New South Wales SS - Where are you now?

cazhoney

Guest Colorana
Something is happening at this end...:yes:

Our agent received an email from DIAC yesterday stating that our visa application will soon be allocated to a case office for assessment and applications that are complete are likely to be finalised more quickly. We have therefore decided to go ahead and get the medicals and PCC's done. Ooooh, it's getting exciting again!

Great news...congratulations!

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AustrAnglian
Good to hear from you too. Yes indeed it is an exciting to be in the final phase!

Hope you get your PCCs super fast. I will also be waiting more less the same period of time for mine. By the way when are you planning to move to Sydney/NSW?

Hi Colorana, to be honest we're in no urgent hurry for our visas. I now suspect there is some issue with our Form 1100 that's preventing DIAC recognising me as a Cat 2 but I will only push our agent to join the dots between NSW and DIAC once we are decision ready with all our PCCs and Meds fully completed and loaded.

I'm in some really interesting discussions with my company at the moment - I was working on getting a transfer to the Sydney office in 2012 but the latest suggestion is that they are considering me for a fantastic new role starting in about 3 months time. Really exciting destination, but it will delay our move to Sydney by 2-3 years if I get it. Luckily the 176 is flexible enough to handle this diversion if it comes off. Fingers crossed.

Guest Colorana
Hi Colorana, to be honest we're in no urgent hurry for our visas. I now suspect there is some issue with our Form 1100 that's preventing DIAC recognising me as a Cat 2 but I will only push our agent to join the dots between NSW and DIAC once we are decision ready with all our PCCs and Meds fully completed and loaded.

I'm in some really interesting discussions with my company at the moment - I was working on getting a transfer to the Sydney office in 2012 but the latest suggestion is that they are considering me for a fantastic new role starting in about 3 months time. Really exciting destination, but it will delay our move to Sydney by 2-3 years if I get it. Luckily the 176 is flexible enough to handle this diversion if it comes off. Fingers crossed.

Hi AustrAnglian,

Hope you manage to sort out your form 1100 issue. Regarding your moving plans sounds like the world is open to you. Good luck whathever decision you take. In any case if you do not move this year to Sydney/NSW that means that you will not be joining us in our planned braai with caipirinhas ...and we will not have G&Ts and all your long list of fans wont's have the chance to meet you in person:sad:

Guest lobsters
Hey Lobsters, good to see that you too have applied on a 475 visa to the murrey region.That make two of us going to the same region.Yeah, I too applied on a 475 visa [vocational teacher] so got to know some one out there too.Will be uploading my PCC and medicals by next month so there will be no movement for me for some time .But wish you the best and hope to keep in touch .By the way which region are you planning to go? coz I have planned to go to Albury [well, don't know anything much about it though ] Anyway hoping for the best.

We're planning to go to Albury too.....great minds think alike! :biglaugh:

We're having our medicals done on 13th April and are applying for the PCC's on 14th April. We should have them within 2 weeks. Hopefully by the end of April our agent will be able to frontload both meds and PCC's to DIAC.

Good luck to you too and I will keep you posted!

We're planning to go to Albury too.....great minds think alike! :biglaugh:

We're having our medicals done on 13th April and are applying for the PCC's on 14th April. We should have them within 2 weeks. Hopefully by the end of April our agent will be able to frontload both meds and PCC's to DIAC.

Good luck to you too and I will keep you posted!

Hey Lobsters,thats great news :jiggy:that you too are going to Albury.We will be doing our PCC on the 28th of april as my husband is out at work and medicals only by the 10th of May as my son's passport has expired and just waiting to get it done then will go ahead for our medicals.Anyway will be in touch.

Guest AustrAnglian
Hi AustrAnglian,

Hope you manage to sort out your form 1100 issue. Regarding your moving plans sounds like the world is open to you. Good luck whathever decision you take. In any case if you do not move this year to Sydney/NSW that means that you will not be joining us in our planned braai with caipirinhas ...and we will not have G&Ts and all your long list of fans wont's have the chance to meet you in person:sad:

Hi Colorana, This new company discussion caught me by surprise so I haven't had a chance to think through all the consequences yet, but even if I get the new role there will obviously still be a validation trip/vacation to Sydney, plus there's likely to be business travel to Sydney as well. Still hopeful for that braai....

Don´t even think about it, Austranglian!! :mad:

You can´t just simply abandone your fans! And what about the caipirinhas? :twitcy:

Guest Colorana
Hi Colorana, This new company discussion caught me by surprise so I haven't had a chance to think through all the consequences yet, but even if I get the new role there will obviously still be a validation trip/vacation to Sydney, plus there's likely to be business travel to Sydney as well. Still hopeful for that braai....

Great. Braai is still ON!!:jiggy:

Guest VeeTix

Hi all

We have been so lucky and our visa was granted today! We did front load our PCC and medicals and never even heard from the case officer until visa granted. We are thrilled and will be celebrating!

Remember to make sure you have asked NSW to submit your Form 1100, as ours was not submitted until a couple of weeks ago.

