New South Wales SS - Where are you now?

cazhoney

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest koko1
Hello Cat 2 NSW SMP friends....This is just to share the news that my MA has just phoned to let us know our visa was granted yesterday. The very same day we lodged our last set of docs!!!!!! We are just in shock as we never expected it to happen so quickly. We are lucky today is a holiday here in SA.....therefore we can a have a big party...BTW I am (relatively) a new member of PIO but in this short time PIO kept me sane (for sure!). Special thanks to Austranglian, VickyMel, CCxOxO, Bokkiegirl and Cazhoney. Thanks very much guys for sharing your experiences and status....

Now time to celebrate :wub::biglaugh::wub::biglaugh::wub::biglaugh::wub::biglaugh::wub::biglaugh::wub::biglaugh:....ohh I almost forgot!...cazhoney please turn me purple! :v_SPIN:

A big congrat to you.

Guest AustrAnglian

Another week down and it's been more slow progress this week with only 1 visa award and no new COs. Summary status now 5 purples, 5 pinks and 8 blues. Have a good weekend everyone and all the best for next week.

Guest Colorana
Hi Colorana

Congrats! May I know apart from the initial entry are they allowing you a five year period to settle there "permanently"?

Hi Sunflower, yes the letter said I have 5 years to settle permanently but my first date of entry is somewhere in November 2011. Nevertheless, I have heard is not a good idea to settle too late (i.e. 6 months before this 5 year period ends). Apparently DIAC does not see this with good eyes.

Guest Colorana
Congrats Colorana! That is wonderful news.

Good luck with the plans for your big move :biggrin:

Thanks very much Lobsters...I really appreciate it. We are planning to move end of July (all going according to our plans). It would be nice to meet you when we all get there...let's keep in touch. BTW I studied and worked in Holland and my husband also lived there for a while. I have the fondest memories about Holland. Last but not least, I would like to mention that I am not a born and bred South African. I am originally from Colombia (South America) but became one when I married my husband. I have been living here in SA for a long while....

Guest monmonroy

Just a question... Do I need to have my Skills Assessment document (ACS) and IELTS result notarized before I pass my application paper?

Guest AustrAnglian
Just a question... Do I need to have my Skills Assessment document (ACS) and IELTS result notarized before I pass my application paper?

Hi monmonroy. If you lodge your application online then you don't need to notarise documents if you can make colour scans of them. If only black and white copies are possible then you will need them notarised/certified. Hope that helps.

Guest monmonroy
Hi monmonroy. If you lodge your application online then you don't need to notarise documents if you can make colour scans of them. If only black and white copies are possible then you will need them notarised/certified. Hope that helps.

Hmmmm... So I can pass an online nsw sponsorship form? I thought it was only by mail.. Thanks....

Guest rex123

Can anyone confirm me in which mail adress your nsw form 1100 HAS BEEN sent to DIAC?

Mine is ASPC.Support.Unit@immi.gov.au

I dont have any way to confirm it with DIAC. My agent is not interested in sending a PLE bcz they are confident enough about the recieval by DIAC with their previous dealings. . BUT i................

Rex

Guest AustrAnglian
Hmmmm... So I can pass an online nsw sponsorship form? I thought it was only by mail.. Thanks....

Hi monmonroy - sorry, I misunderstood your question. I thought you were talking about submitting documents to DIAC for the visa application. I am less certain about the NSW application process as my agent handled that for me. I posted original documents to the agent and he put the submission together - I therefore suspect certified documents were required. Apologies for any confusion.

Guest AustrAnglian
Can anyone confirm me in which mail adress your nsw form 1100 HAS BEEN sent to DIAC?

Mine is ASPC.Support.Unit@immi.gov.au

I dont have any way to confirm it with DIAC. My agent is not interested in sending a PLE bcz they are confident enough about the recieval by DIAC with their previous dealings. . BUT i................

Rex

Hi Rex, I think you are right to be concerned about this. There are many other posters on PIO who have shared stories of their Form 1100 not arriving at DIAC. There are currently about a dozen SS posters on the Cat 2 thread who should have had a CO by now (per the DIAC timelines), but don't - I am one of them.

In my case my agent has received a letter from DIAC advising I am in Priority 3 even though I've submitted a 176 with NSW sponsorship and on their SMP. My Form 1100 obviously has gone awol. My agent said he would intervene if I was in a hurry for the visa - I advised him to leave it as according to the Cat 3 thread I was due a CO within a few months anyway, and a delay may actually suit my personal circumstances.

If you are in a hurry for the visa I would definitely recommend you ensure DIAC confirm receipt of Form 1100 either by phone or PLE. All the best and hope you succeed in getting confirmation of your priority 2 status.

Guest Colorana
Hi monmonroy - sorry, I misunderstood your question. I thought you were talking about submitting documents to DIAC for the visa application. I am less certain about the NSW application process as my agent handled that for me. I posted original documents to the agent and he put the submission together - I therefore suspect certified documents were required. Apologies for any confusion.

Hi Monmoroy, sorry i cannot help either..I laso sent originals to my agent and he submitted the docs. Not sure in what format. I think it may be worth sending NSW an email en enquire about this. Good luck!

