New Category 4's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

bumping this thread up coz I'M GOING TO DELETE EVERYONE HERE SSOOOONNN!!! LEMME KNOW! ......... I hope sooo :cry:

YES :yes: I hope you will all be joining the new "Category 2's - Where are you now?" thread soon.

Good Luck to everyone.

Regards

Connie

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Jillabong

Date of Visa application: 24/11/2009

Trade/profession: IT Manager

Visa type: 475 (SA )

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category : N/A

Pre-14th July 2010 Category: 5

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: NO

Police check submitted: NO

Date CO assigned: NO

Date of employment verification:N/A

Date visa granted: Dream dream dream

Additional Info: :arghh:

Jill (31), Sam (35) and William (2)

Agent appointed: 23 March 2009;ACS Skills Assessment: 7 July 2009;Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009;SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009;All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009;SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009;475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

Hi Tania,

As I said in an earlier post. Let's not just give up. I'm category 4 December 08 applicant. I believe that they will definitely be less new applicants now, so hopefully the processing will keep ticking away and finally category 4 will commence. In the future there will only be cat 1, cat 2 and Cat 3's, by the looks of it, so it is in DIAC's interest to clear the remaining cat 4's. I do not believe they will simply cap and cease, as we are valid applicants, who have all passed the IELTS test and passed all the other 'current' requirements. Processing Priority simply means in their current priority order. With less applicants in each category, it makes sense that they will come to us eventually, hopefully within the year, as cat 2 & 3 have caps of number of applicants allowed each year. Let us hope here that common sense prevails and DIAC will look at the people 'caught up' in their ever changing system. Let's not forget - Australia is booming, according to form and still needs qualified migrants :o)

Hi Tania,

As I said in an earlier post. Let's not just give up. I'm category 4 December 08 applicant. I believe that they will definitely be less new applicants now, so hopefully the processing will keep ticking away and finally category 4 will commence. In the future there will only be cat 1, cat 2 and Cat 3's, by the looks of it, so it is in DIAC's interest to clear the remaining cat 4's. I do not believe they will simply cap and cease, as we are valid applicants, who have all passed the IELTS test and passed all the other 'current' requirements. Processing Priority simply means in their current priority order. With less applicants in each category, it makes sense that they will come to us eventually, hopefully within the year, as cat 2 & 3 have caps of number of applicants allowed each year. Let us hope here that common sense prevails and DIAC will look at the people 'caught up' in their ever changing system. Let's not forget - Australia is booming, according to form and still needs qualified migrants :o)

Hi Bluecatcollectables,

I agree with you and yes i hear that Australia are in need of Trades so why are they holding back?

Having a State Sponsor you would think would count for something, with the amount of changes i have seen the 2 years since i lodged my visa it wouldn't supprise me if they make even more changes or change priority's again so fingers crossed that our turn will come.

Tania

• 2 weeks later...

Hi can you add me to the list thanks

Name: Gammo

Date of Visa application: 30.09.09

Trade/profession: Fitter

Visa type: !76

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category (If applicable): 2

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: (dd.mm.yy)

Date of employment verification (If applicable): (dd.mm.yy)

Date visa granted: (dd.mm.yy)

Additional Info (IF applicable):

--------

Guest VickyMel

Hi guys

Thought this might be of some interest.

Post by George Lombard re a presentation by Peter Speldewinde - an assistant secretary with DIAC

"Family sponsored skilled migration has "flatlined".

Priority processing and category four? Says that processing of category 4 cases hasn’t ceased, they’re all inching forward."

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99047-new-points-test-details-released-11-november-13.html#post912014

I hope that means that DIAC do intend to deal with Cat 4 cases even if it is at a slower rate rather than do nothing. Although Pippas post later may also be more correct?

VickyMel

Name: Spider

Date of Visa application: november 2009

Trade/profession: Environmental Health Officer

Visa type: 176

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category (If applicable):

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Medicals submitted: no

Police check submitted: no

Date CO assigned: (dd.mm.yy) not yet

Date visa granted: (dd.mm.yy)

Additional Info (IF applicable): We have applied for SS Tasmania and are very likely to get it. Hope to go to Cat 2 before the end of the month

Guest dragsterwish
Hi guys

Thought this might be of some interest.

Post by George Lombard re a presentation by Peter Speldewinde - an assistant secretary with DIAC

"Family sponsored skilled migration has "flatlined".

Priority processing and category four? Says that processing of category 4 cases hasn’t ceased, they’re all inching forward."

