new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Please turn me BROWN !

12 years experience as programmer/analyst (with solid experience in Oracle, SAP, java and C++) in contracting/outsourcing, multi-national companies in the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Japan and Europe.

Fund: AUD 97,000.00 (single applicant).

GOODBYE VICTORIA.

Tootzkie,

Sorry to hear the bad news. I feel that's an awesome profile! Dunno what the Industry Panel look at :err:

Try ACT or may be go for 175 since DIAC is processing cat 3's really fast. Good luck!! :hug:

armandra!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mongobear
Please turn me BROWN just got the rejection.

Hey buddy,

sorry to read that. I'm afraid an appeal will be to no avail but there's nothing to lose so go for it.

Cheers

Uli

Guest lightning
Please turn me BROWN !

12 years experience as programmer/analyst (with solid experience in Oracle, SAP, java and C++) in contracting/outsourcing, multi-national companies in the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Japan and Europe.

GOODBYE VICTORIA.

Oh, sorry to hear that.

Another great guy is blocked...

Guest Mongobear
Please turn me BROWN !

GOODBYE VICTORIA.

Hey tootzkie,

sorry for your rejection. Is there a chance for a 175 for you or do you plan to apply for any other states?

Cheers

Uli

Guest seban123
I'm a bluey chaps!

Best of luck to the rest of you guys!

congrats mate...

all the best for ur 176

Guest seban123
Please turn me BROWN !

GOODBYE VICTORIA.

Sorry to hear that..

I hope you have a good back up plan..

Congratulations Savanna, yoyo33, rehman, harshal,

As JShan mentioned earlier there is a delay of 3-4 weeks if you are applying paper based.

All the best for your 176..

Thanks mate,

I heard about the paper based delay and made the point to my agent. My application has been checked and is complete ready to be e-loaded to DIAC which includes the updated form 1276 as at 02 Apr.

Cheers

yoyo333

PS I feel really gutted for all the rejections being received ATM

Hi Uli and all

I have received the e-mail finally. You can turn me Blue :)

4 years experience as Software Developer in Banking Trade Finance System.

3 years experience as System Analyst (Banking Trade Finance System, Money Laundry system, Core Banking System).

Working for a company with good reputation, didn’t reach international level yet but has business in many countries. The company has business in Banking, telecommunication and high education.

I mentioned funds of 85K and have only my wife, No children.

I have 175 running, and I will start now figuring out what to do so I can apply for 176.

Is it going to work if I change e-mail and apply for 176 online? Any idea guys?

Guest Mongobear
Hi Uli and all

3 years experience as System Analyst (Banking Trade Finance System, Money Laundry system, Core Banking System).

Working for a company with good reputation, didn’t reach international level yet but has business in many countries. The company has business in Banking, telecommunication and high education.

I have 175 running, and I will start now figuring out what to do so I can apply for 176.

Congrats Ozzie. Well done !

Cheers Uli (still in workshop)

Guest seban123

Congrats only to Oz :)

If you have one existing online application, the system won't allow you to apply for another.

System is comparing your DOB & Passport number which you can't bypass..

You can either withdraw the existing application or go for a paper based..

Whichever decision you take, consider all the pros and cons of both..

All the best

Congrats only to Oz :)

If you have one existing online application, the system won't allow you to apply for another.

System is comparing your DOB & Passport number which you can't bypass..

You can either withdraw the existing application or go for a paper based..

Whichever decision you take, consider all the pros and cons of both..

All the best

Thank you Seban :smile: that was really helping,, you saved me actually sometime by sharing this information. I areally appreciate it mate :notworthy:

Hi Uli and all

Congrats mate! Good luck with your 176!! :hug:

armandra!

Guest lightning
Hi Uli and all

Congratulation!

Hope you can bring us more luck!

Guest Lankan1

Those who in My Brown Boat! I'm so sorry guys......! launch your survival plans soon!:witch-broom: Those in Uli's Blue boat!!! CONGRATS! relax & have fun!

