New South Wales SS - Where are you now?

cazhoney

Guest AustrAnglian
Hi cazhoney,

Please turn me purple. Got my visa grant letter today in my email. I am so happy and excited. It hasn't really sanked in yet. So many things to do and plan for.

Goodluck to everyone who is still waiting for the good news. I am sure it will come soon. :)

And thank you to everyone for the words of encouragement and support. This forum has helped me tremendously and kept me sane the whole process.

much love,

akosicoco

Congrats akosicoco! Good to see things still moving forward for us NSW applicants.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AustrAnglian

Quick update from my side - looks pretty certain now that the Company want me to do one final expat assignment before moving to Sydney and it's something I just can't turn down - a few years in Santiago - Chile!

Guest koko1
Hi koko1,

From which country are you from? Have you submitted all PCCs and medical?

Hi Akosicoco,

A big congrats to you!

I am from Nigeria. Did they do job verification in your own case?

My CO has not requested for the Medical and PCC. He said he will reach me in a later.

Guest koko1
Hi Koko,

Sorry for jumping into the scene but I just wanted to confirm if you are South African. If so, please let me know if the High Comission has already phoned you/your company to do the employment verification. If so, can you please share some details? If you cpmpany is big or not, who they phoned, what kind of questions, etc? Thanks in advance

Hi Colorana,

I know you are a South African but I'm not. I am a Nigerian but Australian High Commission in South Africa is the Aus. visa issuing high commission to West African countries including Nigeria. I'm sure that is why my job verification had to be done by the South African office. they did not phone me but the chairman of the company of which I am the Chief Executive Officer.

Really I don't know when this internal checking process will end for me. My CO said it may take 2 or 3 months but I don't know why. CO refused to ask me to do Meds. He said he will reach me later

Well all the best. I know yours is moving faster but has your CO requested your Meds and PCC?

Quick update from my side - looks pretty certain now that the Company want me to do one final expat assignment before moving to Sydney and it's something I just can't turn down - a few years in Santiago - Chile!

Hi Austranglian!!!

WOW!

You always have BIG news for us...are we going to be country neighbours? :wubclub:

Or at least in the same continent? :laugh:

Guest lobsters
Hi cazhoney,

Please turn me purple. Got my visa grant letter today in my email. I am so happy and excited. It hasn't really sanked in yet. So many things to do and plan for.

Goodluck to everyone who is still waiting for the good news. I am sure it will come soon. :)

And thank you to everyone for the words of encouragement and support. This forum has helped me tremendously and kept me sane the whole process.

much love,

akosicoco

Congrats akosicoco!

Just wondering if there is any movement at all for the rest of us with NSW SS? There are visa grants for those who have SS from the other states/territories and have lodged their applications weeks after the NSW SMP was published. Why are we trailing behind? We're also supposed to be category 2!!

Just so tired of waiting :sad:

Guest akosicoco
Hi Akosicoco,

A big congrats to you!

I am from Nigeria. Did they do job verification in your own case?

My CO has not requested for the Medical and PCC. He said he will reach me in a later.

Hi koko1,

I am not sure if they did any job verification since our HR department did not mention that a check has been made on my behalf. I guess the documents I submitted was sufficient for my CO.

Hang in there. Yours will come soon. :)

Guest AustrAnglian
Hi Austranglian!!!

WOW!

You always have BIG news for us...are we going to be country neighbours? :wubclub:

Or at least in the same continent? :laugh:

Hi Carolina, yes it looks like we will definitely be neighbours (If my move is before yours!!). Apparently as part of the new job I'll also have to visit Sao Paulo from time to time so I will get a chance to see some of Brazil too. I remember you saying how nice Natal is - where else is worth visiting in Brazil/South America? I've always wanted to see Machu Picchu in Peru.

Guest AustrAnglian
Congrats akosicoco!

Just wondering if there is any movement at all for the rest of us with NSW SS? There are visa grants for those who have SS from the other states/territories and have lodged their applications weeks after the NSW SMP was published. Why are we trailing behind? We're also supposed to be category 2!!

Just so tired of waiting :sad:

Hi Lobsters, in my case my agent thinks that there's been a problem with either NSW not sending form 1100 properly or DIAC not receiving it. My agent asked me if I was in a hurry, but as I have another 8 weeks to wait for Japanese PCCs anyway there's no benefit to me getting a CO immediately. Cat 3 movement suggests I will get a CO by then anyway so I'm leaving it for now.

I don't know if the timelines or procedures are the same for 475 visas but I'd check with DIAC to make sure you don't also have a problem with your form 1100. I've seen other posters on the CAT 2 thread contacting DIAC to confirm if their form 1100 arrived from the State. In some cases it hadn't and they had to follow up with their State to get the form sent/re-sent so DIAC before they were processed properly as a Cat 2. All the best.

Guest lobsters
Hi Lobsters, in my case my agent thinks that there's been a problem with either NSW not sending form 1100 properly or DIAC not receiving it. My agent asked me if I was in a hurry, but as I have another 8 weeks to wait for Japanese PCCs anyway there's no benefit to me getting a CO immediately. Cat 3 movement suggests I will get a CO by then anyway so I'm leaving it for now.

