New South Wales SS - Where are you now?

cazhoney

Guest AustrAnglian
thanks for the reply!

I have an MBA (Masters in Business Administration) with Finance as a major

Dunno whether that can be considered as equivalent to an accounting degree. Guess i can write to ICAA/CPAA/NIA and find out

Hi Taha, take a look at this link to the requirements listed by ICAA - I believe the other accounting bodies follow the same template.

Recognised accounting qualifications

You need to be able to demonstrate that your qualification covers 9 of the 12 core subjects with studies to a level comparable with an Australian batchelor's degree. Hope that helps.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AustrAnglian
Oh my god!!! I can´t believe ......... i got a co today

Congrats Sparrow! - good to see they are working through the 2009 guys first. Very happy for you.

Guest Colorana

Congratulations Sparrow.....It is sooooooo gooooooood to see movement in this thread!:yes:

Guest AustrAnglian
Hey Sparrow,

congrats on that and hope things really move fast for you.So, there is some hope down he line for me too.

Hi Wensmal - I agree this must be good news for you too. With Sparrow getting a CO as a Vocational Teacher it must mean this occupation is being processed as Cat 2 and not Cat 4 and therefore is on the SMP for NSW.

I am taking the liberty and adding Edjaiger to this thread:

Name: edjaiger

Date of Visa application: 26 October 2010

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Accountant

Visa type: SC 176

Which State Sponsored: NSW

Date of SMP Applications: 15 September 2010

Date of SMP Granted: 06 October 2010

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: N/A

Medicals submitted: Not yet

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned: 16 March 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable): N/A

Date visa granted: Not yet

Guest lobsters

Congratulations Sparrow!!!

Wonderful news and awesome to see that NSW sponsored visa applications are finally MOVING :wideeyed:

Name: David

Date of Visa application: once i have SS...

Trade/profession: Developer Programer

Nationality: Irish

IELTS (if applicable): none

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable): 2 i feckin hope

Delays/further docs requested: n/a

SS received: n/a

comments: hurry the feck up NSW

Hi Dave,

what´s your status now?

Guest sparrow
Sparrow,

how do you know you received a CO? Did you get an email?

I just turned you PINK!

yes cazhoney today morning 10 am i got email from co and requested to submit medicals and evidence of specific work experience. actually i have already taken medicals but not reach in my file.in work experience they asked me to submit 12 months pay slip which i submit only four months.other thing is that i had submited form 80 they asking submitting it again... night 10 pm i got a call from high commission it took 30 minitues to complete their enquiry at the same time they called employer as well. i don't know what is going on.......iam getting mad..... wait for the next ........

Hi Wensmal - I agree this must be good news for you too. With Sparrow getting a CO as a Vocational Teacher it must mean this occupation is being processed as Cat 2 and not Cat 4 and therefore is on the SMP for NSW.

Hey Austr Anglian, got a mail from my agent stating that she will find out the details and inform me about my position.Anyway with sparrow getting a CO I'm sure there is something positive for me .

Guest Colorana
yes cazhoney today morning 10 am i got email from co and requested to submit medicals and evidence of specific work experience. actually i have already taken medicals but not reach in my file.in work experience they asked me to submit 12 months pay slip which i submit only four months.other thing is that i had submited form 80 they asking submitting it again... night 10 pm i got a call from high commission it took 30 minitues to complete their enquiry at the same time they called employer as well. i don't know what is going on.......iam getting mad..... wait for the next ........

Hi Sparrow,

Thanks for sharing the info. Please let us know who within your company they contacted. Was it your direct boss or the HR Department?

I have just been shortlisted for a new job and (after reading your post) I think that this may be not the best time to resign from my current company. The last thing I would like to do is to spoil my visa application now that things are happening!!!. By the way I have an excellent relationship with my current boss but I am not so sure how he will take the news I am migrating. On the other hand if I resign he may not digest that very well either....

CAT 2 friends, I would appreciate some advise on this dilemma....resign or not resign from my current job now. :wacko: Thanks in advance.

Guest AustrAnglian
Hi Sparrow,

Thanks for sharing the info. Please let us know who within your company they contacted. Was it your direct boss or the HR Department?

I have just been shortlisted for a new job and (after reading your post) I think that this may be not the best time to resign from my current company. The last thing I would like to do is to spoil my visa application now that things are happening!!!. By the way I have an excellent relationship with my current boss but I am not so sure how he will take the news I am migrating. On the other hand if I resign he may not digest that very well either....

CAT 2 friends, I would appreciate some advise on this dilemma....resign or not resign from my current job now. :wacko: Thanks in advance.

Hi Colorana,

I think the first thing to say is that DIAC do not call up everyone's employer. Either it's at the discretion of the CO or they have an unpublished guideline they use to decide when they need to call. If your current experience/job title is exactly matched to your nominated occupation there may be less for them to investigate.

Secondly, even if DIAC make the call, they are not out for a character reference - they are just out to establish one simple fact - does your job content match/closely match your nominated occupation.

Remember also that even if you resign, your HR department must provide you with a reference. It won't say how good you were at your job (it doesn't need to) but it will state the period of your employment, your job title and salary. Once again, if your job title matches closely with your nominated occupation it is more persuasive.

