, that I'll get a call on the day saying the truck broke down and I'll end up with stuff in groupage meaning it will take longer. They also agreed to price match whatever the final quote of JM and AP were. They slated Crown. While unprofessional it is a good heads up and I will get in in writing that if on the day the truck breaks down another one will be sent the next day to ensure this does not happen. Wish me luck!:err:

Guest donnie

Hi im irish and have got one quote on 20ft container originally to include car for 3500 euros. I havent got the name of company here with me but if anyone wants it ill get it. Have decided now not to take container just gonna ship few large boxes now with kids toys and clothes, books,dvds and framed pictures. It costs 315 for 3 large boxes approx 65*45*40cm just to give you a guideline.

Hi Fluxsta,

I told all companies I would not only reveal their quotes to each other but share ALL details on this forum! Both John Mason and Anglo Pacific have agreed that they will pack what is on the inventory and if it doesn't fit then they will send it free as that is what their surveyor quoted. Am hoping Crown will do the same as I like the idea of the same company handling the move both ends.

I have just had Doree Bonner come back and say that don't believe any company will ship the rest free, that I'll get a call on the day saying the truck broke down and I'll end up with stuff in groupage meaning it will take longer. They also agreed to price match whatever the final quote of JM and AP were. They slated Crown. While unprofessional it is a good heads up and I will get in in writing that if on the day the truck breaks down another one will be sent the next day to ensure this does not happen. Wish me luck!:err:

Blimey that is cut throat from them!! fair play to you, and thank you for the heads up as well.We had elected for Pickfords but the chase for cheapest quote is back on!! ;-)

Cheers!! Good luck

Archived