Guest Gerbil

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I being a bit stupid, but what an earth is no decision? is it yes or no, job or no job, no decision? Eh? what are they on about! :skeptical:

No not at all Scubaslocs, I had to read it a few times myself:rolleyes:

Just looking at the posts I thought "what the hell is all the confusion about":confused:

I went back to my post and thought .........

Just been on Railchat and apparently somebody has had a response. It was a no decision, so it looks as though the phone calls have started.

........Could have been clearer. I meant it to be 'NO' and not no decision.

OK? Sorted ? :wink:

Hi, i had an interview for a mechanical fitters job in July. Is anyone in for the same as me? and have you had any emails from ARG since the one received on the 7th?

Getting fed up waiting now!

Scott

I applied for a Fitters job, bored of this waiting!!! so I emailed Davinia and she said that basically due to some unforeseen delays they are still proceeding through the applications. they hope to have some decisions made within the next week(roughly 2 weeks ago) where we hope to be able to contact people to advise how their applications have gone.

so still waiting!!!

Scuba.:biggrin::confused:

Guest Ninja13

SG the main line! Anyone for the usual 12 hour weekend ballasts? :yes:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo............:arghh:

:biglaugh:

It makes sense as when reading the Oakajee project it said that it was all going to be SG.

Guest dr snapper

The Aussie dream is over for me this year! Had the phone call this morning at 7.40am from Paula my freight experience or lack of it counted against me.

Why it took that long to decide I dont know. To be fair she has lined me up with another job over there but its a fly in fly out job based in Perth. Some how spending 3 weeks in the bush on and off train does not appeal to me icon_lol.gif. Good luck to all you remaining applicants and I hope you get the move you all desire.

Don't quote me on this but if your a freight man your as good as in! Good luck guys.......

Guest MongooseB
The Aussie dream is over for me this year! Had the phone call this morning at 7.40am from Paula my freight experience or lack of it counted against me.

Why it took that long to decide I dont know. To be fair she has lined me up with another job over there but its a fly in fly out job based in Perth. Some how spending 3 weeks in the bush on and off train does not appeal to me icon_lol.gif. Good luck to all you remaining applicants and I hope you get the move you all desire.

Don't quote me on this but if your a freight man your as good as in! Good luck guys.......

I am sorry to hear you weren't successful, really sorry. We've not heard for sure, but I'd just like to say well done for going for it in the first place. At least you'll never wonder "what if" - and you gave it your best shot.

Regards

:unsure:

So sorry to hear your news. :sad:

Guest boslowen

dr snapper and brummo......sorry to hear you didnt get the jobs you were after. try to stay positive and dont let it put you off trying again...you just never know.

Also thanks for all the input over the last few months.....best of luck for the future.

Guest beammeupscottie

hi all

me and my husband have been waiting too to see if we are off to pastures new? wonder when the call will come?:twitcy:

Gutted for you Dr Snapper! Don't know your circumstances but why not try the fly in fly out? From what I've seen of those jobs, they pay well and you get the 3 weeks off ? But then, I'm the Mrs and wouldn't have to do it myself, just be the one at home ..

Guest boslowen
hi all

me and my husband have been waiting too to see if we are off to pastures new? wonder when the call will come?:twitcy:

hi there.....glad your here......but like you wish we were there...anyway welcome.

also look at the geralton or esperance post on here, and have a look at railchat.co.uk and search ARG there is quite a lot of stuff there to read...but keep an open mind on that one though.:biggrin:

Guest beammeupscottie

hi husband is a driver, have been on some web sites looking at Geraldton as when he had the interview it was only for Geralton,

Archived