So whos moving to Perth? Lets all chat

Guest jmorris

Guest the aitkens

Hi, we're in the process of accepting a job opportunity in Perth CBD and we should be heading out June/July 2011. Very daunting but exciting in the same breath. I will be working full-time and my wife will be a full-time mum to our two daughters, Ruby (4) and Ella (2). We're looking to move north of Perth, somewhere along the train line to make the journey to work less dependant upon cars. Any advice you have on schools and areas would be much appreciated - Clarkson seems to be quite well situated for most eventualities. Good luck.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gilly

Hi, we have just arrived in Perth for our reccy. Its really great and have visited Joondalup today by train. The public transport system is brilliant. Trains and buses on time and really clean. Visited health campus in Joondalup and I am meeting NUM of ER dept. Huge expansion to health campus and lots of new developments. I am dual trained adult and paed so hope I will be sucsessful on the work front. Maybe see you there when you get everything sorted. Gilly

Down to the last week for us.

Just seen our stuff go to the shippers, both cars go this weekend.

Then it's a week off with flights in the middle and one of us is back to work on the Monday (and it's not me).

Oh , ok

A pain though, as we get rid of two nice cars (convertable Merc, and a Toyota 4x4) for next to nothing, and everything in Perth is quite expensive in comparison.

But we'll be looking down the Magna/Camry/Commodore/Falcon cars till we find something to get us going.

Depressing as I'm a petrol head.

A pain though, as we get rid of two nice cars (convertable Merc, and a Toyota 4x4) for next to nothing, and everything in Perth is quite expensive in comparison.

But we'll be looking down the Magna/Camry/Commodore/Falcon cars till we find something to get us going.

Depressing as I'm a petrol head.

So am i mate , every thing in oz so expensive though

So am i mate , every thing in oz so expensive though

Sure is. But I know once I'm there, a car will be a low priority as you can't go out for a play like you can in the UK. The roads are slow going and the police are strict.

I swapped to a 4x4 to save my licence. I'll just have to keep that mentality.

Slowly save my pennies and look at an XR6T or an HSV once settled. The Porsche/TVR has been crossed off the list now we are off to Oz.

Sure is. But I know once I'm there, a car will be a low priority as you can't go out for a play like you can in the UK. The roads are slow going and the police are strict.

I swapped to a 4x4 to save my licence. I'll just have to keep that mentality.

Slowly save my pennies and look at an XR6T or an HSV once settled. The Porsche/TVR has been crossed off the list now we are off to Oz.

:laugh: i never took to their v8s much, all noise and thirsty IMO, i prefer the jap racers but like you say when we go to a car will be last on mind as well

:laugh: i never took to their v8s much, all noise and thirsty IMO, i prefer the jap racers but like you say when we go to a car will be last on mind as well

I've been playing with, and getting annoyed at, Japanese motors for a while now. Time for a change.

If you've got to go slow, you might as well sound good doing it.

Burble burble burble ..

Guest annie0310

Hi everyone, i am a registered nurse, married with 2 girls 9 and 5 and hoping to move to Perth before the end of this year after securing an employer sponsored visa. I am still waiting on my AHPRA registration but have an interview for Joondalup hospital at the end of this month and hoping to get myself a golden ticket!

Guest Hugotheboss

Hi

We are heading out to Perth in mid may, subject to Visa coming through. This is expected early April. It has been superb how it has all gone. My new company have been fantastic.

I am construction director, my wife is looking after our 2 beautiful children, Owen 9 and Millie 5. We have my wifes twin and family in Perth so everyone is very excited

good luck

Guest annie0310
Hi

We are heading out to Perth in mid may, subject to Visa coming through. This is expected early April. It has been superb how it has all gone. My new company have been fantastic.

I am construction director, my wife is looking after our 2 beautiful children, Owen 9 and Millie 5. We have my wifes twin and family in Perth so everyone is very excited

good luck

Hi Hugo, thats great that everything has went smoothly for you and your family. You now have ur sights on the end target!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest robertday123

Hi saw your thread, we got our WA visa today, are hopefully heading out in August if we tie up everything here. Hopefully heading to Bunbury but could all change re job. We are Rob (38) Vic (39) and 3 children 7, 5, & 19 months. We have friends in Bunbury but would be great to meet others in this same situation.

Hi everyone, i am a registered nurse, married with 2 girls 9 and 5 and hoping to move to Perth before the end of this year after securing an employer sponsored visa. I am still waiting on my AHPRA registration but have an interview for Joondalup hospital at the end of this month and hoping to get myself a golden ticket!

Hi, you sound just like us lolol, Elaine is a nurse and we have 2 girls 9 and 4, we hoping to move end of this year or start of next to jonduloop too.

Hi Moving to Perth May/ June .... 457 sponsored visa from partner ..... he is engineer got job already and I am travel agent ... no job yet but got some interviews lined up :) waiting for agent to finalise visas / suggesting 4/6 weeks and thats it we are on our way... aghhhh

Have friend in ocean reef but looking at maybe settling in Fremantle but will see.. company pays for 6 weeks rental when we arrive so we can ease in gently and then look for new rental. Lots and lots to do :arghh: would love to stay in touch with people and find some new friends when out there ... will need it

• 1 month later...
Hi, we're in the process of accepting a job opportunity in Perth CBD and we should be heading out June/July 2011. Very daunting but exciting in the same breath. I will be working full-time and my wife will be a full-time mum to our two daughters, Ruby (4) and Ella (2). We're looking to move north of Perth, somewhere along the train line to make the journey to work less dependant upon cars. Any advice you have on schools and areas would be much appreciated - Clarkson seems to be quite well situated for most eventualities. Good luck.

Hi

We are also looking to move to Clarkson Mid June on a 457 visa (I am a Recruitment Consultant, other half a Gardener, children Mya 11yrs, Tyrese 4yrs and Tiahna Star 18mths).

We are just waiting for the visa to be approved and look to fly out early/mid June. I thought the same as you, want to be near to a train station so not too much hassle to get into Perth CBD. Clarkson looks good value for money and a nice neighbourhood.

Colette

Guest Helchops

Lisa and Gareth, what VISA did you apply for? Was it the points that changed? Do you need 7 years so the points add up?

Carlie, Dan and Helena

Guest Jacque

Me, my partner and my 3 girl's age 8 are moving out to Perth but dont know the location yet, panicing a bit cause my partner has a two year contract sighned in Perth, the sale of my house is going through and we are still waiting for our Visa's !!!

Guest Jacque

Me and my are at the same stage as you, also Moving to Perth, my partner has a job, but were waiting for the Visa, we have also been given the same month for moving, fingers crossed.

Archived