new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest tycsee

Turn me brown folks! Din't anticipate a negative since I had put forth a strong case - employed in Mel for over 3 years in the profession I applied for etc. But anyways that's life, and Vic :)

Thanks for all your help - I am now on Cat-3 thread :)

All the best for others expecting a response from Vic.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Turn me brown folks! Din't anticipate a negative since I had put forth a strong case - employed in Mel for over 3 years in the profession I applied for etc. But anyways that's life, and Vic :)

Tycsee,

Sorry to hear the bad news. Good luck with getting your 175 really quick! :hug:

BTW, this is the first time an onshore applicant has been turned down by Vic. Sounds weird :wacko:

armandra!

Guest firefly1
Captain Uli,

Turn me baby blue!!!! :)

Just received mail from Vic:

This is the best news I've got for quite a looooooong time!!

Now the next step: waiting waiting waiting for ACS to move my app!

Thanks Captain Uli, VickyMel, and everyone of our crew!!!

armandra!

Congrats Armandra, This is great news. All the best for your skill assessment. Im getting really anxious with this wait. I have completed 6 weeks of waiting for my skills. Lala, Sowmya, if you guys dont mind can u let me know how long it has been since acs received ur docs.

And a million thanks to all the anchors (and 'Gods') of this thread. being on this thread gives me some time off my worries..

firefly

Guest mada07

Sorry to hear that. 175 won't be too long.

Guest Mongobear

Hey Lily,

I'm sorry for your rejection. Luckily you're not too bad off. Scoring 8 in IELTS won't be a big deal for you as a native-speaker. Just get yourself some books to see how the test looks like. Many people fail (also native speakers) because they're not aware how to answer the questions.

Everything's gonna be alright !

Good luck

Uli

Turn me poo brown :no:

Name: Lily83

Date of SMP application: 28th Nov 2010

Trade/profession: Chemist

Nationality: British

IELTS: N/A

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority:

Delays/further docs requested: Detailed CV and declaration

SS received: Rejected 9th May 2011

comments:

Guest Mongobear

Hey Tycsee,

sorry for that buddy. Sometimes I don't get my head around what VIC is looking for. But it's good to see that there's a plan B. Go for it !

Cheers

Uli

Guest Buddy

I have a strong feeling (very strong) that VIC do tend to reject some applicants if they see that those applicants can make it through a 175

let us say someone who is a native English speaker, young (or old with experience) and already working in VIC

it is clear he/she qualifies for 175, specially on the new points system.

by denying the SS to such applicant, they save a seat for someone else who's only path is through a 176

(and VIC ends up having both guys, the 176 dude, and the 175 gal)

now, this rule does not hold true always, as VIC's quota is consumed, the phenomenon is becoming more noticeable

look at the bright side: with a 175 you have the "moral" freedom of working any where in Australia :)

my best wishes to you and to all poms.

Guest machang

loving viking, sorry for the rejections :hug::hug:

today i put visa sticker in my passport . i thought they gonna put my photo as well, but nothing like that . however, its pretty cute:cute:

Guest Buddy
If the new points score is as they say then if I take the IELTS I will pass.

Seems mad having to take IELTS when I have lived in England all my life have GCSE English and 2 degrees from English universities! :confused:

Hopefully they will keep Chemist on the SOL so at least it will be a Cat 3 rather than 4!

it is as they say :)

plus you have a university degree (even better: two)

and if your nickname implies that your production date is 1983, then you will have an abundance of points for a 175 on the new system.

now this part is tricky, nobody call me racist! :

although Australia celebrates diversity, still it is an English speaking nation, and this language is considered a unifying element, when it comes to immigrants: the better your English is, the more "welcomed" you are

it sounds mad that you will have to sit an "English" exam, but there is a reason for this:

there are many people who hold the British nationality (or American, Canadian, Irish..) but their English language skills are poor: take this example: some Arab dude (or German, Asian, African, etc...) marries a woman who holds the British citizenship, soon he also becomes a UK citizen, later on this guy decides to immigrate down under, his English skills will not help "unifying" the nation, he will not "integrate" that well

you, on the other hand, are "more likely" to fit right in, and integrate seamlessly.

the Australian government has two ways to distinguish you from that dude:

1-The Racist method: White-British applicants get 20 points

2-non Racist method: IELTS 8-8-8-8 applicants get 20 points

the second method does the trick, and it is politically correct (and the British Council makes more money ;) )

if you look at the statistics, you will find that the UK is -by far- the largest source of immigrants to Australia.

Scoring 8 in IELTS won't be a big deal for you as a native-speaker. Just get yourself some books to see how the test looks like. Many people fail (also native speakers) because they're not aware how to answer the questions.

do as the captain advised

I recommend this book: Ace the IELTS

http://www.ielts-blog.com/Download-Free-IELTS-General-Academic-Study-Books.html

Guest Buddy

As soon as I posted 2nd PLE to DIAC and you wont believe, immediately I received an email from CO requesting for Medicals and PCC.

Harshal.

that's it, time is up, I will poke them a second time!

what team is yours?

Sorry to hear that tycsee. It is really strange to reject someone in your qualifications. VIC is really unpredictable.

