Guest Gerbil

Guest MongooseB
Why didn't you ask when you was at expo?

Not possible unless I was prepared to stand waiting for hours to be spoken to. Sure it's on the internet somewhere...

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In answer to my own question, the following is on the internet:

"

It is vital to note that the new points test will only be relevant to one component of the skilled migration program. This change won’t have an effect on every type of skilled migration visa and only applies to the following visas.

• Subclass 885 Skilled Independent

• Subclass 886 Skilled Sponsored

•Subclass 175 Skilled Independent

•Subclass 487 Skilled Regional Sponsored

•Subclass 176 Skilled Sponsored

•Subclass 475 Skilled – Regional Sponsored"

So, I think it is safe to assume that the UK applicants applying under a 457, won't have to do the IELTS...unless anyone else knows differently?

Spoke to Paula the other day, everything is on the go again, so if you are worried about anything, phone her as she is back on the case. She has a meeting with ARG this week, so I'm leaving her breathing space for the time being.

Guest Sverre 1
Why didn't you ask when you was at expo?

The IELTS 7 out of 9 that you are referring to only applies to academic levels. You would only require 6 out of 9 as agreed between Government and ARG as part of the resolution to get the Labour agreement signed off. From what I understand and have read on the DIAC web pages there are changes overall, but the agreement for ARG I as quoted above. I suppose it could differ with respect to skill and position you have applied for.For clarity you could contact the migration agent that will be lodging your application. Have a super evening.

:smile:

Guest MongooseB
The IELTS 7 out of 9 that you are referring to only applies to academic levels. You would only require 6 out of 9 as agreed between Government and ARG as part of the resolution to get the Labour agreement signed off. From what I understand and have read on the DIAC web pages there are changes overall, but the agreement for ARG I as quoted above. I suppose it could differ with respect to skill and position you have applied for.For clarity you could contact the migration agent that will be lodging your application. Have a super evening.

Thank you.

I was more interested in whether or not the changes in July will mean the Brits will have to sit the tests as well. Until now they did not have to if they had British Citizenship, but from July 2011 these tests will be compulsory for all. Just not sure if anthing was agreed upone between ARG and the Government regarding this.

Spoke to Paula the other day, everything is on the go again, so if you are worried about anything, phone her as she is back on the case. She has a meeting with ARG this week, so I'm leaving her breathing space for the time being.

WA grants 9-month Oakajee port and rail project extension

This is just one of many reports i've found this morning, i wonder if it has anything to do with Paulas meeting with ARG this week??? Another 9 months of checking Poms in Oz every hour every day ahead for me....:wacko::cry::goofy::no:

Years ago I painted our spare bedroom girlie pink, and 5 months after, had a boy.

We have no dates as to when we are going, or if we are going!

My husbands cousin has just come back from living in Sydney for 3 years, and he has a HSBC account which his company paid his wages into with no problem. He used his card at the ATM's no problem, and he informed HSBC to him living in Sydney, no problems, got statements, even got a loan for a car whilst he lived there. So we are transferring our accounts from LloydsTSB to HSBC now as if we want to come back to UK to visit we can still use our cards. So no need to build your credit scoring if you stick to a universal bank.

This test......if you want to know ask Paula, that is what she is there for.

The worst thing to do is to assume. Paula said she was going to a meeting with ARG to ask them for dates as to our move (UK) as the SA are on the move, we are next. We will be contacting Paula soon, and hopefully she has some good news.

Don't forget the weapons of maths instruction! lol

Guest MongooseB
Years ago I painted our spare bedroom girlie pink, and 5 months after, had a boy.

We have no dates as to when we are going, or if we are going!

My husbands cousin has just come back from living in Sydney for 3 years, and he has a HSBC account which his company paid his wages into with no problem. He used his card at the ATM's no problem, and he informed HSBC to him living in Sydney, no problems, got statements, even got a loan for a car whilst he lived there. So we are transferring our accounts from LloydsTSB to HSBC now as if we want to come back to UK to visit we can still use our cards. So no need to build your credit scoring if you stick to a universal bank.

This test......if you want to know ask Paula, that is what she is there for.

The worst thing to do is to assume. Paula said she was going to a meeting with ARG to ask them for dates as to our move (UK) as the SA are on the move, we are next. We will be contacting Paula soon, and hopefully she has some good news.

