new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest Mongobear
I am in the same situation - kicking myself for not being organised now - lol.

Ours has expired though so can't get round the valid till date. Hope it arrives quickly..

Is there a check list of everything else I will need to supply - suppose I should be getting copies signed whilst waiting - just can't find a list.

Anyone know how long certified copies are valid till ? Do they expire?? We had some stuff done years ago - not sure if its needed till we get the check list but, would they stil be o.k to use?

Hey 2and3,

when they're certified, they're certified. No matter when as long as the certifier is accepted by the OZ-govt.

Cheers

Uli

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Buddy

I'm more of a Mark Zuckerberg kinda business mind, you see!!

you new generations...

and what is facebook anyway? (well, aside from being a tool for organizing REVOLUTIONS and over throwing dictators in the middle east :biggrin: )

we the old generation recognized it, and our rep, Bill Gates, actually bought a share in facebook, you know :)

Guest Buddy

My goodness Buddy - how can you do this to us - first Armadra - well thats OK I didn't mind that - until now you go and step on my toes too! :policeman:

Well I hope no one clicks your chicken for all the help coming out from your offices :wink:

Armandra and I will have to chat about this with the big boss man Uli and see if we can get you banned from our thread.

I.. I.. I was trying to help, I felt you are busy, I wanted to be your side kick..

it is Armandra's fault, she entrapped me... Uli paid me to do it.. I was desperate, I was alone and it was dark.. I'm afraid of the dark (well.. high places).. I thought it was a requirement for VIC SS... where is my chicken.. ? I only wanted a better life for my chicken.. :)

Guest HoutoMel
That just sounds promising to me. Not that I'm on the Industry Panel (IP) and can see your case through. How I wish I was, though :wink:

There are two possibilities now:

Scenario 1: Your app has already been sent to IP for taking a decision. Then, most probably, AFAIK, Vic wouldn't accept to update the CV or other info already provided as part of the app earlier. They will let you know about the same. No hassles. No showboating.

Scenario 2: If your app has not yet been forwarded to IP, then consider yourself lucky. They will update your file with the new CV and add the extra certifications/qualifications you send in. They will confirm the same. Good to go.

I'd say just drop a polite mail explaining whatever you need to update and sit back. Good luck!! :)

P.S: I had been in the same boat sometime ago. Just mailed my updated CV and vendor certifications completed lately, and they updated my file with the same.

armandra!

Just an update here--I did send my updated CV and information to VIC. However, my CV has in fact gone to the industry panel already. Thankfully, I included other information in the actual email that was added to my file as well. The only things that I especially wanted them to see was my additional courses and so on, but hopefully my CV is in good order for the IP.

What is the IP role in the decision-making process? I'm thinking that they make the determinations on if my qualifications and experience match the market demands? Is there any idea on the time from IP to decision from VIC?

And congrats claramanda! Since we submitted for the same occupation, I hope that they're feeling as generous with me as they were with you! :biggrin:

Just an update here--I did send my updated CV and information to VIC. However, my CV has in fact gone to the industry panel already. Thankfully, I included other information in the actual email that was added to my file as well. The only things that I especially wanted them to see was my additional courses and so on, but hopefully my CV is in good order for the IP.

So, they told you that the CV can't be updated at this stage?

What is the IP role in the decision-making process?

[/Quote]The IP is the heart and soul of the decision making process. Once they give the go ahead, the SS approval comes along.

I'm thinking that they make the determinations on if my qualifications and experience match the market demands?

[/Quote]Yep, that's what they are supposed to do: match the CV to check if the applicant has significant chances of being employed in the state given the current market conditions.

Is there any idea on the time from IP to decision from VIC?

[/Quote]Not much, a week or so perhaps. Good luck!!

P.S: It's 4 AM in here. Just happen to wake up and thought of answering the post. Gosh, am I sick?! :wink:

armandra!

Guest JSHAN

Folks - keep up the spirits if you are still waiting for VIC SS, I have waited for 5 months, your wait is much more than I did, now after 2.5 months of SS I am still to get a CO , lodgement of paper based took 1.5 month and now have been waiting for CO for a month.

This procedure is the toughest....

Guest kiran kumar

Name: Kiran Kumar

Date of SMP application: Jan 25th 2011 (Got reference number on March 9th 2011)

Trade/profession: Software Tester

Nationality: INDIAN

IELTS (if applicable): 7/7/7.5/7.5

Visa type: 176 (if SS Result is positive)

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments:

Guest HoutoMel
So, they told you that the CV can't be updated at this stage?

-----

P.S: It's 4 AM in here. Just happen to wake up and thought of answering the post. Gosh, am I sick?! :wink:

armandra!

Yes, they told me that the CV can't be updated, but the rest of my file would be. But thank God, I'm very hopeful and optimistic overall!

