New South Wales SS - Where are you now?

cazhoney

Guest VeeTix

Please add us to the NSW thread :)

Name: VeeTix

Date of Visa application: 31/10/2010

Trade/profession: Developer Programmer (spouse)

Nationality: French (spouse), South African

IELTS (if applicable): Yes

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable): Should be 2

Date of SS application: Aug/Sep 2010

Delays/further docs requested:

Date SS received: Oct 2010, 1 month to arrive in South Africa through registered mail

comments:

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Colorana
We've started with some meds done and some PCCs done and I expect we'll have all of ours completed and submitted to DIAC by the end of April. Hoping this gets us into this year's quota!

We frontloaded our meds (on our own initiative) in May 2010 but not sure if they are valid. We checked on line and they still appear as pending. We may have to do them again. We are waiting for a CO to confirm the above.

Guest Colorana
Hi cazhoney,

I am Team 6 as well and Jonathon Trainer is my CO. He contacted me last Wednesday (March 16) and gave me 28 days to complete my PCC and Medical. But I requested for extension as I still need to get FBI clearance which will take more than 28 days. And he gave me extension.

Who's your CO?

Hi Akosikoko,

Are you are a NSW applicant? If so, would you like to ask Cazhoney to add your timeline to this thread? We would like more people to join this thread.

Guest akosicoco
Hi Akosikoko,

Are you are a NSW applicant? If so, would you like to ask Cazhoney to add your timeline to this thread? We would like more people to join this thread.

Hi Colorona,

Yes. I am a NSW SS applicant. Here are my details so you can add me up:

Name: akosicoco

Date of Visa application: 02/01/2011

Trade/profession: Developer Programmer

Nationality: Filipino

DIAC Priority (if applicable): Priority 2

Date of SS application: 14/12/2010

Date SS received: 17/12/2010

Date C/O assigned: 16/03/2011

comments: My CO gave me 28 days to send medical and PCCs. I requested for extension since I am waiting for my FBI clearance which takes quite sometime. My CO gave me until end of May. Done with my medical last 19/03/2010. PCC's on-going.

Thanks!

Hey Austr Anglian,

Its good to see you fan club slowly but surely increasing.Regarding the update I am quite disappointed with my agent as its been four days now and she has not replied to my update regarding the Cat 2.I have sent her two mails trying to get some info from her side but I guess she is still digging for some news.Its really very frusting not gettting anything confirmed .:arghh:

Hi AustrAnglian, just got a conformation from my agent that I'm in Cat 2.So, its real gooood news for me now.Just hoping everything goes off well.She said that she will update me on any further news.Atleast I know that I'm someway in line.Prayers are surely getting answered.:jiggy:

Hi cazhoney,

I am Team 6 as well and Jonathon Trainer is my CO. He contacted me last Wednesday (March 16) and gave me 28 days to complete my PCC and Medical. But I requested for extension as I still need to get FBI clearance which will take more than 28 days. And he gave me extension.

Who's your CO?

His name is Marlon, don´t remember his last name....

COngratulations!!! Our barbecue is getting closer!!

Please add us to the NSW thread :)

Name: VeeTix

Date of Visa application: 31/10/2010

Trade/profession: Developer Programmer (spouse)

Nationality: French (spouse), South African

DIAC Priority (if applicable): Should be 2

Date of SS application: Aug/Sep 2010

Date SS received: Oct 2010, 1 month to arrive in South Africa through registered mail

comments:

Welcome to our thread!

Hi Colorona,

Yes. I am a NSW SS applicant. Here are my details so you can add me up:

Name: akosicoco

Date of Visa application: 02/01/2011

Trade/profession: Developer Programmer

Nationality: Filipino

DIAC Priority (if applicable): Priority 2

Date of SS application: 14/12/2010

Date SS received: 17/12/2010

Date C/O assigned: 16/03/2011

comments: My CO gave me 28 days to send medical and PCCs. I requested for extension since I am waiting for my FBI clearance which takes quite sometime. My CO gave me until end of May. Done with my medical last 19/03/2010. PCC's on-going.

Thanks!

Welcome friend! I have added your details to the front page! :hug:

Guest AustrAnglian
We frontloaded our meds (on our own initiative) in May 2010 but not sure if they are valid. We checked on line and they still appear as pending. We may have to do them again. We are waiting for a CO to confirm the above.

Hi Colorana, from what I've seen in the way other applicants were treated, provided you get a CO before May (which is very likely) then your previous meds will still be valid, and the CO has some discretion to extend their validity (to 15 months I believe) but it may require you to make the validation trip before the 15 months date (i.e. enter Australia by August 2011). If you want a longer time to make your validation trip it may be worth your while re-doing the meds. Same applies to PCCs.

