New Category 4's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There has apparently been a cat4 grant on the BE page. Doesn't make any sense, does it ?!?!

Graphic Designer maps from 2533-13 to 232411 and this is only listed in schedule 4 ?

I'm confused ....

Interesting.....i didnt seem to find graphic designer in the new sol, he looks like Cat4. Any experts here want to shed some light on this............

Guest VickyMel
Has anyone been given any inication to how many year's it takes to get a CO from lodgment date?

Tania

For Cat 4 DIAC were quoting "a very long time"

You can send an automated email to get a time line from DIAC - sorry can't remember the address?

But given the timeline changes when they switch everything around none of them will probably be reliable indicators.

I think it is unfortunately as long as a piece of string...

Edit - something more positive (I don't usually do positive!!! :laugh:)

You might look at how quickly things are running on the Cat 3 thread - if you get onto the SMP list it may go relatively quickly - I think they are close to clearing the 2008 applicants now.

Plus on the old / ancient 176 thread again 2008 applicants were getting cleared reasonably well it was mainly the high risk or people with specific issues that were still outstanding.

Therefore I hope that once SMPs are out there may not be too many people still waiting in 2008 - I think you are 2008 Tania - so hopefully it might be quite quick???

Vicky :hug:

There has apparently been a cat4 grant on the BE page. Doesn't make any sense, does it ?!?!

Graphic Designer maps from 2533-13 to 232411 and this is only listed in schedule 4 ?

I'm confused ....

Very Confused....

There could be one possibility that the Graphic desigeners are from ICT background. so they could be treated as ICT who are in category 3.

If Graphic designer was the code used then it should not matter, otherwise if that were the case, all the Category 4 IT graduates pre July 2010 would and should be assessed as in Cat 3 - and that is not happening!

I don't understand anything anymore. Maybe the applicant just had a guardian angel !

Good luck to them.....

For Cat 4 DIAC were quoting "a very long time"

You can send an automated email to get a time line from DIAC - sorry can't remember the address?

But given the timeline changes when they switch everything around none of them will probably be reliable indicators.

I think it is unfortunately as long as a piece of string...

Edit - something more positive (I don't usually do positive!!! :laugh:)

You might look at how quickly things are running on the Cat 3 thread - if you get onto the SMP list it may go relatively quickly - I think they are close to clearing the 2008 applicants now.

Plus on the old / ancient 176 thread again 2008 applicants were getting cleared reasonably well it was mainly the high risk or people with specific issues that were still outstanding.

Therefore I hope that once SMPs are out there may not be too many people still waiting in 2008 - I think you are 2008 Tania - so hopefully it might be quite quick???

Vicky :hug:

Hi VickyMel,

Still be waiting a long time for me i am afraid as QLD have informed me Fitter will not be on the SMP and from what i have read SS doesn't count for anything in Cat 4

:nah:Tania

Same is Here ...I would also say here that this is hard to believe something which is against the winds. As they are not processing category 4 applicants and how the hell an applicant from category 4 can get the visa.

Yes there is one possibility that they are processing some of the ICT applicants who are assessed by ACS....

Correct me if I am wrong. But some of the ICT people can get the visas sooner of later.

Guest VickyMel

Perhaps they are one of the people who was on the really old 176 list and was being processed at the time it all collapsed. We did see a couple of odd cases go through soon afterwards. They had already got COs and had been asked to do Meds etc but something had delayed things... maybe this one got really delayed.

External checks - kids disputes - who knows the reason but I imagine there is one??

VickyMel

Yes there is one possibility that they are processing some of the ICT applicants who are assessed by ACS....

Correct me if I am wrong. But some of the ICT people can get the visas sooner of later.

No Brother they are not processing any pending IT Graduates and they are not aloowing us for reassesment as well ..Read this reple from DIMMIA

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

This office has previously advised you that if you had obtained a further skills assessment from the Australian Computing Society in association your application for GSM then you can provide it to the department with a Form 1023 Notification of Incorrect Answer(s) requesting your occupation code be changed to ANZSCO.

Please note that the provision of a further skills assessment for an occupation on Schedule 3 of the Skilled Occupation List will not change the priority status of your application as the Migration Regulations do not permit an applicant to change their nominated occupation after lodging an application.

On 1 July 2010 the department commenced use of the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO). As part of the transition to ANZSCO the department undertook a major exercise to examine each Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) listed occupation to decide which ANZSCO occupation(s) it correlated to.

The occupation of Computing Professional nec with the ASCO code 2231-79 was correlated to both Software and Applications Programmers nec (ANZSCO 261399) and Software Tester (ANZSCO 261314), however it does not currently correlate to any occupation currently listed on Schedule 3 of the SOL.

You may lodge a new General Skilled Migration visa application, however applicants are advised to ensure they meet all eligibility requirements before doing so.

Perhaps they are one of the people who was on the really old 176 list and was being processed at the time it all collapsed. We did see a couple of odd cases go through soon afterwards. They had already got COs and had been asked to do Meds etc but something had delayed things... maybe this one got really delayed.

External checks - kids disputes - who knows the reason but I imagine there is one??

VickyMel

Well Vicky,

This is not the case.. Look at my case..asked to submit Medical and PCC. Job verification is done. External and Internal checks might have completed as it has been 3 years of waiting...I do not know what is the criteria behind this...

No Brother they are not processing any pending IT Graduates and they are not aloowing us for reassesment as well ..Read this reple from DIMMIA

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

This office has previously advised you that if you had obtained a further skills assessment from the Australian Computing Society in association your application for GSM then you can provide it to the department with a Form 1023 Notification of Incorrect Answer(s) requesting your occupation code be changed to ANZSCO.

Please note that the provision of a further skills assessment for an occupation on Schedule 3 of the Skilled Occupation List will not change the priority status of your application as the Migration Regulations do not permit an applicant to change their nominated occupation after lodging an application.

On 1 July 2010 the department commenced use of the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO). As part of the transition to ANZSCO the department undertook a major exercise to examine each Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) listed occupation to decide which ANZSCO occupation(s) it correlated to.

The occupation of Computing Professional nec with the ASCO code 2231-79 was correlated to both Software and Applications Programmers nec (ANZSCO 261399) and Software Tester (ANZSCO 261314), however it does not currently correlate to any occupation currently listed on Schedule 3 of the SOL.

You may lodge a new General Skilled Migration visa application, however applicants are advised to ensure they meet all eligibility requirements before doing so.

Thanks for the information. I am really confused what are hey upto? May be by mistake....

Guest Alejandro
At least there is no change to worse for Cat 4. Still in deep sh...

Ahh... Sadly the more you try staying positive the more concerned you get about the outcome and that's not really healthy for a Category 4 applicant like myself in these times. It just seems so unfair especially after a couple of beers:goofy:. I'd wait for 6 more months maximum to complete the 2 years waiting ritual:cry: and then

move on:skeptical:. That means never looking back coz whats done is done.

Archived