Cigarettes costs

twinkletoes35

hello all

Now I love my other half very much, but he has one fault, he smokes :arghh:

Can anyone give me any ideas regarding cost/brands of cigarettes at home he smokes mayfair kingsize (dark blue)

Also where is the best place to buy, supermarket etc

any help much appreciated

TT xx :biggrin:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

We smoke and are hoping to give up soon.

We smoke Longbeach Blue. We get them from supermarket and they are about $12 for 20 or $18 for 30. They are similar to Lamberts.

My OH also gets Superkings red and they are $10 for 20.

Very expensive habit. x

Guest JT1977

Also, do not take more than 200 per person over from the Duty Free! I didn't realise there was a 200 limit and went through with 650, 400 for me and 250 as a little gift to the missus. When going through immigration, I admitted to having more than 200 and expected to pay the tax on the excess, but nope, if you're over the limit, you pay tax on ALL cigs. That hit my wallet for about $260, over quarter of my spending money gone in a oner!

My hubby smokes and has just switched to rolling tobacco as it's cheaper... he was smoking winfield 25s gold which were around $18.50 for 25.... he now smokes winfield gold bacca and a 50 g pouch costs $32 from the super IGA in Port Kennedy (at the petrol station it's $36). But a pouch lasts him a week whereas he was buying maybe 4 or 5 packets of fags a week so it was nearly $100 a week so whilst I'd like it if he could quit fags altogether at least he has more than halved what he was spending....

hello all

Now I love my other half very much, but he has one fault, he smokes :arghh:

Can anyone give me any ideas regarding cost/brands of cigarettes at home he smokes mayfair kingsize (dark blue)

Also where is the best place to buy, supermarket etc

any help much appreciated

TT xx :biggrin:

TT, if you loved your OH that much you would be encouraging him/her to stop smoking .....and for anyone coming over here thinking they will stop smoking when you get here i would forget that.....as its harder to stop here as your outside the house a lot more , probs drink more too........and i would say they are cheaper in Oz .....also you get 40 in a box.......NO SMOKING on beaches .......plus its a dying habit ..........:policeman:yes im an x smoker and deep down most smokers do want to give up...........i did enjoy smoking but now wish i never did and wonder why i ever smoked ..............

i had a woman come out of her way to tell me " ugh smoking a filthy habit " she had to walk further to tell me that , she had wine and beer from the off licence and i said " ugh alcahol terrible habit does untold damage and walked off " intresting that she felt it was her right to do that , maybe i should go into the pub and say " your going to end up with kidney probelms , or go to the beach and say " skin cancer " or see some one eating a hot dog and say " cholestrol problems will be your friend soon ", if i didn this i think id be taking my life into my own hands , yet people think its their god given right to come up to me , they dont know me and comment

I never used to smoke much in the UK but was horrified at the price of ciggies and tobacco so gave up and it was pretty easy this time. Good news is that smoking pills/gum etc is much cheaper than the Uk so it pays to give up. A mate bought 50g pouch of Drum rollign tobacco for $30 last week.

make a new start and give up. it will save a fortune

Hi

We smoke and are hoping to give up soon.

We smoke Longbeach Blue. We get them from supermarket and they are about $12 for 20 or $18 for 30. They are similar to Lamberts.

My OH also gets Superkings red and they are $10 for 20.

Very expensive habit. x

:biglaugh: hoping to give up soon.......bet youve been saying that for yrs like i did .......just pack em in now if your going to do it..........:policeman:

:biglaugh: hoping to give up soon.......bet youve been saying that for yrs like i did .......just pack em in now if your going to do it..........:policeman:

Yes we have and I have tried many times before.:cry: I dont enjoy them anymore and think I can do it this time. :yes:

xx

Guest plumbobs

Go to Bali, like Benidorm for Aussies, apparently a carton of 200 dunhill is $20, so if you know someone whos heading that way put your order in.

Yes we have and I have tried many times before.:cry: I dont enjoy them anymore and think I can do it this time. :yes:

xx

Well done Thorpes ......keep telling yourself that ..........and also the craving stays with you but it does get easier.........4 yrs for me now.........:wink:

Go to Bali, like Benidorm for Aussies, apparently a carton of 200 dunhill is $20, so if you know someone whos heading that way put your order in.

dont be fooled by this ......they arnt the real deal and are full off even more toxins .....most people are ill just by eating the food in Bali so just imagine the damage you are doing inside smoking Bali ciggies.............:nah:

Singapore airport they're $20. Also, I actually enjoy smoking. In fact, I actually love it! Lol

well done......will you post the same words every 5yrs if you make it ............i know of hundred s of 40 odd yr olds that have ended up on ,my mums ward , they were so young and scared , they never thought it would happen to them , they cried and died ........how sad they only lived half a life time ...............but you keep posting pal , show us your still breathing ........:no:....as it wont happen to you will it.......

Guest JT1977

Hey, I'm fully aware of the health problems that I am going to cause myself, that's life. But I do tend to equate the ex-smoking Hitlers with the saying "misery loves company"!

Hey, I'm fully aware of the health problems that I am going to cause myself, that's life. But I do tend to equate the ex-smoking Hitlers with the saying "misery loves company"!

then you carry on pal ............scientific labs will always need bodies to work on.......

Guest JT1977

I'm sure that you do many things in your life that cause health problems, driving, eating red meat, drinking, going out in the sun, etc.

If you want to quit and haven't already tried it I can thouroughly recommend Allen Carr's Stop Smoking book - I used to smoke 40-50 a day at my worst, brought the book, read it (whilst smoking as much as I wanted) and haven't touched a ciggie since (about 4 years ago now). I won't lie - a couple of times I have wanted one, sometimes more than others, but I've never actually had one (even been offered at low points sometimes and resisted).

My OH used it too, and apparently he found it a LOT harder than me, but still successfully gave up using it after I had smoked for about 15 years and him about 20.

I know it won't work for everyone, but its not a very expensive book, you could even get it from the library and what have you to loose apart from a few hours reading it? Good luck if you want to quit :)

Guest JT1977
ohhhh yes they will.............:yes:...

No, they won't. Cremation puts a stop to that. As does instructions left with solicitors and family.

If you won't quit for your self, do it for your family.

Do you really want your kids to grow up as smokers ? There is a lot more chance they will smoke if you do.

Do you want them to see you get emphysema or lung cancer and go through the emotional turmoil of it all.

It really is a totally selfish thing which you don't need to do.

Archived