New South Wales SS - Where are you now?

cazhoney

Guest Colorana
Hi...i rang diac today and i waited for 1 hour just for my call to be answered ...and they yold me that i just got a CO last 25 March!!!!!

Goodluck to us all :)

Congratulations Asereht. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. :biggrin:

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AustrAnglian
Hi...i rang diac today and i waited for 1 hour just for my call to be answered ...and they yold me that i just got a CO last 25 March!!!!!

Goodluck to us all :)

Congrats asereht01! That's 6/16 now confirmed with CO's.

Guest asereht01

Hello...1.5 hrs after i rang diac..i received an email from team 6 for my pre grant letter!!! I just frontloaded my medicals one week ago and frontloaded my PCC months ago...need to arrive before october 2011!!!!! 

Hello...1.5 hrs after i rang diac..i received an email from team 6 for my pre grant letter!!! I just frontloaded my medicals one week ago and frontloaded my PCC months ago...need to arrive before october 2011!!!!! 

OMG! That was quick!

Our first GRANT in this thread!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :jiggy:

You are now purple!

Name: asereht01

176 visa lodged: 12/10/09

457 visa granted: 28 Sept 2010

1st step to australia:10 Oct 2010

Moved to priority 2: 03 March 2011

Medicals frontloaded: 21/03/2011

PCC: months ago....

CO allocated: 25/03/2011

Visa grant: 29/03/2011

Guest asereht01

Thanks cazhoney!!

Maybe its also because im already here in australia 6 months ago on a 457 visa...but i have frontloaded my PCC before coming here and also frontloaded by medicals one week ago...they havent replied on my post lodgement query on the website that is why i called diac lat week and they told me that i dont have a CO yet..then i tried again today and there it was!!! Im from a HR country

Im pretty sure they are really working on the cat 2!!!

Gudluck to all..keep the faith!

Guest Colorana

That was super fast!!!...congratulations....

I am soo excited to see the first purple in this thread.:v_SPIN::v_SPIN::v_SPIN::v_SPIN::v_SPIN:

Guest rooperman

This morning I received an e-mail from DIAC with my visa grant! Totally out of the blue, had received no contact from a CO, or requests for further information.

I have to validate by Sep 2011.

Shouldn't be long for everyone in cat2 now.

This morning I received an e-mail from DIAC with my visa grant! Totally out of the blue, had received no contact from a CO, or requests for further information.

Huge Congratulations.........

Guest AustrAnglian

Congratulations! NSW applicants do really seem to be moving quickly now.

Hi Ben!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can´t believe it!! I didn´t know you took medicals and PCC already...I thought you gave up Australia!

When do you intend to go?

I am happy to turn you purple!

Carolina

Name: Ben (rooperman)

Date of Visa application: xx/11/2009

Trade/profession: Life scientist (NEC)

Nationality: British

IELTS (if applicable): NA

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable): Currently cat 4

Date of SS application: 2009

Delays/further docs requested:

Date SS received: Nov 2009

Visa Grant: 30/03/2011

Guest rooperman

Hi Carolina,

Had meds done a little over a year ago back when we were cat5, and things were moving.

I'll go over for a holiday in August I think.

I had virtually given up on my chances when I dropped to cat4. I started a new academic job at university late last year, so won't be able to move permanently for at least 18 months.

It is just nice knowing that I now have dates to work to, rather than the horrible limbo we have all been in these last months.

We can start planning the caipirinhas and bbq soon!

Ben

Hi Carolina,

Had meds done a little over a year ago back when we were cat5, and things were moving.

I'll go over for a holiday in August I think.

I had virtually given up on my chances when I dropped to cat4. I started a new academic job at university late last year, so won't be able to move permanently for at least 18 months.

It is just nice knowing that I now have dates to work to, rather than the horrible limbo we have all been in these last months.

We can start planning the caipirinhas and bbq soon!

Ben

Ben,

I have done medicals last week....got all the PCCs, now have to have them translated...Hope to have the visa in no more than 2 months!

I am planning to move there this year, hope I can make it before june!

You were the last person I was counting to have on the barbecue! I´ll make you a special capirinha! :wink:

Carolina

Guest AustrAnglian

So at the end of the week/end of March I make that 2 Purples, 5 Pinks and 9 Blues. Definitely some progress in the last week or two. Have a good weekend everyone!

