new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

If you are appealing rejection maybe try also to show some connection to VIC and also maybe copy some job ads that you would eligible to apply for from SEEK etc to show there are jobs out there and attach these as well.

Good luck all hate seeinging all these rejections.

Hi Mel

Thank you so much!!! ...You gave me a really wild idea :cute::wink:...Will let you know what but thanks :hug::smile:

Big Bob

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 April 2011 - Important update about your sponsorship application

Sponsorship Applications under current Points Test -

submit by 5pm on 2 May 2011.

• to allow enough time for visa applications to be lodged with DIAC under the current Points Test, all completed applications should be received by Immigration SA before 5pm (Adelaide local time) on Monday 2 May 2011.

• this means that your online sponsorship application and supporting documents should be submitted to and registered by Immigration SA before 5pm (Adelaide local time) on Monday 2 May 2011.

• please be aware that the Online Application System will be closed at 5pm (Adelaide local time) on Monday 2 May 2011. If your application is received after that time, it will not be processed.

• Immigration SA will endeavour to finalise applications received by the May deadline before 1 July 2011, to enable you to lodge your visa application with DIAC under the current Points Test. Please check the Online Client Tracking System for results, which will be available as soon as a decision is made on your application.

• all applications will be processed in order of receipt of complete documentation. Please be aware that due to the anticipated volume of applications, Immigration SA cannot guarantee that all applications will be finalised before 1 July 2011.

• you should also be aware that there are Planning Levels for all occupations on the current State Sponsored Migration List. Once the Planning Level for a specific occupation has been reached, that occupation will no longer be available for sponsorship. This means that applications already submitted for that occupation will not proceed

• to be considered under the current Points Test, you need to lodge your visa application with DIAC before 1 July 2011; otherwise your visa application will be assessed against the new Points Test and criteria.

• once details of South Australia’s Sponsorship criteria for 2011-2012 have been finalised, the Online Application System will be reopened.

• please regularly check the Immigration SA website for updated information.

State Migration Plan South Australia :: Make The Move

Wish VIC shouldn't impose the same rule.... :wubclub:

Fiancé is preparing his application to apply for VIC SS... Hurry up peeps.... :jiggy:

Guest DRose
Congratulations ALL BLUES AND HANG-ON ALL BROWNS...GREEN ONES A week to go to be either blue or brown....

Yes!

I wish you all goods!!!

Guest haideeali

Hi MongoBear,

Me and my friend love this forum. Please add me and my friend as well to the Jan 2011 Applicants. Here is our info:

Name: ABK

Date of SMP application: 7th Jan 2011

Date of Application Ref Received: 1st Feb 2011

Trade/profession: ICT 261313 Software Engineer

Nationality: Pakistani

IELTS (if applicable): Overall 7

Visa type: 176

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested: requested commitment statement

SS received:

comments:

Name: Iffi

Date of SMP application: 1st Jan 2011

Date of Application Ref Received: 18th Jan 2011

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments:

Wish everyone all the best......

Hi OZ,

How is situation in Jordan now. Is it safe on the streets? You see all these images on TV about what is happening across Arab world atm, demonstrations, protests etc.

Kind regards,

MOTO

Thanks mate for your concern :smile: Actually, I don't live in Jordan, and in fact I'm originally not Arabian. I just hold the Jordanian citizenship and currently reside outside of Jordan. So, really I don't know what's going on there. However, people around me chatting and saying everything is normal. Clashes and actions occur in certain locations and everything running normally.

Thanks again mate

Thanks mate for your concern :smile: Actually, I don't live in Jordan, and in fact I'm originally not Arabian. I just hold the Jordanian citizenship and currently reside outside of Jordan. So, really I don't know what's going on there. However, people around me chatting and saying everything is normal. Clashes and actions occur in certain locations and everything running normally.

Thanks again mate

Oh, I see. It’s nice to know that you safe, especially with everything that recently has been happening across the Arab region.

Good luck with your 176 SS visa application.:biggrin:

Kind regards,

MOTO

Oh, I see. It’s nice to know that you safe, especially with everything that recently hasbeen happening across the Arab region.

Good luck with your 176 SS visa application.:biggrin:

Kind regards,

MOTO

Thanks Moto :cute: Wish it will go smooth, my situation is totally strange. I don't know for how many countries I have to prepare a police statement for. I've lived in many countries for more than 12 months in the last 10 years :confused: I'll phone call immigration tomorrow and ask for more details.

