So whos moving to Perth? Lets all chat

Guest jmorris

Guest rico123
Who knows, we may just meet up on the other side! Good luck guys, I hope it all goes well for you.

Sounds good to us!!Where about in Scotland are u from???We're edinburgh.I cant wait to get there now and get some proper sunshine...soo much to organise before we go tho.x

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MongooseB
Sounds good to us!!Where about in Scotland are u from???We're edinburgh.I cant wait to get there now and get some proper sunshine...soo much to organise before we go tho.x

Hey there!

We are in Livingston, not far from you at all! Hubby received the contract from the company who have also advised that their migration officer has been given all the necessaries to get things moving. He will be going over on a 3 month probation before our daughters and I join him, but we are cool about that. I echo your sentiments on "proper sunshine", CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

Too much to do, too little time to do it all!

:wacko:

Guest rico123
Hey there!

We are in Livingston, not far from you at all! Hubby received the contract from the company who have also advised that their migration officer has been given all the necessaries to get things moving. He will be going over on a 3 month probation before our daughters and I join him, but we are cool about that. I echo your sentiments on "proper sunshine", CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

Too much to do, too little time to do it all!

:wacko:

How exciting!!Is ur hubby's job offshore??My hubby(eric) is a self employed joiner..he's just about to sit his offshore survival and has a friend in recruitment who has said he'd help him out with an offshore job..im hoping with a little experience he may be able to go down the same route in perth.I have a friend who's from SA emmigrating to perth at the same time as us....hopefully we can all meet up for a drink or two...it helps when everyone is in the same boat.Good luck again.x

Hi ya

Yea it looks nice NOR and cheaper, just depends where my husband gets offered a job.

Have you and your wife got jobs to go to? It is such a big decision to up roots and emigrate - what made you decide? I was sick of being cool and teaching PE in the rain lol.

My sister and mother in law have not been very supportive so far but are coming around slowly,anyone else having this problem.

Hi there

We live south of the river and no, north of the river is not cheaper, its more expensive and that includes rentals when we were looking. The other thing that would put me off living north of the river is the inclement weather. They seem to have it pretty bad up there with hail stones the size of golf balls and storms are worse. When i hear the news i am glad to be living south of the river. :biggrin:

Guest DippyD

Hi there noticed you have been sponsored by Perth and was wondering if you could give us any advise on filling out the state sponsorship form - many thanks in advance

Guest gilly
Hi, Can I join you lot??

I am Suzanne and nurse and will be coming over with my hubby and two kids who are 9 and 7. We are hoping to move over to Perth early part of next year nd would like to live in the NOR suburbs around Joondalup.

I have an interview with Joondalup health campus in 2 weeks time and am hoping for visa sponsorship. Just about to send off my application to AHPRA. so still very early days but we have ourheart set on Perth and detemined to make it over there

Hi Suzanne, Im a nurse to and looked around Joondalup health campus when we visited Perth in March this year. I had a brilliant guided tour around the accident and emergency dept by someone called Kirsty, she was so friendly and welcoming, she was originaly from Scotland. I am still in uk at moment trying to sell our house. I think it would be a great place to work. How did the interview go, was it by tel. if so how was it arranged. So many questions sorry:wubclub: Im just so keen to go:jiggy:

Hi I am only just sent my 176 but am hoping to be in Perth this time next year (fingers crossed). I have never been to Oz before but I have always wanted to take the plunge!! Any info anyone can give me would be appreciated!!

Hi I am only just sent my 176 but am hoping to be in Perth this time next year (fingers crossed). I have never been to Oz before but I have always wanted to take the plunge!! Any info anyone can give me would be appreciated!!

Hi sarab,

We hope to be there this time next year or maybe a little later. Why don't you join the "176 lodged June 2011 gang" thread ! :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

So glad I found this thread as the nerves are really starting to kick in now!!

We are flying out to Perth next tues (28th June) this is permanent as we have already been on a reccie last october for a month.We have 2 children, Cameron age 8 & Isabelle age 5. There will be myself, Hayley 27 & my husband Steve who is 32 & a plasterer. We are renting a holiday home in Mindarie for a month then hoping to sort out a longer term rental with a pool when we are there. We are hiring a car aswell for a couple of weeks as this should give us time to buy a car (we want a 4 wheel drive so if anyone is selling one let me know!). Would be great to meet u with people as we would love to hear peoples experiences when moving to Perth & would greatly appreciate any advice.

Anyway back to the packing up! we have the packers coming on Wednesday from Robinsons!! Its mad you don’t realise how much stuff you have until you sort it all out. Cant wait to de-stress with a glass of wine on that plane!! Mind you the stress will start again no doubt when we land!! :v_SPIN::v_SPIN:

Hi All,

Dont think ive posted here yet, so might as well chip in.

Am flying out 8th July, git a wee home booked for the month in clarkson, and a job i start on 18th, so have about a week to relax and possibly find a longer term rental.

Theres me, Haroon, 34, in IT, and my wife, Saadia, 34, childcare/teaching assistant. She won't be working, but will probably look and see whats out there and available.

we're heading from Glasgow, via emirates.

