new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest Mongobear

Hi Houte,

welcome to the PIO and the best "new VIC SMP - where are you now" in the world :wink:

Your details will be on the first page in minute.

Good luck !

Uli

Hello All! This is truly exciting!

Please Add Me:

Name: HoutoMel

Date of SMP application: 22 March 2011

Trade/profession: Urban and Regional Planner

Nationality: American

IELTS (if applicable): Will sit in June

Visa type: 176 (hopefully, God willing!)

DIAC Priority (if applicable): 2 (hopefully!)

Delays/further docs requested: None so far

SS received: Hopefully soon!

comments: :biggrin:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mongobear
Hi mates, turn me to brown, got rejection from VIC today:sad:.

Anyway, I have lodge 475. It seems I was destined to go to QLD to pick fruits there. Not too bad.

That's no good news mada. I'm sorry. The 475 is a pretty good alternative. Look at machang. While we're still waiting he already got his swimming trunks on and is just waiting for the plane to Brisbane. I guess there are worse alternatives.

smilie_water_048.gif

Good luck for QLD !

Uli

P.S. Our December statistic looks devastating:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

December 2010 applicants

17 application(s) | 4 grant(s) | 10 refusal(s)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest katie0499

The Document checklist while filing a 176 application states that I should attach the Evidence of State/Territory government agency or Regional Certifying Body nomination.

Is this the same as the attachment sent by the state during the approval of SS? Since this is in black ink, do I need to notarize the 2-paged document before attaching?

Hi mates, turn me to brown, got rejection from VIC today:sad:.

Anyway, I have lodge 475. It seems I was destined to go to QLD to pick fruits there. Not too bad.

Sorry to hear the news mada. But, as Shakespeare put it:

All the world's a stage,

And all the men and women merely players ...

[/Quote]I'd say having a 475 is far better than sitting this side of the fence and dreaming of jumping in! Me sure when you look back at this day couple of years down the line, you'd feel good about all that happened leading you to go places you've never been before :)

Good luck!! :hug:

armandra!

The Document checklist while filing a 176 application states that I should attach the Evidence of State/Territory government agency or Regional Certifying Body nomination.

Is this the same as the attachment sent by the state during the approval of SS? Since this is in black ink, do I need to notarize the 2-paged document before attaching?

Hey Katie,

Your WA SS was approved in 25 days flat?! Oh my, congrats!!

Did WA send an attachment to you? If they did and it has something to do with your SS, then yes include it. Even if they didn't, all that you need to include is the email saying your SS is approved. And NO, you need not get it notarised and moreover, I guess, no one will notarise it since it's just the print out of a soft copy.

Good luck!! :hug:

armandra!

Guest katie0499

Yes, I was approved after 25 days =) Waiting for VIC was a torture (5 months!) I am filling up my 176 now =)

Oh.. ok.. I thought that everytime we attach something in black and white, we have to notarize =)

Also, I cannot find the specific Document Type for state sponsorship.

Amandra, is that advise based on your experience?

Also, I cannot find the specific Document Type for state sponsorship.

Amandra, is that advise based on your experience?

Which advice you talking about? The no-one-will-notarise-a-printout-of-a-soft-copy one? Or the one wherein I said you can just upload soft copy of the email as proof of SS?

The former is just common sense and the latter is what I've seen everyone doing. If you aren't sure, then someone will come along shortly to help.

armandra!

Guest katie0499
Which advice you talking about? The no-one-will-notarise-a-printout-of-a-soft-copy one? Or the one wherein I said you can just upload soft copy of the email as proof of SS?

The former is just common sense and the latter is what I've seen everyone doing. If you aren't sure, then someone will come along shortly to help.

armandra!

Haha! sorry for sounding suspicious. =P I am just being cautious as the eVisa attachment page does not allow removal of attachments =)

Guest VickyMel

Congrats on the WA SS Katie.

We just loaded a copy of the email from VIC (we pdf'd it) re out SS - decided if they wanted to checki it they could contact VIC and that they would get something from VIC anyway.

Some states, don't know re WA, like you to sign something and scan to say accepting.

We never got anything other than important certificates certified.

Guest Buddy

there are two parts to this:

part 1:

you've received an email from your sponsoring state saying: congratulations we've granted you sponsorship.

copy/paste this email into a Word document (or print the email into a PDF file)

then attach the file to the eVisa, as a proof of State Sponsorship

no need to notarize the email copy

part 2:

reply to your sponsoring state, send them your TRN number, and ask them to fill and send form 1100 to DIAC

DIAC in turn will attach this form to your application

Guest HoutoMel

Question:

Has anyone here had to (or know of the procedure to) make a change to your Vic SS application for situational changes and information updates?

Thanks

Question:

Has anyone here had to (or know of the procedure to) make a change to your Vic SS application for situational changes and information updates?

Thanks

Situational changes and information updates as in? :err:

armandra!

Guest Buddy
Question:

Thanks

not to scare you, but this is an extract from the VIC SS grant email:

Validity of Victorian Government sponsorship

1. Sponsorship is valid for four months from the date of this email. Sponsorship is only valid where there is no change to your circumstances or the information provided by you to the Victorian Government, and is conditional upon you and your dependants fulfilling all DIAC requirements.

I don't know what does it mean exactly.

what are the changes in your case?

Guest HoutoMel
Situational changes and information updates as in? :err:

armandra!

Changes as in CV updates to work, certifications, memberships. I've joined a handful of Australian/Victorian professional groups already for my industry and have completed coursework online with an institute in Melbourne regarding Australian Legislation and Governance as it relates to my field (and was a requirement of membership).