I don't know if the timelines or procedures are the same for 475 visas but I'd check with DIAC to make sure you don't also have a problem with your form 1100. I've seen other posters on the CAT 2 thread contacting DIAC to confirm if their form 1100 arrived from the State. In some cases it hadn't and they had to follow up with their State to get the form sent/re-sent so DIAC before they were processed properly as a Cat 2. All the best.

DIAC has confirmed receipt of form 1100 so that is not the problem. I am slowly but surely going insane waiting. Especially when visa applications recently lodged in category 2 are getting visa grants. I'm happy for those who are lucky but it is so unfair!

Guest akosicoco
DIAC has confirmed receipt of form 1100 so that is not the problem. I am slowly but surely going insane waiting. Especially when visa applications recently lodged in category 2 are getting visa grants. I'm happy for those who are lucky but it is so unfair!

Hi lobsters,

do you have a CO? have you filed yours online or paper based?

Hoepfully yours will come soon. Hang in there. :)

Guest lobsters
Hi lobsters,

do you have a CO? have you filed yours online or paper based?

Hoepfully yours will come soon. Hang in there. :)

Thanks akosicoco, and congrats to you!

We lodged online and according to DIAC a month ago our application would be allocated to a CO soon....and we're still waiting....our agent advised us to undergo the medicals and request PCC's to speeden things up. Let's hope it helps!

Guest Colorana
Thanks akosicoco, and congrats to you!

We lodged online and according to DIAC a month ago our application would be allocated to a CO soon....and we're still waiting....our agent advised us to undergo the medicals and request PCC's to speeden things up. Let's hope it helps!

Hi Lobsters,

Sorry to hear you do not have a CO yet. It must be quite frustrating!. It may be because all the Easter holidays. Have you tried to send a PLE (Post Lodgement Enquiry form) to DIAC?. Please see link below:

Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship

If you have a MA then he/she may need to do this on your behalf.

I have read in PIO that this method has been successful for some applicants.

Good luck and hope this helps. :smile:

Guest Colorana

Waw very exiting!.. You are really exploring the world! Bestest of luck from your second biggest fan (as you know Cazhoney is first!:smile:)

No news from my side. I continue waiting for our PCCs so that we can lodge all the docs at the same time. I will kee you posted. All the best with your move to Chile!

Guest Colorana
Hi Colorana,

I know you are a South African but I'm not. I am a Nigerian but Australian High Commission in South Africa is the Aus. visa issuing high commission to West African countries including Nigeria. I'm sure that is why my job verification had to be done by the South African office. they did not phone me but the chairman of the company of which I am the Chief Executive Officer.

Really I don't know when this internal checking process will end for me. My CO said it may take 2 or 3 months but I don't know why. CO refused to ask me to do Meds. He said he will reach me later

Well all the best. I know yours is moving faster but has your CO requested your Meds and PCC?

Hi Koko, thanks very much for your feedback. I know for some HR countries the internal and external checks take longer. I believe it also depends on the individual circumstances of the applicants. Hope everything runs smoothly for you.

In my case I got a CO at the end of March and he requested PCCs, tax certificates, copy of payslips for last 2 years, new forms 80. I have to submit all these docs by the end of this month. BTW I frontloaded our meds last year and DIAC aknowledged them (I think I was kind of lucky with doing this).

Guest lobsters
Hi Lobsters,

Sorry to hear you do not have a CO yet. It must be quite frustrating!. It may be because all the Easter holidays. Have you tried to send a PLE (Post Lodgement Enquiry form) to DIAC?. Please see link below:

Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship

If you have a MA then he/she may need to do this on your behalf.

I have read in PIO that this method has been successful for some applicants.

Good luck and hope this helps. :smile:

Thanks for the tip! :wink:

I've contacted our agent and am waiting for his reply. If unsatisfactory I'll ask him to send a PLE.

Guest lobsters

I can't believe it....but it's a fact!

Please turn me purple - VISA GRANTED today!!!

Name: Lobsters

Date of Visa application: 13/12/10

Trade/profession: Aircon & refrigeration mechanic

Nationality: Dutch

IELTS (if applicable): 6

Visa type: 475

DIAC Priority (if applicable): 2

Date of SS application: 28/10/10

Delays/further docs requested:

Date SS received: 06/12/10

Hey Lobsters!

Congratulations!!! You can start the barbecue for us!!!

Visa grant: 05/05/2011

Guest akosicoco
I can't believe it....but it's a fact!

Please turn me purple - VISA GRANTED today!!!

cograts lobsters! see you in Oz! :D

Guest lobsters
Hey Lobsters,

CONGRATS on your visa.that's gr8 news.Will be doing my medicals next week so hope to get ours soon .So, how long did it take you to get your visa after your medicals were finalised?

Thanks wensmal!

We did our medicals on 13 April, they were sent to Oz on the 18th and they were finalised by DIAC yesterday, the exact same day our CO picked up our file off her desk for further processing! The timing is unbelievable and we are sooooo happy!!

Guest lobsters
Hey Lobsters!

Congratulations!!! You can start the barbecue for us!!!

No problem, as soon as the house is sold we're outta here! :biglaugh:

Guest Colorana
No problem, as soon as the house is sold we're outta here! :biglaugh:

Huge congratulations....:wink:

Guest AustrAnglian

Congrats Lobsters! Always good to end the week with good news.

In summary I now make that 4 purples, 6 pinks and 6 blues, and we're through all the recent holidays so the processing should be back to full strength again. Wishing everyone more success next week!

Archived