gr8leo87

Hala Habibi Reza:laugh:

My agent said that he called DIAC who replied that the application is under security checks he said also that he sent them an e-mail and not yet had an answer:goofy:

In my opinion because the internal checks are already completed by the high commision and ASIO has not received a referral from DIAC then it will be most problably that they are waiting an assessment report about my identity from agencies in my country. Remember Identity is a key issue in the visa application

Regards,

Hala Wallah

As far as I remember IGIS had told you that they have not received your application ! Then who is conducting your security checks ?

Seems that you have a lot of information regarding internal and external checks

Could you explain how they check identity .

I have another question and appreciate in advance if you could answer:

Do family member ( not wife and child I mean brothers sisters and parents) affect security checks ?

My brother is working for a government organization in Iran which is under sanction by USA and some other countries. Does this affect my application ? Are they able to find out where my brother is working ?

Regards

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hala Wallah

As far as I remember IGIS had told you that they have not received your application ! Then who is conducting your security checks ?

Do family member ( not wife and child I mean brothers sisters and parents) affect security checks ?

My brother is working for a government organization in Iran which is under sanction by USA and some other countries. Does this affect my application ? Are they able to find out where my brother is working ?

Regards

Yes IGIS hasn't received a referral about my application from DAIC but my agent said that it's not compulsory that every HR application pass through ASIO and in this case external checks could be done by agencies from my country of origin (I guess they will contact the interior ministry to have another detailed police report).

Your second question is very difficult but here's my opinion: Despite form 80 must give detailed information about all your family members, the character requirements will apply only to visa applicants and then only to you and your dependents…Don’t worry you will be safe Inshallah because it won’t be fair to pay a bill that’s not yours and remember it‘s you who will live in Australia not your brother :wink:

Regards,

Yes IGIS hasn't received a referral about my application from DAIC but my agent said that it's not compulsory that every HR application pass through ASIO and in this case external checks could be done by agencies from my country of origin (I guess they will contact the interior ministry to have another detailed police report).

Your second question is very difficult but here's my opinion: Despite form 80 must give detailed information about all your family members, the character requirements will apply only to visa applicants and then only to you and your dependents…Don’t worry you will be safe Inshallah because it won’t be fair to pay a bill that’s not yours and remember it‘s you who will live in Australia not your brother :wink:

Regards,

Can you explain what identity checks is ? I mean what do they check as identity?

Regards :wubclub:

Hala Wallah

Regards

Government organisation under sanction? What kind of organisation would that be? :err:

Regards

Did he disclose it in form 80? Otherwise, I can't see Iran's military telling ASIO that your brother worked for them, but given its a CIA like organisation they might use their tools to find things out.

In case ASIO does find out AND that your brother didn't disclose it, then it might have adverse effect on his application I'm afraid.

Did he disclose it in form 80? Otherwise, I can't see Iran's military telling ASIO that your brother worked for them, but given its a CIA like organisation they might use their tools to find things out.

In case ASIO does find out AND that your brother didn't disclose it, then it might have adverse effect on his application I'm afraid.

I think you misunderstood the concept. I am discussing about my application and not my brother's. Actually my brother does not have any application with DIAC. My question is Does my brother affect my security checks as he works in that organization? He is not included in my application so I have not submitted any form 80 for my brother and also I have not mentioned that he works in that organization as it is not required to mention in form 80.

As a matter of fact he is an engineer in that organization.

Regards

I think you misunderstood the concept. I am discussing about my application and not my brother's. Actually my brother does not have any application with DIAC. My question is Does my brother affect my security checks as he works in that organization? He is not included in my application so I have not submitted any form 80 for my brother and also I have not mentioned that he works in that organization as it is not required to mention in form 80.

As a matter of fact he is an engineer in that organization.

Regards

Yeah I misunderstood.

Its hard to tell but there is a vague chance. All depends on if they find out. These guys generalise heavily and take no chances.

Guest Alibajwa

Hi All!

This is good thread for HR applicants but to make it more informative and useful, lets run this thread on the basis of threads already running like "Category-2, where are you now" or "Category-3, Where are you now".

