So whos moving to Perth? Lets all chat

Guest jmorris

Guest MongooseB
hi i am a nurse with a 457 visa i fly from the uk on 11th feb scared now. hubby gonna follow me out 6 weeks later. i start my job on 20th feb so all go now.

Hi,

We arrived mid October and all I can say is you will LOVE IT!!! This is such an amazing country and the people are incredibly friendly and go out of their way to help you settle in. In the short time we've been here we can already say that this is HOME!

Nothing to be scared of...you'll have not regrets.

Best of luck for 2012 and your move.

Oh yes, we are in Morley, feel free to get in touch.

Barbara

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are moving to Perth Summer 2011. Got Reccie in April for 2 weeks and we can not wait.

I am a PE teacher (33) and my huspand is in recruitment (32), we have 2 kids (2 and 6). We have a few friends in Perth already but I would love to share this scarey experience with others.

Jxx

Read your thread we are the same family of one at the moment ,Myself has been self employed in Edinburgh scotland running an building buisness

gone rom biulding one off houses to nothing for 4 months no work.It has been heart breaking paying off staff and losing money not a nice time

We have started our visa application for perth and i,m awaiting my english test in january

Sometimes i have major doubts as thiswill cost us our stake that we have in our house here ,the amount of money to move we wont be left with much but nothing going to

change in the uk the press do not help with the doom and gloom reporting scaring people to spend money as we all know it,s not great

I have all ways taking a chance in life nothing ventured nothing gained

my thoughts to any one doing this it,s braverto do than not to do

Read your thread we are the same family of one at the moment ,Myself has been self employed in Edinburgh scotland running an building buisness

gone rom biulding one off houses to nothing for 4 months no work.It has been heart breaking paying off staff and losing money not a nice time

We have started our visa application for perth and i,m awaiting my english test in january

Sometimes i have major doubts as thiswill cost us our stake that we have in our house here ,the amount of money to move we wont be left with much but nothing going to

change in the uk the press do not help with the doom and gloom reporting scaring people to spend money as we all know it,s not great

I have all ways taking a chance in life nothing ventured nothing gained

my thoughts to any one doing this it,s braverto do than not to do

Same here my construction business went bust in June 2011 and I still have the bank hounding me for personnal guarantees. I need to get a decent price for my house or we will not be able to move, hoping the costs and the worry will be worth it I see the end of my business as being a turning point in my life (for the best).

Hi

My husband and I started the Visa process in June and are looking at Perth (hopefully by next summer!). My husband's business ended so we reached a point in our lives where we decided it was now or never! We have no commitments and we will be moving with very little money, but if you dont take risks in life you will always be wondering "what if..". Good luck to everyone and stay in touch.

Skilled Visa 175 (Joiner). Passed first stage of Vetasses and awaitng the practical test date!

Hi

My husband and I started the Visa process in June and are looking at Perth (hopefully by next summer!). My husband's business ended so we reached a point in our lives where we decided it was now or never! We have no commitments and we will be moving with very little money, but if you dont take risks in life you will always be wondering "what if..". Good luck to everyone and stay in touch.

Skilled Visa 175 (Joiner). Passed first stage of Vetasses and awaitng the practical test date!

Totally Agree.

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

Myself, missus and 2 children (aged 5 and 10) are looking to go to Secret Harbour before the middle of October, which is when our 176 visa needs generated.

We have a place to stay, which is with our friends, and I have a job to start as an electrician. The thing is we need to get rid of our house to fund the move, and the way the papers over here are saying about a recession starting again it really makes us quite nervous. We're going to try and get the house on the market for the end of January-Mid Febuary and then cross our fingers. But we're bricking it! Its like going to London to Carlisle via Germany without a map!!!

hi i am a nurse with a 457 visa i fly from the uk on 11th feb scared now. hubby gonna follow me out 6 weeks later. i start my job on 20th feb so all go now.

We fly on 11th Feb from Glasgow for our reccie and validation visit

Guest ChelseaM

Hello everyone!anyone moving to Perth in 2012?myself and my husband planning to move round may so much to do dont even know where to start.Anyone feeling the same?

Hello everyone!anyone moving to Perth in 2012?myself and my husband planning to move round may so much to do dont even know where to start.Anyone feeling the same?

I'M with you on that one and i have a longer wait than you, i am hoping to be in perth around July/ August. I am getting house sorted to rent and just got pets organised with rabies jabs so they are ready, it's all the paperwork thats a pain and knowing who you have to contact like the Tax office, pensions, etc...... starting to have sleepless nights if i wake something will pop in my head and thats it as it snowballs on from there. All be worth it in the end, what part of perth are you moving to? Ann

Hi All got my CO appointed today and I m going for my meds tommorrow along with the kids (OH is going next Friday) and I've just watched wanted down under and it was Perth again, really starting to get excited about living there:biggrin:

Guest ChelseaM

We have been looking at north of Perth for the beginning, We haven't organized the place to stay yet ,what areas you looking at Ann?

Guest RobynT84

Hi All,

Myself and the husband are heading to Perth 7th April this year. Our 176 visa was granted in November and we're heading straight out there (no reccie trip) and we've never even set foot in Australia before!

So excited, I have a permanent smile on my face, but incredibly scared too. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Not sure where abouts in Perth we'll settle yet but hoping to be in the city a we need a change of pace to our country bumpkin, Hertfordshire way of life!

Hubby leaves on Tuesday. Me and the kids 12 April ish. Never been before but dreamt of it for years and can't believe it's happening. On 457 visa, hubby a QS. No idea where to live but researched it to death and still no idea! Need fresh eyes on it before we decide. Grandparents taking it hard and can't see past their own feelings to be happy for us so having to suppress our emotions every time they are here plus I will be left with their emotions when hubby leaves next week, not looking forward to that! Would all go together but he is on 3 month probation. Love reding everyone's stories and dilemmas and dreams!

Hi All,

Myself and the husband are heading to Perth 7th April this year. Our 176 visa was granted in November and we're heading straight out there (no reccie trip) and we've never even set foot in Australia before!

So excited, I have a permanent smile on my face, but incredibly scared too. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Not sure where abouts in Perth we'll settle yet but hoping to be in the city a we need a change of pace to our country bumpkin, Hertfordshire way of life!

Hi

We are the same as you never been before, just going out there and seeing what happens!!

Sara

Hi All,

We will be the same, I plan to go out first (once I get a job) and do a proper reccie with my OH coming out for her reccie in April then the full move in July. It is very difficult to find somewhere online, they all look good. Once your OH gets out there would it be possible if he passes on any details of construction management positions in the Perth area he notices when he gets out?

Archived