Guest Buddy

Hello all

I have been following this thread since day 1, I check it like 20 times a day...

and I wanted to add my info long time ago, but was too depressed, mostly with DIAC when they cancelled the CSL and MODL lists.

please add my info, in blue, I received a grant yesterday 7/Apr/2011

Name: Buddy (Abdul)

Date of SMP application: 10th Nov 2010

Trade/profession: ICT 2231-79 (nec) -CISSP

Nationality: Lebanese

IELTS: 8.5/7.5/6.5/8 - Overall 7.5

Visa type: 176 applied 08/Apr/2011

DIAC Priority: 2

Delays/further docs requested: a second declaration

SS received: 7 April 2011

comments: Case ID SS-2010-0283x did not increase

I have 11 years experience, currently working for the government in Saudi Arabia.

specialized in IT Service Management (ITIL stuff), and IT Security Management, Operational Security and Disaster Recovery.

I started Project-Down-Under 2 years ago, I had 110 points, not enough for 175

I started a VIC SS application mid 2009, but did not submit it, I thought: I don't need VIC, they need me! I will get a CISSP certificate and apply for 175

I got the CISSP designation Jul-2009, it was on the MODL list, this made my points 125

also the CISSP was on the CSL list, meaning high priority processing of the 175 (within 6 months), who cares about 176! (big mistake!)

I sat IELTS early 2010 (got all above 7 but for writing: 6.5)

I sent my papers to ACS end of Jan-2010 (this was the killer mistake, I should have done it the moment I got my CISSP)

next day after dispatching the papers to ACS, I started the 175 application online, so it will be ready once my ACS paper comes.

it was very tempting for me to actually submit the 175 application, without waiting for the ACS, I knew I will receive a positive ACS paper (another big mistake: no wonder arrogance is a sin!) and it will arrive way before getting a CO, I already have my ACS reference number, this is all I need.. so why not?

however I did not do it, as I did not need to gamble 2575$ AUD for nothing, I decided to wait for the ACS result, I have all the time! (this was end of Jan-2010)

8-Feb-2010, I woke up, to find out that Chris Evans had already woke up 7 hours earlier, and out of the blue he revoked the MODL and CSL.. WTF Chris ?!! no need to describe how I felt..

I wanted to kill myself for not gambling and the feeling became worse after I received my positive ACS paper.

by the way, I had a colleague, who went exactly my path, CISSP, the only difference is he did not waste time and applied directly to ACS, and he submitted his 175 3 days before the MODL-CSL revocation, he got the visa in 6 months, and he is now in Melbourne as of 1-Jan-2011, if I was not lazy applying for ACS, I would have been there already.

April-2011, VIC sent me an email that I have not completed my SS application, and that I have few days if I wish to complete it, I did the most stupid thing and I did NOT finish the application, I was thinking I will resit IELTS and get that missing 0.5 mark and go for 175, as you all know May came and every thing got suspended !

I waited till the new SMP came, and applied for VIC SS, I included with the application a letter to VIC, practically kissing their bottoms for a grant.

the waiting was so heavy, you all have been there and you know what I am talking about...

I was so desperate that I wanted any answer, just to get out of the limbo

and to make things worse my ACS is due to expire by 27-Apr-2011

and I am not eligible for ACS review, as my ACS letter arrived "early" 3 days :)

to be eligible your PASA must be dated 1-May-2010 or later.

yesterday in the morning an email from VIC was sitting at the top of my inbox, I swear you could hear my old ticker racing up! my eyes gazed through the very long email, and it was there "successful"

I yelled for my wife, I hugged my two little nippers, and let us say that I got "emotional" :)

right away, I logged in to the DIAC's website, to find out my old 175 is still there! I went through it, updated the information, and pulled out my credit card, it took me 16 hours!

I did not want to waste a single day, I have learnt my lesson very well.

I will spend the next few days attaching documents to my 176 application.

I want to congratulate everyone who got an SS

and to condoles everyone who didn't, and wish you best luck with your alternative plans.

I will move to the Priority 2 thread, but I will also keep reading here every day as long as the thread remains alive.

I feel I know you all, like a big family, thank you all, every single one of you.

yours, Abdul

Hi jeffjen0626,

Best of luck with your 176.

Would you please share your information?

Thanks

Thanks Kashif,

I applied Nov. 4, first batch I guess since Vic SS reopened.

Got my wife, daughter and mother as dependents and declared

50k aud as available funds.

Archived