new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Finally! After more than 5 months of waiting, I got it! Please turn me blue! Woo hooo! Hope everyone would get their SS soon! Thanks for this wonderful thread... I will not forget this Vic SS experience! Haha!

Congrats mate and good luck with for getting 176 really fast! :hug:

armandra!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello all

I have been following this thread since day 1, I check it like 20 times a day...

and I wanted to add my info long time ago, but was too depressed, mostly with DIAC when they cancelled the CSL and MODL lists.

please add my info, in blue, I received a grant yesterday 7/Apr/2011

Name: Buddy (Abdul)

Date of SMP application: 10th Nov 2010

Trade/profession: ICT 2231-79 (nec) -CISSP

Nationality: Lebanese

IELTS: 8.5/7.5/6.5/8 - Overall 7.5

Visa type: 176 applied 08/Apr/2011

DIAC Priority: 2

Delays/further docs requested: a second declaration

SS received: 7 April 2011

comments: Case ID SS-2010-0283x did not increase

I feel I know you all, like a big family, thank you all, every single one of you.

yours, Abdul

Abdul,

Wooooooooooooooooo! That was a sweet-long-emotionally-heavy-and-heart-touching narration!! :cute:

Ever thought of getting into writing novels or something like that?! :wink: Me sure you gonna make it big. Hats off to your patience and perseverance!!! :)

Congrats for turning Blue!! :hug:

armandra!

Guest Kashif Manzoor

Can anyone guess about people who applied in December 2010,

when their results will start coming?:wideeyed:

Guest avioz
Hello all

I have been following this thread since day 1, I check it like 20 times a day...

and I wanted to add my info long time ago, but was too depressed, mostly with DIAC when they cancelled the CSL and MODL lists.

I will move to the Priority 2 thread, but I will also keep reading here every day as long as the thread remains alive.

I feel I know you all, like a big family, thank you all, every single one of you.

yours, Abdul

Congrats Buddy!!!

Nice post, Loved to read this along.

As armanda mentioned Hats off to your Patience and Determination!!!

Your deserve to be an Aussi PR soon.

Guest Buddy
Abdul,

Wooooooooooooooooo! That was a sweet-long-emotionally-heavy-and-heart-touching narration!! :cute:

Ever thought of getting into writing novels or something like that?! :wink: Me sure you gonna make it big. Hats off to your patience and perseverance!!! :)

Congrats for turning Blue!! :hug:

armandra!

Thank you Armandra :)

do you believe that in the two times I sat the IELTS I got 6.5 in writing ?! :)

my highest marks in reading was 8.5, listening 8.5, speaking 8 but writing was always 6.5 !!

I appealed two times, and got negative outcome two times as well :) I even wrote a "complaint" letter to Carl Rhymer, the IELTS examination head in London (sent by regular post) and it was all in vain ! :)

I hated him more than I hated Chris Evans :)

Thank you Armandra :)

do you believe that in the two times I sat the IELTS I got 6.5 in writing ?! :)

my highest marks in reading was 8.5, listening 8.5, speaking 8 but writing was always 6.5 !!

I appealed two times, and got negative outcome two times as well :) I even wrote a "complaint" letter to Carl Rhymer, the IELTS examination head in London (sent by regular post) and it was all in vain ! :)

I hated him more than I hated Chris Evans :)

Ha ha ha good one mate!!! :laugh:

armandra!

Guest avioz
Finally! After more than 5 months of waiting, I got it! Please turn me blue! Woo hooo! Hope everyone would get their SS soon! Thanks for this wonderful thread... I will not forget this Vic SS experience! Haha!

Congrats mate,

All the best for your 176!!!

Guest Mongobear

Congrats jeffjen ... just turned you blue.

Guest Mongobear
Hello all

Same to you Abdul. Congrats and thanks for joining. :hug:

Congratulations Jeffjen :smile: That's amazing,

Wish you luck mate with your next step,, I agree with you,, this is a wonderful thread,, and made this experience much more exciting. Without it, it was going to be like waiting in a dark room for the unpredictable :eek:

again Wish you luck mate. :cute: and wish all waiting people get the SS soon :hug:

Guest foha2012

Mates,

Out of 101 applicants, 45 have gotten results so far - 56 still remain. According to "the great Bob", we should all get results by the 15th of March. Only 7 days remain. We should see an average of 8 decisions per day!

Uli, there might be some green who may have gotten results but haven't reported here.. Is there a way to ask them ? maybe email them asking them to update their status ?

Meanwhile, I sit here and wait and witness so many happy people.. And for those who got rejected - don't loose heart, there will always be other states, remember, VIC is the hardest to get sponsorship from.

Cheers,

TAA

Hello all

I have 11 years experience, currently working for the government in Saudi Arabia.

specialized in IT Service Management (ITIL stuff), and IT Security Management, Operational Security and Disaster Recovery.

