New Category 4's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Posted by George Lombard on another thread -- >

Talking to the states today and thinking what sort of government we might get eventually, I get the feeling that the SMPs are going to take even longer - one state seems to think that it might not be resolved until March next year if at all. I'm hoping this is meritless pessimism but also worth considering for those waiting for Schedule 4 to kick in. In many cases the onshore students are going to have an easier ride than offshore applicants.

Cheers,

George Lombard

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what we are doing for last 3 years, John. And we are great at doing this.

Hi VB,

Hope you are well mate. Yes we are great at speculation and we seem to grab on to any ray of hope we can. Lets just pray this adventure has a happy ending for all of us on here. I think we will all look back on this and wonder why we put ourselves through torture.

At least we wont have to deal with Mr Evans even if labour are still in power.

Cheers,

John:hug:

• 2 weeks later...
MY Application date IS 30.08.07. aND GUESS WHAT I AM DOING HERE.. STILL GUESSING NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. I WOULD HAVE DONE DOCTORATE BY NOW ON GUESSING.

ANOTHER SPECULATION IS THAT I DO NOT THINK THEY WILL LOOK AT OFFSHORE CATEGORY 4 APPLICANTS FOR NOW...

HOPE FOR EVIL PASSED WITH TIME

Just a quick word Manj.. Aren't Pre sept 2007 offshore Applicants capped.....

So re you still in queue... (30 August 2007)?

I am also in cat 4 and it is almost a year since i applied. I am amazed that all of us that are stuck in cat 4 are not raising our concerns to minister evans or even prime minister gillard. The fact is we will not be processed how can we be processed. They will only start to look at us when cat 1-3 have been finalised. But as it is now any new application will go into cat 1-3 they will have an endless supply and will in fact never ever get to cat 4.

I have written to evans and gillard and have asked them to explain to me how they intend to process my application, im not expecting them to answer it im sure it will be the usual cut and paste reply. Some of us in cat 4 will move to cat 2 when the smp comes out but those that are left i think will be capped and ceased and refunded.

I read on another forum a migration agent who does not post on here reckons that 99% of us in cat 4 will NOT get a visa so if you do not move upto cat 2 with the smp then the future for those left is very very grim im affraid.

tomtom

Just a quick word Manj.. Aren't Pre sept 2007 offshore Applicants capped.....

So re you still in queue... (30 August 2007)?

Hi matey,

496 is not yet capped. I do not know what is there in the store? Does anyone know when are they going to announce the expansion of portfolios.

And Sammi, There is a surprise as one of the category 4 state sponsored application has got the visa recently. His name is Jupiter here on POMS. He is from May 2008.

Hi matey,

496 is not yet capped. I do not know what is there in the store? Does anyone know when are they going to announce the expansion of portfolios.

And Sammi, There is a surprise as one of the category 4 state sponsored application has got the visa recently. His name is Jupiter here on POMS. He is from May 2008.

Hi,

Jupiter's case is a bit special, Jupiter got allocated a CO and asked to do meds and pcs which were met by JUly 2009.

more details in this post ...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91829-gsm-processing-times-possible-delays-smps-19.html#post852452

Hi,

Jupiter's case is a bit special, Jupiter got allocated a CO and asked to do meds and pcs which were met by JUly 2009.

more details in this post ...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91829-gsm-processing-times-possible-delays-smps-19.html#post852452

Fine I can understand.. But there are so many other applicants like him. Look at my timeline. verifcation, medical and PCC all done...

I am 2231-79 with a case officer... Aplied on 20 Aug 2008 (Paperwork not Online) My bad luck the case officer asked for my wife's medicals on 23 dec 2008 and 1 jan 2009 came CSL!!!

Well i will definately take legal advice as they have said that if a case officer was allocated to you,you will be processed... and i had a case offcier but nobody contacted me..

I am 2231-79 with a case officer... Aplied on 20 Aug 2008 (Paperwork not Online) My bad luck the case officer asked for my wife's medicals on 23 dec 2008 and 1 jan 2009 came CSL!!!

