new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest Lily83

I'm waiting for my VIC SS response (hopefully soon! ) but I have not applied for a skills assessment.

Do I need the skills assessment before I apply for a 176 visa? If so, does anyone know when the closing date is for application for visas is for this year? It will be rather tight on time if I need the skills assessment first.:eek:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest georgito

Hello Guys, Turn me Brown, another rejection (No demand). Here are my details

Name: georgito

Date of SMP application: 5th + 21st Dec 2010

Trade/profession: ICT 2231-79 (Linux)

Nationality: Salvadorean

IELTS (if applicable): 6.5

Visa type: 176

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received: Rejected April 13th

Have worked in banking sector. (F500) company.

This is a great forum with a bunch of knowledge, keep posting...:em4600::em4600::em4600:

I'm waiting for my VIC SS response (hopefully soon! ) but I have not applied for a skills assessment.

Do I need the skills assessment before I apply for a 176 visa? If so, does anyone know when the closing date is for application for visas is for this year? It will be rather tight on time if I need the skills assessment first.:eek:

From the DIAC site:

You must obtain a positive skills assessment before you lodge your application for this visa. This is an evaluation of your qualifications to make sure that you are sufficiently qualified for your nominated occupation.

Guest VickyMel

From the DIAC site:

You must obtain a positive skills assessment before you lodge your application for this visa. This is an evaluation of your qualifications to make sure that you are sufficiently qualified for your nominated occupation.

Yep you do need to have the assessment prior to lodging, however when you lodge you get 28 days to attach all the required items including IELTS and skills assessment.

Might be worth remembering just in case you are cutting it fine before the deadlines.

any idea is this applicable for onshore?? Becoz last year only offshore were closed

Well rebejes, I didn't know about that piece of information you just mentioned. Thank's for spotting some light on that rebejes :wink:

That person who has notified about his/her agent's piece of information is an offshore applicant and he/she doesn't know whether it's only for offshore people or not :nah:

Maybe people with agents can ask and spread the light to all :hug: if that agent has some source of information, indeed other agents must have access to similar sources. :unsure:

This is a great forum with a bunch of knowledge, keep posting...:em4600::em4600::em4600:

I'm so sorry georgito, I'm really sorry mate.

do you have a running 175?

Guest georgito
I'm so sorry georgito, I'm really sorry mate.

do you have a running 175?

Not Really bro, actually I don´t have a plan B, Perhaps i am going to leave this project for a while, i am too tired of dealing with ACS, VIC and IELTS without mentioning the expenses i have made.

Best luck to all of you

Cheers.

:GEEK:

Sorry to hear that mate :wacko:

BTW, why did you send 2 apps?

Was it supposed to be two different people??

Did you get two reference numbers???

And which of these two apps were rejected today????

armandra!

Well rebejes, I didn't know about that piece of information you just mentioned. Thank's for spotting some light on that rebejes :wink:

That person who has notified about his/her agent's piece of information is an offshore applicant and he/she doesn't know whether it's only for offshore people or not :nah:

Maybe people with agents can ask and spread the light to all :hug: if that agent has some source of information, indeed other agents must have access to similar sources. :unsure:

Hi Thanks.. :jiggy:

I asked my agent about this!! He doesnt have any clue about this! :twitcy: Fingers crossed!!

Hi All

if you have enough points can you apply for independent 175 visa(i think thats the one) whilst waiting on ss?? then add it on if successful ??

our agent said to go this route rather than take the ielts test. with the deadline now so close and vic so slow i am not so sure.:biggrin:

Guest Buddy
Hi All

if you have enough points can you apply for independent 175 visa(i think thats the one) whilst waiting on ss?? then add it on if successful ??

our agent said to go this route rather than take the ielts test. with the deadline now so close and vic so slow i am not so sure.:biggrin:

your agent is rubbish !

you no longer can "convert" a 175 to 176

now, if you have a 175, and you receive SS, you can do one of two things:

withdraw your 175, apply for new 176, pay new fee

keep your 175, apply for paper-based 176, pay new fee

both cases: you will pay new fee

another thing: are you saying you have enough points for 175 without the IELTS?

firstly thankyou for your help

i agree about the agent!! which visa is the independent??(is it 176) i'm a little confused! i didn't take much notice in the beginning i left it to my hubby and the agent but the more i learn the more i dislike the agent!

what i understand is we applied for a ss first if that failed then apply for an independent 176

our agent assured us this was the best option.

not sure if he has enough without the ielts but i will explain to my hubby that he should take it now rather than later.its frustrating as he is out of the country working and i want answers!!!

sorry if i don't make a lot of sense its all so new to me !!