Each user of this thread will give his details which will be helpful for others like:

Date of Visa Lodgement:

Date CO Assigned:

Form 80 asked:

Medicals:

PCC:

Current Status:

the initiator of this thread or any other may voluntraliy update the information just like "Connie" or "Gaz & Family" are maintaining their threads.

Vot u say guys?

Guest greenhope

Hi,

After 15 month of security check I got this answer from CO:

Dear Client

I have reviewed the status of your visa application and can advise that your Visa is currently under active assessment.

We are seeking to progress your application as soon as possible. you will appreciate however, that all non-citizens applying for visas to enter Australia are considered on an individual basis and against legal requirements set out in Australia's migration legislation. This often includes requirements that all applications undertake and meet

health, character and national security checks that are undertaken by other agencies, which can take some time.

The timing for the completion of the checks varies form one case to another, depending on individual circumstances. Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your application. You can be assured, however, that I will do all I can to ensure your application is finalised as soon as possible.

At this time you are not required to submit any further documentation.

Once I have received a response from the external agency I will contact you and may request submission of certain requirements at that time.

I do appreciate your concerns and assure you that I will move to finalise

your application as soon as it is possible to do so.

Your ongoing patience is appreciated.

The good news is my case still active, bad news there is no answer from EXTERNAL AGENCY. so there is no way but waiting......

Guest Alibajwa
Hi,

After 15 month of security check I got this answer from CO:

Dear Client

I have reviewed the status of your visa application and can advise that your Visa is currently under active assessment.

We are seeking to progress your application as soon as possible. you will appreciate however, that all non-citizens applying for visas to enter Australia are considered on an individual basis and against legal requirements set out in Australia's migration legislation. This often includes requirements that all applications undertake and meet

health, character and national security checks that are undertaken by other agencies, which can take some time.

The timing for the completion of the checks varies form one case to another, depending on individual circumstances. Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your application. You can be assured, however, that I will do all I can to ensure your application is finalised as soon as possible.

At this time you are not required to submit any further documentation.

Once I have received a response from the external agency I will contact you and may request submission of certain requirements at that time.

I do appreciate your concerns and assure you that I will move to finalise

your application as soon as it is possible to do so.

Your ongoing patience is appreciated.

The good news is my case still active, bad news there is no answer from EXTERNAL AGENCY. so there is no way but waiting......

So Much long wait sucks..............

Guest greenhope
Hi greenhope, hopefully you shall receive the grant soon.Can you tell us which country do you come from ?

thank you Art. I am Iranian.

thank you Art. I am Iranian.

I know that the client charter service states that the application can take 18 - 24 months but generally what is your observation about the range of Iranian security checks timelines during 2010 - 2011.There might be some statistics through which you can get an idea of these timelines.

I sent an email to my case officer last week. And I still haven't got a reply. Sent it late night last monday.

It seems as if it is taking time.Do you think that it takes more time for external checks if someone has dependents or a person has travelled or lived abroad for quite sometime ? I have also seen that a lot of people with ACS backgrounds have had their external checks been done quickly than people with other backgrounds ? Do you think this is true since priorities are also assigned to a security assessment.

It seems as if it is taking time.Do you think that it takes more time for external checks if someone has dependents or a person has travelled or lived abroad for quite sometime ? I have also seen that a lot of people with ACS backgrounds have had their external checks been done quickly than people with other backgrounds ? Do you think this is true since priorities are also assigned to a security assessment.

I don't think being one from ACS will effect in anyway on the processing of external checks. But yes it is my opinion that every case is individual and time can extend on the basis of foreign travel, number of brothers and sisters etc.

I don't think being one from ACS will effect in anyway on the processing of external checks. But yes it is my opinion that every case is individual and time can extend on the basis of foreign travel, number of brothers and sisters etc.

Sorry! What is ACS?:cute:

Can you explain what identity checks is ? I mean what do they check as identity?

Regards :wubclub:

Identify check report in my country means a detailed report issued from the police department that mention all information about you (places where you have lived, where you have studied…) and specifically what “crimes” you have committed (even a recorded dispute could be mentioned in this report).

Ahh never been abroad and only 2 more siblings ... wishing for early completion of these checks ........

Archived