Guest Gerbil

Guest MongooseB
Hi Mongoose,

Contracts:confused: I havn't heard anything about contracts! Is it UK applicants that you have heard receive contracts or was it the SA's? I received an email yesterday. It was only an update. Did you not get an email then? If not, perhaps it was just the drivers update and that fitters will receive one a little later.

Yes, the SA guys received contracts within 5 weeks of their telephonic offer.

We haven't received an e-mail yet, but as you say, I think it was just the drivers and hopefully the fitters will get one soon.

Do you mind telling me what they have said? The suspense is a killer?

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ninja13

It was to say that the Australian government have now given permission for the ability to apply for 457 work visas and that we should all hear in the midde of this year an update. Or words to that effect. :)

Guest MongooseB

Thanks Ninja13!!!

That is at least a step in the right direction and hopefully it won't be too long before we're "blowing the froth off a couple of cold ones" in Australia!

Guest Ninja13
Thanks Ninja13!!!

That is at least a step in the right direction and hopefully it won't be too long before we're "blowing the froth off a couple of cold ones" in Australia!

:biggrin:

Guest DorsetSteve

Hi Mongoose

Yes I applies for the electrician position,and apart from the emailed card for crimbo,not heard anything....altho I did get a call from davinia last year asking if I were still interested,but she couldn't tell me if I was successful lol

Yeah, got the same call last year and the same emailed card. you've probably been told you have been short listed? Any idea what they mean by that?

What is it with this short listed? Lets compare notes guys.

My husband is a driver. Paula told us that they had told the no people. She told my husband's friend that she would meet him at Perth airport. She told him more than what she has told us!

At no stage was my husband or his friend, offered a position. He & his friend, had the phone call off Davinia asking if they was still interested. They wasn't told they was short listed, that is my main point in all of this......we haven't been told anything only that monthly e mails will be sent.

Is there any UK drivers on here that have been told they are short listed?

We all know that the SA are in the waiting room waiting to depart, good luck to you guys!

There are fitters & trades on here that have probably been told different things. The last thing we want on here is confused people.

Oh bye the way, peoples, the ones who was told 'No', they too got a Christmas e card from ARG. So read from that what you want.

I'd like to know off the trades if they have had this e mail off Davinia?

I'm posting on here the last e mail;

Hope you and your families are well and that you had a nice restful festive and New Year season.

I am pleased to advise that we have recently been successful in obtaining the Labour Agreement with the Commonwealth Government of Australia. Securing the Labour Agreement entitles ARG to apply for 457 visa places in Australia.

As mentioned in my previous correspondence there has been a delay to the start date of our key projects. We anticipate to be in contact with you mid this year to discuss the progress of your application further. We will be in regular communication about any updates between now and midyear.

Should you have any questions or concerns in the mean time please do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a great weekend.

If you're willing to wait & be messed about, and got age on your side and not on the wrong side of 40, be patient, it's worth waiting for. Only they know what's going on, and sometimes it's best not to know!

I still stick to what I said earlier on, the drinks will be on me when we all get there and open a few tinnies under my Foster's umbrella as it will be winter time over there when this gets sorted!

Have the South Africans gone yet?

If anyone has put in for Kiwi Rail, all that is on offer is Dundin on the south Island, my mate who lives in Auckland, said that it is known as the 'shaky Isle', (south Isle). so I'm still fingers crossed for ARG, just wish they would stop pi**ing us about!

Guest Sverre 1

Well guys you wanted to know, yes sure things are happening on our side " SA ". Currently bussy with Visa medicals, and then there's still some isues with regard to IELTS requierments that have changed, although that is the least of my concern. Just hang in there, it's just around the bend mates. Have a fantastic evevning.

Guest sharksrule
Well guys you wanted to know, yes sure things are happening on our side " SA ". Currently bussy with Visa medicals, and then there's still some isues with regard to IELTS requierments that have changed, although that is the least of my concern. Just hang in there, it's just around the bend mates. Have a fantastic evevning.

I can confirm your post.... Eventually things are on the move again....

has anyone had any news from ARG:cry:

Don't be disheartened saxbypaul! you know how they work... we probably won't hear anything (of use) for a few months! we may get a happy easter if we're lucky lol:wink: My hubby Simon and I have a bet on, he thinks we'll be on our way by about August this year, I reckon we'll still be here for next Christmas!!! Things are soooooo slow. but hang in there everyone we've got NOTHING to lose. :yes::yes::yes:

Guest beammeupscottie

hi all

just popped in to say that i agree that we will probably be here for christmas, if its earlier, all the better. we have all waited this long whats another year amongs friends?:biggrin::biggrin:

Don't be disheartened saxbypaul! you know how they work... we probably won't hear anything (of use) for a few months! we may get a happy easter if we're lucky lol:wink: My hubby Simon and I have a bet on, he thinks we'll be on our way by about August this year, I reckon we'll still be here for next Christmas!!! Things are soooooo slow. but hang in there everyone we've got NOTHING to lose. :yes::yes::yes:

Hi Moll, agree totally with you there. Think it is getting harder for the wife's too. All hang in there and see how things go. If it's August suits us fine if it is December no difference here. :biggrin:

Guest MongooseB

Couldn't agree more. We have been told that we are only likely to hear from ARG again around the middle of this year, which is when they anticipate knowing for sure when the contracts are scheduled to begin. Only once this has been finalised will thye contact us to progress further with our application.

My hubby also believes the ball will start rolling again around August, with us hopefully being rellocated around December.

It is SOOOOOOO frustrating, but you have got to admit, the suspense gives you something to keep excited about!

:hug:

Guest MongooseB

Hi everyone,

I attended an emigration expo yesterday and was curious about one thing regarding visas. As all the Brits know, we are exempt from the IELTS, for now anyway. With the changes coming about in July 2011, all British applicants will have to sit the IELTS and score 7 out of 9. What I would like to know is, will this apply to the 457 visas as well, and will we be caught up in the changes given we aren't exactly in the processing line yet?

If this is the case, prepare yourselves for more delays as the waiting time for sitting the tests is around 6 months!!!!

So, if anyone can advise us on this that would be great!

Hi everyone,

I attended an emigration expo yesterday and was curious about one thing regarding visas. As all the Brits know, we are exempt from the IELTS, for now anyway. With the changes coming about in July 2011, all British applicants will have to sit the IELTS and score 7 out of 9. What I would like to know is, will this apply to the 457 visas as well, and will we be caught up in the changes given we aren't exactly in the processing line yet?

If this is the case, prepare yourselves for more delays as the waiting time for sitting the tests is around 6 months!!!!

So, if anyone can advise us on this that would be great!

Why didn't you ask when you was at expo?

Archived