new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest obelixous
Sorry to hear that obelixious. :-(

I believe you have backup plans.

Could let us know more details about you?

Specialization, exp, funds etc

Close to 14 years of experience across both .NET and J2EE. Specialization in the area of Business Process Management, Document Management and Document Imaging. Experience of working in Japan, Canada and US.

Funds declared were around 70K for self, spouse and one child.

I do not have back up plans as of now as I fall short of the 120 mark, will consider applying again with the new points test.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest obelixous
Hey obelixous,

sorry for your refusal. Will you be able to lodge a 175 instead or will you go for ACT, the NT or TAS ?

Whatever it is, good luck !

Cheers

Uli

Name: Obelixous

Date of SMP application: 5th Nov 2010

Trade/profession: ICT 261112 - System Analyst

Nationality: Indian

IELTS (if applicable): 9/7.5/7/8.5 = 8

Visa type:

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested: requested additional declaration

SS received:

comments:

Hi Uli

I will take a look at the occupation list of ACT, or apply after July when the new points test is in place. Considering taking a break as of now. All the best for your 176 app.

Obelixous

Guest lightning
Close to 14 years of experience across both .NET and J2EE. Specialization in the area of Business Process Management, Document Management and Document Imaging. Experience of working in Japan, Canada and US.

I do not have back up plans as of now as I fall short of the 120 mark, will consider applying again with the new points test.

Sorry about the rejection.

I have a sinking feeling now with my SS application...

I don't have as good experience as you have...:cry:

Guest Mongobear
Guys and girls,

I have some question and thanks in advance for your assistance. Do we have to certify the copy of IELTS certificate when we apply with papers?

Hi,

I'm not sure but I don't think it has to be certified since they'll look it up in the IELTS-online system anyway.

Cheerio

Uli

Guest seban123
Guys and girls,

I have some question and thanks in advance for your assistance. Do we have to certify the copy of IELTS certificate when we apply with papers?

As per my understanding you don't need to certify any documents which are colour scanned.

As per my understanding you don't need to certify any documents which are colour scanned.

Hi Seban,

Yes Seban, I think as long they accept colour scanned documents in the online application. logic sais same will be with papers :confused: believe me mate, certifying copies here will cost a fortune.

I now understand how wonderful is the online VISA application :err:

Please turn me BROWN too. Got the rejection last week. :(

obelixous,

Sorry to hear that :wacko:

Gosh, your profile is out of ordinary and I have no freaking clue how can the Industry Panel reject you. This is something I can't get my head around :err:

Don't be heart-broken and good luck for the future! :hug:

armandra!

Guest LizaMel

Congrats to all BLUEish and best wishes to BROWNies!

I'm the last Filipino standing on this thread - 2 blue, 2 brown, 1 green (me).

Hopefully I got positive result this week!!!

Congrats to all BLUEish and best wishes to BROWNies!

I'm the last Filipino standing on this thread - 2 blue, 2 brown, 1 green (me).

Hopefully I got positive result this week!!!

LizaMel,

That's the spirit! Good luck (looking forward to congratulate when you turn blue) !! :hug:

armandra!

Guest lightning
obelixous,

Sorry to hear that :wacko:

Gosh, your profile is out of ordinary and I have no freaking clue how can the Industry Panel reject you. This is something I can't get my head around :err:

Don't be heart-broken and good luck for the future! :hug:

armandra!

I do feel the same way: how can they reject someone like obelixous...

Life is really... unpredicatable

Guest lightning
Quiet days make me sad. As long as the relies keep coming i can just about keep the faith that i will hear one day, 7th Nov can't be long now......Please.............

so you submit your application on 7th Nov?

If so, that is weird that you haven't got the reply...

I submitted way later...

so you submit your application on 7th Nov?

If so, that is weird that you haven't got the reply...

I submitted way later...

I know - it is soooo frustrating there seams to no ryme or reason to the way Vic does these things, and when you ask for an update you only get standard replies. Just trting to stay calm, hopefully will have heard by the 15th, or will start trying to get en update again.

Guest Buddy

22-7-10: ACS App | 13-8-10 - IELTS 8| 29-08-10: ACS Done | 05-11-10: Vic SS | Vic Rejected 07-04-11

mate, you have 8 IELTS, this is 20 points on the new system

>8 years experience, this is 15 points.

I think you will have enough points for a 175

my best wishes to you.

Guest Buddy
I think you have to have 8 in all sectors, rather than 8 overall. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards, P.

you are correct.

obelixous got 7 in Writing, and I'm sure he can get 8 in it

the killer in writing is the spelling, work on that and you shall nail it.

I sat the IELTS two times, I got a 9, I got 8.5s, 8s and 7.5s , except in writing, both times got 6.5, because my spelling is worse than a school boy's (no offence school boys!), thanks to Auto-Correct in MS Word!

I never worked on my writing skills, so don't take me for a raw model ! :)

Guest lightning
Eerie quiet.

totally right!

Another thought, maybe the active members all got their results so most of them don't post message now?

totally right!

Another thought, maybe the active members all got their results so most of them don't post message now?

To be honest, the answer is YES.

Almost all of the torch-bearers of this thread were from Nov 1st or 2nd week. So, it kinda leaves me with pretty much nothing to post these days :err: I miss all that nonsense talk which made perfect sense back then, but now when I go back to previous pages, feel it was all kinda silly just to make ourselves feel that we are actually doing something worthwhile by coming up with various analytical theories about Vic's processing priority and acceptance/rejection logic.

Awwwwwwwww, those were the days ......... :cute:

Not that I expect to jump the queue (applied on Jan 6th), but then wish I had done that earlier. If only wishes were horses...... :wink:

P.S: Vicky, Uli, auzsci, lankan, seban, md8008, machang, big bob, mpogr, manj, yoyo, foha, oz or not, groupm - come on guys how on earth could you desert us Vic-hopefuls ........ :hug:

armandra!

Archived