New South Wales SS - Where are you now?

cazhoney

Guest Colorana
At the end of the week it's still 9 purples but now 3 pinks and 6 blues. Have a good weekend everyone.

It is sooo goood to see things are progressing in this thread!

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AustrAnglian

Hi everyone. Happy to report I have a CO so I'm now pink! My agent emailed this morning with the news. As expected DIAC haven't received my Form 1100 from NSW so have been in the Priority 3 queue. Luckily I've just completed all PCCs and meds are all finalised so hopefully we're almost there.

Hi everyone. Happy to report I have a CO so I'm now pink! My agent emailed this morning with the news. As expected DIAC haven't received my Form 1100 from NSW so have been in the Priority 3 queue. Luckily I've just completed all PCCs and meds are all finalised so hopefully we're almost there.

Hey Astranglian! :wubclub:

Finally!!! Congratulations!! :jiggy:Almost everyone have a CO now....

Congrats AustrAnglian, that's great news!

Guest Colorana

Huge congratulations Austranglian!!!!. It is good that your PCCs and meds are now finalised (what a coincidence!). I cannot undertsand why DIAC did not get your form 1100 from NSW. This has happened to so many NSW applicants that it is just scary. The biggest problem is that even if you have an agent they cannot do anything about it either!. I remember you advised me to ask my MA to confirm if DIAC had received form 1100. Well, at that point in time my MA said that DIAC could not confirm this. I then suggested he could send a PLE which he did. A few days later I received the news that I had a CO....sometimes I think that if I had not suggested my MA to send a PLE I would probably still waiting to be allocated a CO. Thanks very much again for your very opportune advise!.. Best of lucks and hope some day we can all have that planned BBQ :wink:... I am at the moment organising my big move to Sydney....life is soo exciting now!

Hey Colorana, excuse me for my ignorance but what is this form 1100 you are talking about.Coz I dont remember filling up this form. I just finished my medicals on the 6ht june so been waiting patiently for a CO which is taking ages. I am in CAT2 but nothing seems to be happining.My agent has not said anything either.just getting worried as I see many of cat2 Nsw getting co's and even visa grants I am still waiting for a CO.Any update will be appreciated.

Hey Colorana, excuse me for my ignorance but what is this form 1100 you are talking about.Coz I dont remember filling up this form. I just finished my medicals on the 6ht june so been waiting patiently for a CO which is taking ages. I am in CAT2 but nothing seems to be happining.My agent has not said anything either.just getting worried as I see many of cat2 Nsw getting co's and even visa grants I am still waiting for a CO.Any update will be appreciated.

Hi Wensmal,

when you receive the SS from a state, the state has to forward the 1100 form to DIAC.

Tell your agent to ask DIAC if they have received this form from NSW Government.

Carolina

Guest Baazighar

Hi,

I applied for NSW SS under SMP around 15 days back, I'm expecting to receive my SS anytime soon(hopefully). Mine is ICT occupation and it is listed in SMP list of NSW(and not in the list of any other regional areas), and I'm expecting to go to Sydney.

In the mean time i thought to finish the online appliaton(till final submit button or payment of fee), but i got stuck up in the middle, hope someone can help me.

My doubt is regarding the field "State or Territory Government Agency" in the online application. the list of values available against this field are like...

NSW - Australian Capital Region Development Council

NSW - Central Western Regional Development Board

NSW - Far Western REgional Development Board

NSW - Hunter councils Inc

NSW - Illawara Regional Development Board

NSW - Mount Isa Chamber of Commerce

NSW - Murray Regional Development Board Inc

NSW - NSW Dept of State and Regional Development

NSW - New England and North-West Small Business Centre

NSW - Northern Inland Regional Development Board

NSW - Northern Rivers Regional Development Board

NSW - Orana Development & Employment Council

NSW - Riverina Regional Development Board

All of them seem to be related to regional sponsorships. Can someone who applied online can tell me which of these values need to be selected?

Please find attached the screenshot of this.

Thanks for reading

nsw_state_or_territory_agency.JPG

nsw_state_or_territory_agency.JPG

That's the only choice which makes sense to me. Meantime, I hope someone would come along.

Good luck!!

armandra!

Guest Baazighar
That's the only choice which makes sense to me. Meantime, I hope someone would come along.

Good luck!!

armandra!

Thanks Armandra, thats what I thought but wanted to have opinion of others too. will wait for more opinions from already applied ones.

I see there are similar options for VIC also, i mean around 7-8 options, which one you selected? how did you conclude that one?

Thanks

Thanks Armandra, thats what I thought but wanted to have opinion of others too. will wait for more opinions from already applied ones.

I see there are similar options for VIC also, i mean around 7-8 options, which one you selected? how did you conclude that one?

Thanks

I went for "VIC - Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development" just because every other choice was corresponding to some or other Vic regional area (plain common sense actually, but for a minute even I was stuck at that question).

armandra!

Guest Baazighar
I went for "VIC - Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development" just because every other choice was corresponding to some or other Vic regional area (plain common sense actually, but for a minute even I was stuck at that question).

armandra!

Thanks Armandra! good luck with your application for 176.:wubclub:

Guest JoeyCT

Are the current state "quotas" only for the period June 2010 to 31 June 2011? Will there be new quotas from 1 July 2011?

Guest Baazighar
Are the current state "quotas" only for the period June 2010 to 31 June 2011? Will there be new quotas from 1 July 2011?

There will be new quotas from 1st July I guess, and as far as I know they didn't announced or stopped accepting applications for any occuptation. you can check with them by sending an email, they are quick in responding.

Good Luck.