Wish you luck with 175. Processing will get faster after applying the new points system. You'll get your 175 finalized fast.

Good luck mate.

Guest harshal
that's it, time is up, I will poke them a second time!

what team is yours?

Buddy,

I think when you create PLE, you should select category "what's the status of my app?"

Under that you should write.

Team is Team2.

Originally Posted by armandra

Captain Uli,

Turn me baby blue!!!! :)

Just received mail from Vic:

This is the best news I've got for quite a looooooong time!!

Now the next step: waiting waiting waiting for ACS to move my app!

Thanks Captain Uli, VickyMel, and everyone of our crew!!!

armandra!

Hey Armandra

Heartiest congratulations mate:hug:... I would better say well deserved... Good to see you all...Uli,Yoyo,auzsci,oznottooz and everyone back in VIC camp...Will never ever forget my ol pals...all the very best for your 176 mates...God bless..:wubclub:

thanks & regards

Old Big Bob (VIC thread Veteran :wink:)

Guest Mongobear
Hey Armandra

Heartiest congratulations mate:hug:... I would better say well deserved... Good to see you all...Uli,Yoyo,auzsci,oznottooz and everyone back in VIC camp...Will never ever forget my ol pals...all the very best for your 176 mates...God bless..:wubclub:

thanks & regards

Hey BigDaddy,

thanks for the visit. Tell me more about the ACT-story, mate ... why's that ?

Cheerio

Uli

Hey BigDaddy,

thanks for the visit. Tell me more about the ACT-story, mate ... why's that ?

Cheerio

Uli

Hey Bruv.. How is you...

I gotta get married in September this year to my OH in Adelaide...had a lot of time so thought why not give it a shot ;-)....You know I can't sit free...need something to use my too much grey matter so started a new ACT SMP thread...:cute:

cheers!

Bob

Hey Armandra

thanks & regards

BigBob,

Thanks! Oh come on, no one can forget veterans like you and so need not remind us again. :wink:

P.S: It's sad to see you guys shifting loyalties to other states/territories. :nah:

armandra!

Guest Rebecca78

Those figures look really promising Armandra!!! I'm sure you have given a lot of hope to people on the 175 route. That's great :jiggy:

Guest la la
Congrats Armandra, This is great news. All the best for your skill assessment. Im getting really anxious with this wait. I have completed 6 weeks of waiting for my skills. Lala, Sowmya, if you guys dont mind can u let me know how long it has been since acs received ur docs.

And a million thanks to all the anchors (and 'Gods') of this thread. being on this thread gives me some time off my worries..

firefly

Firefly,

I am a HR Manager so the assessment organisation is AIM. This is the strictest I understand.:sad:

They failed my first application and so I am appealing their decision. I have only just sent it and so expect a decision within the next 8 weeks. AIM state how long the assessment will take and do in fact return their results earlier.

Good luck with yours :wink:

lal la

Guest la la
If the new points score is as they say then if I take the IELTS I will pass.

Seems mad having to take IELTS when I have lived in England all my life have GCSE English and 2 degrees from English universities! :confused:

Hopefully they will keep Chemist on the SOL so at least it will be a Cat 3 rather than 4!

Hi Lily83

I also may need to sit the IELTS and yet have a Masters in employment law from a UK Uni. However, as Buddy says there are plenty of people residing in the UK that can't speak English. I work in HR and see it frequently when they apply for a job.

I looked on the IELTS UK website and there is a description of the 4 tests and the general one really doesn't look that difficult. Like Uli says there are test books to revise on first if needed.

Are there test dates available locally to you?

I hope all goes well for you

la la :biggrin:

Guest soumya

firefly

mate,

My application was set to 'In Process' on 29th March 2011 & a case officer was also assigned to it. Reckon ACS received the docs a day before.

Soumya

Guest HoutoMel

Hello All! This is truly exciting!

Please Add Me:

Name: HoutoMel

Date of SMP application: 22 March 2011

Trade/profession: Urban and Regional Planner

Nationality: American

IELTS (if applicable): Will sit in June

Visa type: 176 (hopefully, God willing!)

DIAC Priority (if applicable): 2 (hopefully!)

Delays/further docs requested: None so far

SS received: Hopefully soon!

comments: :biggrin:

Hello All! This is truly exciting!

Please Add Me:

HoutoMel,

Hey, wait a min, I know you :wink:

Good to see you made it to our thread ('our' as in under Captain Uli's command!).

Welcome aboard!! :hug:

armandra!

Guest HoutoMel
HoutoMel,

Hey, wait a min, I know you :wink:

Good to see you made it to our thread ('our' as in under Captain Uli's command!).

Welcome aboard!! :hug:

armandra!

Hey Armandra!

You got me! :shocked: I knew you looked familiar...or maybe I was just following you, lol :cute:

Thanks for the welcome though. I've been lurking but figured I'd make it official. Skills assessment is underway. State sponsor application underway. Professional societies already joined. I'm ready to roll!

I see you're on your way to Melbourne, yes? I look forward to when that day comes for me too!

Guest mada07

Hi mates, turn me to brown, got rejection from VIC today:sad:.

Anyway, I have lodge 475. It seems I was destined to go to QLD to pick fruits there. Not too bad.

Archived