Guest AustrAnglian

Hmmmm - did I jinx the thread last week? Looks like no movement at all this week for NSW applicants.....Enjoy your weekend.

Hi Austranglian,

I was kind of missing hearing from you guys.....very quiet hun?

I have done medicals last week, they sould arrive in Sidney today, or in the beginning of next week.

I am still having PCCs translated, and still waiting for IELTS result. So I guesse I won´t receive a visa in April.....

Carolina

Guest Colorana
Hmmmm - did I jinx the thread last week? Looks like no movement at all this week for NSW applicants.....Enjoy your weekend.

Hi AustrAnglian, Cazhoney and the rest of the team,

Yes, things have been very quiet. I guess very quiet in PIO but not in real life. In my case I have been compiling all the docs the CO asked. It is definitely not helping that the HR girl (in charge of printing the copies of my tax certificates) does not know how to use the software! :wacko:I hope I have more luck next week. I am also waiting for the PCCs which i guess will be ready within a month. I cannot wait to submit this final set of docs to the CO!

Have a great wekend you too and hope everything is running smoothly on your side :wink:

Guest AustrAnglian

Hey, great to hear from you guys! Although it's a lot of work it must be exciting to be in that final phase of responding to a CO.

We're travelling out for Easter break in a few days time and will be applying for U.A.E. and Japanese PCCs and completing the medicals during the trip because they can't be done from here, so I will also be a bit quiet until after the Easter weekend! I've just found out the Japanese PCCs take 10 weeks so definitely no visas here until at least June.......

Guest akosicoco

hi guys.

Yes, it is quiet indeed. On my part my CO requested for my medical and PCCs. My medical has been submitted and is finalised according to the online status. I have uploaded 1 PCC already. Waiting for 2 more. FBI Clearance can take upto 6 weeks and SG Police Clearance could take about 4 weeks. No other documents have been requested so far other than PCC and medical. I am hoping that no other documents are requested so that after I submit the 2 PCC I can just wait and hope that my visa is granted soon.

Goodluck to us all.

Guest lobsters

Something is happening at this end...:yes:

Our agent received an email from DIAC yesterday stating that our visa application will soon be allocated to a case office for assessment and applications that are complete are likely to be finalised more quickly. We have therefore decided to go ahead and get the medicals and PCC's done. Ooooh, it's getting exciting again!

About 2 weeks ago, I received an email stating that my priority group 3 application was anticipated to be allocated to a C.O. Within 3 months, and I could go ahead and obtain mess and pc's. I submitted a ple to diac and emailed beth bull to find out why I wasn't considered priority group 2. Never got a response from diac, but beth asked for my diac application number in order to submit a form 1100 to them. Just throwing this out there for others who might also have slipped through the cracks.

Something is happening at this end...:yes:

Our agent received an email from DIAC yesterday stating that our visa application will soon be allocated to a case office for assessment and applications that are complete are likely to be finalised more quickly. We have therefore decided to go ahead and get the medicals and PCC's done. Ooooh, it's getting exciting again!

Hey Lobsters, good to see that you too have applied on a 475 visa to the murrey region.That make two of us going to the same region.Yeah, I too applied on a 475 visa [vocational teacher] so got to know some one out there too.Will be uploading my PCC and medicals by next month so there will be no movement for me for some time .But wish you the best and hope to keep in touch .By the way which region are you planning to go? coz I have planned to go to Albury [well, don't know anything much about it though ] Anyway hoping for the best.

Guest Colorana
Hey, great to hear from you guys! Although it's a lot of work it must be exciting to be in that final phase of responding to a CO.

We're travelling out for Easter break in a few days time and will be applying for U.A.E. and Japanese PCCs and completing the medicals during the trip because they can't be done from here, so I will also be a bit quiet until after the Easter weekend! I've just found out the Japanese PCCs take 10 weeks so definitely no visas here until at least June.......

Good to hear from you too. Yes indeed it is an exciting to be in the final phase!

Hope you get your PCCs super fast. I will also be waiting more less the same period of time for mine. By the way when are you planning to move to Sydney/NSW?

Archived