Cigarettes costs

twinkletoes35

Guest JT1977
OK Guys i have tidied up the last few pages of this thread to give it a chance.

Can we discuss things properly please without getting personal.

Cal x

Sorry!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest37336

I think it was Gill who bought the subject up about smoking in Australia etc, and it 'may' affect how much we smoke.

I know for sure that my nicotine intake doubles at least. As a mad keen fisherman the amount of time I have to wait for my next bloody fish I have nothing better to do than drink tea and have a smoke.

Now if only the fish would bite more then my ciggy intake would decrease, well, that's my excuse for smoking too much anyway,:embarrassed::biglaugh:.

Cheers Tony.

Guest siamsusie
Shag? I haven't had one of them for ages :twitcy:

:wink::laugh: ... now I mustnt take my Dad's name in vain:swoon:

Guest guest30038
Hi JT.

I see you are a pipe smoker my friend. I have often thought about a pipe, all the flavoured tobacco often amazes me. Used to have a mate who would try different flavours every week, I think he may have found one he likes at long last, (after about five years,:biglaugh:).

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Used to smoke a pipe Tony. Got on it 'cause I loved the smell. I tried everything but when you're smoking it, you don't smell it :cry:

When I first met Bridget, I got her plssed one lunch time and walked into our local tobacconist to buy some Aromatic Sh*g. Bridget pushed in front of me and asked for an ounce of "smelly legover" ....................I kid you not! She was a nutter back then..............come to think of it..............she still is :biglaugh:

Reading through this this morning, I commend Tony for his honesty.

He seems to be the only person who has said here "I know smoking is bad for me, but I choose to do it anyway"

Everyone else seems to be in denial or starts talking about Alcohol, Junk Food or other things which are totally irrelevant.

Hi SS

oh buys 100 pack a week costs just under £30.

just checked a website 200 bensons will cost you £62.65

Funny thing the oh has read all the posts on here, got him so wound up he's gone outside for a smoke

thanks for all those who have responded with how much they are paying, if anyone else would like to share how much they are paying for ciggies it would be appreciated

TT xx

Guest JT1977

Parleycross, you will find that smokers are not in denial. You say that talking about other things is irrelevant, not really, not when pointing out hypocrisy in the anti-smokers.

Guest siamsusie
Hi SS

oh buys 100 pack a week costs just under £30.

just checked a website 200 bensons will cost you £62.65

Funny thing the oh has read all the posts on here, got him so wound up he's gone outside for a smoke

thanks for all those who have responded with how much they are paying, if anyone else would like to share how much they are paying for ciggies it would be appreciated

TT xx

Hi twinkletoes,

I have had to wade through 100 and something posts to get the facts:mad::laugh:...

I will leave you a coded message if I get any further information:twitcy:.

Happy Easter:wubclub:

Susie xx

Guest guest30038

He seems to be the only person who has said here "I know smoking is bad for me, but I choose to do it anyway"

Everyone else seems to be in denial or starts talking about Alcohol, Junk Food or other things which are totally irrelevant.

Well I for one am not in denial. I know for sure that it's bad for me. I also know that it's good for me in relation to relaxing me. My attitude is quite simply that the end result of smoking, at this stage in my life, is of no concern, whereas my current quality of life is. I'm prepared to bet that the implications of heriditary narrowng of the arteries (both my parents died young (ish) will get me before the smoking does.

Guest siamsusie

No one is in denial Parley Cross, some of the greatest culprits are the medical profession:embarrassed:!

We have the freedom of choice, to smoke or not to smoke. A smoker's venue is being diminished vastly which is fair enough, no argument !

If someone wishes to smoke on MY property it is my right to say Yes or No!

Anyone that is a guest on MY property has therefore no rights to dish out the rules whether it be eating habits, smoking, drinking or otherwise.

What people do in their own homes is their own business, therefore if I wish to walk naked, swigging from a bottle of Vodka, with a fag drooping from my mouth, having menage a tois or quatre I have every right to do so on MY property.

There are far too many people out there with an opinion on how people should lead their lives , I love to accomodate most, but I draw a line when I am told by inconsequential people how to live my life.

Susie

Well said Susie xxxx

My house,my rules except Susie I don't swig straight from the bottle I use a straw...lol...

While we both smoke we have not smoked in our houses for last 10 years or so.We respect that most people we know do not smoke so we do not force our guest to inhale our second hand smoke.

Yes of course I know what it is doing to my health,while I have tried to give up in the past I am not ready to try again yet.What I have done though is cut it down to 10-15 a day.

Guest guest30038
Yes Susie. It is absolutely your choice to make.

