Amazon.com/Australia or alternative on line shopping sites

brucewayne

As most likely with a lot of people, I order a lot of things online here in the UK through sites like Amazon or Play etc.

I can't seem to find a site for Amazon Australia. According to Amazon Australia Store | Buy electronics, laptops, cell phone and more at Amazon and ship them to Australia.

it doesn't.

While this site suggests alternatives (e.g. setting up a US Postal Address etc and then getting goods shipped from there), this probably is not gonna be any good for things like electrical devices etc

I've become quite used to ordering items online as it just is more convenient especially with the hectic lifestyle I seem to have (or had!) in the UK. Amazon always seemed convenient as they have a variety of goods under one umbrella store,where I only need to register my credit card and address with one store. I imagine that I would have to login and register with multiple different sites for different goods. Any advice/tips/hints would be appreciated.

Cheers

Guest Drop Bear

Amazon UK will deliver direct to Oz home addresses btw. I just received an order of books from them. The only problem is that it takes longer to arrive, and it can get pricey as they charge postage for each item, rather than for the order total (though price per book was still cheaper than getting them off the shelf in an Oz bookshop). Other than those two shortcomings, I just placed an order as normal using my UK Amazon account.

So maybe for Aussies Amazon is just good for hard-to-find items/books that you can't find on the sites suggested by the other posters on this thread.

• 3 years later...

I use Fishpond quite a lot and its a good site. With the free postage like The Book Depositary it pays to check first how much the books are on other sites where we pay for delivery as often they are much cheaper. I find that Amazon UK is good for books and DVDs, I do not use Amazon USA as I find its dearer and the delivery is not as good as Amazon Uk.

I use Ebay a lot as the people who sell on it all deliver to Aus. I hate these sites that you go through the motions of buying and they deliver to Australia, however not that product, we cannot have that product. Certain shoes and clothes. So need one of the US sites to deliver which makes it too expensive when added on to the cost.

I use Deals Direct but have to be selective a lot of junk on these cheap sites.

I shop from Aussie sites a lot. ie Vacuum Cleaners etc Godfreys site is way better than their shops. More choice free delivery over a certain amount etc.

Kitchen Direct good site in Perth for kitchen products.

Ezibuy, Next good for clothes

Archived