So whos moving to Perth? Lets all chat

Guest jmorris

Feel like I'm getting somewhere now

- most packing done now, didn't realise I'm such a hoarder. Also I think Boots may go bust now I'm emigrating, the amount of toiletries I have got is ridiculous

- found out you can only register for tax file number once you are in Australia, it looks very easy to do

- flights are booked, going with Singapore as they r giving us 40kg each. If you are going with them book online. Our flight online was 625 then we rang up to book and were quoted 900 for the exact flight, then they said they could do it for 700, so booked online.

- opened account with NAB, no deposit needed and only took a few minutes

Do that's where I'm up to, how is everyone else getting on? Xx

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

We are Sharon, Mark, Oliver and Bethany - moving to Perth On 26th Feb flying with Singapore from Manchester. Just booked our shippers (Crown) they are coming on 21 Jan - so we will have to make do for a few weeks!

Just waiting for my nursing registration to come through - Aphra is taking forever :SLEEP: Will have to chase them up once we are there at this rate!!!

So much to do, going to get sorted in the next few days after new year

Sharon x

hi we have flights booked i have my start date for job and have an oz bank account NAB just getting quotes for removals and trying to sort out accomadation for when we first land and getting schools sorted for the girls aged 8 and 14 as well as work all the hours.

In between I am attempting to remove my house of stuff :arghh: didnt realise we had so much stuff cos we renting it out so gotta sort that out as well :goofy: and we have al this to do in 110 days lol :err: i also have to find time to sleep and make sure the kids and friends dont forget who I am or what I look lke :laugh:

hi we have flights booked i have my start date for job and have an oz bank account NAB just getting quotes for removals and trying to sort out accomadation for when we first land and getting schools sorted for the girls aged 8 and 14 as well as work all the hours.

In between I am attempting to remove my house of stuff :arghh: didnt realise we had so much stuff cos we renting it out so gotta sort that out as well :goofy: and we have al this to do in 110 days lol :err: i also have to find time to sleep and make sure the kids and friends dont forget who I am or what I look lke :laugh:

Hi Avi

Just noticed you live in Hyde - well we live in Gee Cross so we can only be a few minutes drive away from each other! - how strange is that? :shocked:

Sharon x

Guest jonnylane

New addition here: Jonathan and Jo (28 & 25). We're hoping to be moving out to Perth around April/May 2011. I've been offered a job and support for a 457 visa (initially). I'm a medical physicist and Jo is in legal marketing but hopes to move into primary teaching. We live in Cambridge, UK at the moment and would probably like to live somewhere near to my new place of work.

It feels like we have far too many things to think about but we don't even have a house to sell or kids to worry about!

Guest linzibelles

Hi all we are moving out in sept 2011 my husband is already an Australian citizen we have two girls age four and eighteen months I am a nurse and my husband work in retail

Guest jmorris
Hello everyone,

We are Sharon, Mark, Oliver and Bethany - moving to Perth On 26th Feb flying with Singapore from Manchester. Just booked our shippers (Crown) they are coming on 21 Jan - so we will have to make do for a few weeks!

Just waiting for my nursing registration to come through - Aphra is taking forever :SLEEP: Will have to chase them up once we are there at this rate!!!

Sharon x

Hi ya

Sounds very exciting, just wondering how much stuff your taking and how much your quote was from crown for the shipment?

Much luck

Jay

Guest jmorris
New addition here: Jonathan and Jo (28 & 25). We're hoping to be moving out to Perth around April/May 2011. I've been offered a job and support for a 457 visa (initially). I'm a medical physicist and Jo is in legal marketing but hopes to move into primary teaching. We live in Cambridge, UK at the moment and would probably like to live somewhere near to my new place of work.

It feels like we have far too many things to think about but we don't even have a house to sell or kids to worry about!

Hi ya

Big move to oz lots of emotions, were up and down at mo but there is lots to organise. We live in THETFORD and work in mildenhall - small world. Keep us informed where in Perth your moving to, were over in April to sort a few things for our sep 11 big move xxx

Much luck

Jay

Guest linzibelles
Hi Avi

Just noticed you live in Hyde - well we live in Gee Cross so we can only be a few minutes drive away from each other! - how strange is that? :shocked:

Sharon x

Hi there just noticed were you live we live in Oldham so not to far away

Regards lindsay

Hi

We had a surprise phone call today(yes new years eve) from our agent requesting us to go for a medical ect,I say a bit of a surprise as we lodged our visa application back in june 2008. We are thinking of Perth and will keep an eye on your thread for any useful info.

Thanks Simon and Sue

Guest jmorris
Hi

We had a surprise phone call today(yes new years eve) from our agent requesting us to go for a medical ect,I say a bit of a surprise as we lodged our visa application back in june 2008. We are thinking of Perth and will keep an eye on your thread for any useful info.

Thanks Simon and Sue

That is great news good luck, only took is few months after Medicaid to get visa - exciting xxx

hehehe is it a mass exodus from tameside then lol:biglaugh: oldham and gee cross not too far away from me hehehehe bet we have seen each other when out shopping and not realised lol small world where you all going in perth?

Guest Karenandco

We are heading also to Perth all being well, employer sponsor on a 457, employer just got his allocation before Xmas so is starting process 10th Jan. He wants Peter there for March, me and girls will follow once he is settled a bit? We are very nervous about the whole thing as is everyone and hope the paper flow happens without a hitch.