And no, you're not sick at all :wink:

Guest Mongobear
Name: Kiran Kumar

Date of SMP application: Jan 25th 2011 (Got reference number on March 9th 2011)

Trade/profession: Software Tester

Nationality: INDIAN

IELTS (if applicable): 7/7/7.5/7.5

Visa type: 176 (if SS Result is positive)

SS received:

comments:

Hey Kiran Kumar,

welcome to the PomsInOZ and thanks a lot for joining our crew. Seeing your Date of application you should have a result very soon. Good luck for that and please keep us posted.

Enjoy Sunday

Uli

Guest Baazighar

Enjoy Sunday

Uli

Hey Uli,

I'm not sure but vaguely remember Armandra getting SS, seems you forgot changing the color in first page. :)

Hey Uli,

I'm not sure but vaguely remember Armandra getting SS, seems you forgot changing the color in first page. :)

Not yet mate! Vic has asked me to submit the skills assessment, which in a way, does most probably mean my SS would be approved if I'm able to get the assessment done from ACS in 3 months.

I asked him to turn me baby blue (a lighter shade of blue) because of the mail ha ha :wink:

Wish me luck!! :)

armandra!

Guest Baazighar
Not yet mate! Vic has asked me to submit the skills assessment, which in a way, does most probably mean my SS would be approved if I'm able to get the assessment done from ACS in 3 months.

I asked him to turn me baby blue (a lighter shade of blue) because of the mail ha ha :wink:

Wish me luck!! :)

armandra!

oops, i guess i didnt see the baby blue part, remember seeing people congratulating u.. anyways wish you loads of luck to you and others who are waiting here..

btw, thanks for correcting.

Guest Mongobear

Better ? :wink:

Name: armandra

Date of SMP application: 06th Jan 2011

Trade/profession: ICT Analyst Programmer 261311 (C++/C#/C)

Nationality: Indian

IELTS (if applicable): 7.5

Visa type: 176

SS received: skills assessment requested. Application on hold. Fingers crossed !!!

comments:

Guest Baazighar
Better ? :wink:

Name: armandra

Date of SMP application: 06th Jan 2011

Trade/profession: ICT Analyst Programmer 261311 (C++/C#/C)

Nationality: Indian

IELTS (if applicable): 7.5

Visa type: 176

SS received: skills assessment requested. Application on hold. Fingers crossed !!!

comments:

Good Idea Uli, so creative

Guest jackalz05

Update from me that my SS has been approved at 14 Apr 2011.

Thanks God.

Good luck to the others.

Guest mada07

Thanks God.

Good luck to the others.

Congrats mate! Well done!

Guest Mongobear

Thanks God.

Good luck to the others.

Hey Jackalz,

sorry I completely missed your post. Congratulations on your grant ! I just turned you blue. Off to cat2 then.

Good luck!

Uli

Guest ebanster

i've been assigned to a CO already. However, they are asking for my wife to pass the IELTS exam. I am the principal applicant and she is only secondary. :arghh:I thought IELTS exam is only needed when her skills assessment is for consideration. :jiggy:I did not include that in my application.

Has anyone experienced this before where the CO asked for the secondary applicant's IELTS exam?:twitcy:

Guest kiran kumar
i've been assigned to a CO already. However, they are asking for my wife to pass the IELTS exam. I am the principal applicant and she is only secondary. :arghh:I thought IELTS exam is only needed when her skills assessment is for consideration. :jiggy:I did not include that in my application.

Has anyone experienced this before where the CO asked for the secondary applicant's IELTS exam?:twitcy:

Hi Ebanster,

Congrats on CO being assigned.Heard from my agent that if we can get a letter from the college that the medium of study was English then the IELTS option for the secondary applicant can be waived off.

Guest Mongobear

Yes Sir, the captain has. All dependants aged 18 or over have to provide an IELTS result of 4.5 on average. Alternatively you can pay the 2nd instalment (upon request) which is 3575AU$ at the moment and enables your wife to take 500 English lessons in OZ "free" of charge.

Cheers

Uli

Guest VickyMel

If your OH holds some countries passports (some English speaking countries) you don't need to do it.

Or sometimes in some countries if they have been educated in English to a certain level you might be allowed to prove her standard of English?

Guest ebanster
Hi Ebanster,

Congrats on CO being assigned.Heard from my agent that if we can get a letter from the college that the medium of study was English then the IELTS option for the secondary applicant can be waived off.

This would only be valid if ALL instructions conducted during your college or university years are in ENGLISH. As for my wife, it is not the case.

Upon further reading on the document attached by the officer, Uli is correct, it states that:

achievement of an IELTS average band score of at least 4.5 in a test conducted

not more than 12 months before lodging their application or at the time of

processing the application;

It's seems VIC have gone a bit quiet on decision-front this last week :frown:

Am ready to go with the 176 other than the SS but beginning to stress about whether it will come before 1st July (although the 12 week 'estimated' processing time ends in 2 weeks) or whether i'll get SS at all!

Happy waiting/fingers crossed to those also frantically checking emails each morning!

Archived