New Category 4's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest amitsoft7
If you are State Sponsored, you are Cat 3. If your occupation appears on ACT SMP, you'll move to Cat 2

Hi Stayer

But my occupation is not there in the new SOL list for which i got sponsorship from ACT(Systems Manager) in may 2009 neither it is in now in the baseline list of ACT skill list. I think Cat 4 are those whose occupation is in not there in the new SOL irrespective if they have any state sponsorship or not.Please advice.

Regards

Amit

Hi Stayer

But my occupation is not there in the new SOL list for which i got sponsorship from ACT(Systems Manager) in may 2009 neither it is in now in the baseline list of ACT skill list. I think Cat 4 are those whose occupation is in not there in the new SOL irrespective if they have any state sponsorship or not.Please advice.

Regards

Amit

Amit yes you are right. If your occupation is not there in the new SOL, then you are on Cat 4.

If and only when the occupation is listed on the yet to announce SMP, then you will be on Cat 2.

Guest amitsoft7
Amit yes you are right. If your occupation is not there in the new SOL, then you are on Cat 4.

If and only when the occupation is listed on the yet to announce SMP, then you will be on Cat 2.

Hi

Thanks for your message, now systems managers (2231-11) are further classified into system administrator and database administrator, how will diac know that i fall into which asco ? Do I need to do any thing? Can you guide me little bit please?

Regards

Amit

Hi

Thanks for your message, now systems managers (2231-11) are further classified into system administrator and database administrator, how will diac know that i fall into which asco ? Do I need to do any thing? Can you guide me little bit please?

Regards

Amit

Hi Amit, I'm sorry, on this matter I'm not so sure.

You may need to get help from other more experience PIOs.

:cool:

Hello,

could you please remove my timeline from the first page? I am now Cat 3! :jiggy:

Good luck to everyone here, hope things start moving for you soon...

Carolina

Well Done to you

Can I ask how you managed to Jump from 4 to 3 please ?

Shane

Hi Shanon7,

oh god, it´s so hard to explain.....I am en Environmental Engieneer, but my ASCO was 2129-79, and through the transitional arrangements, they converted me still as a Building Engineer NEC.

So I complained to DIAC and EA, and they made a special arrangement for Building Engineers NEC. Engineers Australia sent me a new acessment letter, atesting that I am an Environmental Engineer under the ANZSCO, and I sent it to DIAC.....

Building Engineers are not on the new SOL, but Environmental engineers are.....

Guest newguy2010
Hi Shanon7,

oh god, it´s so hard to explain.....I am en Environmental Engieneer, but my ASCO was 2129-79, and through the transitional arrangements, they converted me still as a Building Engineer NEC.

So I complained to DIAC and EA, and they made a special arrangement for Building Engineers NEC. Engineers Australia sent me a new acessment letter, atesting that I am an Environmental Engineer under the ANZSCO, and I sent it to DIAC.....

Now I can see the difference between EA and ACS. Maybe I am doomed. Why wouldn't the guys in ACS learn from EA?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Shanon7,

Hi Carolina

Well done, that lass!

You are the type of Engineer that I approve of. The type who does not say, "Well I can't help because I'm not the right type of engineer" when the building is falling down but the type who says, "Right. Unless somebody has a better idea, I think we should do XYZ."

Well done you for standing up to EA and DIAC until some proper justice was done.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

thanks!

I see a lot of people here complaining about how unfair the world is, but don´t have any attitude to change it.

I am not happy about all these changes, but going to Australia is still a dream. So, until I have a nother dream, I will pursue this one....

I hope my case will inspire others in the same situation, and that they can fight together, because only calling DIAC every single day won´t change anything....

Cheers!

Carolina

Guest newguy2010
Hi newguy,

have you already tried complaining? I have sent at leats 20 emails to EA, plus I have contacted other environmental engineers to do so too...

Try to find other in the same situation as you, so you can work together....

Hi cahoney,

I've complained many times, and if you have checked this thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91106-2231-79-computing-professional-ict-recent-graduate-new-priority.html

you will find tons of people are in the same situation as me. But nothing has changed so far. It's been 3 months. I don't think ACS will change anything in the short term. I just can't wait any longer so I was forced to apply for a new assessment like many others which cost me another 400 bucks.:mad:

Hi newguy,

yes, I have seen this thread....your situation is exactly the same as mine....My Asco was 2129-29 (Building engineers NEC), which includes all engineering courses that don´t have a code for their own...environmental, naval, textile, food and so on....That seemed ok, until the new SOL was out, and they have created a specific code for environmental engineers...so that´s when I thought they should separate the different kinds of engineers......

I guess ACS is not very interested in helping you guys, right?

We started making pressure on Engineers Australia....it worked....

But if this havent had worked out, I would have withdrawled my application, and started over again, if I had to.

Cheers,

Carolina

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alejandro

Sorry to say but they won't even touch Cat4 applicants. Try calling the aspc helpline.

+61 1300 364 613 (outside Australia)

1300 364 613 (in Australia)

I feel that the 'Cap and Cease Bill' is the ultimate fate for many if not all applications in this category.

Guest Global Girl
Sorry to say but they won't even touch Cat4 applicants. Try calling the aspc helpline.

I feel that the 'Cap and Cease Bill' is the ultimate fate for many if not all applications in this category.

Why are you cutting and pasting the same post on multiple threads?

I don't understand the value of this contribution.

Why don't you reponse to Gollywobbler post and see if we can help

I called IMMIGRATION today and I learned absolutely NOTHING new.

I think this number 1300 364 613 will soon be redirected to India (no offence) to some cheap call centre. They did not have a clue what they were reading out to me.

stop messing around my thread and PIO, you sonova!

Guest Alejandro
Hi Shanon7,

Thanks for sharing and this definitely means there are some opportunities to jump to Cat3 queue which would have better chances of visa approval within 12 months:spinny:.

Guest Mongobear

There has apparently been a cat4 grant on the BE page. Doesn't make any sense, does it ?!?!

Graphic Designer maps from 2533-13 to 232411 and this is only listed in schedule 4 ?

I'm confused ....

Paper Applicant of VE 175 - High Risk - Category 4 - Graphic Designer

Date lodged : 18th September 2008

CO assigned : September 2010 (Team 7)

Medical & PCC finalised : Saturday, October 15, 2010

Job verification : none

Visa Grant Letter Received : Thursday, October 21, 2010

There has apparently been a cat4 grant on the BE page. Doesn't make any sense, does it ?!?!

Graphic Designer maps from 2533-13 to 232411 and this is only listed in schedule 4 ?

I'm confused ....

are they processing category 4 for 2008 ?

Archived