New South Wales SS - Where are you now?

cazhoney

Hi Carolina & All

Please add me in.. I thought I posted my details in here, sorry, seems I missed it..

Name: Baazighar

Date of Visa application: 29/06/2011

Trade/profession: Developer Programmer(261312)

Nationality: Indian

IELTS (if applicable): 8.0

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable): Prioirity 2

Date of SS application: 16th June

Delays/further docs requested: None

Date SS received: 29th June 2011

comments: NSW sent Form 1100 to DIAC

Welcome! :hug:

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Colorana
Thanks Colorana! I've actually been working on booking flights today to.......Santiago, Chile! Yes, I couldn't resist the opportunity given by my Company to see South America so I'm taking a detour on the way to Oz and will be going in about 2 weeks time. The validation trip to Sydney will be in January 2012 and then the permanent move will be after this final expat contract in Chile.

Congrats on getting as far as resigning - always a big deal. Hope the rest of the move goes smoothly for you.

Hi Austranglian...just to wish you lots of success in Chile. We may meet with Carolina quite shortlty....pity you will not have the chance to try her caipirinhas and enjoy our Braai....:sad:

Hi Austranglian...just to wish you lots of success in Chile. We may meet with Carolina quite shortlty....pity you will not have the chance to try her caipirinhas and enjoy our Braai....:sad:

What? Caipirinhas? Who´s making caipirinhas? :wacko:

Can I take alcohol into Australia? I will go first to Cingapore, have to check this too...

Guest AustrAnglian

Thanks Colorana.:hug: I will definitely get to Sydney early next year at the latest for validation so will let everyone know when I'm in town and we can see what's possible. In the mean-time you'll have to put up with my stories about Santiago and you'll have to keep us posted with how you all settle in when you get to Oz.

Guest Colorana

Sounds like a very good plan. It would be nice to keep in touch. It would also be interesting to know a bit more about Santiago. I will keep you posted on my settling in SYD. It may be useful for when you decide to take the plunge! :yes:

Thanks Colorana.:hug: I will definitely get to Sydney early next year at the latest for validation so will let everyone know when I'm in town and we can see what's possible. In the mean-time you'll have to put up with my stories about Santiago and you'll have to keep us posted with how you all settle in when you get to Oz.

Guest Colorana

You promised! and many times!....:mask:..just kidding :biglaugh::biglaugh:.

Seriously speaking let's do not stress about it. We may even be able to buy them somewhere overthere....(you can invite me...ja-ja :biglaugh:)

Can I take alcohol into Australia? I will go first to Cingapore, have to check this too...

Guest AustrAnglian

Carolina, Cachaça is available in Australia.

http://nicks.com.au/Product/Search?q=cachaca

Apparently Chile has it's own national cocktail called a Pesco Sour so I'll have to settle for one of those first...

Austranglian,

I recommend you the Ocean Pacific restaurant....do you like seafood?

We loved the restaurant....each room has a different decoration. We ate in one that had a giant whale skeleton, 70% original.

Carolina

You promised! and many times!....:mask:..just kidding :biglaugh::biglaugh:.

Seriously speaking let's do not stress about it. We may even be able to buy them somewhere overthere....(you can invite me...ja-ja :biglaugh:)

Who said I am stressed? :arghh:

My brother said I can take 1 liter of cachaça to Cingapore....was afraid I would have a death penalty if I took it....:eek: Or is death penalty there only for those who take chewing gum? :biglaugh:

Hi All,

I should have posted this about a week ago, but I've been super busy. I finally received a grant letter on July 4th; only a few days after uploading the final police clearance from the very slow US FBI. We will be heading to Sydney toward the end of March next year. I hope to meet some of you in person then.

Heather

Hi All,

I should have posted this about a week ago, but I've been super busy. I finally received a grant letter on July 4th; only a few days after uploading the final police clearance from the very slow US FBI. We will be heading to Sydney toward the end of March next year. I hope to meet some of you in person then.

Heather

Congrats Heather!! So pleased to see my neighbouring (me being Vic sponsored) applicants getting grants!!! :wink:

Good luck with the future move!!! :hug:

armandra!

Congratulatiosn Heather!! You are now PURPLE!

Name: sydneyCE (Heather)

Date of Visa application: 14/10/2010

Trade/profession: Civil Engineer

Nationality: USA

IELTS (if applicable): 9.0

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable): Priority 3 for now

Date of SS application: 15/09/2010

Delays/further docs requested: None yet

Date SS received: 13/10/2010

CO allocation: 19/04/2011

comments: Impatiently waiting for NSW SMP and Priority 2

Visa Grant: 04/07/2011

Guest Colorana
Who said I am stressed? :arghh:

My brother said I can take 1 liter of cachaça to Cingapore....was afraid I would have a death penalty if I took it....:eek: Or is death penalty there only for those who take chewing gum? :biglaugh:

Tell me about stress....we are moving like in 3 weeks time!:wacko:

Do not worry about the cachaca...it must be a mission to carry a heavy bottle all the way from Brazil....a glass of G&T in the pub will be OK for me!...Plus we do not want you to get killed in Singapur....:huh: scary stuff!