I don't know where are you now Moto, and I don't see your details on the first page. So, wish you best luck if you were working on any kind of application. :wubclub:

Good luck to all :hug:

Guest Mongobear

Heyho,

you're both in. Good luck for your applications and please update us once you have an outcome.

Cheerio

Uli

Hi MongoBear,

Me and my friend love this forum. Please add me and my friend as well to the Jan 2011 Applicants. Here is our info:

Name: ABK

Date of SMP application: 7th Jan 2011

Date of Application Ref Received: 1st Feb 2011

Delays/further docs requested: requested commitment statement

SS received:

comments:

Name: Iffi

Date of SMP application: 1st Jan 2011

Date of Application Ref Received: 18th Jan 2011

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments:

Wish everyone all the best......

Guest Mongobear

Hey VICings,

sorry that I did not have much time during the last week. I'm not sure whether I responded to each and every post but just to be on the safe side:

I'm sorry for our Brownies especially for those who were actively posting in this thread during the last couple of months. I really hope all of you have some alternative plans to go for. I know most of you have so I don't feel that bad. So chins up, bite the bullet and get it done. Don't waste time and get the ball running. Even if the option is a 2nd application and will cost you another 2575AU$. Better shelling out another lump of gold than to be left out in the cold. It's worth it, so do it.

Our Blueys. Well, most of them won't even remember that thread any longer since they're already in the cat2 thread (which is by the way by far not that personal) or are busy preparing an last-minute application. Again, well done fellaz and I really hope all of you will receive their 886/176 in no time. DIAC's is moving very fast so I don't think it will take very long. Just remember that one guy (edit: lady (thanks armandra :wink:) from our VIC-thread (auzsci?)... 3 months for getting the sponsorship, lodging the visa-application and receiving the PR. Wow! That's how it should work for all applications.

And finally those who are still waiting for an outcome. I hope Big Daddy Bob is right and all applicants will have an outcome until April 15th. I think also VIC want's to clear the backlog and get some applications into DIAC before the new points test hits so I think it's likely that they're finally moving fast. My fingers are crossed for you guys.

Enjoy the weekend VICings and of course also those who now (have to) join other crews!

Cheerio

Uli

Guest auzsci
Hey VICings,

Our Blueys. Well, most of them won't even remember that thread any longer since they're already in the cat2 thread (which is by the way by far not that personal) or are busy preparing an last-minute application. Again, well done fellaz and I really hope all of you will receive their 886/176 in no time. DIAC's is moving very fast so I don't think it will take very long. Just remember that one guy (edit: lady (thanks armandra :wink:) from our VIC-thread (auzsci?)... 3 months for getting the sponsorship, lodging the visa-application and receiving the PR. Wow! That's how it should work for all applications.

Enjoy the weekend VICings and of course also those who now (have to) join other crews!

Cheerio

Uli

Yep, that's me! Thanks Armandra for pointing out that I'm indeed all woman! :biglaugh:

It was very fast. VIC SS took longer (2 months) than getting the PR (1 month!)...

Wish all the blues a very fast turnaround and I'm really sorry for all those got rejected. :hug:

Guest DRose
Hello all

I have been following this thread since day 1, I check it like 20 times a day...

and I wanted to add my info long time ago, but was too depressed, mostly with DIAC when they cancelled the CSL and MODL lists.

yesterday in the morning an email from VIC was sitting at the top of my inbox, I swear you could hear my old ticker racing up! my eyes gazed through the very long email, and it was there "successful"

I yelled for my wife, I hugged my two little nippers, and let us say that I got "emotional" :)

right away, I logged in to the DIAC's website, to find out my old 175 is still there! I went through it, updated the information, and pulled out my credit card, it took me 16 hours!

I did not want to waist a single day, I have learnt my lesson very well.

I will spend the next few days attaching documents to my 176 application.

I want to congratulate everyone who got an SS

and to condoles everyone who didn't, and wish you best luck with your alternative plans.

I will move to the Priority 2 thread, but I will also keep reading here every day as long as the thread remains alive.

I feel I know you all, like a big family, thank you all, every single one of you.

yours, Abdul

Yahoo!!!

Yes!!! yahoo.gifgiri05055.gif c264861c4fcbedac67fba0fb5bbd6e9b.gifpk.gif

It was hard and long waiting.

Definitely you deserve it!

:hug:

Your deserve to be an Aussi PR soon.

yes.gif :biggrin:

Guest Buddy
Yahoo!!!

Yes!!! yahoo.gifgiri05055.gif c264861c4fcbedac67fba0fb5bbd6e9b.gifpk.gif

It was hard and long waiting.