PS: there is a mention of new smp from 1st july at bottom of the page(below url) saying "A new State Migration Plan is expected to apply from 1 July 2011"

https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visa-and-migration/state-migration-plan

Guest JoeyCT
There will be new quotas from 1st July I guess, and as far as I know they didn't announced or stopped accepting applications for any occuptation. you can check with them by sending an email, they are quick in responding.

Good Luck.

Thank you

Do you perhaps have the email address? Is it business@....?

Hey Austr Anglian,

Been veryupset and confused the whole day coz given to understand by my agent that i had moved up to cat 2 and hence my medicals and the police clearence were done which I had to spend a bit for that .I had done it for the second time .Before doing it I had confirmed anout my medicals.And checked the NSW SMP regarding my Occupation[vocational education teacher] sponsored by the murrey region. Just today mailed her and now someone else is handling my case and seems to say that my occupation is not mentioned and I am still in Cat 4.Very very upsetting .Please update me on this.

thanks.

Hi,

I applied for NSW SS under SMP around 15 days back, I'm expecting to receive my SS anytime soon(hopefully). Mine is ICT occupation and it is listed in SMP list of NSW(and not in the list of any other regional areas), and I'm expecting to go to Sydney.

In the mean time i thought to finish the online appliaton(till final submit button or payment of fee), but i got stuck up in the middle, hope someone can help me.

My doubt is regarding the field "State or Territory Government Agency" in the online application. the list of values available against this field are like...

All of them seem to be related to regional sponsorships. Can someone who applied online can tell me which of these values need to be selected?

Please find attached the screenshot of this.

Thanks for reading

Hi

are you applying for Regional SS?

because when I applied, I didn´t have to make this choice, but I didn´t apply for Regional SS....

Guest Baazighar
Hi

are you applying for Regional SS?

because when I applied, I didn´t have to make this choice, but I didn´t apply for Regional SS....

Hi,

thanks, and no its not regional SS, i intend to go to Sydney.

Thanks

Guest AustrAnglian
Hi,

thanks, and no its not regional SS, i intend to go to Sydney.

Thanks

Baazighar, if it's State-wide (ie. 176) then the code should be:

NSW - NSW Dept of State and Regional Development.

That's what my agent filled in for me - hope it helps.

Guest AustrAnglian
Hey Austr Anglian,

Been veryupset and confused the whole day coz given to understand by my agent that i had moved up to cat 2 and hence my medicals and the police clearence were done which I had to spend a bit for that .I had done it for the second time .Before doing it I had confirmed anout my medicals.And checked the NSW SMP regarding my Occupation[vocational education teacher] sponsored by the murrey region. Just today mailed her and now someone else is handling my case and seems to say that my occupation is not mentioned and I am still in Cat 4.Very very upsetting .Please update me on this.

thanks.

Hi Wensmal, this looks like a different issue to mine. In my case DIAC had no evidence that I'd been sponsored by NSW as they hadn't received the paperwork (Form 1100) from NSW. In your case it looks like DIAC acknowledge you've been sponsored, but they think your sponsorship is not on the NSW State Migration program for the region you've been sponsored for. Please advise your ANZSCO code and we can take a look on the NSW website for you and see if we can find you on the SMP.

Guest Baazighar
Baazighar, if it's State-wide (ie. 176) then the code should be:

NSW - NSW Dept of State and Regional Development.

That's what my agent filled in for me - hope it helps.

Thanks AustrAnglian! I thought of it but wanted to have a second opinion.

Thanks and good luck with your application.

Guest rex123

Today morning I called DIAC and after 50 minutes wait could be able to speak with an operator and get informed that i have been allocated with a CO. The operator informed me that this monday CO sent a mail to my agent requesting medicals and PCC , but my agent is not yet informed me regarding this. Will check with agent today.

Do operator know these things,I mean COs response?

Any way litle relaxed now.

Application date April 12 , Ack Mail May 10, Form 1100 May 16, CO 20 June( not confirmed officialy)----475 NSW Orana

Thanks Rex

Guest Colorana
Today morning I called DIAC and after 50 minutes wait could be able to speak with an operator and get informed that i have been allocated with a CO. The operator informed me that this monday CO sent a mail to my agent requesting medicals and PCC , but my agent is not yet informed me regarding this. Will check with agent today.

Do operator know these things,I mean COs response?

Any way litle relaxed now.

Application date April 12 , Ack Mail May 10, Form 1100 May 16, CO 20 June( not confirmed officialy)----475 NSW Orana

Thanks Rex

Fromy personal experience i can tell that COs are sometimes allocated and they do not immediately inform the candidates or their agents. In my case, I asked my agent to send a PLE (post lodgement enquiry form) to investigate if my form 1100 had indeed been received by DIAC (for a different reason) and my agent came back with the news my CO had been allocated a couples of days before. In conclusion, the flow of communication between DIAC and agents or applicants is not always so efficient. It may well be that DIAC have their own reasons for doing that...

Hi Wensmal, this looks like a different issue to mine. In my case DIAC had no evidence that I'd been sponsored by NSW as they hadn't received the paperwork (Form 1100) from NSW. In your case it looks like DIAC acknowledge you've been sponsored, but they think your sponsorship is not on the NSW State Migration program for the region you've been sponsored for. Please advise your ANZSCO code and we can take a look on the NSW website for you and see if we can find you on the SMP.

Hey Austr Anglian,i've been very upset with all this as I was waiting very patiently since 2009.Yeah its seems that I will have to wait till the 1st of july to see if the occupation is still on the list .Well my ANZSCO code is 2422-11[murrey region].

Archived