Help - shipping companies - which one to use???

Guest DaveBecs

Guest gail6336

thanks its great to hear from other people that have gone through it!! Ive never had anyone go through my stuff and really not looking forward to it, I worry I lose stuff but I have soooo much that I wouldnt know if I do lose any of it!! I have alot of bulky stuff I wonder how they will pack if the boxes are a standard size! Has anyone had any bother with things that have been outside i.e I am taking a pram and 2buggys that I used they have been cleaned but I worry they still wont allow them in the country! Also my son has lots of outside toys that he loves but Ive tried cleaning them as best I can but still have bits of dirt, maybe I worry too much

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest33730
thanks its great to hear from other people that have gone through it!! Ive never had anyone go through my stuff and really not looking forward to it, I worry I lose stuff but I have soooo much that I wouldnt know if I do lose any of it!! I have alot of bulky stuff I wonder how they will pack if the boxes are a standard size! Has anyone had any bother with things that have been outside i.e I am taking a pram and 2buggys that I used they have been cleaned but I worry they still wont allow them in the country! Also my son has lots of outside toys that he loves but Ive tried cleaning them as best I can but still have bits of dirt, maybe I worry too much

Yep - you do!!

It really isn't as bad as people say, On the whole customs and quarantine know what they are looking for, they will open a few boxes sure, but they simply don't have the time to go through everything in detail. Also the packers know how to pack any item whatever it's size. My advice is to put the stuff you don't what them to pack to one side and then spend the rest of the day/s keeping out of way (except for taking the guys tea and biscuits every hour!!)

Having just been through it, I worried about all kinds of things that were really not an issue, on forums like this you very often only read the horror stories but honestly in 99% of cases there is nothing that goes wrong at all.

Daniel

Guest gail6336

thanks bring me the sunshine!!! Hopefully it wont be bad, I worry they will come in and say jesus what a stuff!! We have so much clothes kids have soooo many toys, I have a craft hobby and have quite a few boxes of that, it will be weird setting up home somewhere new!!

You'll be amazed when you watch them pack because you won't believe it until you see it.

As the saying goes each to their own and boy do these guys know their jobs...

We've shipped our fold away pool/snooker table and it got wrapped in it's upright position and I've shipped a football goal which was packed away in a large bag and they just wrapped it in some strong packing paper.

Just hide away the stuff you don't want packing and you'll be fine.

If you stand still for long enough there's a chance you'll get packed also lol

Howard

Guest annemarie and brian

well we had them all round and we used john mason and knocked them down for a 20ft got it for 3500 and they were brillant in england but cannot comment this end as have not recieved it yet but in a couple of wks we can good luck.

annemarie

well we had them all round and we used john mason and knocked them down for a 20ft got it for 3500 and they were brillant in england but cannot comment this end as have not recieved it yet but in a couple of wks we can good luck.

annemarie

Just waiting for them to contact us with a delivery date as its just cleared customs...

Who's dealing with you this side?

Conroy removals is who we have now as the first company who were supposed to do so went bust...

Howard

Hi,

I have just had salesman round from John Mason. He was very informative and knew his job. Also had Bournes round, Pss coming in October. When did you move to Brisbane? I expect prices fluctuate so to hear when people moved and paid for shipping is something to go by.

Cheers.:cool:

Does anyone have any recommendations for removal companies who cover Scotland? I am just outside Glasgow, and other than Dorree Bonner, I couldn't find many who seemed to advertise a Scottish presence.

Guest TheHollies
Hi,

I have just had salesman round from John Mason. He was very informative and knew his job. Also had Bournes round, Pss coming in October. When did you move to Brisbane? I expect prices fluctuate so to hear when people moved and paid for shipping is something to go by.

make sure he measured up properly, there will probably be 'extra' charges later :mad:

What did that include? Full packing and unpacking? Insurance?

they came packed everything and at the other end will unpack and it included to contaminate the container as well before arrival they adviced us not to use they

insurance as well.

we knocked tham down as all the others were about 4000 - 4500.

Just waiting for them to contact us with a delivery date as its just cleared customs...

Who's dealing with you this side?

Conroy removals is who we have now as the first company who were supposed to do so went bust...

Howard

yes our has changed hubby got an email to et us know conroy remaovals as well.

Hi,

we have been in brisbane will be 2wks on sunday but our container left 23rd august and still have the date 14th oct for arrival to brisbane port so not bad i dont think.

Does anyone have any recommendations for removal companies who cover Scotland? I am just outside Glasgow, and other than Dorree Bonner, I couldn't find many who seemed to advertise a Scottish presence.

Crown have a place in Livingston, and Anglo Pacific in Glasgow - we had both round to quote for us. Cheers.

Hi Mickeyb,

I had them round yesterday for a quoatation. They seemed very knowledgable and gave great advice, do's and don'ts etc... but always weary of salesman, they have the gift of the gab and never know if i seem so gullible to them, seemingly agreeing with what they say? My brother used them 7 years ago when they moved to Perth, he said they were great and had no probs. It's so difficult to know who to have!!!:confused: Hope this helps! I will let you know when quote arrives probably next week. Also waiting for quote from Bourne's.:smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest man2010

Hi there, any one moved from the Isle of Man and used removal company? Apart from pickfords, I can't find any companies catering for the isle of man. I'll appreciate info.

shylet

• 3 weeks later...

I had Gordon Clark from Doree Bonner in Glasgow give me a quote for shippng today and he was superb.Professional,helpful and understanding.I had heard of this Company thru PIO and thought i`d give them a try.Now feel a weight has been lifted and that i can worry about other things instead!Cannot recommend this Company enough.

Guest guest33730
I had Gordon Clark from Doree Bonner in Glasgow give me a quote for shippng today and he was superb.Professional,helpful and understanding.I had heard of this Company thru PIO and thought i`d give them a try.Now feel a weight has been lifted and that i can worry about other things instead!Cannot recommend this Company enough.

I was trying to think of Gordons name for another thread I was posting on. Gordon was by far the best rep that I had out and I really wanted to go with him (Doree Bonner) but the price at the time from Crown was hundreds of pounds cheaper so that swayed my decision however I can't praise Gordon highly enough!

Daniel

Who did you end up going with?

p.s I thanked you for this post, to take you up to your 1000th thanks!!

Sorry Shaz - didn't notice your request - thanks for the 1000th thanks.

If it is any use to you still, we went with Crown. I posted the following for info:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/97844-our-shipping-experience.html

Cheers.

Archived