Well i will definately take legal advice as they have said that if a case officer was allocated to you,you will be processed... and i had a case offcier but nobody contacted me..

Please let me know the outcome of your legal advice. I'm in the same boat. I applied in May08 and submitted my pcc and meds. I was allocated a CO in DEC08 and then in JAN,... well.... lightning struck us all. Please let me know what you are legally advised. cheers

I'm not sure how to add this to the first page.

Name: Sydneytina

Date of Visa application: 25.06.10

Nationality: Indian

Trade/profession: 2231-79 COMPUTER PROFESSIONAL NEC (IT Recent Grads)

Visa type: 885

Onshore/offshore: Onshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 7

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned: I wish today itself

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: I wish today itself

Can't help but notice how the atmosphere reeks with negativity and beat down souls. I am one of you guys as well. I am filled with regret and stress because of this is poor excuse of an immigration process. I just like to vent out here every now and then. I appreciate the great people on this site that offer advice and intiatives to solve this delimma. They are truely more human than the ones steering the immigration process.

I can't say i have much hope for Cat 4 anymore, unless something drastic happens which i doubt. From the day i lodged my application 2 years ago till today. it is been nothing but BAD NEWS!!!! I thought regional visas should get some kind of priority having to agree to live in provincial area and having to prove you have enough capital/assets to be able to be sponsored by government. They are extending their hands to populate their states.But politics have to screw up everything manipulated by brain dead politicians. So much was put on hold for false hope.

475 sept 2008

Can't help but notice how the atmosphere reeks with negativity and beat down souls. I am one of you guys as well. I am filled with regret and stress because of this is poor excuse of an immigration process. I just like to vent out here every now and then. I appreciate the great people on this site that offer advice and intiatives to solve this delimma. They are truely more human than the ones steering the immigration process.

I can't say i have much hope for Cat 4 anymore, unless something drastic happens which i doubt. From the day i lodged my application 2 years ago till today. it is been nothing but BAD NEWS!!!! I thought regional visas should get some kind of priority having to agree to live in provincial area and having to prove you have enough capital/assets to be able to be sponsored by government. They are extending their hands to populate their states.But politics have to screw up everything manipulated by brain dead politicians. So much was put on hold for false hope.

475 sept 2008

Hi Revival.

Never give up hope mate. I live by the law of attraction. If you think negatively then more negative things come in to your life, but if you turn it on its head and aim for only positive things and think about what might go right instead of wrong then you will see changes for the better mate.

Keep the faith. Ask, Believe, Receive.

Hi Revival.

Never give up hope mate. I live by the law of attraction. If you think negatively then more negative things come in to your life, but if you turn it on its head and aim for only positive things and think about what might go right instead of wrong then you will see changes for the better mate.

Keep the faith. Ask, Believe, Receive.

@ John,

I can't agree more. From past few days I had become so depressed, negative and frustrated but your words "Keep the faith. Ask, Believe, Receive" , suddenly struck me like lightnening and made me realise that faith and hope is what I should be looking for. Thanks for these wonderful words.

Guest stillwaiting79

sorry i made a mistake wit the dates, nice big TYPO.

Name: STILLWAITING79

Date of Visa application: 03.10.08

Trade/profession: PROJECT & PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR

Visa type: 176-Family Sponsored

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category (If applicable):

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 6ii

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Additional Info (IF applicable): Applied for WA SS which was under off-list nomination and they say that its most likely to be declined as i dont meet "many" criterias but they wont say when only that they are waiting for the new directive.

Name: stayer

Date of Visa application: (dd.mm.yy) 20 AUg 2008

Trade/profession: Management Consultant

Visa type: 885

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category (If applicable):

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 7

Medicals submitted: yes

Police check submitted: yes

Date CO assigned: (dd.mm.yy) someone had a look at submitted documents on 1 Sept 2009 (application processed further)

Date of employment verification (If applicable): (dd.mm.yy)

Date visa granted: (dd.mm.yy)

Additional Info (IF applicable):

Archived