new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Oz or Not to Oz,

Thanks!

Record of waiting? Don't think so since I applied on Jan 6th and it's been just over 4 months.

Of course, online is the way to go (once I get the ACS assessment, that is)!!

armandra!

I thought you've been waiting since Nov 2010. it was too long waiting period for all. waiting records doesn't matter as long the result is sky-blue :cute:

Wish you luck with the assessment. hope it get finalized so soon.

Glad you still have the chance to apply online. I once read in Russian forums about some agent informing the client that new application will be received by DIAC until 31st of May. However, the client doesn't know what kind of information source this agent has. Certainly online application will save time to guarantee that the application is under processing faster (Because of post mail period). keep your online application ready to submit. once you recieve your Assessment, submit immediately.

Congratulations again and wish you good luck good friend :wubclub:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to immidavid, saz71, armandra, LizaMel and 2and3.

you have finally made it guys. really happy for you.

Hard luck mansukhpatel and haideeali. so sad news but don't lose hope. Skilled independent application is also a good alternative. I wish you all the best with your alternative plans.

Congrats all who got their SS from VIC and good luck to those who missed out. 20 days after I got my VIC SS I still find myself checking this very thread THRICE daily!!! I waited four-and-a-half months doing this and it seems to have caught on - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)! Please tell me I am not alone...

We have a CO now. Medicals done and awaiting my PCCs.

On Aramandra's recent post regarding an attractive CV - I had a CV that was two-and-a-half pages long. And no, I am not superman. I am a run-of-the-mill Business Analyst with 6.5 yrs experience, albeit in Banking ICT. I used the same CV that I use for job searches back here at home. I am aware that Vic only has your CV to judge you but I also strongly believe they know what they want, irrespective of how well you dress your CV. So those of us who were lucky to be favoured by Vic just had our job profiles on their demand list. And those who missed out were most probably not doing jobs that Vic wanted them to be doing. I know I merely state that which is plain simple and obvious but just wanted to shift the focus slightly away from the CV (aka skills?) and place emphasis on your job profiles which is more likely to fetch you a Vic SS. Just my two cents anyways...And Aramandra, I am a great fan of your writing and I am in no way offending you. I understand your intent and mine goes the same way.

And Buddy, just on your post on Connie's thread (and to all others awaiting a CO) - I applied for 176 on 15-Apr-11 and Form 1100 was sent to DIAC on 18-Apr-11. I didn't have a CO until today. I queried using the online Query form 2 weeks ago and did not receive a reply until today. I decided to poke again today and guess what, I received an email from someone from Team4 (within 1 hr of my query) giving details of my application and asking me to submit my medicals and PCCs. Coincidental? I don't think so. And no, the email didn't come announcing 'I am your CO' and hence I 'assume/guess' I have a CO. However, onlne document checklist changed to 'Met' and status changed to 'Further Processing Commenced' or something like that. In short, those who await their COs, poke DIAC if your application is decision-ready and you may well see your CO the same day. I have reasons to believe (other threads on PIO) DIAC assigns COs when poked, particularly if your application is decision ready AND your one-week wait period after Form 1100 is over.

And finally, the reason for this post of mine - just wanted to say hi to everyone and thanks Uli, Armandra, Big Bob, seban123, la la, Buddy, OONTO, machang and others that I may have missed out - you did provide some interesting reading (and now bugger off so I can find my way out of this freakin' disorder!). Special thanks to foha, shafqatAli(?) courtesy whom I was forced to ditch the 'other' forum and join in here way back in November/December.

Looking to give back in whatever way I can. So if you have a question, just ask. And Captain Uli, my apologies if this is slightly off topic...

cheers

Guest Mongobear
And Captain Uli, my apologies if this is slightly off topic...

cheers

No problem at all. Nice post vensun. Good on 'ya and all the best for your 176er !

Just my two cents anyways...And Aramandra, I am a great fan of your writing and I am in no way offending you. I understand your intent and mine goes the same way.