I've still got tons of packing to do, am not shipping anything big, so everythings going to go via voovit.

Anyway, love to hear from anyone when i'm there, will hopefulyl catch up and put names to faces once we're out there.

Meanwhile, back to work right now for me... another week of this before i can start to unwind!

Hi Everyone,

We are flying out to Perth next tues (28th June) this is permanent as we have already been on a reccie last october for a month.We have 2 children, Cameron age 8 & Isabelle age 5. There will be myself, Hayley 27 & my husband Steve who is 32 & a plasterer. We are renting a holiday home in Mindarie for a month then hoping to sort out a longer term rental with a pool when we are there. We are hiring a car aswell for a couple of weeks as this should give us time to buy a car (we want a 4 wheel drive so if anyone is selling one let me know!). Would be great to meet u with people as we would love to hear peoples experiences when moving to Perth & would greatly appreciate any advice.

Anyway back to the packing up! we have the packers coming on Wednesday from Robinsons!! Its mad you don’t realise how much stuff you have until you sort it all out. Cant wait to de-stress with a glass of wine on that plane!! Mind you the stress will start again no doubt when we land!! :v_SPIN::v_SPIN:

good luck with your move, maybe one day we can meet up after we have moved over in Jan, we prob moving to joondalup area.

chris and elaine:hug:

Hi Everyone,

Yes you will be stressed for at least the first month whilst you are getting things sorted out and probably after that too! We had to make loads of trips to the charity shop and the tip before we had finished packing altogether, its amazing how much stuff you tend to hoard. We have been here 16 months now but we live in Secret Harbour which is south of the river (over an hour away from Mindarie). Mindarie is nice but we found it more expensive in that area plus the weather tends to be a bit more erratic than south of the river. If you want any advice on anything please ask and i will try and help, in the meantime enjoy your flight over and bring your jumpers as its quite cold at the moment especially first thing in the morning and from about teatime onwards. :biggrin:

Guest HighlanderHeather

I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone as I'm flying out to Perth on Thursday. The butterflies are raging in my tummy and I cannot wait to get there and join my husband, who was sponsored by the W.A government and has been working there for several months already. Even though it's winter there I am glad to be going now to gradually get used to the heat. I can't share my excitement with my family as they don't share my excitement but I know all of you on here will understand when I say: THREE DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Guest janeubu
Hi Everyone,

hi hayley how exciting for u guys...im from solihull where near bham are u?my oh is a chippy so would be great to hear how your hubby gets on with work?did u love perth when u went?we only been eastcoast so never wa so very scary but exciting,we land in jan so noy long know:biggrin:

Yes you will be stressed for at least the first month whilst you are getting things sorted out and probably after that too! We had to make loads of trips to the charity shop and the tip before we had finished packing altogether, its amazing how much stuff you tend to hoard. We have been here 16 months now but we live in Secret Harbour which is south of the river (over an hour away from Mindarie). Mindarie is nice but we found it more expensive in that area plus the weather tends to be a bit more erratic than south of the river. If you want any advice on anything please ask and i will try and help, in the meantime enjoy your flight over and bring your jumpers as its quite cold at the moment especially first thing in the morning and from about teatime onwards. :biggrin:

Mindarie is more expensive but not sure how you get that the weather NOR is more erratic than SOR. In all my years of forums that has to rank as the most bizarre statement :wink:

Mindarie is more expensive but not sure how you get that the weather NOR is more erratic than SOR. In all my years of forums that has to rank as the most bizarre statement :wink:

I have a friend that lives in the Northern suburbs and when we have storms in Perth it generally affects the northern suburbs as opposed to the southern suburbs also the big hail stones like golf balls were towards north perth, we didnt have that down here in Mandurah :arghh:

Guest Gina and Gary
I have a friend that lives in the Northern suburbs and when we have storms in Perth it generally affects the northern suburbs as opposed to the southern suburbs also the big hail stones like golf balls were towards north perth, we didnt have that down here in Mandurah :arghh:

We're coming out in October and hoping to head to Mandurah as loved it when we visited on holiday. Our only concern is that it might be too far out from Perth so will have to see where we find jobs. Can you recommend which areas are nice to live in? Have heard house prizes are pretty good there at the moment, fingers crossed the exchange rate picks up by Oct!

We are looking into moving around late 2012. My husband is a carpenter and we have 2 kids aged 8 and 6. It is scary to think of moving to another country with thoughts like whether jobs are available, cost of living but then when you think of the children it is the best decision.

We're coming out in October and hoping to head to Mandurah as loved it when we visited on holiday. Our only concern is that it might be too far out from Perth so will have to see where we find jobs. Can you recommend which areas are nice to live in? Have heard house prizes are pretty good there at the moment, fingers crossed the exchange rate picks up by Oct!

Well i live in Secret Harbour which is very nice, however, if you dont want to live near the beach, Baldivis is nice too. Secret Harbour is about 10-15 minutes further north than Mandurah. Port Kennedy is ok but i prefer SH.

There are jobs all round really depending on what you do, however they seem to be more in and around the Perth CBD and the money seems to be better that way as well as opposed for further South. :biggrin:

Archived