Who else is waiting for SA Smp

rainyc

Guest smithys

Hi guys, read this on another thread and not sure I like the sound of it??!!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/98941-whos-waiting-wa-smp-10.html#post903749

Sounds to me like SA are not ready, or at least won't be the next State ready - looks like NT and WA are lining up to be next. :sad:

However, on the positive side it did say they want them all by the year end, so keep thinking happy thoughts people !!

Rose. x

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys, read this on another thread and not sure I like the sound of it??!!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/98941-whos-waiting-wa-smp-10.html#post903749

Sounds to me like SA are not ready, or at least won't be the next State ready - looks like NT and WA are lining up to be next. :sad:

However, on the positive side it did say they want them all by the year end, so keep thinking happy thoughts people !!

Rose. x

Didnt you just have the feeling that SA were gona be the last to release!!! ARGGHHHH.

I just hope and pray that it is early December because we only have till end of Jan in our current rental, after this we are homeless unless we sign up for 6 months and move again!

Am hoping if they release it the first Monday in December that most of us earlier applicants ie 2009 will get case officers or visa granted straightaway if decision ready.

Cant bare this stress and worry! If we hadnt been given notice to move out i would be waiting a bit more patiently.

Fingers crossed for us all it is this year and all of us that have a state sponsor already get to cat 2.

Lorraine

Guest smithys
Didnt you just have the feeling that SA were gona be the last to release!!! ARGGHHHH.

I just hope and pray that it is early December because we only have till end of Jan in our current rental, after this we are homeless unless we sign up for 6 months and move again!

Am hoping if they release it the first Monday in December that most of us earlier applicants ie 2009 will get case officers or visa granted straightaway if decision ready.

Cant bare this stress and worry! If we hadnt been given notice to move out i would be waiting a bit more patiently.

Fingers crossed for us all it is this year and all of us that have a state sponsor already get to cat 2.

Lorraine

God I know! Just our luck and SA will be last!

I'm sure it'll come out soon, and as you say, even if it's December - I think they'll still allocate plenty of CO's (well I really hope so).

WA seems to have lots of applicants so let's get it released and start ploughing through them!!! and then free them up for us!! Everyone wins that way!

Our rental luckily is now on a month to month contract so at least that's one less worry! Tired of saying to family and friends 'our last xmas' !!!!

Rose x

God I know! Just our luck and SA will be last!

I'm sure it'll come out soon, and as you say, even if it's December - I think they'll still allocate plenty of CO's (well I really hope so).

WA seems to have lots of applicants so let's get it released and start ploughing through them!!! and then free them up for us!! Everyone wins that way!

Our rental luckily is now on a month to month contract so at least that's one less worry! Tired of saying to family and friends 'our last xmas' !!!!

Rose x

Me too Rose! and the teachers are always asking, Im sure they think we have dreamt it all up!!

We are on a month to month contract but a few wks ago the estate agents rang and said the landlady needs to come back and gave us the 2 months notice, we have 5 children so not very easy to find something just like that.

So fed up today, I usually excercise while my baby sleeps but instead Ive just sat on the laptop, dreaming, as there doesnt seem any rush to get fit for wearing a bikini!! Just checked flights for end of Jan and they are still available and same price, just hope there is some left by the time we can book. It does make me feel better when i read about so many others all in the same boat.

Reckon WA applicants are going to be celebrating next week!

x

Guest smithys

Ha! Know how you feel! I work at the school my eldest has just left and our youngest one still goes to and I'm sure they're all thinking I'm mad and maybe making this all up!!

Wow 5 kids!! Hard work and not to mention expensive!

I think WA will be celebrating too - I'll be pleased for them as have a couple of friends who are eagerly awaiting. But just wish we had an idea when our turn will be.

Hope it works out for you with the house. And I'm with you on the comfort eating! What wth the cold weather,xmas and all the sitting at the pc I won't be in last years bikini either if I'm not careful!!

At least we're all here for support x

Actually just read the other posts re: all states to be released by 1st Dec - hope that cheers you up a bit, it has me!! x

Me too Rose! and the teachers are always asking, Im sure they think we have dreamt it all up!!

We are on a month to month contract but a few wks ago the estate agents rang and said the landlady needs to come back and gave us the 2 months notice, we have 5 children so not very easy to find something just like that.

So fed up today, I usually excercise while my baby sleeps but instead Ive just sat on the laptop, dreaming, as there doesnt seem any rush to get fit for wearing a bikini!! Just checked flights for end of Jan and they are still available and same price, just hope there is some left by the time we can book. It does make me feel better when i read about so many others all in the same boat.

Reckon WA applicants are going to be celebrating next week!

x

Ha! Know how you feel! I work at the school my eldest has just left and our youngest one still goes to and I'm sure they're all thinking I'm mad and maybe making this all up!!

Wow 5 kids!! Hard work and not to mention expensive!

I think WA will be celebrating too - I'll be pleased for them as have a couple of friends who are eagerly awaiting. But just wish we had an idea when our turn will be.

Hope it works out for you with the house. And I'm with you on the comfort eating! What wth the cold weather,xmas and all the sitting at the pc I won't be in last years bikini either if I'm not careful!!

At least we're all here for support x

Actually just read the other posts re: all states to be released by 1st Dec - hope that cheers you up a bit, it has me!! x

Read both the above and had a little chuckle. I also find myself sat on my backside scouring pio etc, looking for Oz & Smp info! ha ha.. Ssshhh dont want OH knowing, he thinks I only work part time to get the housework done.. lost count of how many brews & bickys I have had today. Were all entitled to lazy days, especially when awaiting such life changing news.