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99047-new-points-test-details-released-11-november-13.html#post912014

I hope that means that DIAC do intend to deal with Cat 4 cases even if it is at a slower rate rather than do nothing. Although Pippas post later may also be more correct?

VickyMel

Hi VickyMel, i do hope they don't mean that there are movement in Cat. 4 b'coz many of the ex-Cat. 4 have moved to Cat. 2 with the SMPs released and thus remaining Cat. 4 applicants have "inched forward".

Guest beersheer

Name: beersheer

Date of Visa application: 15 May 2010

Trade/profession: Community Welfare

Visa type: 885

Pre-23rd Sept 2009 Category (If applicable):

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Medicals submitted: No... (what for ?)

Police check submitted: No... (what for?)

Date CO assigned: (dd.mm.yy) Dooms Day

Date visa granted: (dd.mm.yy) (after WWIII)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all can anyone explain what this means as i know Fitter Turner was already on SOL 4

Schedule 4 SOL

Occupations added:

Chief Executive or Managing Director – 111111 [AIM 60 points]

Advertising and Public Relations Manager – 131111 [AIM 60 points]

Art Administrator or Manager – 139911 [VETASSESS – 50 points]

Conference and Event Organiser – 149311 [VETASSESS – 50 points]

Liaison Officer – 224912 [VETASSESS – 50 points]

Jewellery Designer – 232313 [VETASSESS – 50 points]

Web Designer – 232414 [VETASSESS – 50 points]

Food Technologist – 234212 [VETASSESS – 50 points]

Biotechnologist – 234514 [VETASSESS – 50 points]

Education Reviewer – 249112 [VETASSESS – 50 points]

Network Administrator – 263112 [ACS – 60 points]

ICT Systems Test Engineer – 263213 [ACS 60 points]

Fisheries Inspector – 311311 [VETASSESS – 50 points]

Primary Products Inspector nec – 311399 [VETASSESS – 50 points]

Fitter and Turner – 323212 [TRA – 60 points]

Snowsport Instructor – 452314 [VETASSESS – 50 points]

Occupation removed:

:Medical Technicians nec – 311299 [Engineers Australia – 40 points]

Vetassess has been removed, and TRA is now the only Assessing Authority for the following occupations:

Motor mechanic (general) – 321211

Diesel Motor Mechanic – 321212

Motorcycle Mechanic – 321213

Small engine mechanic – 321214

Bricklayer – 331111

Carpenter and Joiner – 331211

Carpenter – 331212

Joiner – 331213

Plumber (General) – 334111

Electrician (General) – 341111

Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic – 342111

Electrical Linesworker – 342211

Technical Cable Jointer – 342212

Hopefully now that QLD have released their SMP list some more people from cat 4 will switch to Cat 2

i'm afraid that's the case since opposite thing happened, Vickymel. I feel sad for those who will remain in Cat 4 for longer now...

That QLS SMP is almost empty. Unless you work in a hospital. I`m now offically a Cat 4 and feel CRAP!!!!! Stitched up big time!!!

Agent Appt - JAN`08 / Vet Asses JUL`08 / 475 changed to 176 MAR`09 / SS App MAY`09 / IELTS JUN`09 / SS Grantd SEP`09 / 176 Visa App OCT`09 .....

hi every one,

im applicant categorie 4. had apply since april 2008, and following all debates about this categorie since a while, i think for those like me which is and remain in cat4 should start to foget about getting a visa.... dont have any information from any source... but guys..... its been close to three years now!!!! and how many again should we wait .. how patient should we stay.....

hi every one,

im applicant categorie 4. had apply since april 2008, and following all debates about this categorie since a while, i think for those like me which is and remain in cat4 should start to foget about getting a visa.... dont have any information from any source... but guys..... its been close to three years now!!!! and how many again should we wait .. how patient should we stay.....

Does being family sponsored help with cat4 leoj?

Does being family sponsored help with cat4 leoj?

been family sponsored, is not fron any use... the things to get out of cat4 is to have a jod figured on the new sol list... or eventualy have the luck to be sponsored by an state, which can make u move up to category 3...

since when u applied?

daniel.

been family sponsored, is not fron any use... the things to get out of cat4 is to have a jod figured on the new sol list... or eventualy have the luck to be sponsored by an state, which can make u move up to category 3...

since when u applied?

daniel.

Its not me,its my mate,18 months ago to W.A,he was hoping HR manager was on the new smp but i cant see it on there,looks like he's in for a long wait,like a lot of others sadly,cheers leoj

Archived