Hope you will all have your visas very soon!

Can't believe this!!!!!

Guest AustrAnglian
Don´t even think about it, Austranglian!! :mad:

You can´t just simply abandone your fans! And what about the caipirinhas? :twitcy:

Thanks Carolina, it's nice that everyone's so supportive on this thread! :hug:

I'm not going anywhere just yet and there's no guarantee I'll get this new job opportunity. I'll hopefully know more in the next couple of weeks.

Guest AustrAnglian
Hi all

We have been so lucky and our visa was granted today! We did front load our PCC and medicals and never even heard from the case officer until visa granted. We are thrilled and will be celebrating!

Remember to make sure you have asked NSW to submit your Form 1100, as ours was not submitted until a couple of weeks ago.

Can't believe this!!!!!

Congrats VeeTix - great news!!

Guest rooperman
Hi all

Can't believe this!!!!!

Congratulations!

Guest Colorana
Hi all

Can't believe this!!!!!

Huge congratulations and good luck with your moving plans. :smile:

Hi all

Can't believe this!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :wubclub:

Name: VeeTix

Date of Visa application: 31 Oct 2010

Nationality: French (hubby), South African (myself)

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Developer Programmer

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: NSW

Date of SMP Applications: Aug 2010

Date of SMP Granted: Oct 2010

Onshore/offshore: Off

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: 12 April 2011

Guest akosicoco

hi guys,

I have one question. Who updates the Document Checklist in the online status? Is it an actual reflection of the progress of the application? Because in the front page of my online status, my medical says finalised. However, on the Document Checklist, it still says Required. And everything else under Document Checklist still says Required for me even if my CO has not asked me for any other documents except for PCC and medical.

Thank You for all the help!

Guest AustrAnglian
hi guys,

I have one question. Who updates the Document Checklist in the online status? Is it an actual reflection of the progress of the application? Because in the front page of my online status, my medical says finalised. However, on the Document Checklist, it still says Required. And everything else under Document Checklist still says Required for me even if my CO has not asked me for any other documents except for PCC and medical.

Hi Akosicoco,

One of the pages is updated by HOC (the team in Sydney who inspect the medical reports) and the other page is updated by your CO. There are many OP on PIO who say that some of the COs don't update the online system and some have been awarded visas without anything else showing as "Met" so it depends on the CO. In my opinion if the medicals show as "finalised" anywhere on any page that's got to be a good thing! All the best.

Guest AustrAnglian

Hi Everyone! Is everyone else on vacation as well? Looks like I haven't missed too much recently.

Just a quick update from me. Travelled through Dubai at the weekend and medicals are now all completed and also applied for PCCs for both the UAE and Japan.

Now onto our "real" holiday in Athens, Greece! All the best!

Guest akosicoco
Hi Akosicoco,

One of the pages is updated by HOC (the team in Sydney who inspect the medical reports) and the other page is updated by your CO. There are many OP on PIO who say that some of the COs don't update the online system and some have been awarded visas without anything else showing as "Met" so it depends on the CO. In my opinion if the medicals show as "finalised" anywhere on any page that's got to be a good thing! All the best.

Thank you so much AustrAnglian.

One more PCC for me (FBI clearance) which should come out anytime soon and I'm done with everything that the CO asked for.

Goodluck to us all and Happy Easter! :)

Guest Colorana
Hi Everyone! Is everyone else on vacation as well? Looks like I haven't missed too much recently.

Just a quick update from me. Travelled through Dubai at the weekend and medicals are now all completed and also applied for PCCs for both the UAE and Japan.

Now onto our "real" holiday in Athens, Greece! All the best!

Hi AustrAnglian, thnaks for the update. Good to see things are progressing from your side. Last week I sent to my MA all the docs the CO requested except the PCCs. I expect them to be ready within 2 weeks. I hope I get them on time!

Looks like it is going to be a cold Easter overhere. Enjoy Athens.

hi guys,

How long did it take for your medicals to be finalized?

Guest akosicoco
How long did it take for your medicals to be finalized?

Hi cazhoney,

I took my medical March 19, March 21 they received partial results of medical (everything except HIV result) and then March 23 they received the HIV results and the same day it was finalised as reflected on my online status page. I guess they didn't find anything wrong with me, thank God. :)

Guest akosicoco
yeah, I don´t know why mine are taking sooo long.....I don´t have any disease, everything was ok on the results, I saw it....

oh, you should probably email/call HOC and ask. Is your application online? Because I think it is faster if its online as results are just uploaded instead of sent through mail (which can take so long to reach DIAC).

oh, you should probably email/call HOC and ask. Is your application online? Because I think it is faster if its online as results are just uploaded instead of sent through mail (which can take so long to reach DIAC).

My application is online. But the doctor I went too, didn´t have this "online system", which only a few doctors here have. I know it´s much faster...

So my medicals were sent by mail, which take longer. But since they are already there, I don´t understand why it´s taking so long to analise them....:sad:

Archived