New South Wales SS - Where are you now?

cazhoney

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AustrAnglian

Thanks guys - you're going to make me blush! :wubclub: :hug:

A lot of people on PIO helped me in the middle of last year when our application almost fell apart with all the changes and it's been good to share the journey since then. Going to Sydney late last year also really helped remind me why we're dealing with all this bureaucracy. Glad the positive energy hasn't worn off yet!

Guest AustrAnglian

Hey guys, according to this ALL Cat 2's up to 18 March 2011 have been allocated to CO's. No exceptions mentioned for NSW that was in their last message.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/109797-18-march-2011-general-skilled-migration-processing-information.html

We're all being processed - we just don't know it yet! Nice way to start a Friday! Have a good weekend everyone.

Guest Colorana
Hey guys, according to this ALL Cat 2's up to 18 March 2011 have been allocated to CO's. No exceptions mentioned for NSW that was in their last message.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/109797-18-march-2011-general-skilled-migration-processing-information.html

We're all being processed - we just don't know it yet! Nice way to start a Friday! Have a good weekend everyone.

Thanks very much for the super news AustrAnglian.....It is soooo exciting to know things are happening! :jiggy:I will definitely have a great weekend after these news.

It is just amazes me that I have more news through PIO than through my MA.

Guest AustrAnglian
Thanks very much for the super news AustrAnglian.....It is soooo exciting to know things are happening! :jiggy:I will definitely have a great weekend after these news.

It is just amazes me that I have more news through PIO than through my MA.

Talk of the devil - My agent just forwarded an email from DIAC. It doesn't say I have a CO but see the attached link for the contents - other posters are also getting the same email today so I won't re-post the whole thing again:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91482-new-category-3s-where-you-now-420.html#post1025751

Guest VeeTix

Hi everyone

My husband received sponsorship from NSW under developer programmer 261312.

We applied in October 2010 for 176 and thought we were now on category 2.

However this morning he received an email from Diac stating that he is Category 3 and that he should be allocated a CO in the next 3 months.

We think he should be Cat 2. Anyone else received this mail from DIAC? How can we be sure what Category we are in now?

Thanks for any help!

Guest AustrAnglian
Hi everyone

My husband received sponsorship from NSW under developer programmer 261312.

We applied in October 2010 for 176 and thought we were now on category 2.

However this morning he received an email from Diac stating that he is Category 3 and that he should be allocated a CO in the next 3 months.

We think he should be Cat 2. Anyone else received this mail from DIAC? How can we be sure what Category we are in now?

Thanks for any help!

Hi VeeTix - I got exactly the same email and I am also Cat 2. In my opinion this is just a typo from DIAC and I wouldn't worry about it. DIAC intended to send the email to all remaining Cat 2's who haven't already heard from a CO, plus all Cat 3's who applied in 2009 and are likely to hear from a CO in the next 3 months. It is their attempt to have us now preload our medicals and PCC's so they can process us faster when it's our turn.

I also applied in October 2010 and if we really were in Cat 3 we would not have received this email. There is no chance that they will clear the backlog of Cat 3 from June 2009 to October 2010 within 3 months. Take this as confirmation that you will receive a CO soon, and not a confirmation of your priority group. All the best.

Guest VeeTix

Thanks AustrAnglian!

It sounds correct what you are saying. But I am worried when I see on the Cat 3 thread people who applied in 2011 also getting this letter - it looks very confusing and no way that DIAC will be processing everyone in the next 3 months. What worries me most is them stating that we are Cat 3. My husband has sent a mail to Beth to enquire whether NSW sent form 1100 to DIAC. Did you have this confirmation from NSW for yourself?

Guest AustrAnglian
Thanks AustrAnglian!

It sounds correct what you are saying. But I am worried when I see on the Cat 3 thread people who applied in 2011 also getting this letter - it looks very confusing and no way that DIAC will be processing everyone in the next 3 months. What worries me most is them stating that we are Cat 3. My husband has sent a mail to Beth to enquire whether NSW sent form 1100 to DIAC. Did you have this confirmation from NSW for yourself?

Hi, a lot of posters on the Cat 3 thread are suggesting that DIAC have an auto-email problem - the email has gone to too many folk who shouldn't have got it yet, plus the wrong priority shown for some of us.