Vensun,

Well, you've your opinion and I've mine, right? That's how it goes coming to online discussion forums like PIO, which guarantee us the freedom of expression, a true democratic right!! :cute:

P.S: There was this guy I don't remember the username, who had like 12 years of exp. as Business Analyst/Project Manager with international exposure in US, Korea and Japan. He even had an MBA from a Financial Times (FT) World Top 15 ranked college. He was unfortunately rejected.

I asked for his CV and whoa what I see is this: it's a perfect fit for US market and has nothing to do with Australia's. He didn't even mention that the college he went to is ranked in FT Top 15. That made me feel brushing the CV is you know, like making sure you've enough savings in the bank for retirement :wink:

armandra!

Guest Ozexpat
Captain Uli,

Turn me baby blue!!!! :)

Just received mail from Vic:

This is the best news I've got for quite a looooooong time!!

Now the next step: waiting waiting waiting for ACS to move my app!

Thanks Captain Uli, VickyMel, and everyone of our crew!!!

armandra!

Congrats Buddy..... Goodluck

Appriciate your commitment, dedication and hardwork :biggrin:

Guest Buddy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)! Please tell me I am not alone...

before SS, I used to check this thread 6-8 times a day, without posting

after SS, at least 25-30 times a day, and posting

(and sometimes I drive back home to triple-check that I've locked the door)

...And Aramandra, I am a great fan of your writing ...

don't jump the queue, take a ticket and wait for your turn mate ;)

And Buddy, just on your post on Connie's thread (and to all others awaiting a CO) - I applied for 176 on 15-Apr-11 and Form 1100 was sent to DIAC on 18-Apr-11. I didn't have a CO until today...... I have reasons to believe (other threads on PIO) DIAC assigns COs when poked, particularly if your application is decision ready AND your one-week wait period after Form 1100 is over.

thank you my friend, I've been waiting for month by now, so I am way over the 1 week waiting period

by tomorrow if I didn't hear from them, I am pulling out my finger and poking them

by the way, I have received an automated reply from gsm.processing@immi.gov.au

it says:

Applications lodged before the following dates are currently being considered by a case officer:

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) subclass 176

VE 176 (e-lodged): 27 April 2011

VE 176 (paper): 8 April 2011p

thank you vensun for being here, a real pleasure.

Guest harshal
Captain Uli,

armandra!

Brilliant Armandra,

I told you.

you will rec. the SS.

I had strong intution.

I hope your things move fast from here.

Congrats and best of luck for your visa process!!

C u in Melborne :).

Regards,

Harshal.

Guest Lily83

Turn me poo brown :no:

Name: Lily83

Date of SMP application: 28th Nov 2010

Trade/profession: Chemist

Nationality: British

IELTS: N/A

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority:

Delays/further docs requested: Detailed CV and declaration

SS received: Rejected 9th May 2011

comments:

Guest Buddy
Turn me poo brown :no:

Name: Lily83

Date of SMP application: 28th Nov 2010

Trade/profession: Chemist

Nationality: British

IELTS: N/A

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority:

Delays/further docs requested: Detailed CV and declaration

SS received: Rejected 9th May 2011

comments:

sit IELTS, score 8 in each band, apply for 175 on the new points system

don't give up

Guest guest48800
Hi,I can't believe it I got the VIC SS today moring!!!!!! at UTC 01:30!

Please turn me blue.

Thanks to you all!

Now prepairing my IELTS.

Congratulations Immidavid! Great news! :biggrin:

Guest Rebecca78

A big congratulations to all those who received their sponsorship or other good news today!!!!! Good luck to everyone who didn't get the news they were hoping for...keep going, I'm sure it will all go right in the end :hug:

Blimey, turn your back for a day and VIC gets v busy - well done to those turning blue and hope the ongoing plans come to fruit...for those turning brown, hope you find a way there soon. After all that activity VIC, please keep it up...