Don't forget the weapons of maths instruction! lol

I have asked Paula, no reply. But don't worry, I won't trouble anyone else on the forum for the answer (although I thought that was the whole idea of these forums - to assist each other)...sure it will present itself in good time.

As advised by HSBC and ANZ at the Expo on Sunday 27/2 - even if you have a bank account in the UK with HSBC and you transfer your address to Oz and continue to use the same account, your credit ratings start from the day you take up residence in Oz. Their banks do not inherit any credit ratings from other countries. This is the current arrangement, not sure what may have been in practice previously. The only thing they did advise on is that HSBC are quite small over there with limited ATMs and branches.

Let's hope we do hear something from Paula - anything would be nice!

I have asked Paula, no reply (nothing unusual there!). But don't worry, I won't trouble anyone else on the forum for the answer (although I thought that was the whole idea of these forums - to assist each other)...sure it will present itself in good time.

As advised by HSBC and ANZ at the Expo on Sunday 27/2 - even if you have a bank account in the UK with HSBC and you transfer your address to Oz and continue to use the same account, your credit ratings start from the day you take up residence in Oz. Their banks do not inherit any credit ratings from other countries. This is the current arrangement, not sure what may have been in practice previously. The only thing they did advise on is that HSBC are quite small over there with limited ATMs and branches.

Let's hope we do hear something from Paula - anything would be nice!

lol, I know what the forums are for.

All banks including HSBC are in Chapman Road, Geraldton.

I have lived in France and have a house there, and each country is different.

We have always been able to contact Paula, did try Davinia but she is harder to get hold of. It depends when you have tried to phone (never bother with e mail).

Has Paula got caller id? lol

She knows us as soon as we phone, and she has always been helpful and to our other railway friends.

My hubbies mate phones her up, and he chats to her every month.

Will phone her this weekend to find out what went on at the meeting. And that's what we should all be interested in more than anything!

Guest saxbypaul

ARG has fitter jobs again on there website so looks like no jobs for the fitters also new contact to apply for job NOT :chatterbox::chatterbox::chatterbox::chatterbox::chatterbox::cry::cry:

Guest MongooseB
ARG has fitter jobs again on there website so looks like no jobs for the fitters also new contact to apply for job NOT :chatterbox::chatterbox::chatterbox::chatterbox::chatterbox::cry::cry:

You are right, both Electrical and Mechanical fitter roles are advertised, BUT, you have to remember (I hope what I am saying proves to be the case!) that before they can offer visa sponsorship, they have to prove that they could not fill the vacancies with local talent.

It is a bit coincidental that all the roles are being advertised now, given that we are expecting to hear from ARG around the middle of the year - 4 months from now.

Don't give up hope and don't jump to the wrong conclusions...

I hope that my thoughts are correct.

:yes:

You are right, both Electrical and Mechanical fitter roles are advertised, BUT, you have to remember (I hope what I am saying proves to be the case!) that before they can offer visa sponsorship, they have to prove that they could not fill the vacancies with local talent.

It is a bit coincidental that all the roles are being advertised now, given that we are expecting to hear from ARG around the middle of the year - 4 months from now.

Don't give up hope and don't jump to the wrong conclusions...

I hope that my thoughts are correct.

:yes:

I'm sure you're right! Its my understanding that they are legally obliged to make these job vacancies available for australians! so don't panic everyone I'm sure if anything this means that were all a step closer to getting out there!! hang in there peeps! :jiggy::wubclub::biggrin:

Guest MongooseB
I'm sure you're right! Its my understanding that they are legally obliged to make these job vacancies available for australians! so don't panic everyone I'm sure if anything this means that were all a step closer to getting out there!! hang in there peeps! :jiggy::wubclub::biggrin:

I think you're bang on the money! We are getting closer by the day....Christmas in the sun I say!!!

Spoke to Paula TODAY, and all is fine. They are processing the South Africans first, as soon as they are sorted we are next (trades & drivers). So, will everyone 'STOP ASSUMING', as this is the problem, if in doubt phone Divinia or Paula. Perth & Geraldton are having a heatwave at the moment (nice to know as I've got the central heating on), also don't phone them this Monday as they have a Bank Holiday.

Phone them don't e mail, and make sure you look at the time in Perth Australia as they are 8 hours in front of us, ARG would be a nightime phone call as to contact Divinia would be 9 to 5 work time. I phoned Paula and it was 19.45 there and 11.45 here at our home.