Guest Lily83
Yep you do need to have the assessment prior to lodging, however when you lodge you get 28 days to attach all the required items including IELTS and skills assessment.

Might be worth remembering just in case you are cutting it fine before the deadlines.

Do you know whether you will still be charged for the visa if the you do not attach the documents when the 28 days run out?

I just need my documents certified and then I can send them off, but skills assessment is taking 8-12 weeks at the mo rather than 6 :arghh: Luckily I don't need the IELTS.

Guest Buddy
firstly thankyou for your help

i agree about the agent!! which visa is the independent??(is it 176) i'm a little confused! i didn't take much notice in the beginning i left it to my hubby and the agent but the more i learn the more i dislike the agent!

what i understand is we applied for a ss first if that failed then apply for an independent 176

our agent assured us this was the best option.

not sure if he has enough without the ielts but i will explain to my hubby that he should take it now rather than later.its frustrating as he is out of the country working and i want answers!!!

sorry if i don't make a lot of sense its all so new to me !!

You welcome.

the 175 is the independent visa, no sponsorship needed, and you are free to live anywhere in Australia

the 176 is the sponsored visa, and you need a State Sponsorship (SS) for this one

I noticed you are in France, if your husband (the primary applicant) does not hold a passport of English speaking country, he must sit IELTS, the sooner the better.

Guest Buddy
Do you know whether you will still be charged for the visa if the you do not attach the documents when the 28 days run out?

I just need my documents certified and then I can send them off, but skills assessment is taking 8-12 weeks at the mo rather than 6 :arghh: Luckily I don't need the IELTS.

they charge you for the visa the moment you "lodge" your application, they will not refund you should you fail to attach the documents on time, and your application might get accessed based on whatever documents you have provided

Guest lightning

Sorry about the rejection!

Hope you have plan B...

Keep moving!

Guest lightning
It seems so lightning. But maybe someone here who deals with an agent may check about this. This way we may confirm this piece of information.

my agent doesn't have such information...

Hope someone can confirm this.

Guest lightning

turn me brown. No job offer.

After a long time waiting, I am getting really exhausted...

But the good thing is that I can quickly get to 175!

Wish others good luck!

My experience:

3 years of work experience

global headquartered company

top 10 software company in the world.

IELTS: overall 7

Guest soumya

tuff luck lightning. But good luck for your 175.

btw, did you attach your ACS response as part of the SS application.

Guest soumya

Dear All,

I received an email from VIC SMP today asking for my ACS skills assessment & my planning was so pathetic that I had filled SS in mid Dec but started my ACS application much later (March).

Wanted to know if their are folks who provided their assessment letter post VIC asking for it & subsequently their application was rejected.

Or should i keep muh fingers further crossed in anticipation that the letter request can lead to a favourable decision.

Wish others good luck!

My experience:

Hey mate

Sorry to hear about that!! Good luck with your 175 application :hug:

Guest machang
Dear All,

I received an email from VIC SMP today asking for my ACS skills assessment & my planning was so pathetic that I had filled SS in mid Dec but started my ACS application much later (March).

Wanted to know if their are folks who provided their assessment letter post VIC asking for it & subsequently their application was rejected.

Or should i keep muh fingers further crossed in anticipation that the letter request can lead to a favourable decision.

I would say you are almost in. :fish: Good luck for ACS !

Guest machang

Wish others good luck!

My experience:

Sorry for the rejection. However, 175 is lightning quick ! :jiggy:

Archived