New Category 4's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Guest robin737

Hi guys have you heard anything new about cat 4 applications? Since 22 months I have heard nothing about my application. Any hope?

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest majorie c
Hi guys have you heard anything new about cat 4 applications? Since 22 months I have heard nothing about my application. Any hope?

I knew 2 Cat 4 got CO recently......:)

With onshore application, they are up to October 2010 with cat 3 and are moving very fast. So I think they'll start onshore cat 4s before offshore.

Or may be Bris. processing centre will process some of the cat 3 175/176 visas. Thus , reducing the load of the Adelaide processing centre :idea:.

Regards,

MOTO

Guest majorie c
No category 4 applicant has got the Case officer. Whosoever got the CO is shifted to category 2 after state sponsorship.

My agent has 2 clients, WASS hairdresser got CO recently..... Hairdresser not on SMP, so is Cat 4.....

Guest majorie c
Western Australian State Sponsorship means he is on category 2.[/quote

Those occupations are not on the new WA SMP will be in Cat 4, isnt it? :)

Guest majorie c
Hard to believe this....

Are they offshore applicants or onshore? And what is their visa class I mean are they 176, 175 or 475....Are they family sponsored or state Sponsored?

Hairdresser, visa 176, WA sponsored.... LR country......Actually i am also WA SS hairdresser, submitted Oct 2009....:)

Hairdresser, visa 176, WA sponsored.... LR country......Actually i am also WA SS hairdresser, submitted Oct 2009....:)

Yes then he is state sponsored and Low Risk Country applicant. They are considering him in category 2, not in cat 4. You are also category 2 applicant..

Guest majorie c
Yes then he is state sponsored and Low Risk Country applicant. They are considering him in category 2, not in cat 4. You are also category 2 applicant..

Really? I thought I am Cat 4 all this while?.....:wacko:

I believe you are Cat 2 if your nominated occupation is on SMP of the sponsoring state/territory, and Cat 3 if your nominated occupation is on the new SOL Schedule 3, otherwise you are Cat 4.

But he is saying the people who got the case officer, their occupation is removed from WA SMP... They may be processing off list old applicants also...

Hi VB

Unfortunately your comment is misleading. My wife is a WA SS Hairdresser and is almost certainly not Cat 2.

Hairdressing is not on WA SMP so as a result, all of those applicants with SS rcd prior to the changes are in Cat 4.

I would love to think you are right but unfortunately on this occassion it is untrue.

Cheers

Shane

State sponsorship (176 or 886) doesnt mean that he/she is on Cat 2 unless their occupations are in the current state's SMP list..anyway i guessed they just "cherrypicking" some from LR countries..btw the last updated immi announcement said they might consider to allocate some of cat 3 and 4 together as early as new financial year..CMIIW..its my 23rd month of waiting T.T..cheers up guys

Hi VB

Unfortunately your comment is misleading. My wife is a WA SS Hairdresser and is almost certainly not Cat 2.

Hairdressing is not on WA SMP so as a result, all of those applicants with SS rcd prior to the changes are in Cat 4.

I would love to think you are right but unfortunately on this occassion it is untrue.

Cheers

Shane

My dear friend SHANE,

These are not my comments. This is what I have received from my dear friend here that two of his agent's clients have got the case officer. So he said they are hair dressers and were on WA ss earlier. So on these base I have mentioned this...

My dear friend SHANE,

These are not my comments. This is what I have received from my dear friend here that two of his agent's clients have got the case officer. So he said they are hair dressers and were on WA ss earlier. So on these base I have mentioned this...

HI VB

I have had the same news from Marjoriec.

It would appear that the applicants have bee granted CO under Cat 4 though not Cat 2. I would love for all hairdressers that had SS to have cat 2 processing , come to think of it I would love all of those ibn Cat 4 that had SS to get cat " Priority.

Good luck to all Cat 4

Shane

HI VB

I have had the same news from Marjoriec.

It would appear that the applicants have bee granted CO under Cat 4 though not Cat 2. I would love for all hairdressers that had SS to have cat 2 processing , come to think of it I would love all of those ibn Cat 4 that had SS to get cat " Priority.

Good luck to all Cat 4

Shane

Yes this could be possibility DIAC is giving priority to off list state sponsored applicants in category 4. So they are processing those applicants who had state sponsorships earlier...Well can not say.. But I am sure we will listen something from DIAC sooner or later on category 4..

Guest majorie c

Can anyone please explain this(my friend) e-mail? Thanks.....

Dear Client, Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Systems records show that the State/Territory Nomination submitted in support of your application has been received and noted on your file.

Your application will be allocated to a case officer in accordance with the priority processing direction.

If your nominated occupation is not on the relevant state or territory's state migration plan or you are not sponsored by an employer, your visa application will not be finalised until those visa applications which meet these higher processing priorities are finalised.

Information on our current processing timeframes can be obtained by sending a blank email to: gsm.processing@immi.gov.au

This is an automated service providing processing information only. Please do not send any other enquiry or information to this email address.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXX

Archived