go home if not happy

Guest craighannay

i have tried for years to get to oz,been knocked off the ladder so many times because of the rule changes you wouldnt believe it!

there is a saying from the australians

"if you dont like it " piss off

and personally go home to wherever you live and give someone a chance who would appreciate the chance you`ve had

Its all very easy saying what you have said aimed at those of us that have obtained our visa's only to get there and return! However we have all said similar to you whilst we were going through the knock backs! "Give people a chance that want to be there", Sadly it doesn't work out for some, and whilst i appreciate you are getting fed up with all these changes it is unfair to vent your anger at those that have chosen to return for one reason or another! Just remember your experience of Australia may not be what you hope it to be, and you too may find yourself with a one way ticket returning!!

Ah, here we go again. If only life were that simple, if you only had yourself to please, if you had unlimited finances etc.

Total bollocks! and until you have walked a mile in the shoes of someone who cannot leave then shutting up is a really good option. I hope it never happens to you and that you find your grass continually greener not drought struck or flooded. And also that if you do decide that this isnt paradise on a stick then you have absolutely no barriers to moving on to pastures new.

If you lived here before why didnt you stay?

Its all very easy saying what you have said aimed at those of us that have obtained our visa's only to get there and return! However we have all said similar to you whilst we were going through the knock backs! "Give people a chance that want to be there", Sadly it doesn't work out for some, and whilst i appreciate you are getting fed up with all these changes it is unfair to vent your anger at those that have chosen to return for one reason or another! Just remember your experience of Australia may not be what you hope it to be, and you too may find yourself with a one way ticket returning!!

Good on you Dawn, couldent of said it better myself:biggrin:

Guest siamsusie

I couldnt agree more Dawny! and people like Kev (It could be worse) would be the first to say, it is a very brave journey many make getting to Australia!

A mere holiday is never going to be an indication of how you would settle here, the reality is here when the bills come flying through the door.

Moving back to the UK shouldnt be considered a failure but a journey in life's rich experience.:hug:

I don't doubt that every person who returns to the UK at one point was excited, hopeful and apprehensive about the move to Aus, they'll have waited anxiously and eagerly for their visa grant just like the rest of us. Nothing can prepare you for the reality of being here, living and working. For some it turns out great, whilst for others it doesn't, the decision to move back will be just as difficult as the decision to come here in the first place. No-one moves to the other side of the world thinking it's not going to work out.

Guest guest37336

Whilst I can sympathise to a degee with your post i.e waiting for your chance and viewing others who have the chance with a little anger I would like to say this.

This forum is made up with many thousands of people who have travelled to australia in the hope that it could afford them a better chance of making a long and happy future.

Some have found their paradise, some have and making the best of it and some return to the UK because Australia has proven to be a mistake. In the main these people have given their all to make a new life in a country that at times can really kick you in the teeth.

I know of many hundreds of people who have returned to the UK happy, some sad, and some have been on the point of breakdown.

But in reality everybody goes to Australia with the intention of making a better/happier life for themselves and family. When it doesn't work out it us very rarely their fault. There are the exceptions of course, those that just give up at the first hurdle, but in the main the vast majority have tried their damest to make a go of it.

To say to others 'Give me a chance and stop whinging' is irrational and unfair. God forbid (and I truly hope it doesn't happen to you) that you should get out there and find Australia not as you imagined.

How would you feel if someone on a forum such as this was being as unsympathetic as yourself. When you are at your lowest ebb and you come on a great forum like PIO to look for a shoulder to lean on the last thing you want to read is an uninformed and may I say a little rude post.

Walk in anothers footsteps before making judgement is a good general rule to follow.

Cheers Tony.

Hey craighannay I just wanted to add that everyones situation on here is different. Its a huge thing giving up family and a life then moving to another country. Whilst we were all aware of this when appklying for our visa - it never really hits you until you are living here and I am not talking about taking a short vacation.

I am very lucky and love Aus and there is no way I would return to the UK - but everyones situation is different. Prehaps wjhen you are living here you will be alble to relate more to some of the peoples feelings on here!

i wish you luck in getting your visa and hope you do not have to wait to much more longer!

Guest gary12

Well done! You have tried to wind people up and it has worked. I hope you make it to Oz and experience life here for yourself. We are fortunate, we have a good life here and are happy and settled but it hasn't always been the case, it can be really difficult at times. It's circumstances like the school asking for emergency contacts other than parents and you can't give it because you don't know anyone or when a child is sick and in hospital and you have no one to collect the other one from school. When friends become seriously ill in the UK and you are helpless to do anything. For others, it's just the longing to be back with people they love and miss. Australia is not a bed of roses, it's an expensive and emotional move and hard work getting established. So, I appreciate that you must be frustrated in being unable to get a visa at this time but I imagine very few of us come to Oz with a view to returning within months, some people are unable to return due to financial reasons and that must be truly miserable.

So until you have been given the opportunity to try it for yourself don't knock those who have and find it isn't for them.

regards

Michelle

Guest guest30038

OK. I'm gonna say only one thing because this was voiced to me by a visitor who is struggling to get a visa.

It is not a personal attack on anyone and is said without bias as I believe that everyone is entitled to make their own choices.

I have no understanding of whether immigration quotas are filled or not, so this may be totally irrelevant.

This visitor simply said that they were so frustrated that others were taking visas and "wasting them". Every visa given is one less to give, so to take a visa and then return from whence you came, is depriving someone else. They said they knew of some in the UK who had visas and now had no intention of coming to Oz, let alone coming and returning.

The above is merely posted as in indicator as to why (perhaps) the OP posted in such a frustrated manner and to state that I personally, think that a lot more thought should be put into why folk want a visa before they actually apply.

kev

Guest guest22466
zzzzzzzzz

Yes would go home if I could ..........but OZ wont let me............In saying that I hope you get your visa soon and life in Australia is everything that you wished for and more...

Wow!

Another great input from someone who is still sitting in the UK and knows nothing about moving and living here.

You shouldn't have wasted your time.

I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter where they live or what their circumstances. It must be very annoying if you are desperate to come here and you hear of some who haven't bothered to use their visas.

I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter where they live or what their circumstances. It must be very annoying if you are desperate to come here and you hear of some who haven't bothered to use their visas.

I guess everyone is entitled to use or not use their visas.

I would say a lot of people apply for there visa only to find the economic reality of the costs involved once they get there visa make the move no longer a viable option.

Houses are difficult to sell in the U.K, exchange rate is pants.

I am sure a lot of people moving to Australia could land with 30 or even 40% less equity to start a new life in Australia than they had when the applied for the visa.

Not a problem if you are under the age of 30 but if you are approaching 50 it would certainly put me off moving to Australia.

Dont feed the trollls!!

I know i shouldn't Jo and I did nearly manage not to respond, but i couldn't help it in the end.

We're here to support each other surely, not sneer at others' circumstances when we know nothing about them or their situation. Only a fool would invest the time, money and energy it takes to get here and not want it to work out, but sometimes things don't go according to plan.

I remember the feelings of frustration waiting for a visa, but i would never have been so dismissive of people for whom Oz hasn't worked out because I could have found myself eating those words.

Sue x

Archived