Guest Gerbil

Guest MongooseB
I find it bizarre that we get an email telling us 2 weeks then nothing? 3 weeks later. However has anyone actually called Paula or Davinia? Or emailed either of them? Since the email was sent 3 weeks ago? Or are we all to scared to call?

Hi Kornish,

My advice is to contact Paula - there's no harm in doing so and she is perfectly understanding of our angst in hearing from them.

I would also just like to say that to all those who have applied, don't give up. You have to remember that this is not a usual recruitment process, escpecially taking into consideration that they have South African applicants too. There may very well be delays on Immigration's side of things (my personal assumption, so don't quote me). I honestly think that there are a lot of factors to consider and it would be foolish to throw in the towel and decide not to go.

If you are REALLY still wanting this, contact them, that's exactly what they said you should feel free to do. If they didn't want to be contacted, do you really think we'd all have a business card with their contact details? Obviously they don't want people harrassing them - but a polite "check in" is not against the law and it shows your eagerness too.

It certainly beats jumping to the wrong conclusions and working yourselves into a frenzy!

:cool:

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've been trying to reach Paula today a number of times on both her home/office number and mobile. Plus we've emailed. NO ANSWER!!! don't know what to think about that?!

We've been trying to reach Paula today a number of times on both her home/office number and mobile. Plus we've emailed. NO ANSWER!!! don't know what to think about that?!

She was asleep ( time difference )?

Busy dealing with ARG

Busy dealing with South Africans, British, drivers, fitters etc.

Put your call on a "to do" list.

Please stop fretting. I bet the government hasn't rubber stamped the visa application from ARG yet.

You'll worry yourselves into dismissing the jobs altogether. :frown:

Guest MongooseB

Hi all,

We sent an e-mail last week Friday, and heard back from Paula on Monday afternoon. She is undoubtedly a busy lady and I honestly believe there are many other factors at play in this process.

Just hang in there, we'll all hear soon enough. By fretting over something you can't change, you're ony ruining the move for yourself. Think of it this way - if this opportunity hadn't presented itself, you'd be going on with your day to day lives as usual. This is a bonus if it happens for you, and if it doesn't, at least you tried.

Patience.

Hi all,

Simon spoke to Paula this morning! it seems the only hold up is with the Iron ore contract. she said that ARG are going to be emailing all concerned but didn't know when, she thinks probably weekend. At least we know whats going on now!!! :daydreaming:

Guest Cheesetoasties

Excelent news..thanks Moll, See stay calm...chill..It`ll come. The next question will be...(once we get more news) is are they still going to require us as soon or will there be a furthur few weeks breathing space before we are required..Will wait for e mail first.

To answer your earlier question tho Moll, I hadn`t heard from Paula at all, just the e mail we all recieved :biggrin:

Positive news and a more positive mind again now :yes:

Tony the cheeeeeeeeseeee

Guest boslowen

we e-mailed and left messages on davinia and paula yesterday......but stil no replys.

still at least moll managed to get some info...thanks.

Excelent news..thanks Moll, See stay calm...chill..It`ll come.

Positive news and a more positive mind again now :yes:

Tony the cheeeeeeeeseeee

Me too very positive again thankfully!!!:smile::biggrin::jiggy:

Well, looks like the ARG movers aint going soon..

Got an e-mail this morning as im sure you all did. They're still finalising contracts for work for which we are required!

They haven't dismissed the applications though.....

:eek:

Guest Cheesetoasties

Yea got that aswell cheers Gerbil,

Well I`m just going to continue on now as if i`m not going and when (if) I hear from them i`ll start panicking again...back to good ole 66`s tonight :rolleyes:

tony

Well, looks like the ARG movers aint going soon..

Got an e-mail this morning as im sure you all did. They're still finalising contracts for work for which we are required!

They haven't dismissed the applications though.....

:eek:

Hi Gerbil. Did they mention in the email when they would come back to us again? We haven't had that email today.

Thanks

Jane:arghh:

Hi Gerbil. Did they mention in the email when they would come back to us again? We haven't had that email today.

Thanks

Jane:arghh:

Nor us!! :confused:

Guest boslowen

yeah ..i got same e-mail.....but as I said before I had phoned and e-mailed Paula and Davinia for a update...so dont be too worried if you have not got it yet.

Cheers

I have to keep telling myself that not everyone is as organised as me! I would have everyone on the same circulation list but hey, that's just me. But gets you a bit paranoid after a bit !

x:goofy:

DITTO!:biggrin:

Hi all,

We sent an e-mail last week Friday, and heard back from Paula on Monday afternoon. She is undoubtedly a busy lady and I honestly believe there are many other factors at play in this process.

Just hang in there, we'll all hear soon enough. By fretting over something you can't change, you're ony ruining the move for yourself. Think of it this way - if this opportunity hadn't presented itself, you'd be going on with your day to day lives as usual. This is a bonus if it happens for you, and if it doesn't, at least you tried.

Patience.

Banging comments, I like it!:smile:

Just been on Railchat and apparently somebody has had a response. It was a no decision, so it looks as though the phone calls have started.

Just been on Railchat and apparently somebody has had a response. It was a no decision, so it looks as though the phone calls have started.

i got a call yesterday with no decision but they still want to keep me on file:biglaugh:

Don't know!

Im confused about that post too!

As I said last week, all I got was an e-mail stating that ARG are finalising contracts for which they need us for. ( By that I assume the Dec/Jan move is out ).

Davinia also said I was still in for the move so thats brill for me!

the post on rail chat said "mate of mine got a no from paula,so the phone calls have started",i presumed that "no decision" meant the decision on the job position was a no,but would keep on file incase they dont get enough people.

so the calls have finally started anyway!!!!!

sad news for brummo x

Guest helpurself
i got a call yesterday with no decision but they still want to keep me on file:biglaugh:

Hey Brummo, keep the head up, like yourself I got a no' decision from Paula today and the offer to keep my details on record, if I'm being honest I think this was just a spoonful of sugar, but every thing happens for a reason and this was'nt for us (and no doubt a few others)

Apart from the obvious the only real down side has been the total lack of communication throughout, it takes 2 mins to copy all concerned in an e-mail just to keep them in the loop, still cant think why they found this difficult.

Anyways best of luck to every one still in the frame and as I said to Dr Smudge(Railchat) " I would rather regret something I had done than something I had'nt", at least this way if I had been offered and said no, I would no doubt be cursing myself every time 'wanted down under' came on the box! now at least I can say its all ARG's fault!!http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/images/smilies/biglaugh.gif

No regrets, you've got to be in it too win it

Archived