I started Project-Down-Under 2 years ago, I had 110 points, not enough for 175

I started a VIC SS application mid 2009, but did not submit it, I thought: I don't need VIC, they need me! I will get a CISSP certificate and apply for 175

I got the CISSP designation Jul-2009, it was on the MODL list, this made my points 125

also the CISSP was on the CSL list, meaning high priority processing of the 175 (within 6 months), who cares about 176! (big mistake!)

I sat IELTS early 2010 (got all above 7 but for writing: 6.5)

I sent my papers to ACS end of Jan-2010 (this was the killer mistake, I should have done it the moment I got my CISSP)

next day after dispatching the papers to ACS, I started the 175 application online, so it will be ready once my ACS paper comes.

it was very tempting for me to actually submit the 175 application, without waiting for the ACS, I knew I will receive a positive ACS paper (another big mistake: no wonder arrogance is a sin!) and it will arrive way before getting a CO, I already have my ACS reference number, this is all I need.. so why not?

however I did not do it, as I did not need to gamble 2575$ AUD for nothing, I decided to wait for the ACS result, I have all the time! (this was end of Jan-2010)

8-Feb-2010, I woke up, to find out that Chris Evans had already woke up 7 hours earlier, and out of the blue he revoked the MODL and CSL.. WTF Chris ?!! no need to describe how I felt..

I wanted to kill myself for not gambling and the feeling became worse after I received my positive ACS paper.

by the way, I had a colleague, who went exactly my path, CISSP, the only difference is he did not waist time and applied directly to ACS, and he submitted his 175 3 days before the MODL-CSL revocation, he got the visa in 6 months, and he is now in Melbourne as of 1-Jan-2011, if I was not lazy applying for ACS, I would have been there already.

April-2011, VIC sent me an email that I have not completed my SS application, and that I have few days if I wish to complete it, I did the most stupid thing and I did NOT finish the application, I was thinking I will resit IELTS and get that missing 0.5 mark and go for 175, as you all know May came and every thing got suspended !

I waited till the new SMP came, and applied for VIC SS, I included with the application a letter to VIC, practically kissing their bottoms for a grant.

the waiting was so heavy, you all have been there and you know what I am talking about...

I was so desperate that I wanted any answer, just to get out of the limbo

and to make things worse my ACS is due to expire by 27-Apr-2011

and I am not eligible for ACS review, as my ACS letter arrived "early" 3 days :)

to be eligible your PASA must be dated 1-May-2010 or later.

yesterday in the morning an email from VIC was sitting at the top of my inbox, I swear you could hear my old ticker racing up! my eyes gazed through the very long email, and it was there "successful"

I yelled for my wife, I hugged my two little nippers, and let us say that I got "emotional" :)

right away, I logged in to the DIAC's website, to find out my old 175 is still there! I went through it, updated the information, and pulled out my credit card, it took me 16 hours!

I did not want to waist a single day, I have learnt my lesson very well.

I will spend the next few days attaching documents to my 176 application.

I want to congratulate everyone who got an SS

and to condoles everyone who didn't, and wish you best luck with your alternative plans.

I will move to the Priority 2 thread, but I will also keep reading here every day as long as the thread remains alive.

yours, Abdul

Congratulation Buddy :smile:

Congrats jeffjen ... just turned you blue.

Thanks Uli! I must say that you're one of the people who has made this thread wonderful and very helpful to all Vic SS applicants. Thank you so much mate! Hope to see you in Vic.

God bless! :biggrin:

Congratulations Jeffjen :smile: That's amazing,

Wish you luck mate with your next step,, I agree with you,, this is a wonderful thread,, and made this experience much more exciting. Without it, it was going to be like waiting in a dark room for the unpredictable :eek:

again Wish you luck mate. :cute: and wish all waiting people get the SS soon :hug:

Thanks mate! I'm sure everyone would agree.:wink:

Guest soumya
Hello all

I have 11 years experience, currently working for the government in Saudi Arabia.

specialized in IT Service Management (ITIL stuff), and IT Security Management, Operational Security and Disaster Recovery.

I started Project-Down-Under 2 years ago, I had 110 points, not enough for 175

I started a VIC SS application mid 2009, but did not submit it, I thought: I don't need VIC, they need me! I will get a CISSP certificate and apply for 175

I got the CISSP designation Jul-2009, it was on the MODL list, this made my points 125

also the CISSP was on the CSL list, meaning high priority processing of the 175 (within 6 months), who cares about 176! (big mistake!)

I sat IELTS early 2010 (got all above 7 but for writing: 6.5)

I sent my papers to ACS end of Jan-2010 (this was the killer mistake, I should have done it the moment I got my CISSP)

next day after dispatching the papers to ACS, I started the 175 application online, so it will be ready once my ACS paper comes.

it was very tempting for me to actually submit the 175 application, without waiting for the ACS, I knew I will receive a positive ACS paper (another big mistake: no wonder arrogance is a sin!) and it will arrive way before getting a CO, I already have my ACS reference number, this is all I need.. so why not?

however I did not do it, as I did not need to gamble 2575$ AUD for nothing, I decided to wait for the ACS result, I have all the time! (this was end of Jan-2010)

8-Feb-2010, I woke up, to find out that Chris Evans had already woke up 7 hours earlier, and out of the blue he revoked the MODL and CSL.. WTF Chris ?!! no need to describe how I felt..