Definitely you deserve it!

:hug:

yes.gif :biggrin:

Thank you love, start packing, and get the kids dressed for the beach!

no more sand storms of the Arabian summers, nor -35 C of the Russian winters!

Thanks Moto :cute: Wish it will go smooth, my situation is totally strange. I don't know for how many countries I have to prepare a police statement for. I've lived in many countries for more than 12 months in the last 10 years :confused: I'll phone call immigration tomorrow and ask for more details.

I don't know where are you now Moto, and I don't see your details on the first page. So, wish you best luck if you were working on any kind of application. :wubclub:

Good luck to all :hug:

Hi OZ.

I am from continental Europe. You won’t find my details on this thread as I applied for 175 visa and expect my visa to be finalised by June 2011. That is, in a couple of months I will have PR. :wink:

Kind regards,

MOTO

Guest Lankan1

Guys and girls!

I hope most of you have previous experience with 175 online application. Since I'm going to prepare one I will need your valuable help! We have submitted ACS apps on Feb 24th and still its in the "processing" state, I'm just wondering whether it is possible to SUBMIT an online 175 application without attaching ACS outcome letter. I'm really nervous that DIAC will suspend by the time I get the ACS and with new point test it'll be bit harder for me.

I have everything in hand except for ACS letter.

Any idea?

Guys and girls!

I hope most of you have previous experience with 175 online application. Since I'm going to prepare one I will need your valuable help! We have submitted ACS apps on Feb 24th and still its in the "processing" state, I'm just wondering whether it is possible to SUBMIT an online 175 application without attaching ACS outcome letter. I'm really nervous that DIAC will suspend by the time I get the ACS and with new point test it'll be bit harder for me.

I have everything in hand except for ACS letter.

Any idea?

Hi Lankan,

Unfortunately, one cannot lodge 175 visa application without having obtained skills assessment first. Moreover, you will be asked to provide a ref. number of your skills assessment. There is a separate text field for it.

Hope it helps,

MOTO

Guest Buddy
Hi Lankan,

Unfortunately, one cannot lodge 175 visa application without having obtained skills assessment first. Moreover, you will be asked to provide a ref. number of your skills assessment. There is a separate text field for it.

Hope it helps,

MOTO

True

however, if you are really tight on time and have to submit a 175 before you receive your ACS PASA letter, you can lodge your 175 and supply the reference number you received online from ACS, keep in mind you are gambling away 2600$ AUD...

I wont do so unless I am 99% sure I will get a positive PASA, AND I am really desperate on submitting my 175 now.

otherwise just wait and play it right

Guest avioz
Please turn me BROWN too. Got the rejection last week. :(

Sorry to hear that obelixious. :-(

I believe you have backup plans.

Could let us know more details about you?

Specialization, exp, funds etc

Guest Mongobear
Please turn me BROWN too. Got the rejection last week. :(

Hey obelixous,

sorry for your refusal. Will you be able to lodge a 175 instead or will you go for ACT, the NT or TAS ?

Whatever it is, good luck !

Cheers

Uli

Name: Obelixous

Date of SMP application: 5th Nov 2010

Trade/profession: ICT 261112 - System Analyst

Nationality: Indian

IELTS (if applicable): 9/7.5/7/8.5 = 8

Visa type:

Delays/further docs requested: requested additional declaration

SS received:

comments:

Guest tycsee

Quick question for the ones getting the results from Vic - are these the application dates (4th Nov or 5th Nov) or the dates when Vic sent you the acknowledgement? I understand usually there is a gap of about a week to two weeks... between application and acknowledgement email.

Quick question for the ones getting the results from Vic - are these the application dates (4th Nov or 5th Nov) or the dates when Vic sent you the acknowledgement? I understand usually there is a gap of about a week to two weeks... between application and acknowledgement email.

I've received it same hour Tysee

Guest swan2748

Hi guys,

Just to let you know I got my pre-grant letter on Friday. Congratulations to all who have received VIC sponsorship recently! :biggrin:

Condolences to those who received negative result :hug: ... hope you have other options open.

Good luck to those still waiting --- I hope you hear the good news soon.:jiggy:

Thank you for your support everyone!

Guest lightning
Hi guys,

Just to let you know I got my pre-grant letter on Friday. Congratulations to all who have received VIC sponsorship recently! :biggrin:

Condolences to those who received negative result :hug: ... hope you have other options open.

Good luck to those still waiting --- I hope you hear the good news soon.:jiggy:

Thank you for your support everyone!

Good for you!

Archived