Guest Gerbil

Guest sharksrule
lol i wonder who you are sharksrule super leeds

Why your asking? By this time you should know im a Man United & Sharks Fan...lol

Sharks took the cup and now it's Man's turn...lol

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
burger and tinny it is...
:yes:

Sounds good to me. Maybe if hubby gets the driving job they could give me one too!! Have worked for the railways myself for the last 13 years albeit as a PA in the Infrastructure Division.

Fosters or imported :smile:

Guest sharksrule
:yes:

Sounds good to me. Maybe if hubby gets the driving job they could give me one too!! Have worked for the railways myself for the last 13 years albeit as a PA in the Infrastructure Division.

Fosters or imported :smile:

Always space for one more:yes:

Guest Cheesetoasties
hi what job are you in for?

Yea i`m in for a drivers job

Should for us too be far better with regards to moving late 2011, same story...house not shifting just now etc, and also hopefully it will give the oz interest rates time to come down a tad..can`t be doing with a 6% mortgage!

good luck to everyone else waiting to hear and reading back on some recent posts i`m sorry to hear of the ones who didn`t pass through, keep at it guys.

tony

Guest joannehancock

Hi my husband has had a phone call friday morning and we agreee with everything you say. Paula and Davinia have been very helpful to us, always called or emailed back very quickly and they can only tell us what they know. They are in as much a difficult situation as we are as eveything is out of there hands to. But like you say you only have to pick up the phone and they always tell you what they know up to that time.

Guest simon h
Hi my husband has had a phone call friday morning and we agreee with everything you say. Paula and Davinia have been very helpful to us, always called or emailed back very quickly and they can only tell us what they know. They are in as much a difficult situation as we are as eveything is out of there hands to. But like you say you only have to pick up the phone and they always tell you what they know up to that time.

was his call saying everything was on hold and it would be the end of next year also or was it like mine saying things are moving on and there just awaiting the labour agreement?

Guest man of kent

Had a call this morning :biggrin:

it confirms what has previously been said, and have been advised we are through the interview stages and that those who have not been successful have been advised as such, so we are still in it. now, seeing as i don't drink beer, i will need to pack a good supply of cider and i can get Jacobs Creek out there! :tongue:

Guest MongooseB

Have any fitter applicants been called since Friday? Seems to me only the drivers are being seen to, not that they aren't important in this process, but what about the fitters???:huh::huh::huh:

Have any fitter applicants been called since Friday? Seems to me only the drivers are being seen to, not that they aren't important in this process, but what about the fitters???:huh::huh::huh:

Hi Mongoose, no my hubby is in for a drivers job and hasn't had a call yet. Hopefully get one soon :arghh:

Hi Mongoose, no my hubby is in for a drivers job and hasn't had a call yet. Hopefully get one soon :arghh:

Same here! My hubby's waiting too. we have emailed Paula and she said to expect a call from Davinia some time soon. a bit vague, but at least we know to expect it. :smile:

Regarding these calls, has anyone actually asked if this means they have been successful? Cos it seems to me that were still waiting on a decision!:arghh:

Guest paulfurse

Good to hear they are still taking on.

I wondered if anyone could give me some info. I'm in the UK and desperate to move to Australia to live. The only option I have is to be sponsored by a company such as ARG. I do not hace any relatives etc. Has ARG sponsored you guys too?

How much train driving experience do you need to get a job with ARG and does this have to be with freight trains?

Any info gratefully rceived, along with anything else you might think useful.

Good luck with your new jobs.

Cheers

Paul

Guest simon h

dont worry im sure they'll fit you in (ba boom lol) think the drivers had been given earlier start dates for training the fitters start date may not have changed

Good to hear they are still taking on.

I wondered if anyone could give me some info. I'm in the UK and desperate to move to Australia to live. The only option I have is to be sponsored by a company such as ARG. I do not hace any relatives etc. Has ARG sponsored you guys too?

How much train driving experience do you need to get a job with ARG and does this have to be with freight trains?

Any info gratefully rceived, along with anything else you might think useful.

Good luck with your new jobs.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul.

They aren't taking on now! ARG had a huge recruitment drive in the spring and interviews etc last summer....We're all still waiting to hear if we've got jobs.

The original ad stated that at least 5 years diesel driving ( basically freight?!? :dull:) was required. They employ with a 457 temp visa and yes, its sponsored.

ARG took on in 2008 also so its worth keeping an eye out on their interweb page for news etc.

Gerbil

Guest beammeupscottie

hi we are waiting for that call too? hubby is a driver, although we are in egypt till monday with no phone :biggrin: so will need to wait and see??:jiggy:good luck to all and maybe see you there??????????

hi we are waiting for that call too? hubby is a driver, although we are in egypt till monday with no phone :biggrin: so will need to wait and see??:jiggy:good luck to all and maybe see you there??????????