Do not see this as a green light to put your house up for sale yet, but you can get your paint brushes out. They will tell us more when they have settled the SA. They cannot give us dates as if they give us a date and it passes by, we would all be panicking and phoning them up saying "You said!

IF IN DOUBT GIVE PAULA A SHOUT!

Moll you are bang on & MongooseB I'm not having a personal dig at you, but what I'm trying to say is wait until we have been given the thumbs up before opening an account as I said some countries charge you for having their account. I appologise to you if I have upset you, as we should all be on here helping each other. Paula at the interview did say for us not to put our houses up for sale and some did and now blaming ARG, as their houses have sold and she has had people phoning her up and having a go at her.

If anyone wants to know anything, ask me and I will ask them. As Moll said is right, so keep the faith.

Guest Sverre 1
Spoke to Paula TODAY, and all is fine. They are processing the South Africans first, as soon as they are sorted we are next (trades & drivers). So, will everyone 'STOP ASSUMING', as this is the problem, if in doubt phone Divinia or Paula. Perth & Geraldton are having a heatwave at the moment (nice to know as I've got the central heating on), also don't phone them this Monday as they have a Bank Holiday.

Phone them don't e mail, and make sure you look at the time in Perth Australia as they are 8 hours in front of us, ARG would be a nightime phone call as to contact Divinia would be 9 to 5 work time. I phoned Paula and it was 19.45 there and 11.45 here at our home.

Do not see this as a green light to put your house up for sale yet, but you can get your paint brushes out. They will tell us more when they have settled the SA. They cannot give us dates as if they give us a date and it passes by, we would all be panicking and phoning them up saying "You said!

IF IN DOUBT GIVE PAULA A SHOUT!

Moll you are bang on & MongooseB I'm not having a personal dig at you, but what I'm trying to say is wait until we have been given the thumbs up before opening an account as I said some countries charge you for having their account. I appologise to you if I have upset you, as we should all be on here helping each other. Paula at the interview did say for us not to put our houses up for sale and some did and now blaming ARG, as their houses have sold and she has had people phoning her up and having a go at her.

If anyone wants to know anything, ask me and I will ask them. As Moll said is right, so keep the faith.

Hi everyone,

The best you can do is not to assume this or that. Rather ask. With respect to jobs being advertised, I already asked that question months ago, and I also assumed this and that. Paula assured me that the positions that we applied for are secured and in fact there are still so many jobs available due to positions lost to other companies. It has been tree weeks since we had our Visa medicals and about two since all documentation had been sent to Julie Williams. All we can do now is to wait patiently, and while waiting re sit the IELTS in two weeks time. From the info we have from ex colleagues, you shouldn't at all be thinking that things are happening at a slow pace, because it's going to catch you of guard. . I have already seen a mate of mine being caught of guard just a couple of days ago.He has to be there 1 April. Rather make sure you have a list of things to do and all documentation ready to resend. Things are happening at a pace. The latest is that they want us there between mid April and end of May. Have a super evening.

Guest sharksrule

Hi Sverre1

Well once again I can confirm your post. A friend of mine was caught of guard as well. He has to be there 6 April. I did IELTS again today and it went much better than the first time. Now it is 13 days of torture...lol. Where you from?

Guest simon h
WA grants 9-month Oakajee port and rail project extension

This is just one of many reports i've found this morning, i wonder if it has anything to do with Paulas meeting with ARG this week??? Another 9 months of checking Poms in Oz every hour every day ahead for me....:wacko::cry::goofy::no:

i spoke to divinia about the port and i does have a slight impact but not significant as the iron or is still coming out of the ground and fast:skeptical:

i spoke to divinia about the port and i does have a slight impact but not significant as the iron or is still coming out of the ground and fast:skeptical:

The countdown to UK movers will start as soon as the last SA turns the light off!

Guest Sverre 1
The countdown to UK movers will start as soon as the last SA turns the light off!

Hi to ya all, things are really moving at a pace now. They want all the South Africans there before or at the latest end of May. So thumbs up that tings will start for the rest of you guys very soon.

:jiggy:

Hi to ya all, things are really moving at a pace now. They want all the South Africans there before or at the latest end of May. So thumbs up that tings will start for the rest of you guys very soon.

:jiggy:

We hope so too! Thanks for the info Sverre1, all the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Gone quite? Our friend has contacted Paula and she is very busy, but for those who were worried about doing more tests, not to worry, as we don't have to sit them (IELTS).