Guest Rebecca78
Blimey, turn your back for a day and VIC gets v busy - well done to those turning blue and hope the ongoing plans come to fruit...for those turning brown, hope you find a way there soon. After all that activity VIC, please keep it up...

A big good luck to you with yours too!!!:biggrin:

Guest guest48800

Hi all,

Would just like to say congratulations to all those that received confirmation of their SS today, and best wishes to all those who didn't, I hope you can find another way to get to your Australian dream. started with Immidavid then found out that i didn't quite know how to multiquote posts! Sorry!

Here's hoping everyone else finds out soon...personally I don't have much left of my fingernails to nibble! :eek:

Guest marty831

Thank you for the application for Victorian Government nomination under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme.

To be eligible for skilled migration, applicants will need to have their skills assessed by Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).* Visit the TRA website for details on gaining the assessment: http://www.deewr.gov.au/TRA.

The Skilled and Business Migration Program will hold the application open for three months to enable you to complete the assessment process.* Once you receive the assessment, email a scanned copy to the Skilled and Business Migration Program.

We look forward to receiving the skill assessment.*

Please quote Reference Number : SS-2011-0xxx3 in all of your communication to us.

Guest Buddy
what dose it mean?

it means they will grant you SS if you can get them a positive skills assessment within three months

apply for skills assessment today mate

Guest marty831
it means they will grant you SS if you can get them a positive skills assessment within three months

apply for skills assessment today mate

Really? I just sent my TRA outcome letter to Vic two hours ago.

Captain Uli,

armandra!

Rock and Roll baby, Rock and Roll. Well done

Yoyo

Guest marty831
Thank you for the application for Victorian Government nomination under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme.

To be eligible for skilled migration, applicants will need to have their skills assessed by Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).* Visit the TRA website for details on gaining the assessment: www.deewr.gov.au/TRA.

The Skilled and Business Migration Program will hold the application open for three months to enable you to complete the assessment process.* Once you receive the assessment, email a scanned copy to the Skilled and Business Migration Program.

We look forward to receiving the skill assessment.*

Please quote Reference Number : SS-2011-0xxx3 in all of your communication to us.

07/04/2011 TRA 342414 application.

29/03/2011 VIC SMP application

04/05/2011 TRA requested, VIC

10/05/2011 TRA succesful ,sent to VIC

Guest Lily83
sit IELTS, score 8 in each band, apply for 175 on the new points system

don't give up

If the new points score is as they say then if I take the IELTS I will pass.

Seems mad having to take IELTS when I have lived in England all my life have GCSE English and 2 degrees from English universities! :confused:

Hopefully they will keep Chemist on the SOL so at least it will be a Cat 3 rather than 4!

Guest harshal

Buddy, Yoyo and others,

FYI.........

As soon as I posted 2nd PLE to DIAC and you wont believe, immediately I received an email from CO requesting for Medicals and PCC.

Regards,

Harshal.

discussion forums like PIO, which guarantee us the freedom of expression,

Absolutely!

He didn't even mention that the college he went to is ranked in FT Top 15.

To me, thats criminal if not merely silly.

before SS, I used to check this thread 6-8 times a day, without posting

after SS, at least 25-30 times a day, and posting

(and sometimes I drive back home to triple-check that I've locked the door)

Thanks, so good to know I am not the only one :)

don't jump the queue, take a ticket and wait for your turn mate ;)

lol, I will. I certainly will!

thank you vensun for being here, a real pleasure.

I am most certain that its the other way round! But thanks, I am moving off to Connie's thread so thats thread + + to keep track of...huh, well, OCD :(

cheers

Guest jimmyay

I think i made a mistake.

I have applied for my Visa 176, and now i am applying for Victoria SS. I thought it will automatically elevate my priority to 2, but it turn out i have to re-apply, and thus pay the fee again. It cost a bomb $$ from someone from Malaysia.

Archived