Karen

Hi, I'm brand new to poms in oz so hope I'm doing this right! My husband (35- electronics engineer), kids (5 and 3) and I (30- occupational therapist) are just at the waiting-for-visa stage. We lodged in August 2010 on a 176. We were led to believe 15 months processing time so that takes us to Nov 2011 when hopefully we'll start getting on with medicals and police checks etc. I agree it's a scary thing and definitely an emotional roller coaster! I'm hoping to keep up with this forum thing and hopefully make networks for when we finally get to Perth!

Enjoy your recci in April. We were over last March and loved it (and thats when we decided on Perth- most probably the Northern suburbs). Good luck x

Hi, I registered with poms in oz ages ago but this is my first time writing on it so hope I'm doing this right! My husband (35- electronics engineer), kids (5 and 3) and I (30- occupational therapist) are just at the waiting-for-visa stage. We lodged in August 2010 on a 176 state sponsored.

We were led to believe 15 months processing time so that takes us to November 2011 when hopefully we'll start getting on with medicals and police checks etc. I agree it's a scary thing and definitely an emotional roller coaster! I'm hoping to keep up with this forum thing and hopefully make networks for when we finally get to Perth!

Enjoy your recci in April. We were over last March and loved it (and thats when we decided on Perth- most probably the Northern suburbs). Good luck x

Guest jmorris

Cant believe how many of us are heading to Perth this year.our friends emigrated last year, they emailed me today saying that they had just been for a bike ride round swan river then spent an hr in the pool. Headed to the beach after lunch, then headed to fremantle for a night out. I read the email by the fire, cold with no where fun to go.

I can't wait to go now.

See you all there soon

Xxxxx

Guest linzibelles

Hi all just an update definatly moving out to perth in october 2011 very excited feel even better now that we have spoke to my parents and they are ok with it now so bring it on would be nice to meet up and keep in touch

Guest Nando65
All went well on flight, all kids slept right through second leg as it was our night time and woke just in time for breakfast and landing. We however did not, so when the kids were raring to go we were very tired. A few days of jet lag and we are just about back to normal. Absolutely loving it up to now, although a little stressfull a times, the joys already outway the small stresses that come with moving anywhere.

We are just in the process of exploring and deciding our final destination. We were tied between safety bay for the beach and settlers hill for the community feel. But Rockingham town itself with the lovely beach has now also been thrown in to the mix.

Looking forward to meeting some new people.

Zoe

Hi Zoe

Just saw your post and thought we would get in touch as we put a thread up to meet with new friends from Pomsinoz.

We arrived last Thursday and living in Rockingham, temporary accommodation. Wondered if you and the family would like to meet up some time, beach, or barbie, even a drink if you fancy it.

Nando65 - Nando and Jane

Guest Nando65

Hi All

We left London in December, had a week in Brisbane and flew to Perth last Thursday, if anyone fancies meeting up, drinks, barbie at the beach, or coffees, it would be fab.

I am an Aussie returning home after 13 years and hubbie received his permanent residency visa and his first time in Australia. Loving Perth!!!

Hope to hear from anyone that would like to catch up.

Take care

Jane and Nando (Nando65)

Hi Zoe

Just saw your post and thought we would get in touch as we put a thread up to meet with new friends from Pomsinoz.

We arrived last Thursday and living in Rockingham, temporary accommodation. Wondered if you and the family would like to meet up some time, beach, or barbie, even a drink if you fancy it.

Nando65 - Nando and Jane

Hi Nando and Jane,

Yes it would be great to meet up. Where are you living at the moment, we are in Cooloongup, could meet at Rockingham foreshore with parks for kids. Do you have kids? Either way it would be great to meet some new people. PM me with possible dates. We are fairly flexable at the moment.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Zoe Dom and Kids

Guest brightons

hi all, we got our visa granted (176 ss) on the 22nd DEC. we had given up hope of it happening as we were told by agent that it wouldn't see any changes (lodged nov 08) till the end of 2011 at least. we had an email the end of oct saying we should have meds and police checks done so it was all systems go! we are just doing a few things to the house and plan to have it on the market within the next few weeks :unsure:!!! we are myself Donna 38 retail,husband Duane 38 joiner, 2 sons 19 and 11. We plan to leave for Perth as soon as the house is sold. We would like to go to the sinagra area as hubby's sister arrived there in July and is happy with the area, hubby's brother is also headed there so to keep all the family together we are trying to be close to each other. just hope we manage to sell our house!!:smile:

Guest Nando65
Hi Nando and Jane,

Yes it would be great to meet up. Where are you living at the moment, we are in Cooloongup, could meet at Rockingham foreshore with parks for kids. Do you have kids? Either way it would be great to meet some new people. PM me with possible dates. We are fairly flexable at the moment.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Zoe Dom and Kids

Hi there

Have send you a PM, we are very flexible as we have loads of time on our hands, just the tax file numbers to fniish and we are doing that on-line so whenever is best for you, Dom and the kids.

Thanks so much Zoe, really looking forward to meeting you and the fam.

Jane and Nando (Nando65)

Guest TheGreenFamily
Hello everyone,

Sharon x

Hi Sharon, we are also moving to Perth at the end of Feb and are flying with Singapore airlines. Our shippers are Rose and Crown.

We are alison, Barry, Nathan(11), Joshua (3) and Amelia (3 months). I see you have a son who is 11, do you know what school he is going to yet?

Alison

We were going to go to Perth first of all as that is where we know and had been before a number of times and loved it. However, we found that there were not many jobs advertised there and found that the likes of Sydney offered the jobs we were looking for. It is a shame as we will not be able to go to Freo and have fish and chips as often as we wanted and then watch the sun go down, but wish you all the best and hope that it turns out well.

Archived