I think they will probably wait until you come home, as we were in the USA until the weekend. She did know we were away as I gave them an email address that we could be contacted on, but they didn't. They called today!

best of luck!

:biggrin:

Guest Kornish

Hi Moll, was it the same type of call the rest of us have had? I.e. you're still being considered but ARG can't confirm your position until late next year:err: But you are not unsuccesful?

Guest Baldkeeper

I think all those who have been able to contact Paula or Davinia have been lucky, i have had no correspondence from either, no replies to my emails or phone call. I had one email in early september saying would hear in 2 weks but since then nothing. I felt i had a good interview, have 24 unblemished years as a train driver but have been treated with utter contempt by this cowboy outfit trading as a rail company. Today my patience finally snapped and i sent them an email with a few home truths and told them in no uncertain terms where to shove their imaginary job. Hope we stuff em in the cricket!!

Hi Moll, was it the same type of call the rest of us have had? I.e. you're still being considered but ARG can't confirm your position until late next year:err: But you are not unsuccesful?

Hi Kornish,

I think I put exactly what Davinia said in another thread, but basically Simon asked if by this call it meant we had been successful and she said 'everyone that had been unsuccessful has been told!' but when Si pushed for an answer she said she couldn't be more specific. (they're covering their backsides I think!):err:

But reading between the lines I'd say if everything goes ahead as planned we'll all be going! :biggrin::jiggy::wink:

Hi all, hubby got call. Same news like everyone else etc... e.g. can't confirm an exact job offer except to advise you that all the no's have been notified already and that he is still in the running then. If it takes another 6 to 9 months that's fine with me.

Hi Kornish

Spoke to Davinia this morning and got similair response. Project been delayed to mid/late 2011. Would not say if successful but when pressed said that all no's had already been informed. I asked how confident she was that the project was moving forward and was told that they still expected the need for internationally recruited drivers to fulfill their obligations. I also asked about the need for further interviews if the job was held open for longer than than twelve months and she said it was not necessary.

Guest Kornish
Hi Kornish

Spoke to Davinia this morning and got similair response. Project been delayed to mid/late 2011. Would not say if successful but when pressed said that all no's had already been informed. I asked how confident she was that the project was moving forward and was told that they still expected the need for internationally recruited drivers to fulfill their obligations. I also asked about the need for further interviews if the job was held open for longer than than twelve months and she said it was not necessary.

thanks very much! glad you had the foresight to ask a bit more than me!:hug:

Guest simon h

hey everyone ,

Well i think we have all now as drivers had our calls and i think theres a few with mixed views so as the all round peace keeper i thought id just add, this works to all our advantages. we would have been very rushed to say the least to sell/rent houses get funds to ship our lives across and in general closes down our uk existence, and all bang on xmas amd new year if things had gone to plan. Now however not only can we relax in doing all these things i have the chance to get rid of some credit cards so when we do eventually get to oz i can buy a bigger motorbike (dont tell the wife i said that lol). also we have to remember if we had gone this alone its a 2 to 3 year process and would cost about 15 grand for an average family to arrive needing jobs and housing. im happy to wait till there ready for me then im jumping in both feet if not for me and the surf for my kids. so chill enjoy christmas and roll on next year for the big kangaroo burger bbq

simon

Guest boslowen
hey everyone ,

Well i think we have all now as drivers had our calls and i think theres a few with mixed views so as the all round peace keeper i thought id just add, this works to all our advantages. we would have been very rushed to say the least to sell/rent houses get funds to ship our lives across and in general closes down our uk existence, and all bang on xmas amd new year if things had gone to plan. Now however not only can we relax in doing all these things i have the chance to get rid of some credit cards so when we do eventually get to oz i can buy a bigger motorbike (dont tell the wife i said that lol). also we have to remember if we had gone this alone its a 2 to 3 year process and would cost about 15 grand for an average family to arrive needing jobs and housing. im happy to wait till there ready for me then im jumping in both feet if not for me and the surf for my kids. so chill enjoy christmas and roll on next year for the big kangaroo burger bbq

simon

well sorry to say but it does not work out for all to wait till late next year.

I will be 48 by then...which will mean I am now too old to go....so for some it was the sooner the better.....unless ARG can get me there before may 0211 it will be too late for me.

Guest boslowen

Well everybody...had the call from Davinia, then did a lot of e-mailing and telephoning different places.

I am sorry to say that it looks like we are not going to make it to Oz as by late 2011 I will be 48 years old ...which does not give me enough time to work there for 2 years and then get my PR application in before im 50. Im gonna be too old by a few months...if it had all gone to plan I would have been OK. So unless ARG can get me there before Mid may 2011 then Im stuffed.

This is a real shame as we were all looking forward to the new life so much.

Its been really good getting to know you all and we wish you all the best.

I do have relatives in Perth so if we are over there you never know we may still see you for that beer and bbq.

All the best everyone.

Archived