NOR ~ Where to live & how to choose?

cartertucker

i lived in the hills for years it was great but i could see as my kids got older it was going to be a problem getting them to their social activities etc plus the heat !@#$ im guessing you live close to me in oceanreef ? it was easy public transport , close for dropping them to the cinema etc the freo doctor came in early [ love it !!!!] nice views of the ocean near all things , trains handy etc of course in winter its bloody freezing , but fantastic in summer , and i agree with you if i had a spare couple of million id live in cottesloe or city beach in a heart beat but as my lotto numbers never have and probelry never will come up im happy here

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Currambine is well established but still feels 'modern' great shopping centre, close to the ocean and an overall good vibe. Very well kept houses. I love Currambine, we stayed there for the first 6 weeks, great memories of our early days in Perth

Why did you move Fiona? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest irishchicko

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a surburb with nice village feel north of river that is close to CBD.

Ideally want house with pool and do not mind commuting a reasonable distance but would have to be close to public transport as will not have a car.

Any advice really appreciated?

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a surburb with nice village feel north of river that is close to CBD.

Ideally want house with pool and do not mind commuting a reasonable distance but would have to be close to public transport as will not have a car.

Subiaco, if you can afford it.

Hi Guys,

You could look at Guildford - not many Poms look that way - but there are many good things. On the train line, village feel, good shops in Midland. The only bad is that it's on the flight path, but Perth airport is not Heathrow!

Guest MeettheColliers

Hi Jodie, We've been considering Edgewater. Primarily for the job @ Joondalup, the boys sports at KSC & good train links to Perth centre. One question I have is that of Primary Schools. We have kids aged 9, 9 and 8. Hoe are the local schools perceived? Adam

• 2 weeks later...

We absolutely loved staying at Currambine when we've been in Perth. Would love to move there or very close by. Been looking at surburbs and prices and schools tonight. Wondering if anyone has any more info on Banksia Grove as we never drove around that suburb?

Thanks, Tracey

Hi Jodie, We've been considering Edgewater. Primarily for the job @ Joondalup, the boys sports at KSC & good train links to Perth centre. One question I have is that of Primary Schools. We have kids aged 9, 9 and 8. Hoe are the local schools perceived? Adam

Edgewater Primary School is good. Parts of Edgewater I think zone for Belridge SHS which doesn't enjoy a good reputation. Other parts zone for Woodvale which seems to have a better one. Can I ask what/where KSC is?

We absolutely loved staying at Currambine when we've been in Perth. Would love to move there or very close by. Been looking at surburbs and prices and schools tonight. Wondering if anyone has any more info on Banksia Grove as we never drove around that suburb?

Thanks, Tracey

Banksia Grove is a fairly new suburb which has been tagged on to the Eastern end of Carramar. Parts of it historically don't enjoy a good reputation. There isn't much to do out there if you have children and you will find yourself driving them everywhere. It has it's own primary school which again has mixed reviews. Carramar is a little more established but again I think as your kids get older you will spend a lot of time driving them to civilisation.

Thanks Paul1Perth and Northernbird.

It wasn't an area we had even considered until last night but did spot some streets there on streetmap that we didn't like.

It so difficult. We love Joondalup/Cummabine so much but are trying to keep our options open for slightly cheaper places that aren't too far away.

We love the feel of Joondalup with the locality to the shopping malls, nice beaches, Mitchell Highway and trainline into Perth.

How does Clarkson and the three new suburbs that are being built around Yanchep compare?

We have some friends who moved from Dianella to a new house in Yanchep and they love it. He works in Wanneroo and bikes to work though, so it suits them. It's a long way out of the City (Perth) but even living only 30Km out we vary rarely go. Everything we need is close by.

I know a few people who live around Clarkson and it's fine. If you have chance it's a good idea to check out the street you are interested in and see if you can get a look at the neighbours. Bad neighbours anywhere can make your life hell.

Thanks Paul1Perth!

Currambine area is certainly our favourite place that we have been to, but looking at the houses available, and with plans to purchase a business out there, we are aiming to get as low a mortgage as possible initially so we can just concentrate on the finances in the business.

Clarkson seems to get a lot of good reviews (unless I'm just missing all the bad ones), and the new suburbs around Yanchep look quite exciting. Beach looks nice too!

Hello all

sorry I havent been on here much but have been busy settling 2 boys and a hubby oh and of course me :wink:

We are renting in Tapping have no reason to leave the area so when we have saved enough money we will buy in this area could take some time but not worried as we are here living life to the full.

The boys love they school we love the area and love being not to far from beaches freeway and of course lakeside xxx

Its hard to say what area you would advise someone else to live as we are all different and want different things in life.

Just go with what feels right for your family and you will soon be where you want to be and start living life to the full.

Good luck with your choosen area and let me know when you are coming so we can meet up.

Em x

• 1 month later...
Guest Natty T

Any info on Woodvale and Kinross would be much appreciated, i think it will be one of these areas we choose as they have good schools. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Any info on Woodvale and Kinross would be much appreciated, i think it will be one of these areas we choose as they have good schools. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Hopefully Fiona will come along & read this, as she lived in Woodvale :yes:

Nat, how have you found out these are good schools? :unsure: I really have no idea where to start!

Woodvale is good but personally I wouldn't touch Kinross. It's results aren't good and it has a bit of a reputation of trouble.

Guest JK2510

Woodvale is lovely. Rental and house prices are high there and you can clearly see why.

Not to sure about the primary schools but woodvale senior high has a good reputation.

We currently rent a 4x2 in hocking and drive the kids to school in edgewater and to belridge. I personally wouldn't buy here as it's too far away from the joondalup area that has alot of amenities.

I know were not talking alot of kms but when you do it everyday you get sick to death of it! Lol

Guest guest17301

Woodvale is lovely...I can't fault it. Schools great and free. Close to freeway and beach.....nice shopping malls.....you also have Yellagonga regional park on the doorstep.

Archived