:yes:

I read that thread about DIAC advising all smp should be out by 1st Dec, not long now then... fingers crossed x

Guest smithys
Read both the above and had a little chuckle. I also find myself sat on my backside scouring pio etc, looking for Oz & Smp info! ha ha.. Ssshhh dont want OH knowing, he thinks I only work part time to get the housework done.. lost count of how many brews & bickys I have had today. Were all entitled to lazy days, especially when awaiting such life changing news.

:yes:

I read that thread about DIAC advising all smp should be out by 1st Dec, not long now then... fingers crossed x

Least we all know we're not alone. SA can be called 'Snackers Anonymous' :biglaugh:

Let's hope it'll be good news soon. What trade are you? x

Hello, found it..........

Me, aged 40, the boss, 2 kids 15 and 12, plus 1 black lab.

TRA passed June 2010 - Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics)

Was going to WA but changed our minds to SA for various reasons.

Lodged our on line application 26th Oct 2010 and paperwork received 1st Nov 2010. Come please, i know its not long but it seems like it is to us. so much for our Mig Agent claiming we would be in Oz by Christmas, agree though he didnt say which Christmas.

Hi all

Just wondering how many of us South Australian bound boys and girls are eagerly awaiting the magic day.

Also what is your profession and date of application.

I'm a sparky submitted Sept 09.

Come on SA pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee.

Thanks rainyc for starting this thread, was begining to think we were the only one's wanting to go to south australia:unsure:

Anyway we've been in this migration process for quite a while and starting to lose faith to be honest so really hoping i'm on the SA smp when it comes out.

I'm a carpenter who passed my vetassess in april 2009, got my state sponsorship in may 2009 and applied for a 176 visa in june 2009:huh:

Can't beleive its taking so long but hopefuly we're almost there.

Good luck everyone

Ian and family

Lodged our on line application 26th Oct 2010 and paperwork received 1st Nov 2010. Come please, i know its not long but it seems like it is to us. so much for our Mig Agent claiming we would be in Oz by Christmas, agree though he didnt say which Christmas.

Hi gaz n family i know what you mean about how long it feels i remember when we first started out on this twisted adventure an agent i spoke to said that the whole process would take 12 - 14 months wow 23 months later i WISH he was right.

But fingers crossed hopefully we,ll all get some good news soon i think we deserve it.

Good luck guys

Neil

Thanks rainyc for starting this thread, was begining to think we were the only one's wanting to go to south australia:unsure:

Anyway we've been in this migration process for quite a while and starting to lose faith to be honest so really hoping i'm on the SA smp when it comes out.

I'm a carpenter who passed my vetassess in april 2009, got my state sponsorship in may 2009 and applied for a 176 visa in june 2009:huh:

Can't beleive its taking so long but hopefuly we're almost there.

Good luck everyone

Ian and family

Hi Ian and family

No problem its good to see how many of us there is trying to make our way down south, dont lose the faith now my friend we are almost there i'm sure

Cheers Neil

Guest smithys

Hello Gaz and family.

Was going to answer you on the other thread but see you've found us! :yes:

Good luck x

Guest Ari3139

Hiya, we are also waiting the SMP - (Lift Mechanic). We got sponsorship a month ago and have sent the visa application in but will we need to do anything to change form cat 3 to cat 2 or will it automatically be done? Does anyone know?

Guest smithys
Hiya, we are also waiting the SMP - (Lift Mechanic). We got sponsorship a month ago and have sent the visa application in but will we need to do anything to change form cat 3 to cat 2 or will it automatically be done? Does anyone know?

Hi and welcome!

You don't need to do anything to change Cats - just to keep your fingers crossed that your trade is on their SMP (Looks hopeful as you've recently received sponsorship)

If that's the case, when the SMP comes out you will automatically move to Cat 2.

Good luck x

evening all, just a thought, if we (hopefully all!!!) find ourselves on the SMP for SA, how long do you think it would take to get a CO? Just curious as to what time scale you think it may be, hmmmmm

Hi LYNDAMUMFORD

I think that might be a bit hard to give a definitive answer to reason being if SA are last to release SMP then how many will be ahead of us or on a good note how many would have already been processed its a tough one but hopefully a couple of weeks from getting a CO would be just great thank you very much.

Cheers Neil

i'm SA sponsored aug 2009 as marine biologist under 475 visa category. lodged my visa application on 16 Oct 09. it's more that a year now waiting for that elusive visa. i just hope that i'll land a space in a tight train called smp. would any one has any inkling of 475 still be included in SA's migration policy. i'm worried because in its current post of interim list only 176 visa is being mentioned but none on the 475 visa category. good luck everyone.

i'm SA sponsored aug 2009 as marine biologist under 475 visa category. lodged my visa application on 16 Oct 09. it's more that a year now waiting for that elusive visa. i just hope that i'll land a space in a tight train called smp. would any one has any inkling of 475 still be included in SA's migration policy. i'm worried because in its current post of interim list only 176 visa is being mentioned but none on the 475 visa category. good luck everyone.

I hope the 475 visa is included in the processing as we to are 475ers, there is no reason why we shouldn't be is there????? oh good grief, more to worry about!!!

and still no news yet, come on SA :unsure:

Jill

Jill (31), Sam (35) and William (2);Agent appointed: 23 March 2009;ACS Skills Assessment: 7 July 2009;Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009;SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009;All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009;SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009;475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

Guest lena007

Emailed SA Migration again, and this was their response:

Dear Xxxxx

In response to your e-mail enquiry, as the State Migration Plan (SMP) has not been signed off by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, there is no set date for when the SMP will be implemented, but is anticipated to be early to mid December 2010.

Please monitor the Immigration SA website for updates on the SMP, State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) and sponsorship criteria:

General skilled migration :: Make The Move

Program Support Officer, General Skilled Migration

International Market Development - Migration

Department of Trade and Economic Development

Early to mid december....

Archived