South Oz applications - where are you now

gaz n family

Guest bishvegas

Hi Gaz. Could you add us to the list please. Put our details on page 5 of the thread. Just looking forward to seeing our names in a different colour lol. Mind you at the rate things are going with the allocation of CO's I think that could take months!

Thanks, Julie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOO HOOOOOO WE GOT A WINNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

THE FIRST CO OF THIS THREAD

WE GOT SOME COLOUR ON THE FRONT PAGE

Congratulations, keep us up to date how things go.

Name:glnofategl

Date of Visa application:2/Sep/2010

Nationality:China

High/Low Risk:High

Trade/profession:Electronics Eng.

Visa type:176

Which State Sponsored:SA

Date of SMP Applications:16/April/2010

Date of SMP Granted:1/Sep/2010

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:3

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:24/Jan/2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Hi Gaz. Could you add us to the list please. Put our details on page 5 of the thread. Just looking forward to seeing our names in a different colour lol. Mind you at the rate things are going with the allocation of CO's I think that could take months!

Thanks, Julie

Sorry, i missed you in all this confusion. You know, all the changes i keep having to make with Case Officers and Visa grants being dished out every hour.

I BLOODY WISH!!!!:arghh:

Seriously, sorry, it wasnt intentional

Is it bad of me not to feel to excited for people who have got their co appointed that lodged months and months after me.

Sorry guys if your one of them but you know what i mean its driving me mental.

I feel just the same!!! hard to be happy for others when your actually quite pee'd off... for yourself........:mad: if you know what i mean!!! and you guys have been waiting longer than us too!!!!!:notworthy:

Is it bad of me not to feel to excited for people who have got their co appointed that lodged months and months after me.

Sorry guys if your one of them but you know what i mean its driving me mental.

No, not at all, its natural, I feel the same as you do.

Applied for my visa june 2009, its dam right anoying seeing people who applied over a year after us getting a co, its not their fault of course and good luck to them, but its very unfair imo.

Guest hrimmer3011

Name: RIMMER

Date of Visa application:

Nationality: UK

High/Low Risk:LOW

Trade/profession: Metal Machinist

Visa type: ss 176

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications:

Date of SMP Granted:

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted: not yet

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable): n/a

Date visa granted:

Totally agree! We feel very down hearted. Im beginning to think its harder to look at this site seeing that everyone else is getting CO's yet I have been sat here waiting way over 16 months and not heard a dickie bird!! Whats going on SA???? My agent says that I should have a CO in next few days but not to expect hearing something for a couple of months!! How many more 'we should hear something in a couple of months' have I got to hear before we actually get somewhere???

Sorry for the rant people!!:smile:

Have you applied for your visa or State Sponsor yet?

Name: RIMMER

Date of Visa application:

Nationality: UK

High/Low Risk:LOW

Trade/profession: Metal Machinist

Visa type: ss 176

Date of SMP Applications:

Date of SMP Granted:

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Medicals submitted: not yet

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable): n/a

Date visa granted:

Come on guys! Think positively!! :biggrin:

People are getting case officers now and your turn is coming too.

Thats not just a good thing its a GREAT thing, especially if they keep coming at the rate that other states were dishing them out.

When we get ours!?... is anyones guess as there is no clear order.... but IT WILL happen.

Its frustrating (we have all felt it) but exciting because the day you check your emails and you have the message you are waiting for, you will be over the moon. (Can't wait!)

I don't think its fair on yourselves to feel beat up by peoples timelines as they are not always accurate pictures.

My visa story goes back to January 2009 but like the rest of you who may have had applications in I was sitting back playing the game waiting for the right time to place my application and then got caught in all the hold ups of 2010. I know that doesn't count in DIACs eyes as an earlier application but my point being that even though my 'official' application has only been in a few months my visa process has been as long or even longer than some of yours.

So please don't spoil the excitement for everyone as there case officers come through.

