Guest Gerbil

Guest Gerbil

Hi again!

Thought i'd start an easy to find thread for the applicants for ARG jobs, be you drivers or trades folk.

:hug:

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gerbil

Has anyone else sold their house? We've just accepted an offer today after 8 months of selling! the market is poor at the mo. We were gonna rent over here anyway so the decision to sell was based on that alone. Guess your lucky if you can rent out your house here then rent in Oz too.

interview on 6th, feels like end of month is never going to come, so much to think of if successful, sell house or rent, sell cars.... such a short space of time, be there around jan 11! We applied for 175 ages ago and if accepted you have years to get there, now the thought of a couple months is like, what do i need to do/so much to do in such short time frame!!!! dont know what/where to start!!!

Guest Kornish

:biglaugh: Don't worry Scuba, i'm in the process of renovating my house! So I've constatntly got loads to think about. Don't know which way to turn? Working on it everyday. Taking a week out next month though to see the Scottish Islands as it will hopefully be my last chance!

Guest dr snapper

Hi Gerbil! Just been told about this site from fellow ARG applicant. so now have this and rail chat on the the go! All the best!

Guest Gerbil

:jiggy:Woah! hello there Dr Snapper. welcome, nice to see a familiar name here.

Still doesn't make time pass any quicker though....August never took so long.....:smile:

Guest Gerbil

Agh! House sale just went tips up...someone far back in the chain has pulled out. Move to Oz up in flames again for now. House back on the market but its a dire time to sell up. Anyway, there's always hope:biggrin:

Guest Kornish
G'Day Kornish! RailChat.co.uk • Login

Check it out you may need to register to access the post...

Thanko Mucho for vat Dr. Found a lot more info. On that forum! I did have to register, I would suggest everyone takes a look at it too!:wubclub:

Guest Gerbil

Thanks Dr Snapper. Just the usual problems faced when relying on other people I guess! They may be taking on in NZ next year so thats something to hold on to...:skeptical:

Guest Kornish

G'day all, found this posted today!

"Esperance is to a solely iron ore.After going Esperance this week i was informed by ARG staff that Nickel is now being move by road to the port of Esperance,that Fuel traffic will stop by june 2011 leaving iron ore the only traffic to be seen on the Esperance line".

You can view it at; Esperance to go solely ore freight - Railpage Australia™ Forums (Western Australia)

You might have to be a member, its from a GSRailway controller. So someone who will have more of an insight than most! Now I can understand why Esperance is no longer available! Trucks over trains!!!

interview on 6th, feels like end of month is never going to come, so much to think of if successful, sell house or rent, sell cars.... such a short space of time, be there around jan 11! We applied for 175 ages ago and if accepted you have years to get there, now the thought of a couple months is like, what do i need to do/so much to do in such short time frame!!!! dont know what/where to start!!!

I know exactly what you mean! I think this never ending month is starting to take its toll on hubby and I, I'm taking a day off thinking about it all tomorrow cos I think my head's going to explode!

Daunting or what? :arghh:

I know exactly what you mean! I think this never ending month is starting to take its toll on hubby and I, I'm taking a day off thinking about it all tomorrow cos I think my head's going to explode!

Daunting or what? :arghh:

Ah yes, the anticipation is a killer, what all of us are currently going through, yes or no, just let me know!!!! The end though is in sight, it is the 18th, only 13 more days or so of scowering the net for every and any scrap of info on Geraldton and ARG, all with the thought in the back of my head 'Do I really want to leave sunny Wales and go into the unknown the other side of the world'!!

:twitcy::arghh::confused::wacko::wideeyed::mad::daydreaming:

Ah yes, the anticipation is a killer, what all of us are currently going through, yes or no, just let me know!!!! The end though is in sight, it is the 18th, only 13 more days or so of scowering the net for every and any scrap of info on Geraldton and ARG, all with the thought in the back of my head 'Do I really want to leave sunny Wales and go into the unknown the other side of the world'!!

:twitcy::arghh::confused::wacko::wideeyed::mad::daydreaming:

hi scubaslocs,just spat my coffee all over myself,the 18th!!!!!!!!!!! how do you know this? we were expecting end of aug beginning of sept,not that im complaining,the sooner the better. everytime i check pio and theres been another thread,im expecting someone to say hurray weve got it,as we patiently wait by the phone and when it rings rugby tackle for it and then mouth "who is it ,who is it?" in an annoying manner.

13 days and counting ,good luck

Archived