Guest Colorana
Hi Colorana, from what I've seen in the way other applicants were treated, provided you get a CO before May (which is very likely) then your previous meds will still be valid, and the CO has some discretion to extend their validity (to 15 months I believe) but it may require you to make the validation trip before the 15 months date (i.e. enter Australia by August 2011). If you want a longer time to make your validation trip it may be worth your while re-doing the meds. Same applies to PCCs.

Thanks very much for the info! :cute:

Guest akosicoco

Hi everyone,

Sorry I'm new here. I would just like to ask how do I submit police clearances? Do I mail the original copy to my CO or do I scan it and upload it online? I lodge my application online.

Thank you very much in advance!

Guest AustrAnglian
Hi everyone,

Sorry I'm new here. I would just like to ask how do I submit police clearances? Do I mail the original copy to my CO or do I scan it and upload it online? I lodge my application online.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi, I believe you can just upload a colour scan. I have an agent so have not done this myself, but agent was happy to receive my emails with colour scans of PCCs attached so believe he then uploads.

Guest akosicoco
Hi, I believe you can just upload a colour scan. I have an agent so have not done this myself, but agent was happy to receive my emails with colour scans of PCCs attached so believe he then uploads.

Thank you very much AustrAnglian! Appreciate it. :)

Guest Colorana

Hi NSW Cat 2 friends,

This is just to let you know my MA emailed this morning to say we have a CO!. It seems our meds are valid as they were not requested by the CO.

We have 28 days to submit the police clearance certificates, a new form 80, change of circumstances form and tax returns for last two years.

I am over the moon and the sun....I cannot believe this is finally happening!!!

Cazhoney please turn me PINK!. Thanks in advance.

Hi NSW Cat 2 friends,

This is just to let you know my MA emailed this morning to say we have a CO!. It seems our meds are valid as they were not requested by the CO.

We have 28 days to submit the police clearance certificates, a new form 80, change of circumstances form and tax returns for last two years.

Congratulations!!!!!

Let see how fast Cat 2 & 3 get grant which may make a narrow window for us.

Guest AustrAnglian
Hi NSW Cat 2 friends,

Congrats Colorana! I was just thinking that this might be a slow week for NSW but that keeps the momentum going. They've skipped over a couple of 2009 applicants so hopefully they'll also have some news imminently.

Guest sparrow
Hi NSW Cat 2 friends,

Congrats Colorana! ....................

Congratulations Colorana! You are now PINK!! :rolleyes:

Name: Colorana

Date of Visa application: 15/04/2010

Trade/profession: Environmental Engineer

Nationality: South African

IELTS (if applicable): 7.5

DIAC Priority (if applicable): 2

Date of SS application: 23/03/2010

Date SS received: 30/03/2010

CO allocation: 24/03/2011

Comments:

Great to see another environmental engineer moving forward....

Guest lobsters
Hi NSW Cat 2 friends,

Hi Colorana, so glad to read your GOOD NEWS! Congrats and good luck!!! :cute:

Guest lijuv

Hi, I'm glad to join you all.

I got my sponsorship on 11 March, 2011 and my 475 visa will be e-lodged by my agent very soon.

BTW, I would like to thank lobsters again for his useful info on getting a sponsorship from Murray.:biggrin:

Guest Colorana
Congrats Colorana! I was just thinking that this might be a slow week for NSW but that keeps the momentum going. They've skipped over a couple of 2009 applicants so hopefully they'll also have some news imminently.

Thanks very much AustrAnglian. I also hope all the 2009 get a CO super quickly. It is not nice at all to be skipped over!

Guest Colorana
Congratulations Colorana! You are now PINK!! :rolleyes:

Name: Colorana

Date of Visa application: 15/04/2010

Trade/profession: Environmental Engineer

Nationality: South African

IELTS (if applicable): 7.5

DIAC Priority (if applicable): 2

Date of SS application: 23/03/2010

Date SS received: 30/03/2010

CO allocation: 24/03/2011

Comments:

Great to see another environmental engineer moving forward....

Thanks very much Cazhoney. I am more than keen to help improve the environment in that side of the world. I know it sounds cheesy but that is my mission in life!...well my professional mission. :wubclub:

Thanks very much AustrAnglian. I also hope all the 2009 get a CO super quickly. It is not nice at all to be skipped over!

Hey Colorana,I'm too in CAT 2 and hoping I do get a CO fast.MY agent seems to say that CO'S for CAT 2 will be alloted within the next 3 months.So according to me it should be anytime before june.Hoping I get a CO very soon and all the best for your preparations to OZ.:yes:

Guest asereht01

Hi...i rang diac today and i waited for 1 hour just for my call to be answered ...and they yold me that i just got a CO last 25 March!!!!!

Goodluck to us all :)

Archived