Guest monmonroy

Thanks for the replies... I sent an email to NSW and they said just send certified copies...

Guest AustrAnglian

No movement at all this week. Still 5 purples, 5 pinks and 8 blues. Hopefully next week will bring more joy. Have a good weekend everyone.

Hey NSW-cat2,

was out holidaying in Thailand.Did my medicals on the 9th of May and then left for my holiday with my family .Just been back .Hope everything is going good for the other applicants .Just waiting for a CO now.

Can anyone tell me how long will it take for a Co to be assigned ?

Guest Colorana
Hey NSW-cat2,

was out holidaying in Thailand.Did my medicals on the 9th of May and then left for my holiday with my family .Just been back .Hope everything is going good for the other applicants .Just waiting for a CO now.

Can anyone tell me how long will it take for a Co to be assigned ?

Hi Wensmal, I think that nobody could possibly tell you how long will it take to get a CO after submitting medicals. I have read here in PIO that currently there seems to be a bit of a delay. For instance, there is people that submitted their medicals like 4 or 6 months ago and they still appear as "requested/required" online (DIAC website). My personal history is that I frontloaded my meds in May last year. Nevertheless, my medical status (in the DIAC website) only changed (from required to met) in March this year (10 months later). I think the timing of the submission of my application was not the greatest as there were lots of changes in the immigration legislation last year, elections, etc. Contrary to this approval of visas seem to be much shorter nowadays. This depends on many factors such as your occupation, if you are from a HR (high risk) country or a LR country, the various states sponsorships quotas (if you took the state sponsorship route). Maybe it may be a good idea to investigate what has happened to people from your same country, same profession and who has submitted meds also this year. This may give you a better idea of how long will it take for you too. Just sharing my thoughts ....Good luck and hope you get your CO super fast!

Guest Colorana

Hi Cazhoney....I have not seen any posts from you for a while now. Is everything going OK?

Guest rex123

Hi colorana,

HAve U any idea about NSW SS Quota for this Fiscal year?

I doubt it bcz people applied before is getting CO....

yOUR ADVICE PLEASE

rEX

Guest Colorana
Hi colorana,

HAve U any idea about NSW SS Quota for this Fiscal year?

I doubt it bcz people applied before is getting CO....

yOUR ADVICE PLEASE

rEX

Hi Rex, I am not very sure. I remeber reading the number from one of posts but could not find it. Important to note is that quota is for the current fiscal year (I believe the new fiscal year starts 1 July)

I just found the following info..hope it helps

Hi Wensmal, I think that nobody could possibly tell you how long will it take to get a CO after submitting medicals. I have read here in PIO that currently there seems to be a bit of a delay. For instance, there is people that submitted their medicals like 4 or 6 months ago and they still appear as "requested/required" online (DIAC website). My personal history is that I frontloaded my meds in May last year. Nevertheless, my medical status (in the DIAC website) only changed (from required to met) in March this year (10 months later). I think the timing of the submission of my application was not the greatest as there were lots of changes in the immigration legislation last year, elections, etc. Contrary to this approval of visas seem to be much shorter nowadays. This depends on many factors such as your occupation, if you are from a HR (high risk) country or a LR country, the various states sponsorships quotas (if you took the state sponsorship route). Maybe it may be a good idea to investigate what has happened to people from your same country, same profession and who has submitted meds also this year. This may give you a better idea of how long will it take for you too. Just sharing my thoughts ....Good luck and hope you get your CO super fast!

Thanks Colorana for the update.Regarding self have a regional sponsorship from the murrey region .Just hope everything goes off fast as been waiting for a very long time.I had applied way back in sep 2009 so its over 2 yrs now .

Hi Colorana!

you are right. I am avoiding entering PIO....it makes me sad to see so many visas coming out, and mine, nothing. Next month it will be 2 years since I first applied.

I just think it´s not fair. I have everything they askes for. My medicals are waiting there for be finalized. And I don´t know why it´s taking so long.

Sorry for the complaining.....I am really upset these days....:mad:

Carolina

Guest Colorana
Hi Colorana!

you are right. I am avoiding entering PIO....it makes me sad to see so many visas coming out, and mine, nothing. Next month it will be 2 years since I first applied.

I just think it´s not fair. I have everything they askes for. My medicals are waiting there for be finalized. And I don´t know why it´s taking so long.

Carolina

Hi Carolina, No need for apologies...you have the right to get upset after all the delays you have had to endure. I agree with you, it is not fair!. I think the timing of your application (and mine too by the way) was not the best. All what I can say is try to be patient for a bit longer as you are in the final phase!.. BTW have you received news from the NSW Gov on your desire to drop the nomination?

Guest Colorana
Hi Colorana!

Carolina

By the way I sent you a PM....

Hi guys!

Sorry for being silent for such a long time.

I've finally got my visa approved yesterday!

Yeeehooo!!

Name: nagliyvred

Date of Visa application: 25.02.2011

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Nationality: Russian

IELTS (if applicable): 8.0

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable): 2

Date of SS application: 08.02.2011

Delays/further docs requested: None

Date SS received: 24.02.2011

Medical: referred 20 Apr 2011, finalized 30 May 2011