However those who care about you may be concerned about your health. And it will impact them as well as you if you end up with serious health outcomes.

Sky diving, climbing mountains, joining the armed forces, even crossing a road could result in serious health outcomes. Are those who care about us to be taken into consideration before we embark on such ventures?

Guest siamsusie
Yes Susie. It is absolutely your choice to make.

However those who care about you may be concerned about your health. And it will impact them as well as you if you end up with serious health outcomes.

I have never actually said whether I was a 100% tobacco smoker or not.. for me thats irrelevant !

Smoking a bong with herbal molasses which is entirely tobacco free with a variety of flavours could be my little tipple.:biggrin: with a bit of added Tasmanian forestation.:biggrin:

Personally if someone lights up in my presence PC, I have no right to lecture them, they know the health issues themselves.

I do however have the right to ask them to refrain from smoking on my property if I so wish.

Susie x

Guest chris955

Yes I agree totally, all this 'I could fall off a ladder' or 'get trampled by elephants' is just a cop out.

Guest siamsusie
Susie, are you saying its ok to partake of illegal drugs in your own home if you wish.

Does that include hard drugs too.

I'm not trying to lecture you. Just having a discussion.

We do not partake in hard drugs in our home Parley Cross!

We are legally abiding citizens (in my case pr'ers):biggrin:

What goes in Holland stays there, this is another country with its own set of rules and to be respected:wink:

Smoking a melon bong is quite acceptable.

However, I am a great advocate of a few natural substances as analgesics but thats another story.

Susie x

Guest guest36762

well I've just read through all the posts in this thread (yes I was THAT bored), and have to say well done to all you smokers. I am now convinced that smoking isn't bad for you. It saves lives. It alleviates anxiety and depression. It plows in way more tax revenue than the drain on resources caused by smoking related illness. It's even justifiable after a bypass!

I've heard it said on here that certain members of PIO could argue that black is white, well now I know for sure there are!

:notworthy:

WAKE UP!!:arghh:

harpoon ive done the same too.........and tbh im bored of the smoking now.......you cant win when it comes to smokers.............smoke more its good for you ,dont cut down chain smoke ,its cool,blame your wrinkles on the tar not the sun, you too can look like a crinkle cut crisp and be what ever flavour you want to be ,cherry or vanilla your choice.........smoking is good for you ....smoke in the library , the pub , train,bus,hospital wards in fact smoke where ever you want ...is this what you want to hear smokers ,give babies toy ciggies so they cant start early.............im sure if i was spouting out like this and not trying to help i would get more s***.............so im sure i can handle a dying breed of smokers .....Carry on Smoking ..............OUT SOON staring the cast of Pomsinoz smoking brigade ...............:biglaugh:.......

Guest guest30038
It's even justifiable after a bypass!

I've heard it said on here that certain members of PIO could argue that black is white, well now I know for sure there are!

Who said it was justifiable? A simplistic response which fully illustrates how some would justify their opinion/choices, by way of (very poorly) attempting to ridicule another person's freedom of choice.

How about spending some time on a beach preaching to sun lovers about the risk of melanoma or are you too busy peurilely blogging? :goofy:

Guest guest36762
Who said it was justifiable? A simplistic response which fully illustrates how some would justify their opinion/choices, by way of (very poorly) attempting to ridicule another person's freedom of choice.

How about spending some time on a beach preaching to sun lovers about the risk of melanoma or are you too busy peurilely blogging? :goofy:

you don't enjoy my blogs then?.......:cry:

Guest JT1977

Wow! Some people don't seem to appreciate a tongue in cheek remark about how going for a smoke saved my life! And, to those giving it "but it's selfish to smoke, your family will see you die a slow death!", like I have said before, do you level the same criticism as openly towards the overweight?

Why is it so hard to understand that there are those of us who quite simply enjoy smoking? Why do you feel the need to constantly lecture? Are you really THAT bored and unhappy with your own lives that you feel the need to poke your nose into others business?

As for the anti-smoking brigade who used to smoke themselves, sorry, but I see severe hypocrisy there, because for years, you yourselves would have got irate at others trying to lecture. You quit smoking, good for you, now stop having a holier than thou attitude. When I quit smoking for a couple of years, not once did I lecture others, the only thing I wanted was that smokers didn't smoke around me, not a hard request, I certainly didn't turn into the stereotypical ex-smoker, which I see as having the zealousness of the born again Christian.

And Harpodom, smokers DO contribute more in taxes than the health services spend, just because the governments see it fit to spend the tax elsewhere is not our fault, take it up with the government.

Now, off for a smoke, you never know, it may be another smoke that actually inadvertently saves my life again! You never know! :D:D:D

Archived