WELL DONE to those who got case officers today, and fingers case toes crossed tightly that all the rest of us hear something very soon. Good Luck!!

Very well put. We are in the same boat as you, been contemplating the application for years, then when our time came we were hit with the changes. Some here seem to think that because you're a 2010 applicant then you are not entittled to vent or share your frustration. We too are waiting and to be totally honest i will do anyting within the law to jump whatever queue there is. Call it being selfish, maybe but the sooner i can get my kids in aussie schools the better, plus the longer we wait the more its costing me as i cannot change their uk school now then change again if we get a visa. I too get a little frustrated seeing late applicants getting case officers, but thats only because we want one. I say good luck to them and hope their wait is short, because as soon as they have finished that case then they might move on to mine. We are all frustrated, we are all desperate, we have made the decission, so want to get there now. Lets not fall out just because someone applied after someone else, not saying we are, as we can do nothing about it so. COME ON DIAC WE WANT MORE CASE OFFICERS--!!!!--

Thats not just a good thing its a GREAT thing, especially if they keep coming at the rate that other states were dishing them out.

When we get ours!?... is anyones guess as there is no clear order.... but IT WILL happen.

Its frustrating (we have all felt it) but exciting because the day you check your emails and you have the message you are waiting for, you will be over the moon. (Can't wait!)

I don't think its fair on yourselves to feel beat up by peoples timelines as they are not always accurate pictures.

My visa story goes back to January 2009 but like the rest of you who may have had applications in I was sitting back playing the game waiting for the right time to place my application and then got caught in all the hold ups of 2010. I know that doesn't count in DIACs eyes as an earlier application but my point being that even though my 'official' application has only been in a few months my visa process has been as long or even longer than some of yours.

So please don't spoil the excitement for everyone as there case officers come through.

WELL DONE to those who got case officers today, and fingers case toes crossed tightly that all the rest of us hear something very soon. Good Luck!!

Sorry it seems I have frustrated a few people! Didnt mean to offend anyone one or get peoples backs up! I am happy for the people who are getting CO's and hope everything goes OK for them all. :notworthy:

Don't worry, I can't see how anything you said would offend anyone :nah: you me and a few others have vented our frustration at seeing an already difficult process being made worse because the DIAC are not giving co's in date lodgement order.

On no occasion has anyone criticized an individual for recieving a co, just the unfairness of the DIAC processing system:wacko:.

If that has caused offence, god help them when they live and work in Australia because the ausies speak their minds and don't care who's listening or getting offended:wink:

LOVE the photos on your website....:notworthy:

Thanks Gaz n family - Lee is working hard to build up his portfolio as he is hoping to persue photography as a career in Australia.

Mark and Cat no offence caused... just wanted to try and keep this thread a positive one as we all have it hard enough as it is.

As far as I can see none of the case officers have been allocated to UK applicants yet so that may go someway to explain why they seem to be out of date order.... I don't know I am only trying to make some sense of the madness.

...Hoping nobody has to wait too much longer.

Hi.. Please include me on your list. Thank-you.

Name: harmitraj

Date of Visa application: 26 January 2011

Nationality: Singapore

High/Low Risk: Low

Trade/profession: Secondary School Teacher

Visa type: 176

Date of SMP Applications: 30 November 2010

Date of SMP Granted: 21 January 2011

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Name: AngPhil

Date of Visa application: 19/11/10

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Secondary School Teacher Maths

Visa type: 176

Date of SMP Applications: 04/11/10

Date of SMP Granted: 18/11/10

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted: Not yet

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date visa granted:

Hi Gaz,

Just an update.

We did our meds 14th Jan and kids were finalised on 17th Jan, OH & me finalised 24th Jan.

Hoping to get our police checks back next week. Then its just the little matter of getting allocated a co! :rolleyes:

Come on DIAC, play fair and start dishing out co's to SA guys..

Cheers

Adele x

Archived