gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't want to be as harsh as other members here but;

To everyone (including Kostya).. Nobody knows what specifically SC encompasses. We only know that there are internal and external security checks. Externals are done by ASIO through external resources including but not limited to embassies and missions. That said, you don't know for sure that your security checks were not initiated in October '12 because may be they did or they didn't or they were just different kind of checks that the DIAC operator whom you talked to, didn't knew about.

In any case, fretting about what is included in the checks and what isn't, when in fact nobody actually knows, is just useless.

All we know that the security checks take almost 13 to 16 months+ from CO allocation (and/or form 80 submission.. no body knows that either) on the basis of recent trends.

That said, my advice to Kostya is simple; Keep calm and carry on. Because, if I were you, I wouldn't use the immigration lawyer route until and unless I have some form of decision in my hand. Till than, I will just write all the waiting as 'Bad Luck' and move along. A pissed CO or an entirely new potentially biased CO is the only thing you're getting out of your complaint to DIAC and trust me, none of them works. Quite simply, they decide who goes through security checks whether its from HR country or LR one. Their legislation allows it. Their processing times on their website is only 'indicative', they've mentioned it time and again.

In any case.. the decision is yours. You can pursue your case through immigration lawyer, federal authority that supervises DIAC or any other means but at the end of the day you have to realize one thing. They are the ones giving you something, not the other way around. They are the ones with the legislation on their side, not the other way around. Simply put, it could be just a simple mistake on part of your CO that is well covered in their operational risk parameters, which again won't prompt them to just 'disregard' their processes and grant your application special considerations. We've seen cases where CO asked the applicants and their dependent to undergo medical and physical examinations only to find out their application was undergoing SCs for months on.

In short, "**** Happens". Start anew..

Shawais, why aren't you FLing medicals?? It's taking like more than 3 months to finalize if referred.

I doubt your application will take more than a year to finalize now.

Whats the process for front loading? Some told me IMO is not facilitating FL. Also my CO wrote in a mail to wait for the med call.

Whats the process for front loading? Some told me IMO is not facilitating FL. Also my CO wrote in a mail to wait for the med call.

Call up IOM.. tell them you only have TRN.

Tell your CO that you're undergoing medicals since it is taking more than 3 months to finalize if referred and you believe that hopefully by the end of March 2014, you hope to receive a PCC call (which you'll submit once called).

In my case, I am not supposed to be in the city for couple of months so I front loaded just in case. IOM didn't ask for anything just checked whether my ehealth link was active before the exams.

Call up IOM.. tell them you only have TRN.

Tell your CO that you're undergoing medicals since it is taking more than 3 months to finalize if referred and you believe that hopefully by the end of March 2014, you hope to receive a PCC call (which you'll submit once called).

In my case, I am not supposed to be in the city for couple of months so I front loaded just in case. IOM didn't ask for anything just checked whether my ehealth link was active before the exams.

so first need to request co to active the link.

Yes its showing required status.

It probably means the link is active..

In any case, schedule up for the meds. If its active, they will do your meds and if not, they'll just turn you away. In that case, contact your CO to activate the link.

Even if the link is offline and they do your meds, they will just upload the results once it is activated (which they will push for once results are received at IOM's end).

It probably means the link is active..

In any case, schedule up for the meds. If its active, they will do your meds and if not, they'll just turn you away. In that case, contact your CO to activate the link.

Even if the link is offline and they do your meds, they will just upload the results once it is activated (which they will push for once results are received at IOM's end).

thanks bro, will check with them soon.

Thank God, HBO and AXN are not in this list :laugh:

We need such exchanges daily to break the rut. :laugh: Well done folks. BTW, I think corroboration of employment and academic credentials is a part of internal checks which are usually conducted by DIAC.

We need such exchanges daily to break the rut. :laugh: Well done folks. BTW, I think corroboration of employment and academic credentials is a part of internal checks which are usually conducted by DIAC.

I checked with all my employers, DIAC never got in touch with any of them. Now, having the confirmation of our CO officer that we are now undergoing SC, does that mean they randomly pick samples for internal checks?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I checked with all my employers, DIAC never got in touch with any of them. Now, having the confirmation of our CO officer that we are now undergoing SC, does that mean they randomly pick samples for internal checks?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, job verification is not done in every case but they can choose to contact the employers whenever they deem appropriate. They may attempt to verify your credentials after several weeks/months of CO allocation.

Fellas, quick question! Like Medicals can take 3+ months if referred...what goes for the PCC?

Secondly whats the exact procedure of acquiring PCC and afterwards providing/uploading to DIAC.

Should'nt take more than a week. Exact procedure of obtaining a PCC depends on your country of residence. After obtaining the PCC, simply scan it and upload it or email it to your CO (if you are a paper based applicant).

Should'nt take more than a week. Exact procedure of obtaining a PCC depends on your country of residence. After obtaining the PCC, simply scan it and upload it or email it to your CO (if you are a paper based applicant).

online applicant from Pakistan, I came accross the procedure of getting a certificate/letter from District Superintendent Police, thats not a biggie.

When I get it do I upload it through my E-Visa page or email it to CO? How much time does DIAC take to process PCC?

online applicant from Pakistan, I came accross the procedure of getting a certificate/letter from District Superintendent Police, thats not a biggie.

When I get it do I upload it through my E-Visa page or email it to CO? How much time does DIAC take to process PCC?

If you are an online applicant then you should upload it. As mentioned earlier, they usually process PCC within 1 week.

Archived