Guest Colorana
Hi All,

Heather

Hi Heather...congratulations. What a coincidence you got it on the 4 of July (you being American)...That is what I call "divine intervention".

Hope you meet you when you visit Sydney next year...I am moving there in 3 weeks time!..It is busy times for me!:wub:

Guest AustrAnglian

Congrats Heather, and good luck with the move Colorana!

Arrived in Santiago about 18 hours ago so very jetlagged (it's 4am here).

Guest AustrAnglian
Austranglian,

I recommend you the Ocean Pacific restaurant....do you like seafood?

We loved the restaurant....each room has a different decoration. We ate in one that had a giant whale skeleton, 70% original.

Carolina

Thanks Carolina, I love seafood so will look out for the place.

Austranglian,

are you crazy? 60 bucks in a bottle of cachaça? Do you have any idea how much it costs here? AU$5 maximum.....

Sooo funny! :hug: And, yes, of course I'm crazy - anyone who did business with DIAC in 2009 or 2010 needs therapy! Have a good trip to Australia and let us know how you got on.

hey all ,

Been very busy this whole week.So, that is why this break form you all.Regarding self??????????dont know where I stand with all these changes going around.My agent has been in touch with the DICA regarding my CAT2 processing but has not got any response from them till now.She has sent them 3 requests but nothing so far .So this is really stressing me out coz i have been waiting since sep 2009 .I guess my patience is running out and my stress levels are rising So, now I don't know anything about the time line now .Really the immigration dept has stresses out alot of people .And by the way a HUGE CONGRATS TO THE ONES WHO HAVE GOT THEIR VISAS.Enjoy getting things set for oz.

Few questions to all of you who have applied to nsw sponsorship as I am just looking to apply:

On the website it states one must "attain 65 points on the DIAC skills test". At the moment I have 60 points but the sponsorship from NSW would give me another 5 points, giving me 65 overall. I take it this is suitable?

On the application form 3, document checklist it recomme's including "Tab 8, Letters of reference". Is this different to employment references? Should it be from work colleague's on a more personal level or from family/friends giving my a personal reference?

How did you make payment from abroad? It doesn't mention anything about how you should make the payment.

Cheers!

Guest AustrAnglian
Few questions to all of you who have applied to nsw sponsorship as I am just looking to apply:

On the website it states one must "attain 65 points on the DIAC skills test". At the moment I have 60 points but the sponsorship from NSW would give me another 5 points, giving me 65 overall. I take it this is suitable?

On the application form 3, document checklist it recomme's including "Tab 8, Letters of reference". Is this different to employment references? Should it be from work colleague's on a more personal level or from family/friends giving my a personal reference?

How did you make payment from abroad? It doesn't mention anything about how you should make the payment.

Cheers!

Hi Bob, as long as your occupation is on the NSW SMP then you're a good candidate for NSW sponsorship and the extra points.

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visa-and-migration/state-migration-plan

With regards to the letters of reference, I supplied NSW with the same reference that I ultimately supplied to DIAC. If you follow the DIAC requirements you should also be OK with NSW - see DIAC's requirements under the "Evidence To Attach To Your Application" section at the bottom of the link below. There are 5 requirements set out in bullet points.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/eligibility-work-experience-study.htm

Sorry, I can't advise on payment. I used an agent so he took payment from my Visa card and then paid NSW on my behalf. Maybe send Beth Bull an email if you need additional guidance.

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visa-and-migration/contact-us

All the best with your application.

Guest Bob2008

Cheers!

Hello bob36,

What payment are you talking about?

1. Payment for sponsorship

I guess payment for sponsorship depends on the visa you are planning to apply.

1a. visa 176 State sponsored in the state of New South Wales has following requirements stated here (as AustrAnglian said above):

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visa-and-migration/skilled-sponsored-migration

It says:

The following application fees must be paid by bank cheque or money order payable to Industry & Investment NSW and enclosed with your application

1b. Visa 475 Regional sponsored.

For this visa sponsorship is given by the region. List of regions is given here:

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visa-and-migration/skilled-regional-migration

Every region has its own requirements. So you should look at their pages. Some regions take payments by a credit card. Some are by money order.

2. Payment for visa application itself is done via credit card through the Internet at the moment when you submit the application.

Guest Baazighar

Cheers!

For Letters of reference: I sent my employment references

and for payment: i sent a bank draft as there is no option of paying online or thru credit card. for NSW everything is manual, we need to send all certified documents, bank draft/cheque(from oz bank) and all the 3 filled in forms.

Good Luck

The payment I was asking about was to pay NSW for sponsorship of the 176 visa. Was just wondering if their was any alternative ways to pay as its going to be hard getting a bank draft/cheque in AUD here in the UK.

Guest Bob2008
The payment I was asking about was to pay NSW for sponsorship of the 176 visa. Was just wondering if their was any alternative ways to pay as its going to be hard getting a bank draft/cheque in AUD here in the UK.

Try asking the same bank that works on both sides.

Like .. HSBC? Maybe they can. Ozzie have Citibank too. (maybe someone who knows better can give some advice?)

I guess the only real alternative would be to ask someone in Australia do it for you.

Archived