And for those who have bailed out and going to NZ best of luck as you'll need it. Ask yourself 'why have Kiwi come over to recruit now in UK? Answer; because they know that there is a hold up with ARG, so they have come over to poach. I must admit, we was tempted, and went to London for the interview, and I must admit ARG are offering more than Kiwi, and although people have moaned on here & railchat about ARG, ARG have never lied to us, unlike Kiwi. The two ladies doing the interview interviewed the family, they picked on my son saying we was to leave him behind because he is a student and he would do 2 years in their country and then bugga off to Oz. I was shocked, Kiwi have got such a big hang up on Oz. Also saying that some of their ex drivers who went to Oz don't like it and have put in to come back, and she had a smile on her face when she told us that she personally told them 'No', we wasn't good enough the first time!

Yes, Kiwi told porkies, they wanted freight drivers, they told my husband that he didn't have enough freight knowledge (ex Saltley Seagull & Fastline) and yet they have taken on a passenger driver with no freight knowledge (you know who you are as you have been on here)! $10,000 goes along way when it's just you, but if you have a family, forget it. Kiwi don't help you with accommodation or transport, unlike ARG, also wouldn't talk about pensions or overtime, and their visa''s are different. If you are going to Kiwi, go with your eyes fully opened as there are pit falls to a life down-under with them!

Guest MongooseB
Gone quite? Our friend has contacted Paula and she is very busy, but for those who were worried about doing more tests, not to worry, as we don't have to sit them (IELTS).

And for those who have bailed out and going to NZ best of luck as you'll need it. Ask yourself 'why have Kiwi come over to recruit now in UK? Answer; because they know that there is a hold up with ARG, so they have come over to poach. I must admit, we was tempted, and went to London for the interview, and I must admit ARG are offering more than Kiwi, and although people have moaned on here & railchat about ARG, ARG have never lied to us, unlike Kiwi. The two ladies doing the interview interviewed the family, they picked on my son saying we was to leave him behind because he is a student and he would do 2 years in their country and then bugga off to Oz. I was shocked, Kiwi have got such a big hang up on Oz. Also saying that some of their ex drivers who went to Oz don't like it and have put in to come back, and she had a smile on her face when she told us that she personally told them 'No', we wasn't good enough the first time!

Yes, Kiwi told porkies, they wanted freight drivers, they told my husband that he didn't have enough freight knowledge (ex Saltley Seagull & Fastline) and yet they have taken on a passenger driver with no freight knowledge (you know who you are as you have been on here)! $10,000 goes along way when it's just you, but if you have a family, forget it. Kiwi don't help you with accommodation or transport, unlike ARG, also wouldn't talk about pensions or overtime, and their visa''s are different. If you are going to Kiwi, go with your eyes fully opened as there are pit falls to a life down-under with them!

Hi,

Did your friend manage to get an idea of when we could be hearing from them? I expect Paula is quite busy with the SA guys, but it would be nice to have an anticipated date for our lot.

You are right about ARG never lying to us - they may not have communicated frequently, but I think I would rather have that than be told a pack of lies.

I honestly think we will hear something by end May...gut feeling.

Guest Ninja13

Let's hope:smile:. I agree that info has been scarce but as you have said, I do not feel that I have been told any mis-truths.

I'm sure we'll hear something soon. The SA's will need to settle in first I would think.

Guest sharksrule
Hi,

Did your friend manage to get an idea of when we could be hearing from them? I expect Paula is quite busy with the SA guys, but it would be nice to have an anticipated date for our lot.

You are right about ARG never lying to us - they may not have communicated frequently, but I think I would rather have that than be told a pack of lies.

Some of the SA visas are being approved as we speak....

Hi,

Yep, I agree with you Mongoose, it all takes time, and I think when it happens we will be like headless chickens. And by the end of May the SA will be over, and I'm hoping that once they are settled, we will be informed about what's next. At least those that have bailed out and gone over to NZ, at least this means if there is a short list (not saying there is or isn't, I really do not know) but if there is.....we are now further up the list :-) lol

Everything comes to those that wait!

Ps, I will try and find out if trades & drivers are all going at the same time, but bare with us at the moment as I said in an earlier post, Paula is visiting family in UK soon. Our friend Doug tried several times to contact Paula, as the telephone line was weak, and he also got the answer machine, but when he did contact her, everything she said to him was positive, and that's the main thing!

Guest MongooseB
Some of the SA visas are being approved as we speak....

Yours being one of them! You lucky dude!!!:jiggy:

Archived