Guest Gerbil

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh god i dont know how much longer we can take the silence!!!! :twitcy::twitcy::arghh:

still no news is supposed to be good news eh?

good luck everyone here's hoping! :hug:

Guest MongooseB

Kornish,

I think you may be right about this dragging out to October! We've not heard anything further - any news from anyone else?

:mad:

Guest Kornish

Hi all! I have had an email as I suspect have lots of you? Paula has apologised for the delay, adding that they hope to have finished choosing the successful applicants along with phoning them in the next 2 weeks! Not quite October then but halfway there. lol! The waiting is horrible! Life is on pause!

Guest MongooseB
G'day Mongoose, I applied for a drivers position. How about yourself?

Hi Kornish,

Thanks for your reply!

It's actually my hubby who has applied for a Mechanical Fitter position. I think that the driver positions will be attended to first, certainly looks that way anyhow.

Got to be honest, the wait is really dragging on now, kinda taken the excitement out of it all.

:SLEEP:

Guest Kornish

I know that feeling! But try & remember the excitement you felt when you 1st heard about Oz. I have Oz in my head 24/7 I've been to Oz twice & know what this opportunity will give me & my girlfriend! I have so many things I need to do, but can not, until I know. However it has always been an ambition of mine to live in Oz. I do not know your circumstances but I doubt you will regret the move!

Guest MongooseB

Thanks Kornish! We're originally from South Africa, now residing in Scotland, so desperate for a similar way of life to that which we are accustomed. You're right, we never expected to even get an initial call let alone an interview! It is all we think about too, just the uncertainty is a little frustrating.

I wish you all the best, you sound like an Australian at hear already, someone who deserves the opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MongooseB

To all those, both drivers and fitters, waiting patiently for THE PHONECALL -

Do you really believe it will happen?? We are now on the 17th of September, and yes, it is Friday, so perhaps the phonecalls will start this weekend, but we are so past being patient that if it happens it will be a miracle!!!!:arghh:

I suppose this is a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyhow...Has ANYONE heard ANYTHING?

ARG - is it REAL????:no:

Guest boslowen
Nothing yet either apart from the same email saying delayed another week, great. Is anyone thinking why is there a delay? maybe a problem with the contract for the new mine/port etc?

Hi, could you please let us know when you had this email, we had one two weeks ago saying about the delay and have heard nothing since. So is this the second email that you have received?

Have you applied for a drivers job or fitter/electrician?

No. Not heard anything since the e-mail a couple of weeks ago.

It'll happen when it happens so don't worry and forget it for the mo.

I don't think we'll be going anyway, can't sell the house as the market is abysmal and im not leaving wife and child behind. We'll try next time though, or New Zealand which i'd much prefer!!

no, sorry, i should have said, this is the first email i've had, been on hols for a fortnight thats all, had the email whilst i was away. Fitters job i've applied for, hopefuly it is another week, that being the end of this week so i was told, but the way its going i wouldn't be suprised if its another week on top!!

october here we come!! I wonder if they will still expect people there by jan11 with this delay in being informed??

to be honest I think its getting a bit naughty now. they must realise that we all basically got our lives on hold! I'm not happy at all!! :twitcy:

I find it bizarre that we get an email telling us 2 weeks then nothing? 3 weeks later. However has anyone actually called Paula or Davinia? Or emailed either of them? Since the email was sent 3 weeks ago? Or are we all to scared to call?

Guest dr snapper

To be honest Kornish I have thought about contacting them to find out what the hold up has been, But I feel that the promise they made us of keeping us informed hasn't been kept and alot of people that I know that have applied have run out of patience and decided not to go. We maybe able to use this to our advantage and to be honest like someone said on this forum or the rail chat forum "They need us more than we need them" and if they think they are going to get 20/30 couples/familys out in January they must be deluded because I'm not going out there without mine. Lets see what happens:jiggy:

Archived