As far as I'm aware the form 1100 delivery problem only affects applicants who lodged their visa app before June 2010 - i.e. they applied first for a 175 and later added SS to convert to a 176. From July 2010 onwards we had to obtain SS first, and we had to provide the SS reference number on our DIAC visa application (if you filed electronically), so the dots were all joined up right from the beginning. There's no possible way DIAC could mistake our applications as 175's and put us in the wrong queue.

If you are concerned your best bet is to send a PLE to DIAC asking them to confirm your priority status. Ultimately it doesn't matter what NSW think - it's DIAC who handle the priority processing so their version of the truth is the important one. See attached link to PLE in case you need it. All the best.

General Skilled Migration Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form

Guest Colorana
Hi VeeTix - I got exactly the same email and I am also Cat 2. In my opinion this is just a typo from DIAC and I wouldn't worry about it. DIAC intended to send the email to all remaining Cat 2's who haven't already heard from a CO, plus all Cat 3's who applied in 2009 and are likely to hear from a CO in the next 3 months. It is their attempt to have us now preload our medicals and PCC's so they can process us faster when it's our turn.

I also applied in October 2010 and if we really were in Cat 3 we would not have received this email. There is no chance that they will clear the backlog of Cat 3 from June 2009 to October 2010 within 3 months. Take this as confirmation that you will receive a CO soon, and not a confirmation of your priority group. All the best.

Yes, I agree it looks it is just a typo. I think we can advise DIAC staff to sit the IELTS so that they do not do this kind of serious mistakes (and in an email sent to so many people)!!!! :mad:

Guest Colorana
Yes, I agree it looks it is just a typo. I think we can advise DIAC staff to sit the IELTS so that they do not do this kind of serious mistakes (and in an email sent to so many people)!!!! :mad:

Sorry for my own typos above....:biglaugh:

Guest VeeTix

Thanks, hope it is a typo. Will send the PLE to Diac - thanks for the link!

Hope we will all get confirmations of Cat 2 and CO on Monday!! :)

Guest AustrAnglian
Thanks, hope it is a typo. Will send the PLE to Diac - thanks for the link!

Hope we will all get confirmations of Cat 2 and CO on Monday!! :)

VeeTix, do you want to send in your details so Carolina can add you into page 1 of the thread and we can welcome you properly to the NSW Barbecue Club?

Hey Austr Anglian,

Its good to see you fan club slowly but surely increasing.Regarding the update I am quite disappointed with my agent as its been four days now and she has not replied to my update regarding the Cat 2.I have sent her two mails trying to get some info from her side but I guess she is still digging for some news.Its really very frusting not gettting anything confirmed .:arghh:

Guest AustrAnglian
Hey Austr Anglian,

Its good to see you fan club slowly but surely increasing.Regarding the update I am quite disappointed with my agent as its been four days now and she has not replied to my update regarding the Cat 2.I have sent her two mails trying to get some info from her side but I guess she is still digging for some news.Its really very frusting not gettting anything confirmed .:arghh:

Yeah - I got one of those emails yesterday which says I'm in Cat 3. Agent thinks it's either a glitch or NSW still getting their act together sending 1100's to DIAC after finalising their SMP, but he's going to check it out anyway and find out what's going on. I'll also let you know if my agent finds out anything interesting.

Guest AustrAnglian
Has anyone uploaded medicals and Police Checks?

We've started with some meds done and some PCCs done and I expect we'll have all of ours completed and submitted to DIAC by the end of April. Hoping this gets us into this year's quota!

Guest AustrAnglian
I still don´t know if I am Cat 2 or 3....

I have printed my medical forms, and they state I am 175!!!

I have sent a PLE to DIAC asking if I am being considered as a Cat 2, and had no answer.....

Hopefully they never received your Form 1100! No reason to help them find it now that you have a CO.

Guest akosicoco
I was contacted by my CO today! Soooooooooooooo happy....Team 6.

And now I know: I am being considered as a 176.

Hi cazhoney,

I am Team 6 as well and Jonathon Trainer is my CO. He contacted me last Wednesday (March 16) and gave me 28 days to complete my PCC and Medical. But I requested for extension as I still need to get FBI clearance which will take more than 28 days. And he gave me extension.

Who's your CO?

Archived