At the time of lodging your application with DIAC you needed to provide an employer reference listing your top 5 job functions. It may be worthwhile getting the letter re-issued and re-dated right now to support the fact that you've continued in this work through to the current date.

With the NSW SMP published it's only a matter of days/weeks until you get a CO. If you act like you have already got a CO and start gathering all the paper evidence, then you will have lots to show the CO even if your current supervisor decides not to cooperate and take a call from DIAC. They can't deny you a visa just because your current/ex-boss is miffed with you resigning! People change jobs all the time. DIAC can't and don't expect people to put their lives on hold for 2-3 years while they wait for a visa. As long as there's no significant inconsistencies between what you've already told DIAC and your new workplace evidence I doubt you will have a problem.

Note that I don't have a CO and haven't been through the employer validation process - this is just my opinion and hopefully some objective common-sense. I know this visa application process makes us all hyper-paranoid from time to time! Good luck with whatever you decide.

Guest Colorana
Hi Colorana,

I think the first thing to say is that DIAC do not call up everyone's employer. Either it's at the discretion of the CO or they have an unpublished guideline they use to decide when they need to call. If your current experience/job title is exactly matched to your nominated occupation there may be less for them to investigate.

Secondly, even if DIAC make the call, they are not out for a character reference - they are just out to establish one simple fact - does your job content match/closely match your nominated occupation.

Remember also that even if you resign, your HR department must provide you with a reference. It won't say how good you were at your job (it doesn't need to) but it will state the period of your employment, your job title and salary. Once again, if your job title matches closely with your nominated occupation it is more persuasive.

At the time of lodging your application with DIAC you needed to provide an employer reference listing your top 5 job functions. It may be worthwhile getting the letter re-issued and re-dated right now to support the fact that you've continued in this work through to the current date.

With the NSW SMP published it's only a matter of days/weeks until you get a CO. If you act like you have already got a CO and start gathering all the paper evidence, then you will have lots to show the CO even if your current supervisor decides not to cooperate and take a call from DIAC. They can't deny you a visa just because your current/ex-boss is miffed with you resigning! People change jobs all the time. DIAC can't and don't expect people to put their lives on hold for 2-3 years while they wait for a visa. As long as there's no significant inconsistencies between what you've already told DIAC and your new workplace evidence I doubt you will have a problem.

Note that I don't have a CO and haven't been through the employer validation process - this is just my opinion and hopefully some objective common-sense. I know this visa application process makes us all hyper-paranoid from time to time! Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hi AustrAnglian,

Thanks very much for your super thorough reply. I really appreciate your time & info. It definitely made me feel much better. :cute:

The idea of getting a new updated letter from my current employers is an excellent one. I will definitely try to get one ASAP. More than likely I will have to go through the employment verification process as I am from a HR country. I believe most of the HR applicants have to go through it.

I am definitely paranoid. :wacko:Now I am thinking that if this new job materialises then my new employers may receive the employment verification call a few days/weeks after I start my work with them.....quite tricky. If I get the offer I will deifnitely need to weight all the pros and cons very carefully.

BTW my CO sent a PLE to DIAC to confirm if they recieved the form 1100....will update you when I get some news. Thanks again.

Guest AustrAnglian
Hi AustrAnglian,

Thanks very much for your super thorough reply. I really appreciate your time & info. It definitely made me feel much better. :cute:

The idea of getting a new updated letter from my current employers is an excellent one. I will definitely try to get one ASAP. More than likely I will have to go through the employment verification process as I am from a HR country. I believe most of the HR applicants have to go through it.

I am definitely paranoid. :wacko:Now I am thinking that if this new job materialises then my new employers may receive the employment verification call a few days/weeks after I start my work with them.....quite tricky. If I get the offer I will deifnitely need to weight all the pros and cons very carefully.

BTW my CO sent a PLE to DIAC to confirm if they recieved the form 1100....will update you when I get some news. Thanks again.

No worries - and I'm currently working on our medicals so will be due my own moments of paranoia shortly - I'll let you know when I need a pep-talk!

Hi Colorana,

I´m your biggest fan.

Guest sparrow
Hi Sparrow,

Hi Colorana,

they contacted the HR Department ......I'm very pleased that AusterAnglian has dealt with your query........as cazhoney said he is a total star, bless him ......:laugh:Cheers

Guest sparrow

Hi AustrAnglian,

how i can understand that they are happy with their verification......if not will they inform me ? i think it is ok but iam curious.....:mad:

Guest Colorana
Hi Colorana,

they contacted the HR Department ......I'm very pleased that AusterAnglian has dealt with your query........as cazhoney said he is a total star, bless him ......:laugh:Cheers

Thanks for your reply Sparrow! :wink:. Sounds like you are also a big fan of AustrAnglian ....Would you like to be his third biggest fan? :biglaugh:

Guest sparrow
Thanks for your reply Sparrow! :wink:. Sounds like you are also a big fan of AustrAnglian ....Would you like to be his third biggest fan? :biglaugh:

surely .....i am the third biggest fan:laugh:

Archived