NOR ~ Where to live & how to choose?

cartertucker

Guest guest17301

Joondalup itself is also worth a look, houses around $450k upqwards I think....close to everything...a good choice

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joondalup itself is also worth a look, houses around $450k upqwards I think....close to everything...a good choice

Im sure there is a small community of West council homes(around 100) at the top of Joondalup near the water tower as we looked there too but yes some good hoses around that area......

Guest guest17301

Is there? I didnt know, Im thinking of areas near to the library and neil hawkins Park and off lakeside drive etc....just looks like a really nice place to live if you want to be close to a 'city' ahem.

Guest Kate10

Hi guys,

I hope you don't mind if I hijack slightly with a question! We are moving over in two weeks and are looking for a long term rental in the northern suburbs. My husband will be working in Osborne Park. I have found some lovely houses in Tapping at a reasonable rent - unlike so many others they seem to be newish or recently renovated. I can see them on street view on google maps and the streets seem to be very nice and fairly established. I have only read good things about Tapping but can't help but wonder if it's too good to be true?? I haven't found anything like the choice of houses in any other suburb. Anyone have an opinion on Tapping generally?

Thanks very much in advance for any advice!

Kate.

Hi guys,

I hope you don't mind if I hijack slightly with a question! We are moving over in two weeks and are looking for a long term rental in the northern suburbs. My husband will be working in Osborne Park. I have found some lovely houses in Tapping at a reasonable rent - unlike so many others they seem to be newish or recently renovated. I can see them on street view on google maps and the streets seem to be very nice and fairly established. I have only read good things about Tapping but can't help but wonder if it's too good to be true?? I haven't found anything like the choice of houses in any other suburb. Anyone have an opinion on Tapping generally?

Kate.

there is no problem with tapping its a nice suburb its off wanneroo rd it dosnt take long to get to joondalup maybe ten mins in the car , tapping is by carramar, ashby, sinagra , darch, madeley,, landsdale etc they all come off wanneroo rd once upon a time it was all wanneroo but now it has been broken into smaller suburbs

Hi guys,

Kate.

Hi Kate, I dont mind you asking this question on my thread at all :cute:

However, to get more specific answers, may I suggest you post in the 'WA' section & mayby headline your thread as

'Tapping ~ Whats it really like?' :GEEK:

Good luck with your move :yes:

Hi guys,

Kate.

imo Tapping and new surrounding suburbs are concrete jungles , a complete lack of greenery but some like that, when we were in the uk we loved the sound of Carramar and the golf course within the suburb but when driving around the area there was too much concrete for us and houses are well too small and close ......a 12 yr old home will have more land and be well established with added privacy.........

your up late tonyman? this no a school night for you?:cute:

im practicing ......just in case i ever become a mod , i can keep one eye on you lot in the uk and one on these lot here ..........:goofy:.......im just aboot to have some lambs hearts ...the best taste ......

Hi guys,

Thanks everyone for your advice - much appreciated! Tony I agree even online a lot of the houses seem to be built on very small plots for the size of the houses, so that the gardens are very small but to be honest that is kind of appealing for us! Our home in Ireland is fairly rural so it is big and we have a very big garden ....WAY too much grass to cut! It would be nice for a change to have something low maintenance! : ) We have very few public parks in Irish cities so to me looking at the map it seems like there are loads of green areas in Tapping and surrounding suburbs. So maybe its horses for courses!!

Anyway good to know that there are no hidden horrors ...like an enormous dump or pig farm or something!

Thanks again everyone,

Kate

ummm you didnt ask about pig farms etc , there isnt any pig farms but there is a ingrams chicken plant , and there is a mushroom farm rarely problems but occasionally if the wind blows wrong the mushroom farm can be putrid but in five years of working in the area id say id smelt it about a dozen times so not to bad

Padbury and Craigie are lovely family orientated areas and have parks and schools close by. I live in Craigie and love it. The park is down the road and the local shops are a five minute walk across the park. The big shops are a 20 minute walk or 5 minute drive and the beach is a five minute drive too. Hillarys is under 10 minutes drive away. And the train station is about a ten min drive too!

• 1 month later...

We're over for 2 weeks at the moment validating our visas, currently renting a 4x2 in butler.

We love the modern feel of butler and the parks and lake, we are definitely looking at renting/hopefully buying in this area when we make the move.

Saying that all the suburbs north of Joondalup seem very similar modern, lots of parks etc

We have family friends who live in trigg and visited them last night, they have a beautiful 2 storey house with sea views. Now there's a nice place to live if your lotto numbers come up!!

Archived