I wanted to kill myself for not gambling and the feeling became worse after I received my positive ACS paper.

by the way, I had a colleague, who went exactly my path, CISSP, the only difference is he did not waist time and applied directly to ACS, and he submitted his 175 3 days before the MODL-CSL revocation, he got the visa in 6 months, and he is now in Melbourne as of 1-Jan-2011, if I was not lazy applying for ACS, I would have been there already.

April-2011, VIC sent me an email that I have not completed my SS application, and that I have few days if I wish to complete it, I did the most stupid thing and I did NOT finish the application, I was thinking I will resit IELTS and get that missing 0.5 mark and go for 175, as you all know May came and every thing got suspended !

I waited till the new SMP came, and applied for VIC SS, I included with the application a letter to VIC, practically kissing their bottoms for a grant.

the waiting was so heavy, you all have been there and you know what I am talking about...

I was so desperate that I wanted any answer, just to get out of the limbo

and to make things worse my ACS is due to expire by 27-Apr-2011

and I am not eligible for ACS review, as my ACS letter arrived "early" 3 days :)

to be eligible your PASA must be dated 1-May-2010 or later.

yesterday in the morning an email from VIC was sitting at the top of my inbox, I swear you could hear my old ticker racing up! my eyes gazed through the very long email, and it was there "successful"

I yelled for my wife, I hugged my two little nippers, and let us say that I got "emotional" :)

right away, I logged in to the DIAC's website, to find out my old 175 is still there! I went through it, updated the information, and pulled out my credit card, it took me 16 hours!

I did not want to waist a single day, I have learnt my lesson very well.

I will spend the next few days attaching documents to my 176 application.

I want to congratulate everyone who got an SS

and to condoles everyone who didn't, and wish you best luck with your alternative plans.

yours, Abdul

Congrats Buddy - the main thing is that you did it post the long & windy route.

And that's what counts mate ...

Guest soumya
Hi Uli and all

I have received the e-mail finally. You can turn me Blue :)

4 years experience as Software Developer in Banking Trade Finance System.

3 years experience as System Analyst (Banking Trade Finance System, Money Laundry system, Core Banking System).

Working for a company with good reputation, didn’t reach international level yet but has business in many countries. The company has business in Banking, telecommunication and high education.

I mentioned funds of 85K and have only my wife, No children.

I have 175 running, and I will start now figuring out what to do so I can apply for 176.

Is it going to work if I change e-mail and apply for 176 online? Any idea guys?

Congrats "Oz or Not to Oz".

Well I reckon you should now change this name to "Off to Ozz" :laugh: on the blueey boat

Guest soumya

Ladies & Gents,

Heard that 175-Tier3 applicants who had filled online in Feb 11 are also getting emails stating that CO would be allocated in 3 months.

Though unaware of the exact "selection" criterion.

Seems like the "chosen" ones amongst the Tier 3- 175 would get their tickets soon.

Congrats "Oz or Not to Oz".

Well I reckon you should now change this name to "Off to Ozz" :laugh: on the blueey boat

Haha, yeh I was so in doubt whether I'll get the SS when I've created this account :laugh: anyway, I love it though and will not change it :cute:

Thank you Soumya and wish you the best :v_SPIN:

Hi OZ,

How is situation in Jordan now. Is it safe on the streets? You see all these images on TV about what is happening across Arab world atm, demonstrations, protests etc.

Kind regards,

MOTO

Oh No!!!

My old friend Big Bob, so sad to see that you got rejected but I know you already got a plan B, so best of luck for that. :hug: One of the best things that happened to this thread was the exodus of all our mates from the other forum and you've obviously contributed a hell of a lot to this thread. So a huge thank you from all of us. :notworthy:

Thanks Auzsci :smile: for your support !

Hey thanks Auzsci :smile::hug: for the support...SO you flying real OZ fast haan..:cute:

Mates,

Out of 101 applicants, 45 have gotten results so far - 56 still remain. According to "the great Bob", we should all get results by the 15th of March. Only 7 days remain. We should see an average of 8 decisions per day!

Uli, there might be some green who may have gotten results but haven't reported here.. Is there a way to ask them ? maybe email them asking them to update their status ?

Meanwhile, I sit here and wait and witness so many happy people.. And for those who got rejected - don't loose heart, there will always be other states, remember, VIC is the hardest to get sponsorship from.

Cheers,

TAA

Congratulations ALL BLUES AND HANG-ON ALL BROWNS...GREEN ONES A week to go to be either blue or brown....

Hie TAA.... I am not dead :laugh:.. i am still around guys to help you all ...

BLUE VICKINGS WHO ALL TURNED BLUE recently..important news for you...Please make sure that you prepare your 176 right now because all states gonna give you dead line to launch your 176 even before your 6 months grace period like SA did...here is your link State Migration Plan South Australia :: Make The Move.....So do prepare your applications without wasting a minute....All the best for your applications :hug: :wubclub:

regards

Big Bob

Archived