Also, given how long some people are waiting on VIC, it wouldn't be shocking to get my assessment back from VETASSESS and lodge my visa application. So I'm thinking that I would need to update them on that too (in the event of it being completed before they make their decision).

I already have about 7 years of experience in my field, plus a master's degree in the exact field (urban and regional planning), and I'm nearly complete with an American law degree (handy since Australia's Constitution is based on the US Constitution).

Lastly, possibilities of employment are starting to increase thanks to my friends and professional contacts already there.

So it's all a moving machine, all showing a commitment to Victoria. Hopefully it can help strengthen my case for VIC. Hopefully. :wink:

Guest Mongobear
Hi All,

Things are moving for me...all documentation met and letter received from CO asking for Medicals and PCCs.... Exciting, but at the same time scary if you know what I mean :)

Yoyo xx

I know exactly what you're talking about. It becomes so scaring real when things start moving. I think I'm gonna pass out when we really get the visa ... :swoon:

Changes as in CV updates to work, certifications, memberships. I've joined a handful of Australian/Victorian professional groups already for my industry and have completed coursework online with an institute in Melbourne regarding Australian Legislation and Governance as it relates to my field (and was a requirement of membership).

Also, given how long some people are waiting on VIC, it wouldn't be shocking to get my assessment back from VETASSESS and lodge my visa application. So I'm thinking that I would need to update them on that too (in the event of it being completed before they make their decision).

I already have about 7 years of experience in my field, plus a master's degree in the exact field (urban and regional planning), and I'm nearly complete with an American law degree (handy since Australia's Constitution is based on the US Constitution).

Lastly, possibilities of employment are starting to increase thanks to my friends and professional contacts already there.

So it's all a moving machine, all showing a commitment to Victoria. Hopefully it can help strengthen my case for VIC. Hopefully. :wink:

That just sounds promising to me. Not that I'm on the Industry Panel (IP) and can see your case through. How I wish I was, though :wink:

There are two possibilities now:

Scenario 1: Your app has already been sent to IP for taking a decision. Then, most probably, AFAIK, Vic wouldn't accept to update the CV or other info already provided as part of the app earlier. They will let you know about the same. No hassles. No showboating.

Scenario 2: If your app has not yet been forwarded to IP, then consider yourself lucky. They will update your file with the new CV and add the extra certifications/qualifications you send in. They will confirm the same. Good to go.

I'd say just drop a polite mail explaining whatever you need to update and sit back. Good luck!! :)

P.S: I had been in the same boat sometime ago. Just mailed my updated CV and vendor certifications completed lately, and they updated my file with the same.

armandra!

Hi All,

Things are moving for me...all documentation met and letter received from CO asking for Medicals and PCCs.... Exciting, but at the same time scary if you know what I mean :)

Yoyo xx

Awesome news Yoyo. Keep it rolling!! :cute:

armandra!

Guest Buddy

OK!

No.1: I have just checked your info, you did not receive the SS yet, this is not a change in your "circumstances"

by all means send the the new updates, it will help

a change in your circumstances will be something like having a new child, so, as long as you "behave ;) " , you will be fine

No.2 : Go Yanks go!

in the future, if you apply for the Australian citizenship, I advice you refrain from mentioning the fact that the Ozzi constitution is based on the US constitution

because those Ozzies "think" that their constitution was "enacted as a section of the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act 1900 (Imp), an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.", and you never know how they will react if you tell them the truth, mate :)

Guest HoutoMel
That just sounds promising to me. Not that I'm on the Industry Panel (IP) and can see your case through. How I wish I was, though :wink:

There are two possibilities now:

Scenario 1: Your app has already been sent to IP for taking a decision. Then, most probably, AFAIK, Vic wouldn't accept to update the CV or other info already provided as part of the app earlier. They will let you know about the same. No hassles. No showboating.

Scenario 2: If your app has not yet been forwarded to IP, then consider yourself lucky. They will update your file with the new CV and add the extra certifications/qualifications you send in. They will confirm the same. Good to go.

I'd say just drop a polite mail explaining whatever you need to update and sit back. Good luck!! :)

P.S: I had been in the same boat sometime ago. Just mailed my updated CV and vendor certifications completed lately, and they updated my file with the same.

armandra!

Thanks so much! Perhaps "armandra" is code for "wealth of knowledge?"

They will be hearing from me today!

Thanks again!

HoutoMel (Houston-to-Melbourne--hopefully!)

Guest HoutoMel
OK!

No.1: I have just checked your info, you did not receive the SS yet, this is not a change in your "circumstances"

by all means send the the new updates, it will help

a change in your circumstances will be something like having a new child, so, as long as you "behave ;) " , you will be fine

No.2 : Go Yanks go!

in the future, if you apply for the Australian citizenship, I advice you refrain from mentioning the fact that the Ozzi constitution is based on the US constitution

because those Ozzies "think" that their constitution was "enacted as a section of the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act 1900 (Imp), an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom."

Thanks Buddy!

And, duly noted on not mentioning the whole constitution thing. Will definitely keep it to myself, lol.

Guest Buddy

such a beautiful city, I have a web server hosted in Houston, and I love it!

may I ask you, what is your motive to leave? (if it is ok to tell :)

Thanks so much! Perhaps "armandra" is code for "wealth of knowledge?"

They will be hearing from me today!

Thanks again!

Wealth of knowledge and me??!

Not really. It just happened that I've been around quite long and know a thing or two about the inner working of the system. Simple. I'm no wiki. Thanks for the shout, anyway! :notworthy:

armandra!

Archived